Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,505

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182375 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just not capable of any depth of thought. Perhaps because of a sub standard education.
To begin with he's not able to understand simple words... I don't expect, therefore, bmz to excel in anything beyond it.

Location hidden

#182376 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wait till you see how he interprets it. Once, he interpreted Jesus being called the Lamb of God as meaning that Jesus was a meek and humble person. He took lamb to mean lamb in the regular or normal sense. He does this all of the time. The Quran is perfect for him and the New Testament is just too deep and abstract for him.
In his education system, assuming he had one, allegory was tabł I guess.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#182377 Jul 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that a ripe comment, considering our previous exchanges.

Location hidden

#182378 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ashamed to admit that the only person who I can have a reasonable conversation with on this thread is the sole atheist here. Everybody else either seems to be an outright lunatic, and we have two of those here, or completely uneducated and lacking in even the most basic reasoning skills. And then, we even have a twisted little creep with an obsession for Phallic symbols and can't even do anything to defend Islam to save his life. It really is hopelessly pathetic.
I fled this thread a while back because I no longer saw the point of it.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#182379 Jul 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Eleanor Roosevelt said it soooo well about you and Seeker.

Do you and Seeker still want to continue discussing me?

Location hidden

#182380 Jul 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
See Shamma, you always avoid answering whatever I write.
Said by one who never does it. LOL
JOEL

Thane, India

#182381 Jul 9, 2013
An individual of dignity, culture, intelligence and justice would take every illogical scripture (whether it be his own or some other) to task but here we find ignorant fanatics with stoneage creationist mindsets condemning one particular book, criticizing one particular community and demonizing one particular prophet , while they fail to see the filth in their own scripture, community and prophet. Shameless posters.

bmz

Singapore

#182382 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
"30 Again he said,“What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? 31 It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. 32 Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.”

"Hey, wait, how can the entire Kingdom of God can fit in a Mustard plant?".
You should not ask that type of silly question, Seeker. That parable is very easy to understand. How can you ask that sort of question?

In the Orient, parables are quite common. We have a good grasp on parables. Even the sages and people of understanding all over the Orient, speak that kind of language in daily life.

bmz

Singapore

#182383 Jul 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that a ripe comment, considering our previous exchanges.
lol!

Thank you.
JOEL

Thane, India

#182384 Jul 9, 2013
I'll be coming online more often from next week. Busy. Bye.

Location hidden

#182385 Jul 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt said it soooo well about you and Seeker.
Do you and Seeker still want to continue discussing me?
You can't understand nor discuss simple sentences. Following his reasoning he should be put into micro minds category.

bmz

Singapore

#182386 Jul 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I fled this thread a while back because I no longer saw the point of it.
But please keep visiting when ever you can. Without you and Seaside Soon, every polemic Christian here shows that he 'excels' in Hebrew and the Holy Scriptures. We need an Accredited Checker.

Location hidden

#182387 Jul 9, 2013
CORRECTION:

You can't understand nor discuss simple sentences. Following his reasoning he should put YOU into micro minds category.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182388 Jul 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
See Shamma, you always avoid answering whatever I write. I wrote this:
Dishonesty has always been the Hallmark of the Church and Christianity.
The point is that those were Jesus' disciples, whom Paul had met. They had not heard at all about the Holy Spirit. Period! So, if Jesus had not mentioned anything about the Holy Spirit, who came up with this Holy Spirit.
If there were a Holy Spirit, then after getting baptized by Jesus, the Holy Spirit should have landed upon them. Right? But no, nothing!
By whom were the twelve disciples baptized?
Have you ever read John?
"After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized."
And note that on the other side, John was still baptizing. Both were baptizing simultaneously.
For every lie that Christianity has come up with, there are verses that blow up the lie.
Now, be a bold Christian and try to address the post and answer my questions. See, I answer Seeker's questions, no matter how ridiculous those are.
Listen to what you are saying!
You are misrepresenting the scriptures.
John baptism was not designed by God to produce the Holy Spirit in those John baptized.
For the ones John baptized were not baptized in the name of Jesus, nor of in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

John preached that that it would be Jesus:
Luke 3:16
New International Version (©2011)
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

You are worthless.
Your claim to be a scholar is based on fraud.

Your following Muhammad proves what I say about Muslims, that Muslims are taught by Muhammad's Koran to be liars.

bmz

Singapore

#182389 Jul 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ashamed to admit that the only person who I can have a reasonable conversation with on this thread is the sole atheist here.
There is no need to be ashamed. You should have felt proud. Self-loathing is not good for the mind.

bmz

Singapore

#182390 Jul 9, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Seeker is not intelligent or logical in most ways. He attempts to cover his ignorance and illogic using smooth language. I've yet to read a single intelligent post from this Christian fanatic-creationist and Jesus freak. Shame.
Indeed!

Thanks for a good assessment, Joel.

Since: Jul 13

Mumbai, India

#182391 Jul 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point on this forum has always been that the so-called Holy Spirit of Christianity DOES NOT exist as an entity at all, besides God and Mary's son Jesus.
And my point gets reinforced by the disciples' statement that they had not EVEN heard of the Holy Spirit.
So, what about blasphemy against God and Jesus? Does it mean that one can blaspheme against God and Jesus but one cannot blaspheme the thing that does not exist?
What about this translation from NIV? "And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
And what about this from John 4? "God is a spirit; and they that adore him, must adore him in spirit and in truth."
We have direct access to God Almighty, who has always answered our prayers. We do not even pray through Muhammad, so why should we pray through Jesus. We don't need Jesus. Thanks
Do you suppose a recent inductee into Islam will know everything that there is to know about Islam...I think not..
Similarly the disciple you like to quote are ones who have recently been baptiised into the Catholic faith..eventually they get to know and experience the HOlY SPIRIT.
The truth be told Allah the God of Islam is nonexistent for the simple reason that he has dictated an imperfect Quran.
As far as the HOLY SPIRIT goes, those who deny him can never experience him because as he is a spirit and the third person in the HOLY Trinity. Just like those who are Atheists, deny t
he existence of God so they will never experience God.
Nice to know you have a direct connection to God...why dont you use your direct connections to annhilate unbelievers and apostasizers..You just cant do it...So sad to hear you will be hungry for 30 days to honor someone who doesnt exist...

bmz

Singapore

#182392 Jul 9, 2013
JOEL wrote:
I'll be coming online more often from next week. Busy. Bye.
OK. Take care.

Location hidden

#182393 Jul 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
But please keep visiting when ever you can. Without you and Seaside Soon, every polemic Christian here shows that he 'excels' in Hebrew and the Holy Scriptures. We need an Accredited Checker.
I am tempted to deputize Steffano or Rahbee to fufill that role.

Regardless, I have grudging respect for UhUh.

bmz

Singapore

#182394 Jul 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Listen to what you are saying!
You are misrepresenting the scriptures.
John baptism was not designed by God to produce the Holy Spirit in those John baptized.
For the ones John baptized were not baptized in the name of Jesus, nor of in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
John preached that that it would be Jesus:
Luke 3:16
New International Version (©2011)
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
You are worthless.
Your claim to be a scholar is based on fraud.
Your following Muhammad proves what I say about Muslims, that Muslims are taught by Muhammad's Koran to be liars.
Muslims are killing Muslims. The world knows that.

I have to get up early. So, before saying good night, please chew on this:

1. Baptism of John and Baptism of Jesus have no place in Judaism.

2. John was not baptizing all the Jews or the entire House of Israel.

3. That style of baptism was never practiced by the mainstream Jews.

4. Do not mix Baptism of John and Baptism of Jesus with ceremonial wash and bathing.

Here are some killer questions:

Under whose name did John baptise Jesus?

Why did Jesus accept to get baptized, when John was only baptizing people (sinners), who wanted to repent sincerely and turn to God?

Why did Jesus repent so late?

Good night

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Tue Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Tue iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web