Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#182445 Jul 10, 2013
A.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about me? I've been here the whole time. As I said, I just want to warn you that if you treat verses from John where it mentions a comforter as legitimate, then be prepared to explain why those verses are legitimate and the rest of the book is not. You will need to do that before we even get to discussing what those verses really mean and who they are referring to.
Yes I was talking about you.

Why are you jumping to the conclusion? I did not say anything about John's verses yet.

I wanted to have a proper point by point discussion with you on the subject of prophesy.

I just asked you basic question, what is a prophesy?

You did not answer for two days this simple question and now you come talking about John and last chapter.

Is that the way to have a proper point by point discussion?

We cannot have a discussion without having made proper base and sorting out rules.

So I ask you once again, what is prophesy?

B.
Seeker wrote:
01. A "prophecy" is a prediction of what will happen in the future.

02. Let me make a "prophecy". To show that Muhammad was the comforter, you will use verses from the book of John, and then I will ask you whether other verses from John are legitimate also and ask you how you decide which verses are legitimate and which ones are not.
Ans.

1. Yes a prophesy is a prediction for some events that will happen at a future date.

2 Why are you "apprehensive"? You are behaving in a strange manner. You start raising points which I never mentioned yet.

3. We are still in preliminary stages and you are talking about points that are not yet mentioned?

4. May be this is the "first discussion" in which you are asked to proceed in a slow process.

Q. My Next Question is, who makes these Prophesies?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#182446 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
BMZ, do you honestly have to wonder why anybody with even a high school diploma finds discussion with you to be absolutely pointless? You asked about my degree. I have a degree from Rutgers University, where they teach you things like philosophy and logic as well as science, math, finance etc..... They teach people how to think, not the Quran. The Quran is a useless textbook that teaches nobody any skills, and you are living proof of that. And you even don't know the Quran very well. So what were your degrees in? Jihad 101, 102 and 103? What was your Minor? How to make a fool out of yourself?
Most certainly they do not teach you proper manners in your University.

That Master or Doctorate or whatever degree they bestowed on you in University has no value if you cannot even talk in a civil language.

To call Quran a Useless books shows you have no knowledge about Quran or about the feelings of 1,5 Billions of humans.

And that is the case when you give High Regards to Bible!!

There are stories in Bible that are so filthy and dirty that no descent man can read them to his mother, sister, daughter or even good wife.

And you made all those allegations against Quran.

I wonder if you are in fit condition to have any discussion with a civlized man or not.

I am seeing all your colors in that Prophesy discussion which I am having with you.

I can shorten my response with one sentence "Shame on you"!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182447 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
A.

1. Yes a prophesy is a prediction for some events that will happen at a future date.
2 Why are you "apprehensive"? You are behaving in a strange manner. You start raising points which I never mentioned yet.
Because I am trying to save time and warn you of the problems you are going to run into in advance. I told you before, I already know every single angle you will attempt. I've heard them all before and they never end up working upon proper examination
MUQ wrote:
Q. My Next Question is, who makes these Prophesies?
God, a prophet, a soothsayer or anybody else who thinks they can. What was Nostradamus? What was Mother Shipton? What was Edgar Cayce? You probably never even heard of the last two names.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182448 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am seeing all your colors in that Prophesy discussion which I am having with you.
Oh for crying out loud, just get to the point, okay? There is no need for these dramatics and theatrics. Just lay it out and lets take a look at it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182449 Jul 10, 2013
MUQ, it's so funny that the discussion hasn't even begun yet and you are already turning it into a personal matter. Can't you just discuss the facts and make your case?
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#182450 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
BMZ, do you honestly have to wonder why anybody with even a high school diploma finds discussion with you to be absolutely pointless? You asked about my degree. I have a degree from Rutgers University, where they teach you things like philosophy and logic as well as science, math, finance etc..... They teach people how to think, not the Quran. The Quran is a useless textbook that teaches nobody any skills, and you are living proof of that. And you even don't know the Quran very well. So what were your degrees in? Jihad 101, 102 and 103? What was your Minor? How to make a fool out of yourself?
Salaamz TweekR LOL! it appearz that it is YOU who are the pointless wone hear,for no matter whut shape ore form the materials are given by the Scholars,YOU(EWE) reject it in its entirety!LOL! Not to menshun you are completely unworthy to comment upon anything Muslim. CheerZ & Happy Ramadan!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#182451 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
KJV

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Wycliffe
1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.
2 This was in the bigynnyng at God.

In verse 1, KLV says "was with God", and Wycliffe says "was at God". They both mean the same thing.
In the second half of the verse "the word was God" from KJV, and "God was the word" mean the same thing as well.

Verse 2
"The same was" in KJV and means the same thing as "This was" in Wycliffe, and at the end of verse 2, "with God" and "at God" once again mean the same thing.

Translations don't always use the same identical words, but they better mean the same thing and they do. What is the matter with you, you blommin' retard?
If you want to discuss translations of Qur'aan, discuss them separately. There are no absurd verses like John 1:1-6 in Qur'aan.

Even a 3rd Grader will laugh his/her ass off on your poor spin, Seeker.

Let me make it easy for you to understand.

Wycilffe showed that in the beginning, it was all about God, nothing else. So, God was THE word.

The fraudulent translation "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This forgery shows that there was a Word in the beginning and it existed even before God as some larva or an amoeba and became God beside God later.

Let Stefano come up with his twisted views.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182452 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that, Rabbee
I was telling that to Seeker, who appears to hold no Degree at all.
rabbee: there has been nothing in education here in the united states, that helps anyone be true to G-D. and have noticed, that schools that teach alleged religions. do not teach how to be, true to G-D. in fact i do not think, it is possible to teach anyone how to be true to G-D. especially since people prefer, to be taught on how not to be true to G-D.

Since: Jul 13

Mumbai, India

#182453 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted from John through the FIRST EVER TRANSLATION of the Bible by John Wycliffe in English and this is what I said:
"Now, I quote from the first translation in English, which was done by John Wycliffe in the later part of the 14th Century.
"In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word. This was in the bigynnyng at God.""
You can see there is no Word in caps there and it does not say "the Word was God".
Short and sweet it was all about God. God was the word.
If this is not a problem, what it is ?
Why dont you write a Gospel because the Quran is also written by someone like you. It is pointless arguing/discussing with you because you keep on shifting the goal post using interpretations which suit the moment..
Look at the videos on youtube about the Kaaba and you will see thatg there is a rock there...Muslims face the Kaaba when they pray and of course they are facing and praying to a rock which is worse than some idol of God...Offer your fast to that stone >>>>>LOL]
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182454 Jul 10, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>Salaamz TweekR LOL! it appearz that it is YOU who are the pointless wone hear,for no matter whut shape ore form the materials are given by the Scholars,YOU(EWE) reject it in its entirety!LOL! Not to menshun you are completely unworthy to comment upon anything Muslim. CheerZ & Happy Ramadan!
I'm actually the one who quotes from the scholars. I quote from Jewish scholars and Rabbis, Christian scholars and Muslim scholars. And who do you mean by the scholars? BMZ? You've got to be kidding me. He didn't even know when the real scholar IBN Kathir even lived. He's had to be corrected about numerous things on the Bible and even the Quran. I had to quote official Muslims sources to him to show him what the origin of praying 5 times per day is. It's NOT the Quran, it was Muhammad's night journey and even Muslim scholars themselves agree and I liked and quoted them.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182455 Jul 10, 2013
Whoops, I meant linked and quoted.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182456 Jul 10, 2013
ecpinto wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you write a Gospel because the Quran is also written by someone like you. It is pointless arguing/discussing with you because you keep on shifting the goal post using interpretations which suit the moment.
He does that all of the time with everybody, and for some reason, he doesn't see any problem with that behavior.
ecpinto wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the videos on youtube about the Kaaba and you will see thatg there is a rock there...Muslims face the Kaaba when they pray and of course they are facing and praying to a rock which is worse than some idol of God...Offer your fast to that stone >>>>>LOL]
There is an entire story about Muhammad during pre Islam times, where the kaaba had to be rebuilt, and there were four pagan Meccan tribes each arguing about which would have the honor of lifting that black stone back into place, as they all revered it tremendously. So they called Muhammad in to decide which of the four leaders would have the honor. And do you know who Muhammad decided should have the honor? HIMSELF. Yup, sounds like Muhammad to me. Surely a sign of the trouble to come for the Meccans, but they didn't see it.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182457 Jul 10, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>Salaamz TweekR LOL! it appearz that it is YOU who are the pointless wone hear,for no matter whut shape ore form the materials are given by the Scholars,YOU(EWE) reject it in its entirety!LOL! Not to menshun you are completely unworthy to comment upon anything Muslim. CheerZ & Happy Ramadan!
rabbee: being taught a religion, does not make anyone true to G-D. for if that were true, the alleged as jews should outshine you all. as it becomes more and more apparent, people can only be taught how not to be true to G-D. because the whole world, has no desire to be true to G-D.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#182458 Jul 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Whoops, I meant linked and quoted.
Salaamz Scholar!?! I think NOT! You,re no more than a slave. An extra special slave to ALEX123,Hint,hint! LOL!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182459 Jul 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to discuss translations of Qur'aan, discuss them separately. There are no absurd verses like John 1:1-6 in Qur'aan.
Even a 3rd Grader will laugh his/her ass off on your poor spin, Seeker.
Let me make it easy for you to understand.
Wycilffe showed that in the beginning, it was all about God, nothing else. So, God was THE word.
The fraudulent translation "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
This forgery shows that there was a Word in the beginning and it existed even before God as some larva or an amoeba and became God beside God later.
Let Stefano come up with his twisted views.
You are so stupid to think that anybody could possibly mean that anything came before God. Nobody in their right mind could ever read it that way.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God" means that they were both at the beginning or even that God preceded the word and when the word came about it was with God. How can the word precede that one that created the word? How does word was with God interpreted to mean a stinking amoeba? You are completely out of your mind.

Yes, better have the discussion with Stefano, even though he doesn't even care about the Bible. But if he did, he would tell you the same exact thing that I am. You are so cross eyed sometimes that it just blows my mind.
JOEL

India

#182460 Jul 10, 2013
WORD = GOD?

If WORD = GOD,. what is the WORD? What is its basal constitution? How did the WORD become GOD? If the WORD somehow became GOD, then does it mean that the WORD is greater or superior to GOD? Can GOD become the WORD? LMAO.
JOEL

India

#182461 Jul 10, 2013
Those brainless idiots who move in a filthy Rut attend Rutgers. LOL.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182462 Jul 10, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>Salaamz Scholar!?! I think NOT! You,re no more than a slave. An extra special slave to ALEX123,Hint,hint! LOL!
Look could you please stop continually showing everybody how stupid you are? I have no idea why you enjoy embarrassing yourself like this unless you just simply have no idea that you are even doing that. It's pathetic. As to why you would want to make people like Alex and BMZ out to be smarter than you is simply incredible. Don't you know how embarrassing that is for you for them to be smarter than you? Don't you even have the slightest idea?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182463 Jul 10, 2013
this whole world is the world, of all religiously prejudiced liars. that is not even really truly, interested in the actual truth religiously.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182464 Jul 10, 2013
I thought that the knuckleheads in this place were bad enough, but then to find someone who admires the knuckleheads is just beyond comprehension. How can anybody possibly have a negative IQ? I thought that was impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr 15 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar 27 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb '17 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb '17 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb '17 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
More from around the web