Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,517)

Showing posts 170,321 - 170,340 of198,664
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Seeker wrote:
Christians do not level the charge of corruption against the scriptures of the Jews and they respect their validity and that there was a prior covenant that was legitimate at it's time.

But Muslims do level the charge of corruption, and therefore attempt to wipe out the Jewish scriptures and replace them with the Quran.
Interesting, Seeker.

Christians do not level the charge of corruption against the Scriptures of the Jews because they have already corrupted them. They need the Jewish Holy Scriptures to refer to but they refer through the forgery known as the Old Testament.

And they tell not only us but also the Jews that their copy has the correct meanings and interpretation but that IS NOT true at all.

The corruption by Jews in their Scriptures, is a different matter. Qur'aan accuses them of adding in stories, which were not revealed by God and accuses them of following their Rabbis, who differed.
Stories such as Genesis 38, Lot's daughters, Abraham lying to folks by saying that Sarah was his sister so that she could be safe, when that did not help at all and God had to intervene. Right?

And Muslims level the charge of corruptions against Christians for corrupting the Scriptures of Jews through their Old Testament copy.

For example, the Christians will quote us Isaiah 9:6 from their copy OT:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

One can see how absurd that is. It means that: Jesus was the Wonderful Counselor. Jesus was Mighty God. Jesus was the Everlasting Father. Jesus was the Prince of Peace. Quite preposterous. Right?

Was he the Wonderful Counsellor? Was he the Mighty God? Was he the Everlasting Father?

So, what was he?

The correct answer lies in Isaiah 9:5 of the Jewish Holy Scriptures:

5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

So, God the Mighty and Wondrous Adviser and the Everlasting Father called the boy "the prince of peace."

How can a Christian deny the fact that I have shown?

I have just shown you one forgery in the OT. There are many.

Waht do you think?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, Seeker.
Christians do not level the charge of corruption against the Scriptures of the Jews because they have already corrupted them. They need the Jewish Holy Scriptures to refer to but they refer through the forgery known as the Old Testament.
And they tell not only us but also the Jews that their copy has the correct meanings and interpretation but that IS NOT true at all.
The corruption by Jews in their Scriptures, is a different matter. Qur'aan accuses them of adding in stories, which were not revealed by God and accuses them of following their Rabbis, who differed.
Stories such as Genesis 38, Lot's daughters, Abraham lying to folks by saying that Sarah was his sister so that she could be safe, when that did not help at all and God had to intervene. Right?
And Muslims level the charge of corruptions against Christians for corrupting the Scriptures of Jews through their Old Testament copy.
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
One can see how absurd that is. It means that: Jesus was the Wonderful Counselor. Jesus was Mighty God. Jesus was the Everlasting Father. Jesus was the Prince of Peace. Quite preposterous. Right?
Was he the Wonderful Counsellor? Was he the Mighty God? Was he the Everlasting Father?
So, what was he?
5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
So, God the Mighty and Wondrous Adviser and the Everlasting Father called the boy "the prince of peace."
Waht do you think?
rabbee: oh this keeps getting, weirder by the instant. that if all this responsibility, is on my shoulders. then you are all in a lot worse condition, than you don't even want think about.

when even the mighty and wondrous adviser, and the everlasting father, and prince of peace. is talking to the bunch of non-wonderful advisors, self mighty advisers, non listening anti-peace clowns there is. what is the point of having a wondrous advisor, that no wondrous listener intends to listen to?

why don't G-D replace, you all with bricks without straw? so i would at least, stand a chance of being heard. i mean i have seen, smarter rocks than this. and the funny thing about it is, Yeseeah never said anyone was going to listen. any more than they, listened to him at that time. wait until after there dead, so you can all lie about what it means.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, Seeker.
Show me.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes the Hebrew scriptures believable is that the players and prophets make mistakes, like we would expect from fallible humans. Look at Solomon. But the Jews didn't cover that up and wipe it out to make their prophets all look perfect. And the Quran does not just accuse them of following their Rabbis, it accuses them of altering the scriptures themselves so that none of them can be trusted and therefore believed, and it makes the Quran the only suitable REPLACEMENT, not addition.

5:13
"But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of

2:75
Do you then hope that they would believe in you, and a party from among them indeed used to hear the Word of Allah, then altered it after they had understood it, and they know (this).

5:41
....from among those who are Jews; they are listeners for the sake of a lie, listeners for another people who have not come to you; they alter the words from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious;
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so there is no charge of corruption of the NT? We can trust that?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian version
9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

It's the same basic thing you dummy. It is 9:6 in the Christian version because someone took the last verse of Isaiah 8, 8:23, and made it 9:1. There is no 8:23 in the Christian version, but there is an 8:23 in the Jewish version. 8:23 was moved to 9:1 in the Christian version. Big deal? Why didn't you check that? Who tells you this crap?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Waht do you think?
That was your big bomb?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

And BMZ, do you want to know the funny part? Here's a Jewish source that gives the Hebrew on one side, and the English translation on the other. But curiously, when it came to the Mighty God, Prince of Peace part, they don't translate that into English, they just give the transliteration, while all the rest is in regular English. Hmmmmm..... And it's probably because the verse clearly DOES point to Jesus. Now they didn't lie, they just refused to give the actual English for that part. Interesting.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1009.htm
"5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;"

They aren't lying at all, but they are kind of hiding it.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
And BMZ, do you want to know the funny part? Here's a Jewish source that gives the Hebrew on one side, and the English translation on the other. But curiously, when it came to the Mighty God, Prince of Peace part, they don't translate that into English, they just give the transliteration, while all the rest is in regular English. Hmmmmm..... And it's probably because the verse clearly DOES point to Jesus.

Now they didn't lie, they just refused to give the actual English for that part. Interesting.

"5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;"
They aren't lying at all, but they are kind of hiding it.
Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom, means "the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

If my name means "The one whom Allah helped", it does not mean that I am Allah.

For example, Immanuel means "God with us". It does not mean that all persons by that name were Gods with us.

The Jews did not hide anything. The Christians distorted their verses, Seeker.

Was Jesus ever called the Mighty God? Was he ever called the Everlasting Father? Obviously not!
No name

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

1/the result precedes the cause:
genesis:
[3] And God said: Let there be light! And there was light.[4] And God saw that the light was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.[5] God called the light Day, and the darkness he called night. And there was evening and there was morning were the first day.
==========
[16] And God made two great lights, the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to rule the night: he made &#8203;&#8203;the stars also.[17] And God set them in the firmament of heaven to give light upon the earth,[18] to rule the day and the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good.[19] Thus there was evening and there was morning were the fourth day
==========

qst: how it is that the result (day / night ==> 1 day) precedes the cause (sun ===> 4th day)?

to follow ...
Report this post
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me.
<quoted text>
What makes the Hebrew scriptures believable is that the players and prophets make mistakes, like we would expect from fallible humans. Look at Solomon. But the Jews didn't cover that up and wipe it out to make their prophets all look perfect. And the Quran does not just accuse them of following their Rabbis, it accuses them of altering the scriptures themselves so that none of them can be trusted and therefore believed, and it makes the Quran the only suitable REPLACEMENT, not addition.
5:13
"But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of
2:75
Do you then hope that they would believe in you, and a party from among them indeed used to hear the Word of Allah, then altered it after they had understood it, and they know (this).
5:41
....from among those who are Jews; they are listeners for the sake of a lie, listeners for another people who have not come to you; they alter the words from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious;
<quoted text>
Oh, so there is no charge of corruption of the NT? We can trust that?
<quoted text>
No, not at all.
<quoted text>
Christian version
9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
It's the same basic thing you dummy. It is 9:6 in the Christian version because someone took the last verse of Isaiah 8, 8:23, and made it 9:1. There is no 8:23 in the Christian version, but there is an 8:23 in the Jewish version. 8:23 was moved to 9:1 in the Christian version. Big deal? Why didn't you check that? Who tells you this crap?
<quoted text>
I just did.
<quoted text>
That was your big bomb?
I was not discussing 8:23 and neither did I talk about the difference in numbers.

How can you defend the crap in 9:6 of the Isaiah in OT, when it is such a glaring forgery and distortion?

It was one of the many bombs.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh this keeps getting, weirder by the instant. that if all this responsibility, is on my shoulders. then you are all in a lot worse condition, than you don't even want think about.
when even the mighty and wondrous adviser, and the everlasting father, and prince of peace. is talking to the bunch of non-wonderful advisors, self mighty advisers, non listening anti-peace clowns there is. what is the point of having a wondrous advisor, that no wondrous listener intends to listen to?
why don't G-D replace, you all with bricks without straw? so i would at least, stand a chance of being heard. i mean i have seen, smarter rocks than this. and the funny thing about it is, Yeseeah never said anyone was going to listen. any more than they, listened to him at that time. wait until after there dead, so you can all lie about what it means.
We are discussing the fraud and forgeries in the Old Testament. Is G-d aware of theUnholyForgeries in theOldTestament by the subtle beasts of the Church field of Christians, Rabbee? Or has he fallen asleep in theGanEden?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

And here is another fact BMZ

Here is Isaiah 7 From the hebrew scriptures
14 Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.

The only difference is that the word virgin is used. But if she wasn't a virgin, then how could it be a sign? "Young" woman being a sign is written as virgin, which seems correct to me. Young women plus sign equals virgin. So I see no problem there at all. It's just a clarification but the meaning was not changed at all.

And do you realize what Emmanuel means? It means God with us or God is with us. So not only did Jesus claim what the Gospels say he claimed, it's even in Isaiah. He was fulfilling Isaiah. It's in the Hebrew scriptures as well. But the Jews try to make it seem like this just means that God is protecting us.

But look at the next verse
15 Curd and honey shall he eat, when he knoweth to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

And this is the Hebrew version. Jews know that things like this are in their scriptures, but they don't try to dishonestly alter them. They don't do that to their scriptures. They just try not to talk about some verses or try to give any different interpretation that they can. Because if the verses mean what they clearly seem to mean, that would mean that they killed the son with the name "God is with us" referenced in Isaiah. So you don't expect them to say that, do you? I would resist saying that if I were Jewish as well and would try to find any alternative meaning that I could, and that's what they do.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not discussing 8:23 and neither did I talk about the difference in numbers.
How can you defend the crap in 9:6 of the Isaiah in OT, when it is such a glaring forgery and distortion?
What forgery and distortion? 9:5 from the Hebrew scriptures says the same basic thing as 9:6 from the Christian version. There is only a discrepancy in the verse numbers and that's because the Christian version moved 8:23, the last verse in the Hebrew scriptures, to 9:1. There is no 8:23 in the Christian version, it ends at 8:22, but the Hebrew version has an 8:23, and that verse is found in 9:1 of the Christian version. That's why 9:5 in the Hebrew version became 9:6 in the Christian version. Is that some sort of big forgery? NO, not at all, the verses are all still there and in the same order. Who cares whether it is the last verse of 8 or the first verse of 9? they are all still there and say the same basic thing.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Here we go BMZ
Hebrew version:
5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;

Christian version:
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah is not the forgery, bmz. The new testament is. The OT will be completely and literally fulfilled by the Messiah, the only prophecies Jesus fulfilled were those about the idol of Israel. He had a tremendous effect on the religious world and Jesus is prohecied in the OT. It's good the prophetic scriptures are not generally understood. The best way to guarantee their fulfillment is ignorance.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the prophecy came true.
Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up Shamma.
Jews and Muslims NEVER worship idols.
Jews and Muslims believe ONLY in God as their saviour instead of worshipping naked pagans on phallus.
Yes our works as directed by God must help us improve our chances!
Jews and Muslims worship God instead of naked pagans on poles.
Jews and Muslims have to work HARD to please God instead of arrogantly assuming that God will save them because they celebrate the MURDER of a poor Jewish man 2000 years ago.
God accepts Jews and Muslims who pray ONLY to God.
Jews and Muslims give lip service to God and it is rejected by God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The covenant that will be written on their hearts just means they will be diligent to observe it. They will live and fulfill the law instead of just paying it lip service. Jesus' only commandment was to love each other but there is a lot more to righteousness than that. And Jesus did not fulfill every statute and judgment in the law during his life.
Wrong!
Jesus fulfilled all the prophecy in the OT, and the rest will be fulfilled at His second coming.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that, Seeker, but it has nothing to do with the Messiah. It suggests as if they were never Torah-observant.
Under the new covenant as suggested in Jeremiah, to which Christians refer to heavily, I ahev this to ask:
Are the Christians really Torah-Observant, if Jeremiah's prophesy were true? Why should they even quote it?
The New Covenant was made with the House of Judah.
Jesus came for the lost sheep of the Jews, and brought them in by the Apostles.
Paul was commissioned by Jesus to preach to the Gentiles.
Peter, John and the other Apostles preached in lands where the lost sheep of the Jews were scattered.
That is why there is not much written in the Gospels about where the Apostles went.
This link addresses that issue.
http://www.ensignmessage.com/archives/twelvea...
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We are discussing the fraud and forgeries in the Old Testament. Is G-d aware of theUnholyForgeries in theOldTestament by the subtle beasts of the Church field of Christians, Rabbee? Or has he fallen asleep in theGanEden?
rabbee: if G-D was not aware of it, then why did G-D give to me such a harsh judgment of this whole world? the message i most certainly, wanted to try to avoid giving. sorry G-D did not exempt, any of you as being true, righteous, or holy. this judgment from G-D, is far more horrible and frightening than you could imagine. and i am trying to be, a lot nicer about it than G-D.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom, means "the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
If my name means "The one whom Allah helped", it does not mean that I am Allah.
For example, Immanuel means "God with us". It does not mean that all persons by that name were Gods with us.
The Jews did not hide anything. The Christians distorted their verses, Seeker.
Was Jesus ever called the Mighty God? Was he ever called the Everlasting Father? Obviously not!
There are some 200 names and titles of Christ found in the Bible. Following are some of the more prominent ones, organized in three sections relating to names that reflect the nature of Christ, His position in the tri-unity of God, and His work on earth on our behalf.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

There are some 200 names and titles of Christ found in the Bible. Following are some of the more prominent ones, organized in three sections relating to names that reflect the nature of Christ, His position in the tri-unity of God, and His work on earth on our behalf.

The Nature of Christ
Chief Cornerstone:(Ephesians 2:20)– Jesus is the cornerstone of the building which is His church. He cements together Jew and Gentile, male and female—all saints from all ages and places into one structure built on faith in Him which is shared by all.

Firstborn over all creation:(Colossians 1:15)– Not the first thing God created, as some incorrectly claim, because verse 16 says all things were created through and for Christ. Rather, the meaning is that Christ occupies the rank and pre-eminence of the first-born over all things, that He sustains the most exalted rank in the universe; He is pre-eminent above all others; He is at the head of all things.

Head of the Church:(Ephesians 1:22; 4:15; 5:23)– Jesus Christ, not a king or a pope, is the only supreme, sovereign ruler of the Church—those for whom He died and who have placed their faith in Him alone for salvation.

Holy One:(Acts 3:14; Psalm 16:10)– Christ is holy, both in his divine and human nature, and the fountain of holiness to His people. By His death, we are made holy and pure before God.

Judge:(Acts 10:42; 2 Timothy 4:8)– The Lord Jesus was appointed by God to judge the world and to dispense the rewards of eternity.

King of kings and Lord of lords:(1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16)– Jesus has dominion over all authority on the earth, over all kings and rulers, and none can prevent Him from accomplishing His purposes. He directs them as He pleases.

Light of the World:(John 8:12)– Jesus came into a world darkened by sin and shed the light of life and truth through His work and His words. Those who trust in Him have their eyes opened by Him and walk in the light.

Prince of peace:(Isaiah 9:6)– Jesus came not to bring peace to the world as in the absence of war, but peace between God and man who were separated by sin. He died to reconcile sinners to a holy God.

Son of God:(Luke 1:35; John 1:49)– Jesus is the “only begotten of the Father”(John 1:14). Used 42 times in the New Testament,“Son of God” affirms the deity of Christ.

Son of man:(John 5:27)– Used as a contrast to “Son of God” this phrase affirms the humanity of Christ which exists alongside His divinity.

Word:(John 1:1; 1 John 5:7-8)– The Word is the second Person of the triune God, who said it and it was done, who spoke all things out of nothing in the first creation, who was in the beginning with God the Father, and was God, and by whom all things were created.

Word of God:(Revelation 19:12-13)– This is the name given to Christ that is unknown to all but Himself. It denotes the mystery of His divine person.

Word of Life:(1 John 1:1)– Jesus not only spoke words that lead to eternal life, but according to this verse He is the very words of life, referring to the eternal life of joy and fulfillment which He provides.

His position in the trinity
Alpha and Omega:(Revelation 1:8; 22:13)– Jesus declared Himself to be the beginning and end of all things, a reference to no one but the true God. This statement of eternality could apply only to God.

Emmanuel:(Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:23)– Literally “God with us.” Both Isaiah and Matthew affirm that the Christ who would be born in Bethlehem would be God Himself who came to earth in the form of a man to live among His people.

I Am:(John 8:58, with Exodus 3:14)– When Jesus ascribed to Himself this title, the Jews tried to stone Him for blasphemy. They understood that He was declaring Himself to be the eternal God, the unchanging Jehovah of the Old Testament.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Continued:

Lord of All:(Acts 10:36)– Jesus is the sovereign ruler over the whole world and all things in it, of all the nations of the world, and particularly of the people of God's choosing, Gentiles as well as Jews.

True God:(1 John 5:20)– This is a direct assertion that Jesus, being the true God, is not only divine, but is the Divine. Since the Bible teaches there is only one God, this can only be describing His nature as part of the triune God.

His Work on earth
Author and Perfecter of our Faith:(Hebrews 12:2)– Salvation is accomplished through the faith that is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9) and Jesus is the founder of our faith and the finisher of it as well. From first to last, He is the source and sustainer of the faith that saves us.

Bread of Life:(John 6:35; 6:48)– Just as bread sustains life in the physical sense, Jesus is the Bread that gives and sustains eternal life. God provided manna in the wilderness to feed His people and He provided Jesus to give us eternal life through His body, broken for us.

Bridegroom:(Matthew 9:15)– The picture of Christ as the Bridegroom and the Church as His Bride reveals the special relationship we have with Him. We are bound to each other in a covenant of grace that cannot be broken.

Deliverer:(Romans 11:26)– Just as the Israelites needed God to deliver them from bondage to Egypt, so Christ is our Deliverer from the bondage of sin.

Good Shepherd:(John 10:11,14)– In Bible times, a good shepherd was willing to risk his own life to protect his sheep from predators. Jesus laid down His life for His sheep, and He cares for and nurtures and feeds us.

High Priest:(Hebrews 2:17)– The Jewish high priest entered the Temple once a year to make atonement for the sins of the people. The Lord Jesus performed that function for His people once for all at the cross.

Lamb of God:(John 1:29)– God’s Law called for the sacrifice of a spotless, unblemished Lamb as an atonement for sin. Jesus became that Lamb led meekly to the slaughter, showing His patience in His sufferings and His readiness to die for His own.

Mediator:(1 Timothy 2:5)– A mediator is one who goes between two parties to reconcile them. Christ is the one and only Mediator who reconciles men and God. Praying to Mary or the saints is idolatry because it bypasses this most important role of Christ and ascribes the role of Mediator to another.

Rock:(1 Corinthians 10:4)– As life-giving water flowed from the rock Moses struck in the wilderness, Jesus is the Rock from which flow the living waters of eternal life. He is the Rock upon whom we build our spiritual houses, so that no storm can shake them.

Resurrection and Life:(John 11:25)– Embodied within Jesus is the means to resurrect sinners to eternal life, just as He was resurrected from the grave. Our sin is buried with Him and we are resurrected to walk in newness of life.

Savior:(Matthew 1:21; Luke 2:11)– He saves His people by dying to redeem them, by giving the Holy Spirit to renew them by His power, by enabling them to overcome their spiritual enemies, by sustaining them in trials and in death, and by raising them up at the last day.

True Vine:(John 15:1)– The True Vine supplies all that the branches (believers) need to produce the fruit of the Spirit— the living water of salvation and nourishment from the Word.

Way, Truth, Life:(John 14:6)– Jesus is the only path to God, the only Truth in a world of lies, and the only true source of eternal life. He embodies all three in both a temporal and an eternal sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 170,321 - 170,340 of198,664
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... 14 hr Jonny Paycheck 1
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
Oldest case of Down's syndrome from medieval Fr... Jul 4 Nulli Secubdus 1
Great Circle dig wowing archaeologists Jun 30 Duke for Mayor 3
Remains of ancient child reburied in Montana Jun 29 Quiet Transplant 2
•••
•••