Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253483 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180932 Jun 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Torah can be found only in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy. How can Numbers be a part of Torah? Genesis is story only.
Yes, I always do my home work and that is why I asked if the Christians are Torah-observant? They are not.
Also, Jeremiah talks about the House of Israel only, not outsiders. So, Christianity is out.
rabbee: well you left out the little book that we are all presently here in again called Bereeeshees in Bereeesheet. and you all still are in denial, of what little book actually happens next, after this one in Bereeesheet. because the whole world again, has all denied G-D here in TheTorah Happening.

you can't even admit, just what story TheG-D of Only TheTorah is giving here in IT again. cause you all errantly think, TheG-D of Only TheTorah is a liar. and that all of you, are so right with your not being here in TheOnly Story TheG-D of TheTorah promised to give.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180933 Jun 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You got it back wards Alex.
Jews and Muslims worship them self as idols.
Jews and Muslims rely on them self to get to heaven.
Jews and Muslims believe they don't need God as their Savior.
Jews and Muslims believe by their works they can save them self.
Jews and Muslims are void of the Spirit of God in their life.
Jews and Muslims lip service to God.
And God rejects their lip service.
Wake up Shamma.
Jews and Muslims NEVER worship idols.
Jews and Muslims believe ONLY in God as their saviour instead of worshipping naked pagans on phallus.
Yes our works as directed by God must help us improve our chances!
Jews and Muslims worship God instead of naked pagans on poles.
Jews and Muslims have to work HARD to please God instead of arrogantly assuming that God will save them because they celebrate the MURDER of a poor Jewish man 2000 years ago.
God accepts Jews and Muslims who pray ONLY to God.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180934 Jun 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what they did with the body if they didn't eat it. According to Jesus' instructions they were supposed to eat it but did they at least cook it? And they probably gave the bones to the dogs.
lol..
The mind boggles, Susan.
Did "st killer" Paul eat the whole "lamb" on his way to damascus after killing off the original disciples?
I don't trust that "st" killer paul either.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180935 Jun 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Alex. You got that right.
That was a very important point. And Christians miss that. What is the use of quoting a part of a Scripture, when one does not observant that Scripture and her prime requirements?
There is respect for that scripture and it is considered a legitimate covenant, but there is also a new covenant, unlike the one that lead the Jews out of Israel. It's right there in Jeremiah. Christians do not level the charge of corruption against the scriptures of the Jews and they respect their validity and that there was a prior covenant that was legitimate at it's time. But Muslims do level the charge of corruption, and therefore attempt to wipe out the Jewish scriptures and replace them with the Quran.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180936 Jun 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus did not rise on the third day. In fact, he did not rise at all. And nobody can die for your sin except you. There is no substitutionary atonement. The wicked go to hell and do not get a second chance.
Agreed.
The oldest of their own books stops at 16:8.
But the crooks decided to add a few more verses to "raise" BJ!
Now we know that the "raising" is a big con.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180937 Jun 24, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a pleasure, bro AND you own that "seeker" boy now!
Salaams.
Sorry to disappoint you, but that didn't happen. The Torah is the five books of Moses. The Tanukh are the rest and the Tanukh has the book of Jeremiah in it. The only reason I kept referencing the Torah is because that is what rabbee keeps referencing. I don't know why, but that's what he does. So I just use the term that he uses.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180938 Jun 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, bro.
I like this style and the line of questioning.
Nice. You make the polemicists speechless!
I call that the "Narrow Gate" approach. If Jesus were reading your posts, he would have gone to your place and sat on your right hand and would be watching you exchanging thoughts with folks, who do not understand their own Bible.
Salaams
BMZ
Thank you very much, bro for your nice remarks.
I would love to welcome Jesus so he can sit on my right hand and have real quality tea, cucumber sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, griddled scones with honey....and more.. while watching me exchange thoughts with folks who don't understand their own "bible"
Salaams
Alex WM
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180939 Jun 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you, but that didn't happen. The Torah is the five books of Moses. The Tanukh are the rest and the Tanukh has the book of Jeremiah in it. The only reason I kept referencing the Torah is because that is what rabbee keeps referencing. I don't know why, but that's what he does. So I just use the term that he uses.
You posted TWO comments and both were WRONG.
You still can't even work it out.
Go back and sulk will you.
You are owned by BMZ.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180940 Jun 24, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The oldest of their own books stops at 16:8.
But the crooks decided to add a few more verses to "raise" BJ!
Now we know that the "raising" is a big con.
Look, if you really want to study the back and forth debate about this and the for and against, then here is an extensive article about it. But we both know that you have the attention span of a moth.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/endmark.html#...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180941 Jun 24, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted TWO comments and both were WRONG.
Well why don't you just post the wrong comments? I never said I was perfect. I can make mistakes, especially about Judaism because I am not a Jew, and unlike you, I can admit it if I do. So post them and point out the error.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180942 Jun 24, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Rabbee...
Are you suggesting that the Jewish elders of today who still bow down only to ONE true G-d are lying about G-d?
They may not have accepted Jesus as Messiah, but they continue to worship G-d instead of naked men on poles
You need help.
rabbee: what ever gives you the idea, they or anyone else are bowing down to TheOnly True G-D? or do you seriously suggest, that everyone on earth has not the ability to lie?

what makes you think, there is anyone on this planet of all liars, telling the real truth. as i am telling you, i am not one of the seven billions in need of help. when you all lie, about this story of Adam all happening again, here in TheTorah.

this is the exact same thing, that happened the last time, G-D gave this story of Adam here in TheTorah. and you are all the same reason, G-D twice before has nearly destroyed it all in the flood.

and all of you all and your grandmother are not the first, third or fouth set of idiots to have done this. in your always pretending, TheG-D of Only TheTorah is not giving it forever now. with G-D giving TheTorah, as you all denounce G-D, and deny being here in TheTorah thrice again.

so do not try to delude me, with your false thinking - that G-D or i need any of your anti-help helping. this whole world is not sane, with all of you not here in TheTorah delusions again.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180943 Jun 24, 2013
there is but one accounting, that TheG-D of Only TheTorah has ever given. and not one of you believe you are here, in The-Only-Accounting G-D HIMSELF ever actually gave. when TheOne G-D gave to us all, is TheOne we are all actually here in.

this is not the story, of the second coming of anyone named jesus. this is the story of the second coming of Adam. with all of you believing in, lying talking critters rather than G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180944 Jun 24, 2013
The Re-accounting that G-D gave to Moshe, is TheOne we are actually all here in.

so do not tell me TheG-D, of Only TheTorah. is the liar, with all of your not here in TheTorah delusional lying. for not one of your believe in TheG-D, here in TheTorah agains.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180945 Jun 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
there is but one accounting, that TheG-D of Only TheTorah has ever given. and not one of you believe you are here, in The-Only-Accounting G-D HIMSELF ever actually gave. when TheOne G-D gave to us all, is TheOne we are all actually here in.
this is not the story, of the second coming of anyone named jesus. this is the story of the second coming of Adam. with all of you believing in, lying talking critters rather than G-D.
LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180946 Jun 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
The Re-accounting that G-D gave to Moshe, is TheOne we are actually all here in.
so do not tell me TheG-D, of Only TheTorah. is the liar, with all of your not here in TheTorah delusional lying. for not one of your believe in TheG-D, here in TheTorah agains.
"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone."

doo doo doo doo
doo doo doo doo
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180947 Jun 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone."
doo doo doo doo
doo doo doo doo
rabbee: well i am not the one, in another dementia that G-D never gave. i only accept, what is true from G-D. and none of your other scriptures, are truly from G-D. a dementia, may seem like another dimension, but it isn't really. it's more like, the mary poppins now you see it and now you don't quantum theory.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180948 Jun 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i am not the one, in another dementia that G-D never gave. i only accept, what is true from G-D. and none of your other scriptures, are truly from G-D. a dementia, may seem like another dimension, but it isn't really. it's more like, the mary poppins now you see it and now you don't quantum theory.
okay, thanks.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#180949 Jun 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Christians do not level the charge of corruption against the scriptures of the Jews and they respect their validity and that there was a prior covenant that was legitimate at it's time.

But Muslims do level the charge of corruption, and therefore attempt to wipe out the Jewish scriptures and replace them with the Quran.
Interesting, Seeker.

Christians do not level the charge of corruption against the Scriptures of the Jews because they have already corrupted them. They need the Jewish Holy Scriptures to refer to but they refer through the forgery known as the Old Testament.

And they tell not only us but also the Jews that their copy has the correct meanings and interpretation but that IS NOT true at all.

The corruption by Jews in their Scriptures, is a different matter. Qur'aan accuses them of adding in stories, which were not revealed by God and accuses them of following their Rabbis, who differed.
Stories such as Genesis 38, Lot's daughters, Abraham lying to folks by saying that Sarah was his sister so that she could be safe, when that did not help at all and God had to intervene. Right?

And Muslims level the charge of corruptions against Christians for corrupting the Scriptures of Jews through their Old Testament copy.

For example, the Christians will quote us Isaiah 9:6 from their copy OT:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

One can see how absurd that is. It means that: Jesus was the Wonderful Counselor. Jesus was Mighty God. Jesus was the Everlasting Father. Jesus was the Prince of Peace. Quite preposterous. Right?

Was he the Wonderful Counsellor? Was he the Mighty God? Was he the Everlasting Father?

So, what was he?

The correct answer lies in Isaiah 9:5 of the Jewish Holy Scriptures:

5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

So, God the Mighty and Wondrous Adviser and the Everlasting Father called the boy "the prince of peace."

How can a Christian deny the fact that I have shown?

I have just shown you one forgery in the OT. There are many.

Waht do you think?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180950 Jun 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, Seeker.
Christians do not level the charge of corruption against the Scriptures of the Jews because they have already corrupted them. They need the Jewish Holy Scriptures to refer to but they refer through the forgery known as the Old Testament.
And they tell not only us but also the Jews that their copy has the correct meanings and interpretation but that IS NOT true at all.
The corruption by Jews in their Scriptures, is a different matter. Qur'aan accuses them of adding in stories, which were not revealed by God and accuses them of following their Rabbis, who differed.
Stories such as Genesis 38, Lot's daughters, Abraham lying to folks by saying that Sarah was his sister so that she could be safe, when that did not help at all and God had to intervene. Right?
And Muslims level the charge of corruptions against Christians for corrupting the Scriptures of Jews through their Old Testament copy.
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
One can see how absurd that is. It means that: Jesus was the Wonderful Counselor. Jesus was Mighty God. Jesus was the Everlasting Father. Jesus was the Prince of Peace. Quite preposterous. Right?
Was he the Wonderful Counsellor? Was he the Mighty God? Was he the Everlasting Father?
So, what was he?
5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
So, God the Mighty and Wondrous Adviser and the Everlasting Father called the boy "the prince of peace."
Waht do you think?
rabbee: oh this keeps getting, weirder by the instant. that if all this responsibility, is on my shoulders. then you are all in a lot worse condition, than you don't even want think about.

when even the mighty and wondrous adviser, and the everlasting father, and prince of peace. is talking to the bunch of non-wonderful advisors, self mighty advisers, non listening anti-peace clowns there is. what is the point of having a wondrous advisor, that no wondrous listener intends to listen to?

why don't G-D replace, you all with bricks without straw? so i would at least, stand a chance of being heard. i mean i have seen, smarter rocks than this. and the funny thing about it is, Yeseeah never said anyone was going to listen. any more than they, listened to him at that time. wait until after there dead, so you can all lie about what it means.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180951 Jun 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, Seeker.
Show me.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes the Hebrew scriptures believable is that the players and prophets make mistakes, like we would expect from fallible humans. Look at Solomon. But the Jews didn't cover that up and wipe it out to make their prophets all look perfect. And the Quran does not just accuse them of following their Rabbis, it accuses them of altering the scriptures themselves so that none of them can be trusted and therefore believed, and it makes the Quran the only suitable REPLACEMENT, not addition.

5:13
"But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of

2:75
Do you then hope that they would believe in you, and a party from among them indeed used to hear the Word of Allah, then altered it after they had understood it, and they know (this).

5:41
....from among those who are Jews; they are listeners for the sake of a lie, listeners for another people who have not come to you; they alter the words from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious;
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so there is no charge of corruption of the NT? We can trust that?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian version
9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

It's the same basic thing you dummy. It is 9:6 in the Christian version because someone took the last verse of Isaiah 8, 8:23, and made it 9:1. There is no 8:23 in the Christian version, but there is an 8:23 in the Jewish version. 8:23 was moved to 9:1 in the Christian version. Big deal? Why didn't you check that? Who tells you this crap?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Waht do you think?
That was your big bomb?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CitiesÂ’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul 23 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul 23 Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web