Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256390 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#181411 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
9:5 and 9:6 does not apply to the people of the book. 9:29 does, and I can give you overwhelming tafsir from people who have studied Islam for their entire lives and know it far better than you do.
I did not use the term 'people of the book' and neither did I say that the Jews were.

The Jews are not Mushrikeen but the Christians are. The Jews are fiercely and truly monotheistic like Muslims.

I wrote clearly: "The word idolaters applies to Christians also because the word Mushrikeen includes them too."

I just did a Tafsir for you.

Please tell this to the people who talk through Tafsirs. I speak through Qur'aan only.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181412 Jun 29, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so your saying, They TheBoth, did this for all 33years? according to your, alleged as facts?
special knowledge? just what special knowledge, does it take to be here in TheTorah HaShem G-D is still giving?
Not through YOU.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
where G-D has Adam put to death, and returned as adam and his mate.
He did NOT return as Adam, nor his mate.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
what is, so friggen difficult about that?
Your crazy head making it all up without quoting one verse to substantiate your inventions, that's what.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
when you all seem to be the ones, with all the gnostic knowledge.
and the alleged as jesus, did not perform miracles on demand.
Mark 3
3 Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand,“Stand up in front of everyone.”4 Then Jesus asked them,“Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.5 He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man,“Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
nor did he waste a lot of time, on disbelievers here in TheTorah. nor did They/Both, give answers anyone expected.
There is no Adam/Jesus. They are two separate people. This is all your own invention nowhere to be found in the scriptures and if it was, you would have quoted it to me long ago. But you can't, because it's not there.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
so you do not like my answers, no different than the pharaoh against Moshe, or the pharasees and sadducees against the actual existence Adam.
Adam was not in the Story of Moses at all. And maybe you should perform some miraculous acts like Moses did. All you do is to babble completely unfounded nonsense on a silly little discussion board, and it's getting tiresome to listen to. Go out and try to part the creek near your house or just a glass of water and show everybody and then come back and talk to me with witnesses.

bmz

Location hidden

#181413 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
First of all, show me where Jesus told them to do that? Jesus said to preach to a land and if they reject it, leave that land and wipe the dust off of your sandals. It's not Jesus' fault that people ignore that. But I can show you verses from the Quran where it does tell them to do things like this.
I have already addressed this point many times before.

First, Jesus was not sent to pagans. He was not sent to introduce God Almighty to the Israelites.

They were already believers in God like him and had the Scripture. And he sent his disciples to teach and preach in the villages and towns of Israel.

If the disciples had crossed the Jordan and gone into Arabia, they would have no time even to shake the dust of their sandals and would have been beheaded on the spot, as the pagan Arabs would not have appreciated foreigners doing the stomp in front of them.

Nobody was persecuting and torturing Jesus, his disciples and followers at all. They were free to roam. So, Jesus did not go through with what Muhammad and his followers went through and suffered.

So, who started attacking if you know the Qur'aan and History well? Did the Prophet and his followers start attacking the Meccan pagans?

There is your answer.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181414 Jun 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing your post in short bites.
Nothing happens and they get delivered to safety. See, Seeker, te problem is that you do not even try to comprehend the message given in the verses:
"Qur'aan: "If any of the idolaters seeks asylum with you, grant him protection, so that he may hear the word of God, and then convey him to his place of safety. That is because the idolaters are people who lack knowledge."
It says clearly " then convey him to his place of safety."
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

bmz

Location hidden

#181415 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
And, I didn't see where you said anything about what the word peace means in the context of Islam. Does it mean the inner peace one is supposed to attain by submitting to the will of Allah or does it mean cooperation, compromise and pacifism with non Muslims as Muslims try to paint it as? There is no such thing as compromise or cooperation with non Muslims in the Quran at all. And you know all of the verses that I can produce that says the opposite. Islam rules, and if you are lucky enough to survive, you submit to Islamic rule, pay the jizyah and be humiliated. And that's only for the people of the book who were lucky enough to survive.
You KNOW this and yet you deny it. And you can show me anything you want from the Old Testament, but Jews don't lie and claim they are the "Religion of Peace" as to suggest non violence, but Muslims do all of the time, and it is designed to hide the clear violence that they do, even today, and the verses that they get their ideas from. It's a scam to hide the clear truth and embarrassment about Islam that the Quran causes decent Muslims in the 21st century.
The terrorist are actually the real Muslims, but there are decent Muslims that are not true Muslims and are not willing to face up to what they are commanded to do because it bothers their conscience. So they try to reinterpret the Quran and Islam in any way that they can to make themselves feel better and make it fit into the 21st century. But I read the whole thing, and it's ALL there and the terrorists are right. They are fighting in Allah's way for Islam through the only means that they have at their disposal.
Why should Islam be called the Religion of Peace? Islam does not claim to be the religion of peace.

Can Christianity, with her bloody and filthy record, claim to be the Religion of Peace? Can Judaism, with her bloody and filthy record, claim that to be the Religion of Peace?

Jizyah was nothing new. It is known as Tribute money in English and the modern term is War Reparation. All victorious nations have been demanding Jizyah. Iraq paid Jizyah. Japan paid Jizyah. Germany paid Jizyah.

The Muslims that you talk about, are fighting their own political battles and Islam has nothing to do it and neither I have anything to do with it. The Christian West, my friend, is reaping what it sowed.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181416 Jun 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not use the term 'people of the book' and neither did I say that the Jews were.
The Jews are not Mushrikeen but the Christians are. The Jews are fiercely and truly monotheistic like Muslims.
I wrote clearly: "The word idolaters applies to Christians also because the word Mushrikeen includes them too."
I just did a Tafsir for you.
Please tell this to the people who talk through Tafsirs. I speak through Qur'aan only.
You mean your own interpretation that makes it the way you want it to be. You are no scholar and did not spend your life doing an investigation of the Quran and the historical context behind it.

(Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the People of the Scripture,) This honorable Ayah was revealed with the order to fight the People of the Book, after the pagans were defeated, the people entered Allah's religion in large numbers, and the Arabian Peninsula was secured under the Muslims' control. Allah commanded His Messenger to fight the People of the Scriptures, Jews and Christians, on the ninth year of Hijrah,
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181417 Jun 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should Islam be called the Religion of Peace? Islam does not claim to be the religion of peace.
Good, then tell your fellow Muslims to stop lying and calling it that.

bmz

Location hidden

#181418 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, then tell your fellow Muslims to stop lying and calling it that.
I don't have to. It is the lying evangelists and presbyters who do that most.

“the Lion of Judah”

Since: Jul 08

US Bible Belt

#181419 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is wrong. He went out all over the place to the people and performed miraculous healings. He answered their questions when asked them and gave them answers that they didn't expect and they had such wisdom to them that it astonished people. And when I myself read those answers and things that he said, I too am astonished by their deeper wisdom.
And I am not being sarcastic at all. If you have special knowledge, then you should be obligated to spread that in the most effective way you know how, not waste it on a forum. But then again, if someone didn't really have special knowledge or guidance, then this is exactly what I would expect them to do. Waste time babbling incoherently on insignificant discussion forums. And all that you have said this whole time is that you have all the answers and everybody else is wrong, but you offer no real guidance at all as to what people should do. Seems to be nothing but a personal ego stroke to me, and a delusional one at that.
I am the Messiah and I have been performing miraculous works almost daily for 58 years from coast to coast accross the USA. my works are thousands of times more valuable to mankind than the works of all others combined. I also answer all questions with ideas and opinions you dont want to hear and I have done that many thousands of times in forum posts. Online and in courts of law are the safest place for me to teach and preach but I am just waiting for you to be ready to change so I can meet all of you in the air. You think I am babbling incoherantly but then again you were trained by men who knew nothing about he ways of Christ. My knowledge of what God wants is 180 degrees from what you were trained to want. You want lines on maps and dividing of land and you have a money-changer, a seller, a soldier, a prophet and a profiteer on every corner and I want none of those on the planet.

bmz

Location hidden

#181420 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean your own interpretation that makes it the way you want it to be. You are no scholar and did not spend your life doing an investigation of the Quran and the historical context behind it.
(Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the People of the Scripture,) This honorable Ayah was revealed with the order to fight the People of the Book, after the pagans were defeated, the people entered Allah's religion in large numbers, and the Arabian Peninsula was secured under the Muslims' control. Allah commanded His Messenger to fight the People of the Scriptures, Jews and Christians, on the ninth year of Hijrah,
That is the most ridiculous Tafsir, Seeker.

Look, people have spent and wasted centuries of life time reading the lies about Jesus, written by experts in Christian "Tafsirs". Do their Tafsirs make any sense? Tafsir is not scripture.

That verse was about the people of that place at that time.

bmz

Location hidden

#181421 Jun 29, 2013
Jake999 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the Messiah and I have been performing miraculous works almost daily for 58 years from coast to coast accross the USA. my works are thousands of times more valuable to mankind than the works of all others combined. I also answer all questions with ideas and opinions you dont want to hear and I have done that many thousands of times in forum posts. Online and in courts of law are the safest place for me to teach and preach but I am just waiting for you to be ready to change so I can meet all of you in the air. You think I am babbling incoherantly but then again you were trained by men who knew nothing about he ways of Christ. My knowledge of what God wants is 180 degrees from what you were trained to want. You want lines on maps and dividing of land and you have a money-changer, a seller, a soldier, a prophet and a profiteer on every corner and I want none of those on the planet.
Greetings, Christ Jake

I am glad to see that you have started revealing yourself to the Christians. Please gather the runaway sheep back to the holding area.

Shalom and have a nice weekend.

BMZ
Normal Man

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#181422 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I have a question for you seeker.
Are you Jew or Christian?
i wanna know because the discussion must be clear?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181423 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected nothing but self serving babble from you and I got it. You just keep repeating the same, completely unfounded claims. Why should anybody listen to you? Because YOU say so? That's all you have to offer. Sorry, not good enough. Go threaten someone else with your nonsense. Or go start posting some place more useful, rather than a tiny, silly little discussion board. Or better yet, get some counseling. I need to stop feeding your desire for attention, because that's all my discussion with you is doing. And if you really want a lot of attention, there's much better venues to get that from than here.
rabbee: what you upset cause, i caught your lies again? as once again, you make the straw man nonsense argument when you get caught. and i have no need to threaten any of you, who are all the greater threat to yourselves. as all i do is to, try to make you aware of this.

and if i were seeking attention, i sure as hell would not be on this disgusting message board. so once again your, spewing your method of lying. so it can't be attention, i am interested in. when i am only concerned, about this whole world not being true to G-D. even if you cannot comprehend, why G-D is having me do this THEIR WAY only.

when your so self proclaimed smart you can't even figure out, what story we are all here in from TheG-D of ONLY TheTorah.

bmz

Location hidden

#181424 Jun 29, 2013
Jake999 wrote:
I am the Messiah and I have been performing miraculous works ....
This is what Jesus did not do. If he had done that, it would have been a different story. I am glad you declared openly.

bmz

Location hidden

#181425 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
This is what is written on top of your link:

"Idolators are granted Safe Passage if They seek It"

My point stands! Thanks
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181426 Jun 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to. It is the lying evangelists and presbyters who do that most.
Ummmmm....no. It is Muslims themselves and in fact, there was a poster earlier who actually called Islam that. And evangelist don't term Christianity the Religion of Peace, but if they did, the scriptures of Jesus would give them far more justification to do so than the Quran. A religion is not about how people might misuse it, it's about what the scriptures themselves say, and the evangelicals are supposed to follow the teachings of Jesus.
Normal Man

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#181427 Jun 29, 2013
Sorry, i made a little bit mistake (God forgive me)

The the correct verse about the miracle of Jesus, and when Jesus talked to the Jews when he was a child in the cradle:

Before this comment i was trying to explain you the verses, but my English language doesn't help me :(

Here's in this link explains you correctly!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181428 Jun 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what is written on top of your link:
"Idolators are granted Safe Passage if They seek It"
My point stands! Thanks
Oh, and just ignore the rest of what was written. That's extremely evasive and therefore dishonest of you. But that's no surprise. You were even willing to change 6:101 where you changed the words "how can he", or "how could he" to "why should he" to hide the problem. I just don't understand what you think about yourself when you do things like this. Isn't Allah supposed to be watching? But maybe you think that Allah finds this kind of behavior acceptable as long as you are defending Islam. That's all that I can figure.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181429 Jun 29, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and if i were seeking attention, i sure as hell would not be on this disgusting message board. so once again your, spewing your method of lying. so it can't be attention, i am interested in. when i am only concerned, about this whole world not being true to G-D.
Then tell it to the rest of the world. You are only here because it is convenient for you and you get the attention that you seek without having to do any real work.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181430 Jun 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Not through YOU.
<quoted text>
He did NOT return as Adam, nor his mate.
<quoted text>
Your crazy head making it all up without quoting one verse to substantiate your inventions, that's what.
<quoted text>
Mark 3
3 Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand,“Stand up in front of everyone.”4 Then Jesus asked them,“Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.5 He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man,“Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.
<quoted text>
There is no Adam/Jesus. They are two separate people. This is all your own invention nowhere to be found in the scriptures and if it was, you would have quoted it to me long ago. But you can't, because it's not there.
<quoted text>
Adam was not in the Story of Moses at all. And maybe you should perform some miraculous acts like Moses did. All you do is to babble completely unfounded nonsense on a silly little discussion board, and it's getting tiresome to listen to. Go out and try to part the creek near your house or just a glass of water and show everybody and then come back and talk to me with witnesses.
rabbee: once again your editorial opinions, does not constitute the actual truth here in always TheTorah.

and even in your corrupt editorial versions, it states that G-D always has Adam put to death, and returned as adam and your grandmother. and it is your false witness invention, disavowing it.

maybe this or that, is the the best you can do? when my doing and saying as G-D, is not good enough for you. what are you going to blame me for next, the multitudes not having any straw to make bricks?

as you also miss the point of Moshe, that no amount of miracles resulted in the multitudes being true to G-D. after witnessing miracle after miracle, they still constantly disobeyed G-D.

so the answer in not in miracles seen, but what is actually seen in your heart and mind. when normally it is seen, as just you pretty ugly personal versions.

nor do i expect this whole insane world, not here in TheTorah. as considering me sane, for just being here in TheTorah HaShem is still giving. and just doing as commanded, by G-D. in this whole world, that just isn't here in IT again.

but regardless of what you think, G-D can give this exact same story again. with or without your personal approval, with or without all of you and your grandmother so precisely, accurately, and repeatably again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge 18 hr G Willy Wally 3
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec 30 Off Topic 5
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec '16 Lucifer 9
C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Middlesbrough Dec '16 Anonymous 1
The Epiphany Window is a Map of Stonehenge Dec '16 Garry-Denke 4
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... Dec '16 drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec '16 Tom 1
More from around the web