Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,614

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#182255 Jul 8, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
SalaamZ One & All. May this first day of Ramadan find you all in good health and pious service to ALLAH in what ever fashion you deem appropriate.And May HE(ALLAH,most divine,most merciful)Stand between you and harm thru all the days of your fasts. CheerZ & MaXa-S-Salaama
Salaams, Rabbeen

Ramadan-ul-Kareem Mubarak to you and all.

JazakAllah

bmz

Singapore

#182256 Jul 8, 2013
ecpinto wrote:
Muslims try to prove that Jesus isnt God by using the Gospel of Judas, Barnabas and Thomas et al...The Catholic Church is the organization that gave Christians the Bible that we have today. Other Bibles had heretical positions hence could not be accepted as the Word of God that has been revealed. The same thing cannot be said of the Quran which has a long list of abrogations.
Regarding the divinity of Jesus...one thing is to discuss it and the other to see it in reality...God is the only person who can give instant healing.
I challenge any Muslim to take the name of Allah and get INSTANT HEALING
Just do a search on You Tube for Todd White and Pete Cabrera Jr and you will see INSTANT HEALING...
If Instant healing isnt the work of God then I wonder what is.
Muslims can keep on quoting from the Quran till they are blue in the face, the fact is that Allah is non existent
Greetings and welcome, ecpinto

We, the Muslims here, use only the four gospels to show that Jesus was neither the son of God nor God.

And on top of that, we also show that there is no such thing as the Holy Spirit of Christianity besides God Almighty and his obedient and subservient slave Jesus.

When Paul met some disciples, he had asked them if they had received the Holy Spirit when they believed? You can find this out in Acts.

They replied that they had not even heard of the Holy Spirit at all.

Millions of Christians are suffering from horrible diseases and we don't see them healed.

See, if your face has turned blue after reading this. I believe after reading such posts from us, the faces of Christians turn red. lol!

bmz

Singapore

#182257 Jul 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should trademark it.
Good suggestion.

bmz

Singapore

#182258 Jul 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims are without understanding of the New Covenant Jesus established on the cross.
What a filthy place and a wrong time to establish a covenant with a half-dead man!

Couldn't your God think of a better place?

And where can we read about this covenant when the poor chap's throat had gone dry and he was collapsing. The silence at that point is deafening!

bmz

Singapore

#182259 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Because those authors decided to focus on Jesus' actions more than his claims.

There are actually many Gospels besides the canonized ones and each seems to report a different part of Jesus' story, and some don't even report his story at all, but stick strictly to his sayings. The real question isn't so much the Gospels themselves, it is why they decided to canonize some and not others.

For example, why didn't they canonize the Gospel of Thomas which is nothing but sayings of Jesus with no story? So you are kind of barking up the wrong tree with your questions.
The first line of yours is very telling. They focussed more on his actions. Thanks for saying that.

And the men, who wrote nothing and understood nothing, came up with the claims after four centuries of in-fighting, which should not have happened at all from day one that Jesus passed away.
confusious say

Naperville, IL

#182260 Jul 8, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
SalaamZ One & All. May this first day of Ramadan find you all in good health and pious service to ALLAH in what ever fashion you deem appropriate.And May HE(ALLAH,most divine,most merciful)Stand between you and harm thru all the days of your fasts. CheerZ & MaXa-S-Salaama
May a pissed off yakk move his stool on your welcome matt.Shalaam!!!

bmz

Singapore

#182261 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
You know my explanation of the whole matter where Jesus can be claimed to be a physical manifestation of God, and yet also be the Son of god, and yet it can also be claimed that God is greater. You have read it many times and then you pretend as though you have never seen it.
These claims were made long, long after Jesus was gone. All claims were made after the 4th Century.

If I go on the basis of your explanation, then Moses should also be declared a physical manifestation of God.

For Moses, God said this: "Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet."

By the way, all of us are manifestations of God. Even the animals, plants, heavenly bodies, etc., are manifestations of God.

Moses heard God's voice through the burning bush. Can we say that the bush was the physical manifestation of God or should we say that God manifested in the bush?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182262 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very silly response, Seeker.
It means you never understood my point.
Read again:
Descendants of Ishmael were Hebrews and followed their patriarchs and Scriptures, whatever those were.
What were they?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows if Issac, jacob and Joseph had left any Scriptures.
We sure know that Moses did, and many more followed.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember they were also twelve tribes of Ishmael? A line went to Arabia and over centuries, became idolaters, just as the Hebrews became idolaters over centuries. And most would have become Jews, who came from Judah's line.
So, why would you expect Ishmael's descendants to have tons of scriptures, when the Hebrew Scriptures were their Scriptures too?
So why were the descendants of Ishmael completely ignored? We can't find any trace of any scriptures at all with any reference to them, nor do we hear any evidence that they followed Hebrew scriptures at all, but we have TONS of evidence that the Jews followed Hebrew scriptures.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182263 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
These claims were made long, long after Jesus was gone. All claims were made after the 4th Century.
If I go on the basis of your explanation, then Moses should also be declared a physical manifestation of God.
This is now the third time we have done this stupid little circle. Moses was also a sinner and very fallible and I used Jewish sources themselves and verse numbers to prove this to you, and you blatantly ignored it. You are an extremely dishonest and shameful tap dancer.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182264 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that earlier you had claimed that you had raed and studied Qur'aan and no one here was better than you.
I never said nobody here was better than me, but I often have to correct people here, especially you. Now, you made the claim, so you are the one that needs to go through the effort of substantiating that claim, not me. Otherwise your claim is to be rejected as completely unsubstantiated.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182265 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, I am quoting the verses of Qur'aan on prayers and these verses show how the Prophet gave the 5 daily prayers:
11:114 "And be constant in praying at the beginning and the end of the day, as well as during the early watches of the night: for, verily, good deeds drive away evil deeds: this is a reminder to all who bear [God] in mind.
I don't see anything specific about 5 times there at all
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
20:130 "Hence, bear with patience whatever they [who deny the truth] may say, and extol thy Sustainer's limitless glory and praise Him before the rising of the sun and before its setting; and extol His glory, too, during some of the hours of the night as well as during the hours of the day, so that thou might attain to happiness."
That could be three times, four times, six times or even ten times. There is no number given at all.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
17:78 "BE CONSTANT in [thy] prayer from the time when the sun has passed its zenith till the darkness of night, and [be ever mindful of its] recitation at dawn: for, behold, the recitation [of prayer] at dawn is indeed witnessed [by all that is holy]."
And please do not quote 24:58 to show me three times of prayers, which most clueless ignorant fools quote in vain.
24:58 actually only references morning and evening prayers. Still nothing about 5 times per day.

The truth is that the only place where the specific number of 5 times is given is in that ridiculous night journey story that you would rather not talk about, and I can't say that I blame you for not wanting to.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182266 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what is worth in answering your gibberish?
I already posted the following note to you:
"I have already asked Seeker to quote all the verses including their transliteration. And then I will show you what an idiot you are.
Let him post first. Make sure that he does not post anything from Surah 24 because then I would consider him an idiot too."
Once Seeker posts all the verses on prayers, if he has read any, then you will see what a fool you are.
Being stubborn and obtuse doesn't help to lift you up from the shit hole you put yourself in.

bmz

Singapore

#182267 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anything specific about 5 times there at all
<quoted text>
That could be three times, four times, six times or even ten times. There is no number given at all.
<quoted text>
24:58 actually only references morning and evening prayers. Still nothing about 5 times per day.
The truth is that the only place where the specific number of 5 times is given is in that ridiculous night journey story that you would rather not talk about, and I can't say that I blame you for not wanting to.
Read all of them and you will know how the 5 prayers per day came about.

I had already told you and the clown Stefano, not to mention 24:58 at all but you brought it up foolishly.

The topic in 24:58 has nothing to do with prayers. it is talking about teaching members of the household to respect the privacy of elders. Most ignorant fools do not understand 24:58 and tells us it gives the number of prayers.

bmz

Singapore

#182268 Jul 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Being stubborn and obtuse doesn't help to lift you up from the shit hole you put yourself in.
Now that I have quoted the verses, could your dumb highness let me know if you can manage to understand any?

I put folks like you in shit holes, where you and others like you belong.

See, I told Seeker through you also not to quote 24:58 and yet he did that foolishly.

What is your take on 24:58? Does it tell us the number of prayers per day or does it teach manners to the young ones and servants to respect the privacy of their elders?

bmz

Singapore

#182269 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I quoted the verse from the night journey too. That is Surah 17.

See, you could not even register that, Seeker. Here it is once again:

17:78 "BE CONSTANT in [thy] prayer from the time when the sun has passed its zenith till the darkness of night, and [be ever mindful of its] recitation at dawn: for, behold, the recitation [of prayer] at dawn is indeed witnessed [by all that is holy]."

bmz

Singapore

#182270 Jul 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is now the third time we have done this stupid little circle. Moses was also a sinner and very fallible and I used Jewish sources themselves and verse numbers to prove this to you, and you blatantly ignored it. You are an extremely dishonest and shameful tap dancer.
Moses killed a man to save his fellow Hebrew. God forgave him. What sins had Moses committed?

If God had considered Moses a sinner as people think, God would not have chosen to talk to him personally and would not have appointed him for the job.

I cannot accept people's opinions. In order to show Jesus sinless, Christianity and her Church runs down all other prophets and messengers of God as Sinners and this is rubbish. And yet it is proud to accept Paul's junk and stuff that Jesus was created Sin or "was made a Sin for us".

I do not believe that Jesus was a self-loathing sinner as shown by Paul, who himself was a self-loathing sinner.

How did you like my steps? This was no tap dancing.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182271 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Read all of them and you will know how the 5 prayers per day came about.
I did, and it could mean 6 or even 10 times, depending upon how one wants to interpret them.

http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.org/understa...

"After the Prophet Muhammad (s) was commissioned with prophethood in his fortieth year, the first order he was given by Allah was to pray. It is related that the archangel Jibr&#299;l came to him, and a spring of water gushed out from the rocks in front of them. Jibr&#299;l then showed the Prophet how to perform the ablution that is a prerequisite of the ritual prayer in Islam. Jibr&#299;l then showed the Prophet how to offer the ritual prayer to Allah. The Prophet (s) then went home and showed his wife Khad&#299;j&#257; ¯ what the archangel Jibr&#299;l had taught him.

After that, the Messenger of Allah began to pray two cycles (raka¿ts) of ritual prayer twice a day – once in the morning and once in the evening. From that time forward, the Prophet never went through a day without praying. In the ninth year of the Prophet’s mission, he was taken by the archangel Jibr&#299;l on a miraculous journey by night to Jerusalem and, from there, ascended to the heavens and the Divine Presence. During this tremendous journey, Allah commanded the Prophet and his followers to observe the ritual-prayer fifty times a day. Returning from the Divine Presence, Prophet Muhammad (s) met the prophet Moses who said,“Seek a reduction for your people can not carry it.” The Prophet did so and it was granted. After many such dialogues the command was reduced to observe five prayers, which would be the equivalent of the original command to observe fifty. For this reason, Muslims feel a great debt to the Prophet Moses for this intercession on their behalf."

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#182272 Jul 8, 2013
Are you going to be deceived by the "religion of Nimrod?"

www.scribd.com/doc/152453059 ...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182273 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses killed a man to save his fellow Hebrew. God forgave him. What sins had Moses committed?
This is from the Jewish Theological Seminary. Now go argue with them.
http://www.jtsa.edu/Conservative_Judaism/JTS_...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182274 Jul 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted the verse from the night journey too. That is Surah 17.
See, you could not even register that, Seeker. Here it is once again:
What does be constant mean? How many times does that mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web