Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Redneck Reb

United States

#181515 Jun 30, 2013
When the Sun comes up in the Morning, does it have to say to You....Hey, Here I am, I am the Sun? No,....Neither did Jesus have to say "I am the Son of God" Because it was self evident to the People Who he was.... The Masses followed him! They were telling him who he was, as Peter did. And when Peter raised Tabitha from the Dead by the Holy Spirit, the Gospel spread like Wild Fire throughout the region!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#181516 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
That is correct. Still, he was not schooled. If he had gone to school, only then one can say he was schooled.
Jesus was definitely unschooled.
Consider this, Scholar,

Luke 4:16 And he (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#181517 Jun 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider this, Scholar,
Luke 4:16 And he (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

Let us assume that he did read it out. And this is what he must have read out:

"The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to bring good tidings unto the humble; He hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound;"

It is Isaiah, who is clearly saying that the spirit of the LORD God was upon him. Taht is no prophesy either.

Isaiah did not write: "The spirit of the Lord GOD will be upon him; because the LORD will anoint him to bring good tidings unto the humble; He will send him to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound; "

When did he ever proclaim liberty?

And why did he not go on further?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#181518 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe that he read that out.
Guess what? It doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is what you can PROVE.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181519 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should do that, Philthy Phallics. Putting Penis Butter on your pee pee and then having the dog lick it off is considered premarital sex, and you know that Islam does not allow that. So make it right and marry the pooch. She works hard for the money. So hard for the money, so you better not treat her right.
Hey pervert slave.
I did get an apology for your "mistake" but you are happy to accept an apology from another person.
What a presumptuous slave you have turned out to be.

This is not the correct way to apologise when you got "gifts" and "poor" wrong is it slave?:

Finally a confession from "seeker" the slave:
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It means poor people, I misread it. Big deal Philthy Phallics. I'm not Jewish anyway.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...

We need an apology
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181520 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is to simply show us your source for the version of Isaiah 9:6 you posted. Should be very easy for you to do.
<quoted text>
As I have clearly demonstrated, if I make a mistake, I say so. But you never do. So I am a better person and have more character than you do.
<quoted text>
I've never lied once, nor do I ever need to. Anybody can make mistakes, but purposefully lying or purposefully making things up that don't really exist is inexcusable.
And I actually was stupid enough to actually take the time to answer all of your stupid 16 questions that you have repeated for over 100 times, one by one. So obviously, that was a complete waste of my time to only see you repeat them again after I answered them, and I will not waste my time again. You have deep issues and deep problems. Simon was spot on in his observation.
Slave...
You need to apologise.
You still can't find my Isaiah 9..xx? poor you.
Show where I made a mistake besides jokes and leg pulls?
You lie several times but you don't even know it.
Your biggest lie so far: Jesus is "god".
bmz

Location hidden

#181521 Jun 30, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't school a place where people learn things?

In the case of the Nazarene he was schooled by god.

Apparently why we need years to know many things, his god was able to give all the knowledge possible one a fraction of second.

He was never a student but always a teacher.
Besides your sentence of before you put in contraposition Yeshua and Jake sounds like one is ignorant while the other is educated. The using you made of the word unschooled you made is as synonymous of the word ignorant You even added that people need educated Messiah.

As a Muslim you are the most blasphemous.
Yes, the school is a place where people learn but Jesus did not go to school.

And then like a true anti-Islam bigot, you wrote: "In the case of the Nazarene he was schooled by god."

What a double standard!

Even Qur'aan says that Jesus was taught by God. How come you did not believe that? Same was the case with Muhammad. God taught him. Both Muhammad and Jesus were unschooled and wrote nothing.

If Jesus were literate, he would have left some notes behind. He left nothing. And since the disciples were also illiterate, they left nothing in writing too. Now, don't give me the crap that John and Matthew were his disciples. Even John was unschooled.

Why am I being called blasphemous? Is it a blasphemy to say that Jesus was not schooled or Illiterate?

The biggest blasphemy against God is to say that Jesus was God and this blasphemy is fine with you. Right?
bmz

Location hidden

#181522 Jun 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what? It doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is what you can PROVE.
What matters most, is what I wrote:

It is Isaiah, who is clearly saying that the spirit of the LORD God was upon him. That is no prophesy either.

Isaiah did not write: "The spirit of the Lord GOD will be upon him; because the LORD will anoint him to bring good tidings unto the humble; He will send him to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound; "

When did he ever proclaim liberty? And why did he not go on further?

Such verses were cherry-picked just to show Jesus, when he was not even mentioned in there.
bmz

Location hidden

#181523 Jun 30, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: YHVH, is neither pronounced yahweh or Jehovah. and by the way, the letter w is from the german, pronounced as a phonetic v. and the translation for YHVH from eevreet to German is: Erlösung ist er und Sie.
Yes, Rabbee. Yahweh or Jehovah is absurd, when pronounced that way. It is not even a name.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181524 Jun 30, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
SalaamZ O Scholarly Ones (BMZ/ALX) Great posts ! LOL! and evidently keeping IBN-Al-TweekR (your slave) a little busy for now. Next week Ill be posting a list of Pre-Jesus-Messiahs with Messiah crteria In the hopes of stinting this line of tripe here.Im sure SneekR will have at least one huge cow over it,and the rest of the dogma-riddled crosstians for sure will experience some form of misbegotten ankxt. Now dont expect it to be of your caliber and expertise,for I am but a lowly slightly educated,second generation immigrant.LOL! CheerZ
SalaamZ O wise Rabbeen Al Jihad. Your modesty can only be surpassed by your elegant poetry.
My slave tweekr the MPD seeker is a lost soul.He thinks he knows it all.lol.

We are looking forward to your pre-Jesus Messiahs, that will be a great eye opener.
CheerZ!

Can the crosstians to point out the real BJ:
1. BJ= father of son of "GOD"
2. BJ= father of son of "god the father"
3. BJ= ghost of father of son of "GOD"
4. BJ= ghost of father of son of "god the father"
5. BJ= spirit of father of son of "GOD"
6. BJ= spirit of father of son of "god the father"
7. BJ= son of man (son of Adam)
8. BJ= son of man (son of David)
9. BJ= son of man (son of Joseph)
10. BJ= son of "GOD" (who encompasses god the father)
11. BJ= son of "god the father" (who is part of GOD)
12. BJ= son of god the Holy Spirit (who is part of GOD)
13. BJ= son of god the holy ghost (who is part of GOD)
14. BJ= ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
15. BJ= ghost of son of man (son of David)
16. BJ= ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
17. BJ= ghost of son of "GOD"
18. BJ= ghost of son of "god the father"
19. BJ= ghost of son of "god the holy spirit"
20. BJ= ghost of son of "god the holy ghost"
21. BJ= spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
22. BJ= spirit of son of man (son of David)
23. BJ= spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
24. BJ= spirit of son of "GOD"
25. BJ= spirit of son of "god the father"
26. BJ= spirit of son of "god the holy spirit"
27. BJ= spirit of son of "god the holy ghost"
28. BJ= ghost of spirit of father of son of "GOD"
29. BJ= ghost of spirit of father of son of "god the father"
30. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
31. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of David)
32. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
33. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of "GOD"
34. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of "god the father"
35. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy spirit
36. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy ghost
37. BJ= spirit of ghost father of son of "GOD"
38. BJ= spirit of ghost of father of son of "god the father"
39. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
40. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of David)
41. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
42. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of "GOD"
43. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of "god the father"
44. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy spirit
45. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy ghost
46. BJ= "Risen" BJ
47. BJ= "Risen" son of man (son of Adam)
48. BJ= "Risen" son of man (son of David)
49. BJ= "Risen" son of man (son of Joseph)
50. BJ= "Risen" son of "God"
51. BJ= "Risen" son of "god the father"
52. BJ= "Risen" son of "god the holy spirit"
53. BJ= "Risen" son of "god the holy ghost"
54. BJ= "Lord" of St Paul
55. BJ= "Christ" of St Paul
56. BJ= Millions of "BJ" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
57. BJ= Millions of "Holy Spirits" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
58. BJ= Millions of "Holy Ghosts" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
59. BJ= The BJ in heaven sitting on his own right hand watching himself VINDICTIVELY making footstool of enemies.

60. BJ= ALL of the above
61. BJ= NONE of the above
62. BJ= Any more to be added to the above?
Thank you

62. Jesus= Any more to be added to the above?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181525 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, Rabbeen
We do our best to show the tazweer/tareef (forgery) and fasaad (corruption) by the Ulema-ul-Tazweer and Kaatebeen of Al-Kitaab (The Bible), to every Ibne Tazweer, Ibne-Tareef and Ibn Fasaad on this forum.
I will be be looking forward to your list of the Pre-Jesus Messiahs. The second generation of immigrants in the US are definitely better than first lot, which comprised mostly of coolies from Europe.
Salaams, the Humble One. Humility is the Hallmark of your creed.
BMZ
So very true, brother! Rabbeen is a breath of fresh air.
Like your "Tafsir" ...lol
Salaams, AlexWM
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181526 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ Jake has already arrived here.
It's a tough call. Who do I believe? Jake, rabbee or Susan? So many prophets to choose from, each with conflicting claims, each claiming that THEY are the authentic one and the other two are phonies who don't know what they are talking about. How do I decide?
Redneck Reb

United States

#181527 Jun 30, 2013
Zech 9:11 As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.

Freed from the Waterless Pit? That is Salvation...because of Jesus'(the King's)
Blood.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181528 Jun 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
1. God
2.His Spirit
3 Gods Word that created the light.
1-2-3=1 God..........
lol..
good one Shamma skeptic.
+1-2-3=-4 God??
Your god is -4!

Try again..

do you realise that we are all a trinity!
our spirit...our word...and us? lol
Thank you for being as clear as mud.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181529 Jun 30, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
SalaamZ O wise Rabbeen Al Jihad. Your modesty can only be surpassed by your elegant poetry.
Elegant poetry. LOL!!! Maybe if you are DisAlexic. Hmmm.., yet another good name for you? Anyway, you are so desperate that you will even appease and side with a lunatic that you don't even believe, if you think it will meet you needs. Any luck with that source for the version of Isaiah 9:6 that you posted? Just checking.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181530 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct. Still, he was not schooled. If he had gone to school, only then one can say he was schooled.
Jesus was definitely unschooled.
How do you know he was unschooled when nothing about that was mentioned either way that I can remember?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181531 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a tough call. Who do I believe? Jake, rabbee or Susan? So many prophets to choose from, each with conflicting claims, each claiming that THEY are the authentic one and the other two are phonies who don't know what they are talking about. How do I decide?
Dear slave, You have failed to answer my 17 simple questions...
Now try to be honest and answer these by pointing out the real BJ:
1. BJ= father of son of "GOD"
2. BJ= father of son of "god the father"
3. BJ= ghost of father of son of "GOD"
4. BJ= ghost of father of son of "god the father"
5. BJ= spirit of father of son of "GOD"
6. BJ= spirit of father of son of "god the father"
7. BJ= son of man (son of Adam)
8. BJ= son of man (son of David)
9. BJ= son of man (son of Joseph)
10. BJ= son of "GOD" (who encompasses god the father)
11. BJ= son of "god the father" (who is part of GOD)
12. BJ= son of god the Holy Spirit (who is part of GOD)
13. BJ= son of god the holy ghost (who is part of GOD)
14. BJ= ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
15. BJ= ghost of son of man (son of David)
16. BJ= ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
17. BJ= ghost of son of "GOD"
18. BJ= ghost of son of "god the father"
19. BJ= ghost of son of "god the holy spirit"
20. BJ= ghost of son of "god the holy ghost"
21. BJ= spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
22. BJ= spirit of son of man (son of David)
23. BJ= spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
24. BJ= spirit of son of "GOD"
25. BJ= spirit of son of "god the father"
26. BJ= spirit of son of "god the holy spirit"
27. BJ= spirit of son of "god the holy ghost"
28. BJ= ghost of spirit of father of son of "GOD"
29. BJ= ghost of spirit of father of son of "god the father"
30. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
31. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of David)
32. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
33. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of "GOD"
34. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of "god the father"
35. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy spirit
36. BJ= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy ghost
37. BJ= spirit of ghost father of son of "GOD"
38. BJ= spirit of ghost of father of son of "god the father"
39. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
40. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of David)
41. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
42. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of "GOD"
43. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of "god the father"
44. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy spirit
45. BJ= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy ghost
46. BJ= "Risen" BJ
47. BJ= "Risen" son of man (son of Adam)
48. BJ= "Risen" son of man (son of David)
49. BJ= "Risen" son of man (son of Joseph)
50. BJ= "Risen" son of "God"
51. BJ= "Risen" son of "god the father"
52. BJ= "Risen" son of "god the holy spirit"
53. BJ= "Risen" son of "god the holy ghost"
54. BJ= "Lord" of St Paul
55. BJ= "Christ" of St Paul
56. BJ= Millions of "BJ" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
57. BJ= Millions of "Holy Spirits" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
58. BJ= Millions of "Holy Ghosts" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
59. BJ= The BJ in heaven sitting on his own right hand watching himself VINDICTIVELY making footstool of enemies.

60. BJ= ALL of the above
61. BJ= NONE of the above
62. BJ= Any more to be added to the above?
Normal Man

Khobar, Saudi Arabia

#181532 Jun 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, bro.
The problem is that he lies through his teeth and lies even more than the Church fathers and the men, who penned the New Testament, did.
In fact, he lies more than Paul. So, I take him to task.
Brother, if I let him go, he will fill the entire precious bandwidth with lies, which were generated by men against our dearest mother Mary's noble son.
I am glad you joined, read the thread and wrote. It shows that the silent majority of international readers, does read the threads at Topix.
Thanks, bro.
Salaams and Ramadan-ul-Kareem Mubarak
BMZ
Alykum Salam Brother!

There are a millions of people like this guy, if you will discuss with him,a dn that guy, and these guy, those guy... believe me brother you will be tired!
The best solution is ignore him, this guy wants to play with us!
And he wants to prove that he's exist!

I wonder where he's from, and what is his religion?

If he's Christian, i'm sure he doesn't know any think about Christianity, and the last time he went to the Church when he was little kid with his parents!

Even Jesus was Muslim, and he believed in the Message of Mohammed the prophet (Peace upon him) be fore he comes!

The Holy Quran proved that:

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

Look at the last verse in Surah Al-Imran (Imran Chapter)!

Brother, this guy doesn't deserve to waste your worth time!

You are from Republic of Singapore which's the fourth most important financial center in the world, and the fifth port in the world in terms of activity!
Also it's global city which plays an important role in the global economy!
It's an advanced country!

Thank God, and Mashallah, we are so proud of you, and keep up guys, and go forward!

And this guy, i'm sure he's homeless, and he wants play!

Nice talking you brother, and i wish you and your amazing people well!

Salam and Ramadan-ul-Kareem Mubarak!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181533 Jun 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Elegant poetry. LOL!!! Maybe if you are DisAlexic. Hmmm.., yet another good name for you? Anyway, you are so desperate that you will even appease and side with a lunatic that you don't even believe, if you think it will meet you needs. Any luck with that source for the version of Isaiah 9:6 that you posted? Just checking.
Slave, shut up and behave. You are the ONLY real lunatic here. We are being kind to you.
I shall rub your nose in Isaiah, and I am not surprised that you don't know about this:
For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

When i give you the details, will you apologise and confirm you are indeed my slave.
I am keeping a note of your Isaiah challenge as you have been repeating it several times. You can't say it is a mistake....it is clearly mischief and ignorance on your part.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181534 Jun 30, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>the only thing, all this worlds counterfeit version of TheTorah is good for is deceit.
Prove that the version of the Torah that the world has is counterfeit. You made the claim, now back it up. Otherwise, don't even bother with the claim as nobody will believe you unless you back it up. All that it is, is merely your own unsubstantiated claim unless you back it up. And I know you will say next that you don't have to back anything up, but then again, nobody has to believe any of your claims either. Just because YOU say so, that means nothing at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web