Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256309 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#181859 Jul 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief! Never expected this kind of wishful thinking.

Whatever is happening in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, only one country is responsible and that is the United States of America.

Did you hear of Muslims killing each other in Iraq, prior to the invasion of Iraq under lies and deceit by the US?

Don't talk about Saddam killing his people!

We are talking about mutual killing, which resulted from the shameful invasion of Iraq, when people were pitted against each other.

The US opened Pandora's Box, so learn to live with it. It is all political.
So Shias do not kill Sunnies, right?

You are so wrong it is embarrassing!!!

90% of Muslim killings are themselves killing each other in the name of the moon-god Allah.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#181860 Jul 3, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>So Shias do not kill Sunnies, right?

90% of Muslim killings are themselves killing each other in the name of the moon-god Allah.

Absolutely NOTHING to do with America!!

Muslims bright killing each other long before 1776!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#181861 Jul 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I know.
The verses are self-explanatory. However, you could not get the message and the lesson imparted through the verses.
And you went straight to some unheard story, which you must have gotten from some anti-Islam site, such as Wikiislam of the megalomanic ignorant fool Ali Sina's FFI or some answeringislam service.
Cheating? What cheating? The prophet lived openly with all his wives and the slave girl Maria in the chambers within the same premises. Everyone knew that. The wives knew each other.
Who sent the slave girl Maria to the prophet? A Christian Copt leader. The prophet married Maria and she became his wife. The entire neighbourhood knew that.
How come you missed the honey tales, which comes from the Fools' Wikipedia? Here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Striver/Had...
The Prophet also did not tell his companions who were the two ladies. Allah does not backbite by naming any lady in Qur'aan. The only lady, who has been mentioned by name in Qur'aan IS our dearest mother Mary, who receives lost of praise by Allah, the LORD Almighty.
The message in those verses is educational.
Those scriptures are self explanatory.
Muhammad was sex maniac.
God would never say such trash.

Location hidden

#181863 Jul 3, 2013
Jesus is God.
The Jews wanted to stone Jesus because he ‘being a man’, claimed he was God (John 10:33). Jesus doesn’t dispute that he is a man, and both he and the Jews are talking about God as a third party. He says he is the Son of this God, they say that’s blasphemy. Jesus has just said,‘I and the Father are one’(in John 10:30). But he doesn’t say ‘I am the Father.’

The Father is in the Son, and the Son is in the Father (John 10:38), but they relate to each other - they are not ‘the same’. John 1:1 says,‘The Word was with God’(distinction),‘and the Word was God’. We can’t say,‘The Son is the Father’, but we can say ‘the Son and the Father are One’. They are not one Son, or one Father, but One God. They relate to each other by the Holy Spirit.

They relate eternally and perfectly - they are always relating, and are never separate. The three ‘persons’ of the Trinity (the ‘threeness’) are not separate. But they are always Father, Son and Spirit, because they are always relating as the Father, the Son and the Spirit. So although the three persons are not separate, they are distinct. They are not ‘the same’.

They never act separately - For example, God is active in creation, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(For references, see:
Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 32:6 and Malachi 2:10 for the Father;
Colossians 1:15-17 or Psalm 33:6 for the Son (or the Word);
and Psalm 33:6 or Psalm 104:30 for the Holy Spirit.)
But they act distinctly. For instance when the Son becomes a man, in the ‘incarnation’, the Father sends the Son in the power of the Spirit. The Son is incarnate, the Father isn’t, the Spirit isn’t. But we can still say ‘God is incarnate’.

Plus, we never see/hear/interact with one separately - you’re relating to them all. When you have God’s Holy Spirit living in you, he is the Spirit of the Father and the Son (‘God’ and ‘Christ’ in the words that Romans 8:9 uses), so the Father and the Son live in you (John 14:23). Jesus Christ, God the Son, is in you by His Spirit, and God the Father is in you by His Spirit. The same Spirit, but again, Jesus is not the Father.

By the way, that was why the Old Testament prophets could say “The LORD says”: because God lived in them and spoke through them. It means we can trust their words, and Jesus’ words - in fact the whole message of the Bible - as being the word of God, not just of human beings (see 1 Thessalonians 2:13).

Location hidden

#181864 Jul 3, 2013
1 Thessalonians 2:13

New King James Version (NKJV)

Their Conversion

13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe

Location hidden

#181865 Jul 3, 2013
Christianity and Islam:
A Side by Side Comparison*

* It is not the purpose of this site to promote any particular religion, including Christianity.
However, we do enjoy refuting nonsense, such as the claim that Muhammad
and Jesus preached a morally equivalent message or that all religion is the same.

Muslims are insane to believe Muhammad was prophet.
The Muslim God acts like the devil himself.
"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who
disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads
and strike off every fingertip of them."
"Allah" (Qur'an 8:12)

"Fight everyone in the way of Allah and
kill those who disbelieve in Allah."
Muhammad (Ibn Ishaq 992)

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."
Jesus (Matthew 5:14)

Even though many Muslims regard terrorists who kill in the name of Allah as criminals, they cannot deny that Muhammad also killed in the name of Allah. What example of Jesus do Christians emulate which has them confused them with terrorists and criminals?

Each year, thousands of Christian homes and churches are torched or bombed by Muslim mobs, and hundreds of Christians, including dozens of priests, pastors, nuns and other church workers are murdered at the hands of Islamic extremists. The so-called justification varies, from charges of apostasy or evangelism, to purported "blasphemy" or "insulting" Islam. Innocent people have even been hacked to death by devout Muslims over cartoons.

Yet, there is little if any violent retaliation from religious Christians to the discrimination, kidnapping, rape, torture, mutilation and murder that is routinely reported from nations with Muslim majorities. Neither is there is any significant deadly terrorism in the name of Jesus, as there is in the stated cause of Allah each and every day. Muslim clerics in the West do not fear for their safety as do their Christian counterparts.

The "Christian world" and the Islamic world contrast sharply in other ways as well, from the disparate condition of human rights and civil liberties to economic status. An astonishing 70% of the world's refugees are Muslims - usually seeking to live in Christian-based countries.

While Western societies take seriously "scandals" such as Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo (where no one has actually been killed), Muslims routinely turn a blind eye to their own horrible atrocities, even those committed explicitly in the name of Allah. The Muslim world has yet to offer a single apology for the tens of millions of lives consumed by centuries of relentless Jihad and slavery.

Location hidden

#181866 Jul 3, 2013
Differences Between Muhammad and Jesus

Muhammad...
Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam.
(Qur'an 30:45, 3:32, 22:38)

Jesus:
Said God loves everyone.
(John 3:16)

Muhammad:
"I have been commanded to fight
against people till they testify that there
is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad
is the messenger of Allah"
(Muslim 1:33)

Jesus Said:
"He who lives by the sword
will die by the sword."
(Matthew 26:52)

Muhammad:
Stoned women for adultery.
(Muslim 4206)

Jesus
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
(John 8:7)

Muhammad:
Permitted stealing from unbelievers.
(Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)

Jesus Said:
"Thou shalt not steal."
(Matthew 19:18)

Muhammads:
Permitted lying.
(Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)

Jesus Said:
"Thou shalt not bear false witness."
(Matthew 19:18)

Muhammad:
Owned and traded slaves.
(Sahih Muslim 3901) Neither owned nor traded slaves.

Beheaded 800 Jewish men and boys.
(Sahih Muslim 4390)

Murdered those who insulted him.
(Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)

Jesus:
Preached forgiveness.
(Matthew 18:21-22, 5:38)

Muhammad:
"If then anyone transgresses
the prohibition against you,
Transgress ye likewise against him"
(Qur'an 2:194)

Jesus Said:
"If someone strikes you on the right
cheek, turn to him the other also."
(Matthew 5:39)

Muhammad:
Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold.
(Muslim 4645)

Jesus Said:
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they will be called Sons of God"
(Matthew 5:9)

Muhammad:
Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves.

(Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50) Was celibate.
Slept with a 9-year-old child.
(Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)

Ordered the murder of women.
(Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)

Jesus:
Never harmed a woman.

Muhammad:
"O you who believe! Fight those of the
unbelievers who are near to you
and let them find in you hardness."
(Qur'an 9:123)

Jesus:
"Blessed are the meek, for
they shall inherit the earth."
(Matthew 5:5)

MuhammaD:
Ordered 65 military campaigns
and raids in his last 10 years.
(Ibn Ishaq )

jESUS:
Ordered no military campaigns, nor
offered any approval of war or violence.

mUHAMMAD:
Killed captives taken in battle.
(Ibn Ishaq 451)

JESUS
Never took captives.
Never killed anyone.

Muhammad:
Encouraged his men to rape enslaved women.
(Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)

Jesus:
Never encouraged rape.
Never enslaved women.

Muhammad:
Demanded captured slaves and
a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)

Jesus:
"The Son of Man came not
to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)

Muhammad:
Was never tortured, but tortured others.
(Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)

Jesus:
Suffered torture, but never tortured anyone.

Muhammad:
"And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah"
(Qur'an 8:39)

Jesus:
"Love your enemies and pray
for those who persecute you"
(Matthew 5:44)

Nuhammad:
Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man
(al-Tabari 1440)

Jesus:
Healed a blind man
(Mark 8:28)

Muhammad:
Ordered a slave to build the very pulpit
from which he preached Islam.
(Bukhari 47:743)

Jesus:
Washed his disciples feet.
(John 13:5)

<Muhammad:
What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause"
(Muslim 1:149)

Jesus:
What are the Greatest Commandments?
"Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 22:34-40)

Muhammad:
Muha,,ad:
Demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship
(Qur'an 4:102)

Jesus:
Chastised anyone attempting
to defend him with force.
(John 18:10-12)

Muhammad:
Died fat and wealthy from what was
taken from others in war or
demanded from others in tribute.

Muhammad:
Advocated crucifying others.
(Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)

Jesus:
Was crucified himself.

Muhammad:
According to his followers:
Had others give their lives for him.
(Sahih Muslim 4413)

Jesus:
Gave his life for others.
(John 18:11 and elsewhere)
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181867 Jul 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All prophets and messengers of God did whatever God willed. They did not deviate.
Yes they did oh mighty genius. For example, Moses was actually a very reluctant prophet. Read about it. And I would like to bring the Satanic Verses up spoken by Muhammad, but he wasn't even a prophet anyway.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181868 Jul 4, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely NOTHING to do with America!!
Muslims bright killing each other long before 1776!!!
But, but, but, see it HAS to be America's fault, and if not, then it's the joooz fault. It HAS to be.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181869 Jul 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So would you follow the two conditions before we start discussion?
What did this mean to you when you read it the first time?

"Sure, no problem. I never make any demands of the other person before a discussion can be had, but if you feel the need to do so, so be it."

What does "sure no problem" and "so be it" mean to you? This is already not looking very good.

Here, let me be completely explicit for you. I will follow your two very unnecessary conditions. Now after all of the ceremonious hype and intros, can we please just get to the discussion itself? Thank you.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#181870 Jul 4, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ E.C. The prophet & messenger of ALLAH had many enemies who lied and distorted his very words and deeds. " Who so ever intentionally ascribes to me what I have not said (or done),then let him occupy his place in hells fires!" thus spake the holy messenger Muhammad(pbuh).sourced from the 40 Nawawi. CheerZ
Hey 19,

The problem with your exculpatory theory is that you can't prove that Bukhari and Muslim, for example, "lied and distorted his (Mohammad's) very words and deeds."

BukhariV1B7N1331 "The Prophet said,'I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me. 1. Allah made me victorious by awe by His terrorizing my enemies. 2. The earth has been made for me. 3. Booty has been made lawful for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me. 4. I have been given the right of intercession. 5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.'"

Muslim:C9B1N31 "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought."

Bukhari:V9B84N59 "Whoever says this will save his property and life from me.'"

You see, I'm not making it up to smear the man's reputation when I call Mohammad a thin-skinned megalomaniac, a thief and a murderer. I'm simply recognizing and quoting authoritative MUSLIM sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahih_al-Bukhari

Sahih al-Bukhari is one of the Kutub al-Sittah (six major hadiths) of Sunni Islam. These prophetic traditions, or hadith, were collected by the Persian Muslim scholar Muhammad al-Bukhari, after being transmitted orally for generations. Sunni Muslims view this as one of the three most trusted collections of hadith along with Sahih Muslim and Muwatta Imam Malik. In some circles, it is considered the most authentic book after the Quran. The Arabic word sahih translates as authentic or correct.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#181871 Jul 4, 2013
uhuh wrote:
The prophets who submitted (aslamu) judged the Jews by the Torah, and so too did the rabbis and the learned.
And let the people of Injil judge by what God has revealed in it.
For each of you We have made a Law and a Way of life.(Quran 5:44-48)
interesting
Abrogated

Qur'an 4:114 "He who disobeys the Apostle after guidance has been revealed will burn in Hell."

That would mean Jews and Christians.

interesting
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#181872 Jul 4, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why don't you quit making a complete azzhole of yourself?
Love you, Rabbee

You always interject beautifully well at the most appropriate time. Thanks
bmz

Location hidden

#181873 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
It's so funny that whenever someone brings up potential errors in the Bile, suddenly Muslims can all of the sudden practice logic and try to be all logical, but whenever ever anybody brings up clear errors with Islam, their minds just shut off and they go into some sort of bizarre, hypnotic trance that allows them to not see the error. That's a classic sign of what is called "brainwashing".

And then, when they don't have an answer, they don't try to defend Islam itself, they instead try to attack Christianity as if that is going to help the problems in Islam. I've said this many times, it's always the logical flaw that says if you have a hole in your own boat, you think that you can fix it by trying to poke a hole in another boat, while in the meantime your boat itself will keep sinking. It's crazy, but it's actually true, and it's absolutely illogical and amazing.
Not true, Seeker.

Every time Christians open their mouth, they poke another hole in their already-perforated boat.
bmz

Location hidden

#181874 Jul 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
God reigns Supreme...
Corrected your spelling.

Which one?
bmz

Location hidden

#181875 Jul 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then laugh at this bright boy.
Sahih Al-Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dharr:
The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah:‘And the sun Runs its fixed course for a term (decreed). That is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing.’" (36.38)
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 520:
Narrated Abu Dharr:
I entered the mosque while Allah's Apostle was sitting there. When the sun had set, the Prophet said, "O Abu Dharr! Do you know where this (sun) goes?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "It goes and asks permission to prostrate, and it is allowed, and (one day) it, as if being ordered to return whence it came, then it will rise from the west." Then the Prophet recited, "That:‘And the sun runs on its fixed course (for a term decreed)," (36.38) as it is recited by ‘Abdullah.
Sahih Muslim
Book 001, Number 0297:
It is narrated on the authority of Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) one day said: Do you know where the sun goes? They replied: Allah and His Apostle know best. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Verily it (the sun) glides till it reaches its resting place under the Throne. Then it falls prostrate and remains there until it is asked: Rise up and go to the place whence you came, and it goes back and continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the Throne and falls prostrate and remains in that state until it is asked: Rise up and return to the place whence you came, and it returns and emerges out from it rising place and the it glides (in such a normal way) that the people do not discern anything (unusual in it) till it reaches its resting place under the Throne. Then it would be said to it: Rise up and emerge out from the place of your setting, and it will rise from the place of its setting. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said. Do you know when it would happen? It would happen at the time when faith will not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from the faith.
Is it at all possible that you have studied modern science to realize that the earth spins in front of the sun rather than the sun doing a daily orbit around the earth like 7th century Arabs used to think? The only proper answer as to where the sun goes at night is "NOWHERE". The earth spins away from it, depending on where you are at on the earth. Do the math and draw the proper conclusions. How is a reversal in the sun's course supposed to make it rise in the west? Why doesn't it say that the earth's spin will reverse? And that isn't even supposed to be Muhammad's own perception, he represents it as a prophecy. Now let's see the "deer in the headlights" look while you pretend you never even saw this. This is clearly a 7th century man with 7th century knowledge clearly talking nothing but sh!t.

So go ahead and ignore it like you always do.
Yes, it is laughable because it is a tale narrated by someone. Qur'aan, the Scripture does not say anything of that sort.

While you enjoy and laugh at the Hadith, I am laughing at this:

"New International Version (©2011)

The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."

Why does it hurry?

Cheers
bmz

Location hidden

#181876 Jul 4, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Muslims are killing Muslims.

You were supposed to answer the question: " Did you hear of Muslims killing each other in Iraq, prior to the invasion of Iraq under lies and deceit by the US?

Why did you not answer the question? And instead went on to Shia-Sunni killings, which is the result of the US invasion of Iraq under true and blatant lies?

I am perfectly fine with Muslims killing each other as long as foreigners do not kill them.
bmz

Location hidden

#181877 Jul 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Those scriptures are self explanatory.
Muhammad was sex maniac.
God would never say such trash.
No.

The Holy Spirit was a sex maniac.

The maniac made a poor innocent prepubescent little girl pregnant and ran away, never to be seen again.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181878 Jul 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, Seeker.
Every time Christians open their mouth, they poke another hole in their already-perforated boat.
I haven't. You haven't been able to intellectually refute anything that I say. All you can say is that I'm wrong, but every time you go to explain why, your explanation falls apart, and then you pretend as though the conversation never happened. You do that all of the time.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181879 Jul 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
The Holy Spirit was a sex maniac.
The maniac made a poor innocent prepubescent little girl pregnant and ran away, never to be seen again.
You just trashed Allah as well because that's what Allah was supposed to have done. And she was supposed to be 13, unlike little Aisha. It amazes me to hear you even want to talk about subjects like this when Muhammad had 18 wives, and 16 slave girls and even cheated on his wives because 18 wives weren't enough for him. That's what the beginning of Sura 66 was about. And, Muhammad told his men not to bother pulling out early when they were having sex with their captured booty sex slaves so that they don't get pregnant. They had more of a conscience than Muhammad did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun 24 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web