Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253972 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180711 Jun 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Muslims and Hindus killing each other? Law of cause and effect at work. LOL.
For every action, there is a reaction. Live by the sword, die by the sword, as they say, and as Jesus said.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180712 Jun 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
3) RATIONALIST: Why do you say the universe was created from nothing?
What is the origin? Can the human mind possibly conceive of and live in a world where everything in that world has an origin but that world itself has no origin? That is every bit as absurd as postulating a non created creator. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, but that statement is sometimes misleading. It cannot be created or destroyed once it has been created. What it really means is that you cannot have more or less energy once energy has been created. Energy can only be redistributed. This is the logic aspect of the question that so many ignore. To say that energy simply always existed is no less absurd than postulating a non created creator. In fact, it is more absurd, because energy is within material creation itself, and therefore logically needs a cause or origin. If we postulate a non created creator, it must be outside of creation itself, or else it would have a cause or origin, and therefore could not be considered non caused or uncreated. Both are beyond the conceptualizing mind, but in my opinion, one is less absurd than the other and at least makes more rational sense rather than contradicting the rules of created things in the material world, or existence, or the universe.

I don't think that the RATIONALIST in this example really did his homework. There is no answer that will ever fit into rationality. It is beyond rationality itself. The essence or origin of life and/or existence itself is an unsolvable mind f*ck that cannot be grasped by the conceptualizing or rational mind. In order to understand anything, we need a context to do so. But existence, or the universe, or whatever word you choose, is the ULTIMATE original context that allows for the mental concept of context itself. The creator of context itself. You cannot put that which allows for context inside of itself to use as a context within itself. That is a logic flaw and people don't realize that it is.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180713 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee,
You live in theGanEden. Have you ever seen the three of Christianity walking and talking together?
rabbee: i have seen both of my PARENT, i am again in agreement with again. but without knowing the meaning, of Yehoshooah Hoo VHee, you'll refuse to understand the proposed Yeshooah Hoo VHee. for you cannot explain, what you do not fully understand.

even if the christians pretend to, they also still do not. to pretend to understand, that which you don't, is only called truly lying. for even the jews, who pretend to know G-D don't either. in this world, trying to understand everything except G-D. since without G-D, you understand the nothing in oblivion. for the whole world, has set their sails against THE WIND.

for like all religions, their religious vanity barrier keeps them out of touch. forget the religious illusionary superiority, of one religion against another for you are all for still not. not even close to being true to G-D, here in always TheTorah. in this world that has never even made it half way, between HEAVEN and hell. i have seen PARADISE, and have found you all lacking in this.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180714 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Abd-Al Masih?
This is the problem with Christians. Do you even know what Abd-Al Masih means?
It means Slave or Servant of Jesus. That fool should at least call himself Abd Al Elohim or Abdul Elohim or Abdul Hashem, if he worships the true God.
I suggest he calls himself Abdul Father.
Jesus need not be worshipped because he was a puny man. Worship the Creator not the creature.
Jesus was Abd-Allah or Abdullah, meaning Slave or Servant of Allah, the LORD almighty God.
Muslims should never tell the Christians that their God and the God of Christians is the same.
The Christian God is a Trinity, which is absurd, monstrous and preposterous. It does not exist.
rabbee: so? the problem with all jews, christians and muslems is - they all still do not know, what Yeshooah Hoo VHee means. they all still, cannot even pronounce it. even the jews have an excuse why they, don't pronounce The-Tetragrammen. for it is not, because they truly know how. but Adam is still, The Creator of all of you. and yet you all, know noting about Benee Adam either. and what you truly know nothing about, truly you all lie about as if you do.

do any of you really think, your going to fool G-D? to take any of you, into the gates of GanEden. while hiding in the religious bellies, of your own vain golden trojan calves. with all the religions pretending, their golden trojan calf is prettier than all the others.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#180715 Jun 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It "probably" has nothing to do with that. I have made database driven websites for a living. You didn't see my post where I discussed this with another poster who seemed to have more insight into this behavior. The database either "hiccups" sometimes or it could be an anti spambot feature.
<quoted text>
I do that, and that was in my discussion with the other guy. But if you do it too quickly, one after the other, from the same ip address, it might think it's a spambot and might block it. It's a possibility. Many sites try to have protection against spambots where they can post 3 ormore long messages in a row in too short of a timespan.
Ok. I will copy and paste Shamma's silly and idiotic posts in a row and see if the nonstop posting can go easily.
bmz

Singapore

#180716 Jun 22, 2013
@Seeker

On second thought, I will post something else several times to test the system.

To: Topix Moderator, if there is one

Dear Moderator,

Having read about a poster's problem, I will be posting several posts in a row.

Please do not consider this as spamming.

Thanks and best regards
BMZ
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180717 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why did the barbarian Christians slaughter millions of Jews and even burned them alive and boiled them in oil?
Which true God are you talking about?
You do not worship the true God. You worship a 3-in-1 abomination.
rabbee: well so what - if some of you have done a better job than others, getting us all here in hell. you all can't still admit the truth, you are all still responsible for it. and the same kind of thinking that got us all here in hell, is not going to get any of us out of it. but it sure as hell, can make it a lot worse.
bmz

Singapore

#180718 Jun 22, 2013
“There are few things more dangerous than inbred religious certainty.”
&#8213; Bart D. Ehrman, God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question-Why We Suffer

“Different authors have different points of view. You can't just say,'I believe in the Bible.”
&#8213; Bart D. Ehrman

“One of the most amazing and perplexing features of mainstream Christianity is that seminarians who learn the historical-critical method in their Bible classes appear to forget all about it when it comes time for them to be pastors.

They are taught critical approaches to Scripture, they learn about the discrepancies and contradictions, they discover all sorts of historical errors and mistakes, they come to realize that it is difficult to know whether Moses existed or what Jesus actually said and did, they find that there are other books that were at one time considered canonical but that ultimately did not become part of Scripture (for example, other Gospels and Apocalypses), they come to recognize that a good number of the books of the Bible are pseudonymous (for example, written in the name of an apostle by someone else), that in fact we don't have the original copies of any of the biblical books but only copies made centuries later, all of which have been altered.

They learn all of this, and yet when they enter church ministry they appear to put it back on the shelf. For reasons I will explore in the conclusion, pastors are, as a rule, reluctant to teach what they learned about the Bible in seminary.”

&#8213; Bart D. Ehrman, Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible {and Why We Don't Know About Them}

“In terms of the historical record, I should also point out that there is no account in any ancient source whatsoever about King Herod slaughtering children in or around Bethlehem, or anyplace else. No other author, biblical or otherwise, mentions this event. Is it, like John's account of Jesus' death, a detail made up by Matthew in order to make some kind of theological point?”
&#8213; Bart D. Ehrman, Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible {and Why We Don't Know About Them}

“The historical problems with Luke are even more pronounced.

For one thing, we have relatively good records for the reign of Caesar Augustus, and there is no mention anywhere in any of them of an empire-wide census for which everyone had to register by returning to their ancestral home.

And how could such a thing even be imagined? Joesph returns to Bethlehem because his ancestor David was born there. But David lived a thousand years before Joseph.

Are we to imagine that everyone in the Roman Empire was required to return to the homes of their ancestors from a thousand years earlier? If we had a new worldwide census today and each of us had to return to the towns of our ancestors a thousand years back—where would you go?

Can you imagine the total disruption of human life that this kind of universal exodus would require? And can you imagine that such a project would never be mentioned in any of the newspapers?

There is not a single reference to any such census in any ancient source, apart from Luke.

Why then does Luke say there was such a census? The answer may seem obvious to you.

He wanted Jesus to be born in Bethlehem, even though he knew he came from Nazareth ... there is a prophecy in the Old Testament book of Micah that a savior would come from Bethlehem.

What were these Gospel writer to do with the fact that it was widely known that Jesus came from Nazareth?

They had to come up with a narrative that explained how he came from Nazareth, in Galilee, a little one-horse town that no one had ever heard of, but was born in Bethlehem, the home of King David, royal ancestor of the Messiah.”

bmz

Singapore

#180719 Jun 22, 2013

Bart D. Ehrman, God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question-Why We Suffer

“Different authors have different points of view. You can't just say,'I believe in the Bible.” Bart D. Ehrman

“One of the most amazing and perplexing features of mainstream Christianity is that seminarians who learn the historical-critical method in their Bible classes appear to forget all about it when it comes time for them to be pastors.

They are taught critical approaches to Scripture, they learn about the discrepancies and contradictions, they discover all sorts of historical errors and mistakes, they come to realize that it is difficult to know whether Moses existed or what Jesus actually said and did, they find that there are other books that were at one time considered canonical but that ultimately did not become part of Scripture (for example, other Gospels and Apocalypses), they come to recognize that a good number of the books of the Bible are pseudonymous (for example, written in the name of an apostle by someone else), that in fact we don't have the original copies of any of the biblical books but only copies made centuries later, all of which have been altered.

They learn all of this, and yet when they enter church ministry they appear to put it back on the shelf. For reasons I will explore in the conclusion, pastors are, as a rule, reluctant to teach what they learned about the Bible in seminary.”

“In terms of the historical record, I should also point out that there is no account in any ancient source whatsoever about King Herod slaughtering children in or around Bethlehem, or anyplace else. No other author, biblical or otherwise, mentions this event. Is it, like John's account of Jesus' death, a detail made up by Matthew in order to make some kind of theological point?”

Bart D. Ehrman, Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible {and Why We Don't Know About Them}

For one thing, we have relatively good records for the reign of Caesar Augustus, and there is no mention anywhere in any of them of an empire-wide census for which everyone had to register by returning to their ancestral home.

And how could such a thing even be imagined? Joesph returns to Bethlehem because his ancestor David was born there. But David lived a thousand years before Joseph.

Are we to imagine that everyone in the Roman Empire was required to return to the homes of their ancestors from a thousand years earlier? If we had a new worldwide census today and each of us had to return to the towns of our ancestors a thousand years back—where would you go?

Can you imagine the total disruption of human life that this kind of universal exodus would require? And can you imagine that such a project would never be mentioned in any of the newspapers?

There is not a single reference to any such census in any ancient source, apart from Luke.

Why then does Luke say there was such a census? The answer may seem obvious to you.

He wanted Jesus to be born in Bethlehem, even though he knew he came from Nazareth ... there is a prophecy in the Old Testament book of Micah that a savior would come from Bethlehem.

What were these Gospel writer to do with the fact that it was widely known that Jesus came from Nazareth?

They had to come up with a narrative that explained how he came from Nazareth, in Galilee, a little one-horse town that no one had ever heard of, but was born in Bethlehem, the home of King David, royal ancestor of the Messiah.”

Bart D. Ehrman, Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible {and Why We Don't Know About Them}
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180720 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, who is going to clean up the Evils and Sins of Christianity? Another Jesus?
That would, according my American friend, take hundreds of Christs and hundreds of Gethsemanes.
rabbee: i am not, another jesus yet. the decision to give me with another mate, has not exactly been made yet. but i believe the mission is, if you all cannot clean up your act. then you are all, still only acting true. but still not true to G-D.

but even after thouands and thouands of christs, to the third and fourth visitations each. there is still only The One THEIR Baby Boy adam. from TheG-D of OnlyTheTorah, WHO can have me do this again.
bmz

Singapore

#180721 Jun 22, 2013
@ Seeker

Could not do more than three in one go. I think if Rabbee had not from theTree, it might have gone through.

Yes, you are right. I think the system is designed to stop spamming.

I don't know how Shamma, the Spammer does that?
bmz

Singapore

#180722 Jun 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Gospels have nothing to do with the behavior of Muslims.
The gospels have a lot to do with the behavior of wicked generations of wicked men, who lied against God and also lied through their teeth about Jesus, the Son of Mary.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180723 Jun 22, 2013
JOEL wrote:
RATIONALIST : Why do you believe in the teachings of your religious book?
BELIEVER : My religious book says so.
LOL.
rabbee: why do you believe in science?
because your religious, book of science says so.

why do you believe in evolution.
because science - without any observable proof of this says so.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180724 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I will copy and paste Shamma's silly and idiotic posts in a row and see if the nonstop posting can go easily.
Good thought. Good experiment. But pick the really really long, run on, copy and paste ones, where it's one long article that he is copying and pasting and splitting into 4 or 5 posts, and do them one after the other, say within about 10 or so seconds apart. It could just be database "hiccups" as was suggested by the other guy, which do happen in databases. Maybe Shamma's prior posts themselves are already proof that it is not an anti spambot protection feature. But in the few instances where I have copied long articles, it seems to have done that to me. It even does it when I am not copying and pasting, and just writing long explanations of my own.
bmz

Singapore

#180725 Jun 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the origin? Can the human mind possibly conceive of and live in a world where everything in that world has an origin but that world itself has no origin? That is every bit as absurd as postulating a non created creator. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, but that statement is sometimes misleading. It cannot be created or destroyed once it has been created. What it really means is that you cannot have more or less energy once energy has been created.

Energy can only be redistributed.

This is the logic aspect of the question that so many ignore.
I refer to the last two lines of your post. There is no logic in that.

Energy gets dissipated after release, it does not get distributed.

Thus, the statement that energy can only be redistributed is not logical.
Alex123 WMi

London, UK

#180726 Jun 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
For every action, there is a reaction. Live by the sword, die by the sword, as they say, and as Jesus said.
Another load of Bull form BJ when he knew that his mates and him would be beaten and captured,

Have you forgotten how he misled the fools before the idiots went over to threaten the priest and chop the ear off servant?

Luke 22:36
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a SWORD, sell your cloak and BUY ONE.

Luke 22:38
The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two SWORDS." "That's enough!" he replied.

The fools thought they could bully the priest with 2 swords, but did not realise that the trained soldiers were on their way to kick their asses!

So BJ came up with the bull about lving by the sword!

BJ was an UTTER failure.
Alex123 WMi

London, UK

#180727 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I refer to the last two lines of your post. There is no logic in that.
Energy gets dissipated after release, it does not get distributed.
Thus, the statement that energy can only be redistributed is not logical.
Salaams bro, "seeker" thinks that he knows everything but in reality he is too arrogant to understand anything.
lol..

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#180728 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
Bart D. Ehrman, God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question-Why We Suffer
“Different authors have different points of view. You can't just say,'I believe in the Bible.” Bart D. Ehrman
Ehrman remarks are meaningless.
Muslims are responsible for the murdering of non-Muslims.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#180729 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The gospels have a lot to do with the behavior of wicked generations of wicked men, who lied against God and also lied through their teeth about Jesus, the Son of Mary.
Muslims are guilty of Murdering non-Muslims.
Muslim are guilty of breaking Gods law "Thou shall not murder".
There is no getting out of that fact.
Muslims are guilty of murdering non-Muslims.
Muslims are guilty of committing murder.
Muslims are guilty, guilty, guilty.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#180730 Jun 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
&#8213; Bart D. Ehrman, God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question-Why We Suffer
“Different authors have different points of view. You can't just say,'I believe in the Bible.”
&#8213; Bart D. Ehrman
Why then does Luke say there was such a census?
rabbee: i believe G-D already answered that question in TheTorah. about the hell of an effect you all are for not being true to HIM here in TheTorah. not to mention, the hard time, your going to have. finding the name jesus, or joseph or mary 2000 years ago.

and ps: i was allegedly born again, in blytheville Arkansas here in TheTorah Happening. but i do not live, in ourkansas now. so you can't even call me, jimmie christ korn of blytheville now. and besides, G-D gave me the same again new name, so i am no longer coming like a thief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web