Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253437 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181502 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Muhammad was Sinless. He did not commit any sin.
I always wondered who was the fool that said that raping, stealing, killing, lying etc are sins?!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#181503 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
First, we heard of ridiculous and absurd doctrines of the filthy doctrine of sin, doctrine of absurd oneness of God and the most foul doctrine of trinity and now the doctrine of 'Son of God'?
That is bull shit, Shamma.
There is No son of God. As far as Psalm 2 of the Christians' OT is concerned, the translation is a forgery. "Kiss the Son" is ridiculously placed in Psalm 2.
It is God admonishing the kings and rulers to behave well.
Please do Not lie. We are Muslims.
Yes you are Muslims.
And I am a Christian.
According to Muhammad's teaching Allah is causing the rulers of the world to do evil things and inflict death, pain, and suffering on the people, and causing Muslims to murder people all over the world.
Allah knows best, so the Muslim saying goes.
Redneck Reb

United States

#181504 Jun 30, 2013
Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Reb: O Pharisee, Learned Man, Man of the Scripture, Ye should have known!!! When Jesus came riding in on Palm Sunday. THE PEOPLE KNEW!!! But the Pharisee's MISSED it, Perhaps Nicodemus Knew, but the EGO'ed OUT Pharisees would not accept Him.
....So Now, Because you are still waiting. You are Primed to accept the AntiChrist!

For Your Own Good, Believe it!
Redneck Reb

United States

#181505 Jun 30, 2013
Yes, that is Correct When we Think of 9/11 Let us remember that they were all Muslim and the Evil that they did.
Let us remember what Jesus said, " Ye shall know them by the Fruit they Bear"
A good man will do good things. and an evil man will do evil.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#181506 Jun 30, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I always wondered who was the fool that said that raping, stealing, killing, lying etc are sins?!
Yahweh or Jehovah, the God without vowels and the Father of Jesus.

Not the father, fool.
bmz

Singapore

#181507 Jun 30, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reasons I thought Jesus was gifted with knowledge since childhood by god...
That is correct. Still, he was not schooled. If he had gone to school, only then one can say he was schooled.

Jesus was definitely unschooled.
bmz

Singapore

#181508 Jun 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you are Muslims.
And I am a Christian.
According to Muhammad's teaching Allah is causing the rulers of the world to do evil things and inflict death, pain, and suffering on the people, and causing Muslims to murder people all over the world.
Allah knows best, so the Muslim saying goes.
You are an off-topic Christian. Off-topic just like the men, who wrote the gospels.

I wrote this:

First, we heard of ridiculous and absurd doctrines of the filthy doctrine of sin, doctrine of absurd oneness of God and the most foul doctrine of trinity and now the doctrine of 'Son of God'?

That is bull shit, Shamma.

There is No son of God. As far as Psalm 2 of the Christians' OT is concerned, the translation is a forgery.

"Kiss the Son" is ridiculously placed in Psalm 2.

It is God admonishing the kings and rulers to behave well.

Please do Not lie. We are Muslims.
bmz

Singapore

#181509 Jun 30, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
No one has ever ridden an ass and her colt at the same time.

The men, who penned the Christians' Old Testament, were notoriously famous for absurd and foolish translations and the above is a good example of that.

The correct translation is: Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion, shout, O daughter of Jerusalem; behold, thy king cometh unto thee, he is triumphant, and victorious, lowly, and riding upon an ass, even upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Location hidden

#181510 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the father, fool.
Yes, blame Yahweh, Jehovah, and I guess other gods, prophets as well that have made sins stealing, lying, raping and killing. If it wasn't for them, Muhammad would have been the sinless one.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181511 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Yeshooah Adam in there. There is only Adam. This is what Satan does. When he is asked to prove anything, he continually avoids the request for proof. You are distorting God's scriptures and if you think I am wrong, then prove me wrong. But you simply cannot. You are a false prophet. I'm speaking in your language now. And I claim the same things about myself that you do. Anybody can. God told me to come here and expose you for what you really are. That is the purpose that God gave me for coming on here, just like you claim that G-d told you to come on here. I am going to use your own language and show you the mirror.
rabbee: you can pester G-D, all you want but the answer does not change. but you do not have sufficient background in TheTorah, to even have a true discussion with.

as you have already demonstrated, your inability to decipher even YHVH. the only thing, all this worlds counterfeit version of TheTorah is good for is deceit. and i do not change horses, in the middle of the stream as hasatan does. for The Word of G-D, is not about picking and choosing what you, or anyone else wants to be true.

with a true foundation, in The-Actual Torah. you have no idea how badly, you have all been lied to. for you have no real way, to compare your story of jesus with adam. for you, to see even the exact overlay similarities.

there is no point in my translating anything, without you having a real foundation in The Original Torah Scroll. do not want you to trust, in the words and versions of other alleged as men. it is too important to trust, any one in this untrustworthy alleged as men. as vanity shall not even, get any of you out of hell today.

for G-D is not influenced, by the demands of any one not here in TheTorah. any more than G-D, is not influenced by the demands of anyone here in TheTorah. you have disobeyed, the instructions given to you. there is no point in giving you any more, unless you do comply. if you wish to be blind and deaf to TheHIS Instruction, then so shall you discover G-D, being just as blind and deaf to you. when you stated the tap dance, i just refused to be entertained by it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#181512 Jun 30, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Reb: O Pharisee, Learned Man, Man of the Scripture, Ye should have known!!! When Jesus came riding in on Palm Sunday. THE PEOPLE KNEW!!! But the Pharisee's MISSED it, Perhaps Nicodemus Knew, but the EGO'ed OUT Pharisees would not accept Him.
....So Now, Because you are still waiting. You are Primed to accept the AntiChrist!
For Your Own Good, Believe it!
"...thy KING cometh unto thee...". Jesus was not accepted by the Jews as their King. The only reason Jesus rode the donkey was to try to fulfill this scripture. Instead of becoming King, he was killed.

Location hidden

#181513 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct. Still, he was not schooled. If he had gone to school, only then one can say he was schooled.
But isn't school a place where people learn things? In the case of the Nazarene he was schooled by god. Apparently why we need years to know many things, his god was able to give all the knowledge possible one a fraction of second. He was never a student but always a teacher.

Besides your sentence of before you put in contraposition Yeshua and Jake sounds like one is ignorant while the other is educated. The using you made of the word unschooled you made is as synonymous of the word ignorant You even added that people need educated Messiah.

As a Muslim you are the most blasphemous.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181514 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the father, fool.
rabbee: YHVH, is neither pronounced yahweh or Jehovah. and by the way, the letter w is from the german, pronounced as a phonetic v. and the translation for YHVH from eevreet to German is: Erlösung ist er und Sie.
Redneck Reb

United States

#181515 Jun 30, 2013
When the Sun comes up in the Morning, does it have to say to You....Hey, Here I am, I am the Sun? No,....Neither did Jesus have to say "I am the Son of God" Because it was self evident to the People Who he was.... The Masses followed him! They were telling him who he was, as Peter did. And when Peter raised Tabitha from the Dead by the Holy Spirit, the Gospel spread like Wild Fire throughout the region!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#181516 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
Consider this, Scholar,

Luke 4:16 And he (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

Singapore

#181517 Jun 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider this, Scholar,
Luke 4:16 And he (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

Let us assume that he did read it out. And this is what he must have read out:

"The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to bring good tidings unto the humble; He hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound;"

It is Isaiah, who is clearly saying that the spirit of the LORD God was upon him. Taht is no prophesy either.

Isaiah did not write: "The spirit of the Lord GOD will be upon him; because the LORD will anoint him to bring good tidings unto the humble; He will send him to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound; "

When did he ever proclaim liberty?

And why did he not go on further?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#181518 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe that he read that out.
Guess what? It doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is what you can PROVE.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181519 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should do that, Philthy Phallics. Putting Penis Butter on your pee pee and then having the dog lick it off is considered premarital sex, and you know that Islam does not allow that. So make it right and marry the pooch. She works hard for the money. So hard for the money, so you better not treat her right.
Hey pervert slave.
I did get an apology for your "mistake" but you are happy to accept an apology from another person.
What a presumptuous slave you have turned out to be.

This is not the correct way to apologise when you got "gifts" and "poor" wrong is it slave?:

Finally a confession from "seeker" the slave:
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It means poor people, I misread it. Big deal Philthy Phallics. I'm not Jewish anyway.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...

We need an apology
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181520 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is to simply show us your source for the version of Isaiah 9:6 you posted. Should be very easy for you to do.
<quoted text>
As I have clearly demonstrated, if I make a mistake, I say so. But you never do. So I am a better person and have more character than you do.
<quoted text>
I've never lied once, nor do I ever need to. Anybody can make mistakes, but purposefully lying or purposefully making things up that don't really exist is inexcusable.
And I actually was stupid enough to actually take the time to answer all of your stupid 16 questions that you have repeated for over 100 times, one by one. So obviously, that was a complete waste of my time to only see you repeat them again after I answered them, and I will not waste my time again. You have deep issues and deep problems. Simon was spot on in his observation.
Slave...
You need to apologise.
You still can't find my Isaiah 9..xx? poor you.
Show where I made a mistake besides jokes and leg pulls?
You lie several times but you don't even know it.
Your biggest lie so far: Jesus is "god".
bmz

Singapore

#181521 Jun 30, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't school a place where people learn things?

In the case of the Nazarene he was schooled by god.

Apparently why we need years to know many things, his god was able to give all the knowledge possible one a fraction of second.

He was never a student but always a teacher.
Besides your sentence of before you put in contraposition Yeshua and Jake sounds like one is ignorant while the other is educated. The using you made of the word unschooled you made is as synonymous of the word ignorant You even added that people need educated Messiah.

As a Muslim you are the most blasphemous.
Yes, the school is a place where people learn but Jesus did not go to school.

And then like a true anti-Islam bigot, you wrote: "In the case of the Nazarene he was schooled by god."

What a double standard!

Even Qur'aan says that Jesus was taught by God. How come you did not believe that? Same was the case with Muhammad. God taught him. Both Muhammad and Jesus were unschooled and wrote nothing.

If Jesus were literate, he would have left some notes behind. He left nothing. And since the disciples were also illiterate, they left nothing in writing too. Now, don't give me the crap that John and Matthew were his disciples. Even John was unschooled.

Why am I being called blasphemous? Is it a blasphemy to say that Jesus was not schooled or Illiterate?

The biggest blasphemy against God is to say that Jesus was God and this blasphemy is fine with you. Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CitiesÂ’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Sat moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Sat Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web