Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 250859 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#182293 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you arguing with me about Judaism? Go argue with the Jews themselves. That's why I linked an article from a very well respected Jewish Seminary website. I got the idea that Moses himself was a sinner from them. I heard it long ago from Jews themselves. Next, you will be saying that a Muslim with third grade comprehension skills understands their scriptures better than they do. People who have studied Judaism their whole life. It's absolutely amazing the lengths you will go to to deny your errors and make things into the way you need them to be.
A quick one.

I am not arguing about Judaism.

I am pointing out that Christianity calls only Jesus a sinless person, while it runs down all others as sinful.

That Jesus was the only sinless person, is a ridiculous claim. All messengers of God were sinless people.

Good night.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182294 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what does that leader mean to you? Jesus?
That is the band master or the music director or conductor.
No, David, as it clearly says. Christians and Jews would agree upon that. It's only a Muslim with third grade reasoning skills that would say otherwise.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182295 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hadith stuff again!
Well I would trust the Islamic source that I linked and quoted as being more schooled on Islam than you any day. But go ahead, make up whatever you feel like for yourself. You must be the best and most studied Islamic scholar in the world, even though you demonstrate the reasoning and comprehension skills of a third grader. But all hail BMZ!! LOL!!!

You're actually not that far off from rabbee in some of the things you make up for yourself. And to hear mental midgets such as Jihad Joe praise you, makes you look even worse, and you are even stupid enough to thank him rather than tell him to go away and stop embarrassing you with his praise. But of course, I fully expect that you have no idea of this at all.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182296 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

What is your take on 24:58? Does it tell us the number of prayers per day or does it teach manners to the young ones and servants to respect the privacy of their elders?"
It teaches manners and I only said that it only mentions two times of prayer, which makes me wonder why you ever even mentioned it. I never said the verse tells people how many times to pray, but you have the comprehension skills of a third grader.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182297 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
A quick one.
I am not arguing about Judaism.
I am pointing out that Christianity calls only Jesus a sinless person, while it runs down all others as sinful.
Well that is true. That is what it teaches.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus was the only sinless person, is a ridiculous claim. All messengers of God were sinless people.
Good night.
Well, when it comes to even Moses himself, the greatest prophet of Judaism, that is not what the Jews think and I even gave you very credible links from their own websites that say this. So again, go argue with them, not me. Go be a person with third grade reasoning skills tell them what their scriptures mean. Go tell them why God did not actually allow Moses to lead them into the promised land, and see what you get.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182298 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What Covenant, Shamma?
I don't see God making any Covenant with Jesus in the New Testament.
Could you please tell me what that Covenant was? I don't see anything from God or Jesus about it.
Muslims are not worthy of Gods new Covenant.
Muslims shut them self out of it, and locked them self out of Gods Kingdom.
It serves them right.
Muslim's chose Muhammad over God.
That is the insanity of Muslims.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182299 Jul 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You were given a simple task and all you came out with is nothing.
Go to sleep useless being.
It happens all of the time, and that's not strange at all. The strange part is how he convinces himself that he is doing well. That's the part that simply blows my mind. And he should have known, after repeated warning, that I actually know this issue very well and am actually more studied on these things than he actually is. So much so, that I could have more right to call myself a Muslim than he could, if I didn't think the Quran was a more provable fraud than any other religious scripture that has ever existed. They all might have their questionable aspects, but I have never seen anything that is so clearly and provably a fraud as the Quran. It's child's play to prove that.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#182300 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It happens all of the time, and that's not strange at all. The strange part is how he convinces himself that he is doing well. That's the part that simply blows my mind. And he should have known, after repeated warning, that I actually know this issue very well and am actually more studied on these things than he actually is. So much so, that I could have more right to call myself a Muslim than he could, if I didn't think the Quran was a more provable fraud than any other religious scripture that has ever existed. They all might have their questionable aspects, but I have never seen anything that is so clearly and provably a fraud as the Quran. It's child's play to prove that.
SalaamZ SneekR. L M A O !You are SUCH a GASBAG! LOL!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182301 Jul 8, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ SneekR. L M A O !You are SUCH a GASBAG! LOL!
Thanks for your intelligent contribution as always, Jihad Joe. How is that Ivy League education that you are getting after turning down black Universities like Howard and Georgetown going since you decided that they were not credible enough for you? Has the ivy grown any longer on your outhouse? Have your mopping and sanitation removal skills improved any? How's that white dog bowl that you probably wear on your head doing? Has it managed to trap that Lima Bean brain that you have and prevent it from escaping? Something's better than nothing, right? Better hold onto it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#182302 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What Covenant, Shamma?
I don't see God making any Covenant with Jesus in the New Testament.
Could you please tell me what that Covenant was? I don't see anything from God or Jesus about it.
The covenant was love and belief, nothing more. Christians can't even do that, they bicker amongst themselves. They do not love their enemies as Jesus told them to do, they don't even love those who disagree with them. All Christians disagree, that's why there are so many different denominations and versions of the bible. They all twist and distort the word of God.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182303 Jul 8, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
This is IT. There is no other path to Heaven:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Basically I agree. People who think they are doing God's will are actually doing nothing but there own will to buy themselves a ticket to heaven, and then we pretend we are actually doing God's will rather than our own. Only Jesus did God's will.

Mark 10
17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him.“Good teacher,” he asked,“what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered.“No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments:‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’[d]” 20 “Teacher,” he declared,“all these I have kept since I was a boy.” 21 Jesus looked at him and loved him.“One thing you lack,” he said.“Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 22 At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth. 23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples,“How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

http://www.carnatic.com/karmasaya/index.php...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182304 Jul 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims are not worthy of Gods new Covenant.
Neither is anybody for that matter, and don't forget it. But if you accept Jesus' sacrifice, try not to judge the world and always forgive anybody that has never done you wrong, hopefully mercy will be shown to you. One cannot get to heaven through their good works, but only the grace of God. Even Paul knew that he will never measure up to God's standards. Nobody except for Jesus could or ever will, not even Moses, and that was why only he could truly do God's will and why he was a physical manifestation of God himself because everything he did was not his will, but God's will, and God did his will THROUGH Jesus' physical form so that God could show a tangible physical manifestation of himself in the form of the man Jesus. God didn't come down from heaven, his will did and was carried out in the form of the only perfect human ever.

Christians have a small misunderstanding of the deeper meaning of the Gospels where they say it was God himself. In the respect that I have explained it, yes it was, but this is also how it can be said that Jesus was also the Son of God (virgin birth) and how it could be said that the Father is even greater. It's actually quite simple, but people have been told small misunderstandings of it.
Uk Soldier

Morpeth, UK

#182305 Jul 8, 2013
Shes a very angry and hateful devil...thats who allah is.

Maybe allah subjugates woman in Islam because she herself is insecure?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182306 Jul 8, 2013
Uk Soldier wrote:
Shes a very angry and hateful devil...thats who allah is.
Maybe allah subjugates woman in Islam because she herself is insecure?
You need to ask our resident, self designated, representative of God, Susan Blange herself, who I have not seen in a while. Maybe she decided to go back to counseling. That would be a good thing I suppose. But even though she is supposedly Jewish not Muslim, she claims that God is a woman.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182307 Jul 8, 2013
Mercy is given to a repentant sinner.

Muslims are not worthy and as long as you make excuses for them they will never be worthy of Jesus redemption on the cross.
Rapist, robbers, and murderer's don't deserve mercy.

You are not even a Christian, you are a liberal progressive.
Committing sin does not mean anything to a liberal like you.

You may as well convert to the religion of Islam.
You sure are not caring about Christians being slaughtered by Muslims.

Do me a favor and convert to Muhammad's Muslim religion, that is where you really belong.

You have the character of a Muslim anyway.
You are always trying to control people like a Muslim.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#182308 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to ask our resident, self designated, representative of God, Susan Blange herself, who I have not seen in a while. Maybe she decided to go back to counseling. That would be a good thing I suppose. But even though she is supposedly Jewish not Muslim, she claims that God is a woman.
I'm still here and always have been. I'm also not Jewish, they don't want me and are not interested in eschatology. God most definitely is a woman, that is something I've always known. If Allah is the living God also, then she is a woman but I doubt she's identified as such in the Quran.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#182309 Jul 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still here and always have been. I'm also not Jewish, they don't want me and are not interested in eschatology. God most definitely is a woman, that is something I've always known. If Allah is the living God also, then she is a woman but I doubt she's identified as such in the Quran.
So, your God has menstrual discharges and can get pregnant,(who would do the honors?) which means that your God can also throw a "hissy fit," especially if the moon is right.

Does your God use tamnpons?

Would your God have an elective abortion is her baby-in-utero were deformed?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#182310 Jul 8, 2013
CORRECTION:

Would your God have an elective abortion IF her baby-in-utero were deformed?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#182311 Jul 8, 2013
CORRECTION 2:

Does your God use TAMPONS?
JOEL

India

#182312 Jul 8, 2013
What prevents God from being a woman? If God is a man, does he have armpit hair, testicles, semen, a dick , a deep voice and other pronounced masculine anatomical features.(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
More from around the web