Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182167 Jul 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually only bothering you right now, and for very good reason. It's about time that somebody ask you to stand up and speak clearly and back what you say up, or just shut up. You are nothing but a babbling annoyance that even plays little tricks to never directly face proper questions.
rabbee: now that is an obvious lie, since it appears i am TheOne bothering you. why don't you take that prayer to G-D, and have THEM Speak clearly to you or shut up? and yes i know that everyone who disagrees with you, is a babbling annoyance.

and demands are not, actually questions. they are just dictatorial arrogant statements, with an improper, inept, and inadequate punctuation mark. as you seem to be, humility challenged.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182168 Jul 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: which part of the word no! are you having difficulty with?
I didn't even read the rest of your post. I'm tired of giving a silly lunatic more attention than he deserves. I'm sure it was filled with nothing but more excuses for not simply quoting verses. That's all that I have to say to you.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#182169 Jul 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are ignorant of were you and why you pray 5 times a day.
Muhammad copied from other religions.
W. St. Clair-Tisdall (W.St. Clair Tisdal, The Sources of Islam, The Orgins of the Koran, pp.236-237) writes that the Sabeans inhabited Syria. They were the followers of Seth and Idris.
Sabeans fasted for 30 days from night to sunrise, observed Eid and prayed for the dead without prostration. Muhammad simply copied their system of fasting (only change made was fasting from dawn to dusk) and retained the celebration of Eid and the prayer for the dead in exactly the same fashion as the Sabeans.
Thus the rules on fasting as prescribed in verses 2:183-187 were actually adapted from the Holy Scriptures of the Sabeans. In fact, the Qur'an confirms itself that the system of fasting was a copy-cat from other faith, but remaining coy about which religious scripture Muhammad copied from.
Here is verse 2:183 that says that the Islamic system of fasting is the mimicry of the other faith (Sabeans, of course):
2.183 O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint
The Sabeans possessed a book called 'Pages of Seth'. They observed 7 prayers a day, 5 of which were at the same hours as chosen by Muhammad.
They also venerated Ka'ba. Muhammad, most likely, learned about the Holy Scripture of the Sabeans from Bahira, the monk and from Salman, the Persian, because both of them had spent a considerable amount of time in Syria and were well aware about the sources, rituals and the religious doctrine of the Sabeans. Muhammad simply incorporated those in the Qur'an - passing them as Allah's dictum.
On the Sabeans, the Dictionary of Islam (Hughes Dictionary of Islam, p.551) writes that they worshipped the stars secretly but openly professed to be Christians.
Others say that they were of the religion of Sabi, the son of Seth, the son of Adam. Some say they were of the religion of Noah. Their Qiblah was towards the south, from whence the wind blows.
No doubt, after learning about the Sabeans, Muhammad was profoundly impressed by their religion and hastened to incorporate some of their rituals in Islam. He regarded them as the true believers of Allah. In fact, the Dictionary Islam (ibid) writes that the Arabs used to call Muhammad as Sabi-he who has departed from the religion of the Quraysh. The Qur'an mentions them 3 times in the following verses:
2.62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures)[Hadoo], and the Christians [Nasara] and the Sabians [Sabi'een],- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
5.69 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures)[Hadoo], and the Sabians [Sabi'oon]and the Christians [Nasara],- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
22.17 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures)[Hadoo], and the Sabians [Sabi'een], Christians [Nasara], Magians [Majoos], and Polytheists [Ashrakoo],- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.
Note: that those verses also contain the the Christians and the Magians (Zoroastrians).
There was angel Gabriel revelations.
Muhammad lied.
No comments:

You were judged 6 times Nuts, 6 times Funny (Idiotic) and four times Clueless.

Jesus was baptized by a Sabi.
bmz

Location hidden

#182170 Jul 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You just posted an example of the arrogance of Muslims.
When I post to you, I post the facts and you hide in the junk pile, and run an hide.
Muslims don't want to hear the truth about their prophet Muhammad.
because Muslims are insane like their prophet Muhammad.
Muslims live in a fantasy world of make believe.
They are thugs and murderer's like their prophet Muhammad.
That is the reality of how Muslims live by, and yet deny that they kill innocent people who don't follow their tyranny rules.
Muslims are evilly insane people.
Have you done the assignment or not?

http://wisesloth.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/10-...

Shall we start to discuss teh reasons given by the Westerner, who is fed up of Christian?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182171 Jul 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: now that is an obvious lie, since it appears i am TheOne bothering you.
You don't bother me at all as long as I don't give you one shred of attention that you do not deserve. Again, I did not even bother to read the rest of your post. Get it? If you want to start posting verses, perhaps I might reconsider.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182172 Jul 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so you think that your proving, that you are a liar and idolater of other g-d's, makes you a good christian? when that is the mark, of the anti-messiah and false prophet.
You are a loser rabbee.
You are on the wrong side of history.
bmz

Location hidden

#182173 Jul 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
JESUS AND THE COMFORTER
http://www.answering-islam.org/Gilchrist/muha...
Excerpt:
"And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, to be with you for ever, even the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you".
John 14.16-17.
"But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you".
John 14.26
"But when the Comforter comes, whom I shall send you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me".
John 15.26
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you".
John 16.7
It is generally alleged by Muslims that the Greek word "paracletos" (meaning Comforter, Counsellor, Advocate, etc., in effect, one who unites men to God) is not the original word but that Jesus in fact foretold the coming of Muhammad by name and that the translation of his name into Greek (or at least the meaning of his name in Greek) is "periklutos", that is, the "praised one".
There is not a shred of evidence in favour of the assertion that the original word was "periklutos". We have thousands of New Testament manuscripts pre-dating Islam and not one of these contains the word "periklutos". In view of the fact that Muslims are prone to levelling false allegations that Christians are regularly changing the Bible, it is rather intriguing to find that they have no scruples about doing this themselves when it suits them to do so. In any event a cursory reading of the texts where the word "paracletos" appears will show that this is the only word that suits the context as I will show in one instance later on in this chapter.
Some wiser Muslims admit that "paracletos" is correct, but they claim in any event that Muhammad was the Comforter whom Jesus was referring to.
El Cid,

Who was the first Comforter, for whom the replacement 'the other Comforter' was sent?

And what happened to the first?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182174 Jul 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even read the rest of your post. I'm tired of giving a silly lunatic more attention than he deserves. I'm sure it was filled with nothing but more excuses for not simply quoting verses. That's all that I have to say to you.
rabbee: yes i know you don't read my posts, other wise you would have already seen my giving first hand translations from out of TheTorah. and that you only think, i am yours to command. when it become obvious on this message thread, you think you are a g-d.
bmz

Location hidden

#182175 Jul 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand this scripture to be a true or false teaching from God?
False like the tales in the New Testament.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182176 Jul 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No comments:
All of those judgments are nothing but silly attempts where Muslims think that if they can make a post look unpopular, then the information inside of it must be wrong. It's all part of the retarded, "popularity = truth" mentality of Muslims. So should we have a post judgement war where everybody races to each new post and judges it strictly based on who's side they are on before the other side places their judgement? It's stupid and ridiculous and I never pay one shred of attention to any of it. If someone wants to judge a post, then let them come out and post themselves and clearly outline the reasons for their judgement. Otherwise it is to be completely ignored as nothing but mindless nonsense and a "team" or "us verses them" mentality.
bmz

Location hidden

#182177 Jul 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the amount of posts you post in this and other forums I guess you meant you pray five times per year.
Going by your understanding that would be five times in five years.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182178 Jul 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes i know
What? Was that a verse?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182179 Jul 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't bother me at all as long as I don't give you one shred of attention that you do not deserve. Again, I did not even bother to read the rest of your post. Get it? If you want to start posting verses, perhaps I might reconsider.
rabbee: and by now your arrogant attitude, should know why i do not give anything to swine. for even when you pretend to read, you still refuse the understanding it part. and this same lack of attention, is how you pay G-D. since neither you or shamma, ever heard of Adam or adam in TheTorah. so if you are not really paying attention to G-D, then who are you actually paying attention to?
bmz

Location hidden

#182180 Jul 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
It came from Muhammad's night journey story, and it is specifically mentioned. There is nothing specific about 5 times per day in the Quran. Now, do you believe that Moses really was able to keep correcting what Allah said and use Muhammad to do this as if he knew what the people could bear more than Allah?

The Sunnah comes from the hadiths. It is deemed only specific parts of the hadiths, but both came from merely people's memories of what Muhammad said and did. Same source for both. Oral transmission of what Muhammad said and did.
http://sunnah.com/

No, but both came from the same sources, and praying 5 times per day came from that ridiculous night journey story, not the Quran. And Bukhari did not collect the hadiths 300-400 years after Muhammad, it was more like a little under 200 years, so stop fudging the time span.
Either you have have been badly misinformed by ignorant fools or you have really not read Qur'aan well. The five times for prayers were based on the verses of Qur'aan. 

Your statement that "The Sunnah comes from the hadiths." is ridiculous and shows you know nothing and you do not even know what is Sunnah and how it was transmitted.

Hadith came a few centuries later. So, how did people learn about Sunnah before a book of Hadith appeared in the market?

Only ignorant fools will say that Sunnah comes from Hadiths.

Location hidden

#182181 Jul 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No comments:
The Muslim sense of rational reasoning is non-existence.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182182 Jul 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and by now your arrogant attitude,
What? Was that a verse? Nope. I don't care about your stupid opinions coming from your lunatic mind and I'm not doing any more crazy logic circles with you. Game's up. Now if you want to make a claim and then use verses to back it up, I'm all ears.

Location hidden

#182183 Jul 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and by now your arrogant attitude, should know why i do not give anything to swine. for even when you pretend to read, you still refuse the understanding it part. and this same lack of attention, is how you pay G-D. since neither you or shamma, ever heard of Adam or adam in TheTorah. so if you are not really paying attention to G-D, then who are you actually paying attention to?
The Adam you speak of is not in The Torah rabbee.
You are a loser rabbee.
bmz

Location hidden

#182184 Jul 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?"

And he said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of, for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." And they went to another village." Luke 10:51-56

Yes, the disciples were men of low grade and mean. They should not have said that. Truly, truly, I say to you that you are like his mean disciples.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#182185 Jul 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a loser rabbee.
You are on the wrong side of history.
rabbee: yes the devil thinks i am on the wrong side of the history of alleged as men, who all reject TheHistory from G-D. as you have already illustrated, you reject G-D'S History Books for your very own version of someone else's history given to you.

as you only declare that TheTorah is not the forever past, the forever present, and the forever future History from G-D to this world rejecting it all from G-D. and that the actual Word of G-D, means absolutely nothing to you. cause your own personal version of history, is greater than G-D'S.

and your not actually on, G-D'S TheHistory Side.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182186 Jul 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you have have been badly misinformed by ignorant fools or you have really not read Qur'aan well. The five times for prayers were based on the verses of Qur'aan.
Great, then show me the verses and lets take a look at them. And I will be even more fair than either you or Phallics have ever been. I will allow you to try to piece things together from multiple verses, rather than ask that the Quran say exact words that I demand that it say like you do with the NT. I could be like you and Phallics and demand where the Quran says the exact words, "you must pray 5 times per day", but I'm not like you two and am much more fair and open minded.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement that "The Sunnah comes from the hadiths."
I also said they both come from the same source which is oral transmission. The Hadiths are merely an expansion of the Sunnah where more oral transmissions were gathered and finally put into book form. The Hadiths contain elements of the Sunnah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web