Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256495 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182465 Jul 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
WORD = GOD?
If WORD = GOD,. what is the WORD? What is its basal constitution? How did the WORD become GOD? If the WORD somehow became GOD, then does it mean that the WORD is greater or superior to GOD? Can GOD become the WORD? LMAO.
Have you ever heard of the concept of symbolism? And where did it say that the word became greater than God? Joel, you said you were thinking about attending school in the US. I would advise you not to. It will only confuse you. You simply are not ready.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#182466 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
BMZ, do you honestly have to wonder why anybody with even a high school diploma finds discussion with you to be absolutely pointless? You asked about my degree. I have a degree from Rutgers University, where they teach you things like philosophy and logic as well as science, math, finance etc..... They teach people how to think, not the Quran. The Quran is a useless textbook that teaches nobody any skills, and you are living proof of that. And you even don't know the Quran very well. So what were your degrees in? Jihad 101, 102 and 103? What was your Minor? How to make a fool out of yourself?
Do Rutgers also issue a Degree printed on a 3-ply toile tissue paper, Seeker?

I do not see any logic and reason in your posts. How did you manage to get that degree?
bmz

Location hidden

#182467 Jul 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh?
In case you haven't figured it out yet, and am not surprised if you haven't, you are considered a retarded here.

There is no point to discuss anything with a self claimed educated who makes idiotic questions and pretend an answer.

Go and stay with people more closer to your educational level - kindergarten kids. Am sure after few decades of years you'll be at their pair.
Off-topic and a great Cop Out.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182468 Jul 10, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
this whole world is the world, of all religiously prejudiced liars. that is not even really truly, interested in the actual truth religiously.
Or maybe they just aren't interested in what YOU have to say because you are nothing more than a mental patient writing from a condo in Denver.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182469 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe they just aren't interested in what YOU have to say because you are nothing more than a mental patient writing from a condo in Denver.
rabbee: well they don't seem to be interested, in what you have to say either. so what asylum, do you represent?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182470 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Rutgers also issue a Degree printed on a 3-ply toile tissue paper, Seeker?
I do not see any logic and reason in your posts. How did you manage to get that degree?
No he actually has either far less patience than I have or he is smarter than I am because he knows a hopeless waste of time when he sees one. But I think my patience is just about gone as well and maybe I need to get a little smarter.

I've never seen a thread quite like this where some are just outright lunatics, one is nothing but a nasty, ignorant, confused little boy that has an obsession for Phallic symbols, and the others could put all of their IQs together to be the same number as a shoe size.

It's amazing.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182471 Jul 10, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well they don't seem to be interested, in what you have to say either. so what asylum, do you represent?
I really don't care whether they are interested in what I say and I make no special claims about myself like you do. You have acute mental problems, and like anybody who suffers from that, you have no idea of that. That's part of the very definition for the more severe mental disorders. I'm just fascinated about how people can be so screwed up and/or stupid and what they do when plain logic is shown right to them. This place blows my mind.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182472 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I thought that the knuckleheads in this place were bad enough, but then to find someone who admires the knuckleheads is just beyond comprehension. How can anybody possibly have a negative IQ? I thought that was impossible.
rabbee: all negative liars, consider their own iq positively. kind of like the battery terminals and magnetic poles, normally named backwards biased.
bmz

Location hidden

#182473 Jul 10, 2013
ecpinto wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you write a Gospel because the Quran is also written by someone like you. It is pointless arguing/discussing with you because you keep on shifting the goal post using interpretations which suit the moment..

Look at the videos on youtube about the Kaaba and you will see thatg there is a rock there...Muslims face the Kaaba when they pray and of course they are facing and praying to a rock which is worse than some idol of God...Offer your fast to that stone >>>>>LOL]
I can write a gospel for you very easily. Here it is:

There was a noble woman Mary, whom no man had touch. God siad, "Let Mary conceive a child!" and behold, she was pregnant. She gave birth to a son. He was baptised under God's name and his mother named him Esu, pronounced as Esa.

People knew she was not married and they accused her of being an unchaste woman. She kept quiet and pointed towards the baby in her arms. God made the baby talk just as God had made a donkey talk before.

The baby told the people that he was the Slave of God and that God had granted him knowledge and wisdom and had made him a messenger to Bani Israel (Children of Israel).

When Mary's son was mature, he started preaching and told people to repent and be righteous. When people asked him about the greatest Commandment, he asked them to worship God Almighty with all their hearts, all their minds and all their souls.

The Romans felt threatened by him and used the Jewish hierarchy to grab him and hand over to them for a trial. How could God not hear the cry of the young man and the prayers of his noble mother?

God rescued him and delivered him to a safe place, where he remained in hiding and died at an old age.
bmz

Location hidden

#182474 Jul 10, 2013
@ ecpinto

Sorry, I forgot to add:

End of the gospel.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182475 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
People knew she was not married and they accused her of being an unchaste woman. She kept quiet and pointed towards the baby in her arms. God made the baby talk just as God had made a donkey talk before.
And of course, none of the witness said anything to anybody else about fabulous and miraculous talking baby, right? Don't you have any common sense? Why do you think the ridiculous Infancy Gospel, where Muhammad got that story from, was never taken seriously by any of the smarter people at all? You should see what else it has in it. Jesus was a nasty little brat who used his powers to hurt people. Muhammad had no idea of what a ridiculous book he was getting these things from.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182476 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I deleted the commentary because it was absurd and rubbish.
You quoted: "24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying,“How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered,“I did tell you, but you do not believe."
This is where John shows Jesus as a liar. Jesus did not lie but you can see how teh writers of the gospels lied through their teeth.
So, the Jews asked him:“How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
Jesus answered,“I did tell you, but you do not believe."
Now, would you be kind enough to show me where and when did Jesus tell them openly that he was the Messiah?
Quote the name of the gospel and the verse.
I have read and studied all gospels and I do not see Jesus telling them openly, "I am the Messiah".
Next lie, please.
I don't see you telling the truth.
Jesus said "I give them eternal life"
Only God can give eternal life.

Jesus didn't say my Father gives them eternal life.
Nor did Jesus say by permission of our God in heaven I give them eternal life.

Jesus said "I give them eternal life"

Proving to the Jews that Jesus is equal to God His Father in power and glory.

And that is why the Jews wanted to stone Jesus.
The Jews knew what Jesus was saying, and they still didn't believe Jesus.
Like the scripture says: The Jews asked Jesus if he was the Messiah,
and Jesus said: "I told you and you do not believe".

If I were BMZ, you should be a shammed to say you are an educated man with 3 scholarly degrees.

For you ware a dunce cap as the most uneducated person on these forums.
You give shame to the word Muslim.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182477 Jul 10, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: all negative liars, consider their own iq positively. kind of like the battery terminals and magnetic poles, normally named backwards biased.
Yeah, whatever. Aren't you late for your electroshock therapy appointment?
JOEL

India

#182478 Jul 10, 2013
So, the WORD that is GOD, and which somehow transformed itself into GOD, is SYMBOLICAL. As a result, the WORD and GOD are symbolical. No WORD, no GOD. Both are mere symbols. LOL.
JOEL

India

#182479 Jul 10, 2013
QUESTIONS:

State 2 ways to establish the validity of the equation of ke = 1/2mv^2.

Is it possible to wholly or partially debunk this basic formula stated above? How?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182480 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care whether they are interested in what I say and I make no special claims about myself like you do. You have acute mental problems, and like anybody who suffers from that, you have no idea of that. That's part of the very definition for the more severe mental disorders. I'm just fascinated about how people can be so screwed up and/or stupid and what they do when plain logic is shown right to them. This place blows my mind.
rabbee: you shall not, bear false witness. for i shall keep my mental condition with G-D, as opposed to yours against G-D. you all can use all the antiG-D logic you want, it is still not The-Logic of G-D actually here in TheTorah. i am not fascinated about any of you, normally at enmity against G-D.

and if you do not believe, that G-D actually visiting someone is not special. then that is just your, self special opinion against it. but at least i got the visit from TheG-D, that you never get. so maybe you need to ask, why prophetically me and not anti-prophetically you?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182481 Jul 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
So, the WORD that is GOD, and which somehow transformed itself into GOD, is SYMBOLICAL. As a result, the WORD and GOD are symbolical. No WORD, no GOD. Both are mere symbols. LOL.
What do you think THE word is? Taken literally THE word is singular, right? So do we say that is it talking about one word like dog or cat? Come on.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182482 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, whatever. Aren't you late for your electroshock therapy appointment?
rabbee: you shall not, bear false witness. no matter how much you pretend, your fantasy innuendo thinking is worth to you. which also violates, the first command and more.
JOEL

India

#182483 Jul 10, 2013
Dunce. ROFL.
JOEL

India

#182484 Jul 10, 2013
Butt-fu-ckers are those who make a "love canal" out of the 'sewer" of the human body.

Alex and Buford (El Cid), where are both of you?

(wink wink wink)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Fri Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb 10 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb 8 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb 7 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan '17 Wally Hope 4
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec '16 Off Topic 5
More from around the web