Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

India

#182485 Jul 10, 2013
Yawn. I'll join the conversation in a more detailed way next week. Till then these brief missives - literary hors d'oeuvres - should suffice. Bye retards. (smiles). Oops, I forgot to mention that I saw a snippet on the NG channel of a bulky swine taking a crap in a Rut. LOL. Bye.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182486 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can write a gospel for you very easily. Here it is:
There was a noble woman Mary, whom no man had touch. God siad, "Let Mary conceive a child!" and behold, she was pregnant. She gave birth to a son. He was baptised under God's name and his mother named him Esu, pronounced as Esa.
People knew she was not married and they accused her of being an unchaste woman. She kept quiet and pointed towards the baby in her arms. God made the baby talk just as God had made a donkey talk before.
The baby told the people that he was the Slave of God and that God had granted him knowledge and wisdom and had made him a messenger to Bani Israel (Children of Israel).
When Mary's son was mature, he started preaching and told people to repent and be righteous. When people asked him about the greatest Commandment, he asked them to worship God Almighty with all their hearts, all their minds and all their souls.
The Romans felt threatened by him and used the Jewish hierarchy to grab him and hand over to them for a trial. How could God not hear the cry of the young man and the prayers of his noble mother?
God rescued him and delivered him to a safe place, where he remained in hiding and died at an old age.
Your interpretation of the Gospel of Jesus on the cross is FALSE!
Your false information as you describe of the crucifixion of Jesus in your post, is from a book dictated by the false Muslim prophet Muhammad called the Koran.

There is only one book written on the life and death of Jesus that is truthful, and that Book is Gods Holy Bible.
Written by men that lived and were called by Jesus Himself to be His Disciples to spread the Gospel of Jesus, and gave eye witness account of the teachings of Jesus.

The book called the Koran, dictated by the false prophet Muhammad, proves it is a false book, by its lack of detail on the events of the ministry life and death of Jesus.

Jesus lived and was crucified and died on the cross and was resurrected from the dead by the power of God the Father over 600 years before Muhammad and his Muslim religion called Islam ever existed.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182487 Jul 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
So, the WORD that is GOD, and which somehow transformed itself into GOD, is SYMBOLICAL. As a result, the WORD and GOD are symbolical. No WORD, no GOD. Both are mere symbols. LOL.
You cannot have the existence of creation without the spoken Word from God.
God said: "Let there be light, and there was light".
So the Word of God is God.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#182488 Jul 10, 2013
In the BEGINNING was the WORD and the WORD was GOD.

Stars, moon, thermonuclear fusion, light, darkness, earth, day, night came much later.

Mere symbols: WORD and GOD.

LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#182489 Jul 10, 2013
So, this symbolical WORD?GOD actually "spoke" aloud the line ' "let there be light"? Another symbol? Childish Myths. LMAO.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#182490 Jul 10, 2013
typo - WORD/GOD
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#182491 Jul 10, 2013
Was the "spoken line" - Let there be light - uttered by this symbolical WORD/GOD prior to the synthesis of hydrogen and its isoptes? I take it that by "light" is meant the radiant energy emitted by hydrogen/helium rich stars via thermonuclear fusion reactions. Right? Or does light refer to the alternation of day and night on planets like earth that take place due to rotation on their own axis in a helio-centric universe? Whatever.

So, this symbolical WORD/GOD got light to shine in the universe or daylight to shine on earth before the elements hydrogen/helium, rotating planets and suns were formed/created?

Mere symbols.

Big mess.

LOL.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182492 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that, Rabbee
I was telling that to Seeker, who appears to hold no Degree at all.
lol...
"No degree" Seeker knows that his mangod is just an illusion.
He is unable to convince himself or others as to why he worships BJ the mangod without a single Direct command from him to do so.
Poor seeker.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182493 Jul 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Was the "spoken line" - Let there be light - uttered by this symbolical WORD/GOD prior to the synthesis of hydrogen and its isoptes? I take it that by "light" is meant the radiant energy emitted by hydrogen/helium rich stars via thermonuclear fusion reactions. Right? Or does light refer to the alternation of day and night on planets like earth that take place due to rotation on their own axis in a helio-centric universe? Whatever.
So, this symbolical WORD/GOD got light to shine in the universe or daylight to shine on earth before the elements hydrogen/helium, rotating planets and suns were formed/created?
Mere symbols.
Big mess.
LOL.
Do you think that the Bible should have discussed physics with people back then? Is that what you are demanding? Gee, that sure would have been perfectly understandable for them, right? Where is your common sense?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182494 Jul 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Mere symbols.
Big mess.
LOL.
Hey Joel, I have never been and never shall be a homosexual.
But Seeker may be one, because he is always here trolling while worshipping a naked european pagan on a phallus.
What more proof do you need.
How is your new servant doing?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182495 Jul 10, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Joel, I have never been and never shall be a homosexual.
But Seeker may be one, because he is always here trolling while worshipping a naked european pagan on a phallus.
What more proof do you need.
How is your new servant doing?
Yes Phallics, what more proof does Joel need than your last post?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182496 Jul 10, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you shall not, bear false witness. no matter how much you pretend, your fantasy innuendo thinking is worth to you. which also violates, the first command and more.
Whatever. Just get some help, okay?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182497 Jul 10, 2013
ecpinto wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You have made no mention about new disciples not knowing about the HOLY Spirit. Yet you continue to cling to that example that because the newly baptised did not know the HOLY SPIRIT, the HOLY SPIRIT doesnt exist. bad logic.
2. Muslims maybe fast for Allah. Christians use denial of food to ourselves as a means for a variety of reasons, faith, building up ones spiritual strength so as to endure and pass the test of temptation. etc
3. In the real world people use lobbyists to get their way in the field of politics etc. It is no different in hte spiritual world. EVERYONE has a direct connection to GOD. However, in most cases the connection is non functional, so we use mediators whom GOD listens to because they do his will. These mediator have conquered the world and so help us to get prayers answered by God. Take any day of your choosing, and what kind of weather you want and I will use Jesus to pray for the opposite. Lets see whose prayers get answered.
1. Please give us the names of ALL disciples and how they were made disciples.
2. Why do some Christians deny spouses and become Priests and Nuns?
3. People use lobbyists as their is corruption at the top. Are you suggesting that your god is corrupted?
Jesus unfortunately made a clear statement during his life time that he came only for a limited number of people frm his neighbourhood who were essentially from the clan of Judah.
Therfore, worshipping Jesus achieves nothing when it comes to a gentile or even a Jew. The only being worthy of worship os God who created the universe and beyond.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182498 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Homo slave....
Do you worship a buttnaked pagan on a cross (phallic symbol) believing him to be your "god" who came as a Jewish man ? Yes

Did the man tell his Jewish people to worship him? No.

Was the man even concerned with Gentiles during his life time? No.

Do YOU have any DIRECT instruction from that man to worship him? No.

Therefore, you are a perverted idol worshipper.

End of.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182499 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. Just get some help, okay?
Follow your own recommendation, homo boy
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182500 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
homo slave...that post was addresed to Joel.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#182501 Jul 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see you telling the truth.
Jesus said "I give them eternal life"
Only God can give eternal life.
Jesus didn't say my Father gives them eternal life.
Nor did Jesus say by permission of our God in heaven I give them eternal life.
Jesus said "I give them eternal life"
Proving to the Jews that Jesus is equal to God His Father in power and glory.
And that is why the Jews wanted to stone Jesus.
The Jews knew what Jesus was saying, and they still didn't believe Jesus.
Like the scripture says: The Jews asked Jesus if he was the Messiah,
and Jesus said: "I told you and you do not believe".
If I were BMZ, you should be a shammed to say you are an educated man with 3 scholarly degrees.
For you ware a dunce cap as the most uneducated person on these forums.
You give shame to the word Muslim.
That Jesus said he gives eternal life, is Bull Shit. As expected, you quoted another lie.

Actually, I wrote this:

You quoted: "24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying,“How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered,“I did tell you, but you do not believe."

This is where John shows Jesus as a liar. Jesus did not lie but you can see how teh writers of the gospels lied through their teeth.

So, the Jews asked him:“How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

Jesus answered,“I did tell you, but you do not believe."

Now, would you be kind enough to show me where and when did Jesus tell them openly that he was the Messiah?

Quote the name of the gospel and the verse.

I have read and studied all gospels and I do not see Jesus telling them openly, "I am the Messiah".
Next lie, please.

You have not shown me where and when did he tell the Jews, "I am the Messiah"?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182502 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid to think that anybody could possibly mean that anything came before God. Nobody in their right mind could ever read it that way.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God" means that they were both at the beginning or even that God preceded the word and when the word came about it was with God. How can the word precede that one that created the word?
Yes, better have the discussion with Stefano, even though he doesn't even care about the Bible. But if he did, he would tell you the same exact thing that I am. You are so cross eyed sometimes that it just blows my mind.
homoseeker...
Stefano is yet another "shy" christian.
He sides with you although your idea of god is hilarious, compared with Jews and Muslims!

Read what you write.
Are you suggesting that God came first and the word came later?

Be precise....and then explain this...
"The word was god"
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182503 Jul 10, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>Salaamz Scholar!?! I think NOT! You,re no more than a slave. An extra special slave to ALEX123,Hint,hint! LOL!
SalaamsZ and thank you O' Rabbeen Al Jihad, the wise one.
Seeker my slave was ADAMANT that "evyonim" meant "gifts"!
But after a few huge hints, he retracted like a cat that has had its paws used and burnt...and shouted "MISTAKE"!
He never apologised.
Therefore, he is my special slave indeed!
CheerZ!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182504 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually the one who quotes from the scholars. I quote from Jewish scholars and Rabbis, Christian scholars and Muslim scholars. And who do you mean by the scholars? BMZ? You've got to be kidding me. He didn't even know when the real scholar IBN Kathir even lived. He's had to be corrected about numerous things on the Bible and even the Quran. I had to quote official Muslims sources to him to show him what the origin of praying 5 times per day is. It's NOT the Quran, it was Muhammad's night journey and even Muslim scholars themselves agree and I liked and quoted them.
lol...
And still no answers to these!!
We need you to show Jesus making claims in the first person as follows, in Synoptic Gospels starting with MARK:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

If you can't show proof from the Synoptic Gospels starting with Mark, then you best kneel down and listen to what Shamma told you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Sat dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May '17 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May '17 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
More from around the web