Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 212,208

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181059 Jun 25, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
Can you link your source?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181060 Jun 25, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: is it my fault, you do not know what YHVH given to Adam means?
Well then just quote the verse and explain it. Educate me, but make sure you also include the verse. Or, if you don't, then make sure that you say that what you are saying isn't in the scriptures but it is what God tells you.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181061 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What is up with your clear and obvious obsession with penises and phallic symbols? Again, is there something that you want to tell us all? If you confess, it will make you feel better and you will no longer have to hide things.
Don't ask me, seeker.
Ask the pagans who worship phallic symbols.
You should know, seeker.
http://issues.xanga.com/752638690/item/

http://www.hindu-blog.com/2008/02/why-is-hind...
linga=phallus
yoni=vag-in-a
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181062 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you link your source?
You know that is the Jewish claim that smashes OT misinformation.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181063 Jun 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Alex.
In short, the boy was called the 'prince of peace' by God Almighty.
You are Welcome, BMZ.
The OT is quite dodgy!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181064 Jun 25, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that is the Jewish claim that smashes OT misinformation.
Where did you get the verse from? I have quoted many reputable Jewish sources and I can't find anything like that version you posted.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181065 Jun 25, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Welcome, BMZ.
The OT is quite dodgy!
Not dodgier than you are being.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181066 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the verse from? I have quoted many reputable Jewish sources and I can't find anything like that version you posted.
Are you by any chance quoting mainly "Messianic" sources who happen to be speaking Hebrew?
You are twisted, boy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#181067 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Not dodgier than you are being.
Prove to us that Jews awaited G-d to come in human form calling himself their Messiah.
Stop lying.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#181068 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/B...
14 Therefore the L-rd Himself shall give you a sign: behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
It says SON, and HIS name
15 Curd and honey shall he eat, when he knoweth to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
It says HE.
Now would you please stop it?
What's the problem? Jarrett is male. His name is Joshua in Hebrew, the same as Jesus in Greek and means "Lord is salvation". His mother though, is a Christian and doesn't believe in me. Isaiah 7:16 "For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that you abhor shall be forsaken of both her kings". This is yet to happen and will probably happen around VWD Day.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181069 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Muhammad inventing the Quran. As I suspected, not only can you not type posts in a proper and coherent manner, you can't even read them properly as well or understand the flow of the conversations and what is being referred to. Why do you think I have little to say to you anymore? A discussion with you is absolutely pointless. I'm glad that God understands you, because I can assure you that nobody here does.
rabbee: knew full well what you were trying to say. what you accuse muhammed of you are also guilty of. yes your right, you conversing with your alleged as, beloved jesus christ is pointless. what is wrong is wrong, no matter what you goodie two shoes think is right according to you. two frauds, do not make a right.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181070 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then just quote the verse and explain it. Educate me, but make sure you also include the verse. Or, if you don't, then make sure that you say that what you are saying isn't in the scriptures but it is what God tells you.
rabbee: already did, and nobody including you cared. i don't play, the codependent game. and sorry but everything i say today, is all happening here in TheTorah again.

by your own admission of guilt, you are not here in TheTorah today. so therefore nothing you say, can be true to G-D here in TheTorah. since everything you say, is based on the lie.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#181071 Jun 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
How could real-life Jews know what Jesus claimed without reading the Gospels?
Mark 15
Luke 22
Matthew 26
the fictional Jews in the fictional gospels accused Jesus of claiming divinity for himself, leading to his execution
but learned Jews say...

"Jesus claimed that he was a prophet sent by God and that he was the prophesied Messiah. He interpreted the Law leading to its annulment. The sages realized this, and swiftly punished him before his reputation spread among our people" - Maimonides

"The religion of the Christians as at present, has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. It was introduced and spread by Paul, who claimed prophetic spirit for himself. He ascribed divinity to Jesus and taught that religion consisted of nothing but spiritual. He denied the duty of carrying out the mitzvot -- all animals may be eaten, from the fly to the elephant!" - Jacob Qirqisani, 10th century
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#181072 Jun 25, 2013
Quran can stand on its own without Tanach

OTOH, NT relies heavily on Tanach, for 'prophecies' of the man-god
a corrupt Tanach... is just unthinkable

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#181073 Jun 25, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
the fictional Jews in the fictional gospels accused Jesus of claiming divinity for himself, leading to his execution
but learned Jews say...
"Jesus claimed that he was a prophet sent by God and that he was the prophesied Messiah. He interpreted the Law leading to its annulment. The sages realized this, and swiftly punished him before his reputation spread among our people" - Maimonides
"The religion of the Christians as at present, has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. It was introduced and spread by Paul, who claimed prophetic spirit for himself. He ascribed divinity to Jesus and taught that religion consisted of nothing but spiritual. He denied the duty of carrying out the mitzvot -- all animals may be eaten, from the fly to the elephant!" - Jacob Qirqisani, 10th century
It is evident UhUh you are not familiar with the teachings of the Apostle of Jesus.
For Peter Himself Believed that Jesus was God in human form and believed that when we die we are received into the Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The Scripture below acknowledges Peter's true belief in the Divinity of Jesus as God.

1 Peter 1-2
according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, to obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you, and peace, be multiplied. 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy has begotten us again to a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

2 Peter 1:10
10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181074 Jun 25, 2013
uhuh wrote:
rabbee: yeah i have noticed, how syria and other arab nations are standing on their own in the quran today. it was only a matter of time, before G-D got that pissed at them.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#181075 Jun 25, 2013
uhuh wrote:
rabbee: catch 22, you cannot denounce the tanach, without also denouncing TheTorah. and no one ever denouncing TheTorah, can ever be trusted or considered as true. so without TheTorah, eeslam is defiantly a baseless fraudulent claim. since the words of fallible men, should never be held as equal or above, The-Actual Word of G-D.

Location hidden

#181076 Jun 25, 2013
uhuh wrote:
The Quran cannot stand period as a book handed down by God to Muhammad.

For every word in the Quran must be of truth as God is the source of all truth.
This link proves the Quran is not the Word of God UhUh.
If you are a true believer in God then you will read and study this link.
If are not a true believer in God then you will not read this link.
Are you ready to test what you believe Uhuh?
Read this link.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Resources/More...

If you do not read this link UhUh you will force me to post the entire link online.
The choice is you're UhUh..

Location hidden

#181077 Jun 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the questions, Shamma
When and where did Paul receive his commission? Did Jesus even speak a word about Paul to his disciples?
Any prophesy from Jesus about Paul's intrusion?
You are just groping in the dark.
Just goes to show Muhammad was no prophet from God.
Jesus chose Christianity as His sheep and as Himself the herder of his flock.
Jesus had the Apostles preach to Jews and the lost sheep of Israel while He chose Paul to preach to the Gentiles.

All the pagan Arabs and Muslims were given over to Satan.

Those who love God hear his voice and are obedient unto Him..
Muslims hear the voice of Satan and are obedient unto Satan.

The evil mind set and evil deeds of Muslims stick out for all the world to see.

Location hidden

#181078 Jun 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What's the problem? Jarrett is male. His name is Joshua in Hebrew, the same as Jesus in Greek and means "Lord is salvation". His mother though, is a Christian and doesn't believe in me. Isaiah 7:16 "For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that you abhor shall be forsaken of both her kings". This is yet to happen and will probably happen around VWD Day.
Wrong!
It already happened.

16. For--The deliverance implied in the name "Immanuel," and the cessation of distress as to food ( Isaiah 7:14Isaiah 7:15 ), shall last only till the child grows to know good and evil;
for ... the land that ... abhorrest ... forsaken of ... kings--rather, desolate shall be the land, before whose two kings thou art alarmed [HENGSTENBERG and GESENIUS].
the land--namely, Syria and Samaria regarded as one ( 2 Kings 16:9 , 15:30 ), just two years after this prophecy, as it foretells. HORSLEY takes it, "The land (Judah and Samaria) of (the former of) which thou art the plague (literally,'thorn') shall be forsaken," &c.; a prediction thus, that Judah and Israel (appropriately regarded as one "land") should cease to be kingdoms ( Luke 2:1 , Genesis 49:10 ) before Immanuel came.

Isaiah 7:17-25 . FATAL CONSEQUENCES OF AHAZ' ASSYRIAN POLICY.

Though temporary deliverance ( Isaiah 7:16 , 8:4 ) was to be given then, and final deliverance through Messiah, sore punishment shall follow the former. After subduing Syria and Israel, the Assyrians shall encounter Egypt ( 2 Kings 23:29 ), and Judah shall be the battlefield of both ( Isaiah 7:18 ), and be made tributary to that very Assyria ( 2 Chronicles 28:20 , 2 Kings 16:72 Kings 16:8 ) now about to be called in as an ally ( Isaiah 39:1-6 ). Egypt, too, should prove a fatal ally ( Isaiah 36:6 , 31:1 , &c.).

18. hiss--whistle, to bring bees to settle
fly--found in numbers about the arms of the Nile and the canals from it ( Isaiah 19:5-7 , 23:3 ), here called "rivers." Hence arose the plague of flies ( Exodus 8:21 ). Figurative, for numerous and troublesome foes from the remotest parts of Egypt, for example, Pharaoh-nechoh.
bee--( Deuteronomy 1:44 , Psalms 118:12 ). As numerous in Assyria as the fly in marshy Egypt. Sennacherib, Esar-haddon, and Nebuchadnezzar fulfilled this prediction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rare and tiny artifact disappears 14 hr marcia neil 1
Lost Forever Isis militants smash ancient artif... Feb 26 Eleanor 1
Dead Sea Scrolls, Ancient Artifacts to Be Displ... Feb 22 dollarsbill 16
Archaeologists start to unearth the secrets of ... Feb 15 DeQuitacre 1
Tobacco planted on archaeological area Feb 12 Tokat 1
Copper mining threatens Afghan site of ancient ... Feb 8 Mag 1
Take the WW II archaeology quiz Feb 3 Eric Swanson 4
More from around the web