Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253444 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181116 Jun 26, 2013
Isaiah 53
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/B...

HaShem means God

1 'Who would have believed our report? And to whom hath the arm of HaShem been revealed?

2 For he shot up right forth as a sapling, and as a root out of a dry ground; he had no form nor comeliness, that we should look upon him, nor beauty that we should delight in him.

3 He was despised, and forsaken of men, a man of pains, and acquainted with disease, and as one from whom men hide their face: he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely our diseases he did bear, and our pains he carried; whereas we did esteem him stricken, smitten of G-d, and afflicted.

Sounds like what they did to Jesus

5 But he was wounded because of our transgressions, he was crushed because of our iniquities: the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his stripes we were healed.

Jesus received lashes.

6 All we like sheep did go astray, we turned every one to his own way; and HaShem hath made to light on him the iniquity of us all.

John 10
7 Therefore Jesus said again,“Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

7 He was oppressed, though he humbled himself and opened not his mouth;

Mark 15
3 The chief priests accused him of many things. 4 So again Pilate asked him,“Aren’t you going to answer? See how many things they are accusing you of.”5 But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed.

Luke 23
8 When Herod saw Jesus, he was greatly pleased, because for a long time he had been wanting to see him. From what he had heard about him, he hoped to see him perform a sign of some sort. 9 He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him.

7 continued: as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before her shearers is dumb; yea, he opened not his mouth.

He was called the Lamb of God

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away, and with his generation who did reason? for he was cut off out of the land of the living, for the transgression of my people to whom the stroke was due.

9 And they made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich his tomb; although he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.'

Luke 23:4
4 Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd,“I find no basis for a charge against this man.”

10 Yet it pleased HaShem to crush him by disease; to see if his soul would offer itself in restitution, that he might see his seed, prolong his days, and that the purpose of HaShem might prosper by his hand:

11 Of the travail of his soul he shall see to the full, even My servant, who by his knowledge did justify the Righteous One to the many, and their iniquities he did bear.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion among the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the mighty;

John 10
16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again.

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

12 continued: because he bared his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Jesus died so that sins may be forgiven.
JOEL

India

#181117 Jun 26, 2013
Hi Seeker,

Do you think Alex is gay?
CHUBBY BABY

India

#181118 Jun 26, 2013
Alex is gay, what do you think Seeker?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181119 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with quite a bit of what you say, Susan.
She said this:
"The Christians got it right though, the Messiah is God incarnate and the Jews do not accept this. It was prophecied the Jews would reject their Messiah and despite all kinds of signs and wonders

So you agree with that? Maybe you should read it again a little more carefully.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181120 Jun 26, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Hi Seeker,
Do you think Alex is gay?
You mean Phallics? I don't know, but he sure seems to be obsessed with penises. That much I can tell.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#181121 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that Peter was illiterate?
Luke told everyone, Seeker and he told me too.

Do you think Luke lied?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181122 Jun 26, 2013
CHUBBY BABY wrote:
Alex is gay, what do you think Seeker?
Has Phallics been giving you some lustful looks CHUBBY? You might be giving him a chubby. Better run.
bmz

Singapore

#181123 Jun 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..
When it comes to "words", BJ seems to have forgotten to leave a lot of words.
BJ never managed to proof-read anything. He knows nothing about NT.
Poor BJ.
But Paul on the other hand is full of "words"!!
Therefore, in the beginning PAUL = the WORD!
No, bro. This is what I meant:

"In the beginning, before the Word, there was the Letter or Alphabet Paul and no Word was made without him." The 'him' refers to Paul.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181124 Jun 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the beginning, before the Word, there was the Letter or Alphabet Paul and no Word was made without him." The 'him' refers to Paul.
Phallics doesn't read posts very well.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181125 Jun 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke told everyone, Seeker and he told me too.
Do you think Luke lied?
Which verse? I don't remember it.

Since: Nov 11

Marengo, OH

#181126 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I don't know Arabic, but could Allah mean THE God, as in the real and only one? Interesting topic. I would like to know more.
Allah is the proper name, personal name, of the Arabic pagan moon-God!

The word "god" in Arabic is 'illah' not Allah.

For example: There is no 'god' but 'God'?

That would be a very stupid reason to blow yourself off or killing innocent people.

If "Allah" is "greater" then there MUST be some OTHER being being compared too, right?

Satan is fooling even Christians! Any Christian who claims 'Allah" means "God" is already lost, predestined to death and will be decapitated by Islam in the coming persecution when the Islamic beast rise again, like it did during the Ottoman Empire.
bmz

Singapore

#181127 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Which verse? I don't remember it.
Have you ever read that verse before, Seeker?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181128 Jun 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read that verse before, Seeker?
I don't know which verse you are talking about or maybe I don't remember it. I haven't memorized all of the Gospels, I've only read them. Can't you just say which verse you are referring to?
bmz

Singapore

#181129 Jun 26, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Satan is fooling even Christians!
That is nothing new. Satan founded Christianity. Christianity is Satan's revenge against Jesus, the Son of Mary.
bmz

Singapore

#181130 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know which verse you are talking about or maybe I don't remember it. I haven't memorized all of the Gospels, I've only read them. Can't you just say which verse you are referring to?
OK. It means you have never read it before. It is in Acts.

Acts 4:13 New International Version (©2011)

"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."

According to this, John was also an illiterate.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#181131 Jun 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is nothing new. Satan founded Christianity. Christianity is Satan's revenge against Jesus, the Son of Mary.
Nah...

Televangelism is Satan's current revenge against early christianity,(previously it was the inquisition).

Have a nice day: Ag
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181132 Jun 26, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah is the proper name, personal name, of the Arabic pagan moon-God!
The word "god" in Arabic is 'illah' not Allah.
That's interesting. Can you link something that talks about this and substantiates this? I'm all ears.
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
For example: There is no 'god' but 'God'?
That would be a very stupid reason to blow yourself off or killing innocent people.
If "Allah" is "greater" then there MUST be some OTHER being being compared too, right?
Well it could just mean that Allah is greater than people and their plans. But others say it means that Allah is greater than you God.

Here's an interesting article that seems to back what you say and even shows the Arabic. It seems somewhat convincing, even though it is from an anti Islam site. Just because it's an anti Islam site, does not mean it is always wrong and it seems to lay it all out very factually.
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Allahu_Akbar
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is fooling even Christians! Any Christian who claims 'Allah" means "God" is already lost, predestined to death and will be decapitated by Islam in the coming persecution when the Islamic beast rise again, like it did during the Ottoman Empire.
Well, I don't believe anything about Islam except that it was a con by Muhammad to create a monotheistic religion for the Arabs. So I don't think that I have anything to worry about. This guy had no scriptures to use from the descendants of Ishmael before him, and he was supposed to be a descendant of Ishmael. so he had to hijack the scriptures of the descendants of Isaac to use as his basis and platform because he couldn't just make up a new religion out of nowhere. Then, after he hijacked them, he had to level the charge of corruption against them so that if he says anything that contradicts them, he could just say that part is corrupted. And then, to attract the pagans, we have the name Allah, and the Kaaba, Black Stone and the Jinn were all taken from the Meccan pagan religion and incorporated into Islam. So it seems like he was willing to incorporate anything, if it meant gaining more followers and growing his army. And, after the Jews essentially rejected him, he changed the prayer direction of Islam, which was originally Jerusalem, to attract the Jews, to Mecca and the previously pagan Kaaba. And then to explain this bizarre change of prayer direction after thousands of years, he says it's a test from Allah. Hmmm..... Quite the con artist this guy was.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181133 Jun 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...nice one I that I have agreed with.
......but it's more fun when Paul is the word instead of BJ (not Jesus pbuh)!
Paul is THE Master of "Christians", you agree.
His "word" is their command.
Poor BJ has been gaffer taped by the gang of pagans.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181134 Jun 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. It means you have never read it before. It is in Acts.
Acts 4:13 New International Version (©2011)
"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."
According to this, John was also an illiterate.
We can add seeker to the list when it comes to Hebrew and Arabic!
lol.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181135 Jun 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good boy.
So you are clueless after all?
What a surprise!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Sat moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Sat Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web