Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#180621 Jun 21, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ & salutations Alex123wm. A most inciteful reply and simplistically profound. its a refreshing change compar'd to the maniacle naysayers and their all-powerful rants.LOL! Add to that this conundrum;I believe the downward road to denial is paved with misleading information that even the most benevolent have succumb'd to.Then this is passed on to us from the most influential people around us,parents ,siblings,relatives,& friends.But we are all born with an innate knowledge that only surfaces occaisionally to remind us with little hints of Who and what we should be worshipping.Although this genitic-memory is quickly smothered its effects still remain within until some event triggers it.Religionists prey upon this little miracle and try to use it to their advantage,much like the puppeteer pulling the heartstrings.Thus so many are led away into false beliefs and practices,which by their own design stifle and replace the real testimony with a counterfit version. HOWEVER! there is a light at the end of the tunnel! ALLAHs WILL! Throughout mans history He has intervened and jogged that primordial memory to awake in us the bare naked truth of where our alligience lies,and try as they may,the denialist-club is fast loosing ground as the hosts of heaven pierce the hearts of all true believers with undeniable facts.And it is scholars such as BMZ and Yourself that are on the frontlines exposeing the lies,shareing the facts,and placeing the bandage over the bleeding gash caused by denialist propaganda! I say Kudos to the both of you,and May ALLAH stand between you and harm in all the places you must be. CheerZ raj
Salaams, Rabbeen

Thanks and I am glad you appreciate, simply because you can understand. Presbyters and polemicists cannot and will always be unable to grasp.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#180624 Jun 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
Not only that but logic and Christianity are light years apart.
In terms of faith, Christianity is the most unreasonable faith.
Had Paul not gone West, it would have been a different story.
Salaams
BMZ
Islam is criminal.
Based on distortion, rape, robbery, and murder in the name of their criminal god and their criminal dead prophet Muhammad.
Muhammad created his religion for power, greed and money.
His motto is "Convert to Islam, or pay me money to live, or be killed."
bmz

Location hidden

#180625 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
BMZ, let me give you another example of illogical reasoning that is pro Islam, not anti Islam, because I know if I do that, suddenly your mind turns on.

There are anti Islam people that claim that Muhammad mistook Mary, mother of Jesus as the sister of Aaron. Now, the verse most certainly does seem to suggest that, but anybody with any solid reasoning skills just simply cannot accept that this is what the verse really means. It is impossible to think that Muhammad would not know about the difference of centuries between Mary and Aaron's sister. So it must have been talking about something else, such as sister of Aaron is some sort of spiritual sense.

I think that Muhammad was quite a stupid person about many things, but it is simply impossible to think that he could be so stupid as not even realize that Mary and Aaron's sister lived centuries apart. It's impossible, even for him. Just as it is impossible for someone to invent sentences and even paragraphs or chapters that attempt to glorify something or someone, and then turn around and do the exact opposite in their invention.

Can you now see how logic and deductive reasoning works? I thought if I defended against an anti Islam interpretation, then your mind would turn on and you can see what I am talking about. But their lack of reasoning is no different than yours is.
I understand your problem, Seeker and I do sympathise. I do feel sorry for Christianity.

It is interesting to note that the word logic comes from the Greek word logos, which is a Christian favorite. Right? Logic helps us establish if the reasoning is right or wrong, provided the reasoning is correct. But in the case of Christianity, her reasoning is totally faulty.

Paul and the Church fathers played with the emotions and feelings of pagan Gentiles, who never had even a shred of any Scripture and persuaded them about the ManGod of Christianity. Of course, it was done gradually. There was no logic in their statements and speeches.

Logic is totally a foreign word for Christianity.

And they are still at it when they proselytize. They introduce God first and then slowly introduce Jesus as the Son of God and then tell the gullible person that Jesus is God. All of this is done with logical fallacies, I mean faulty reasoning. And this exactly what I see you doing here.

Now to Mary and Aaron. Let me show the logical fallacy of polemic Christians. If Jesus can be the Son of David, why can't Mary be the sister of Aaron? After all Zechariah's wife Elizabeth was from the line of Aaron and Mary was her relative. Right?

On a lighter note, using the faculty of reasoning, may be Mary had a little brother Aaron also besides having a little lamb. May be Luke never knew and wasn't told.(A chuckle here)

When Qur'aan calls her "Ukhta Haroon" meaning Aaron's sister, the Christian's brain, which is not used to logic, fails to register the connection of Mary to the line of Aaron but it manages to register the absurd connection between Jesus and David, expressed in Son of David, when even Mary had nothing to do with David and Joseph was not even his father, leaving aside the faulty reasoning that Joseph was his adopted father.

When I read the Christian Bible, I find Jesus depicted as a very confused fool, who could not express himself well and was not sure who he was and what he had been sent for?

Same is the case with Trinity or the triune God, which is the most illogical thing in the history of mankind after the Hindu and other pagan Trinities.
bmz

Location hidden

#180626 Jun 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is criminal.
Based on distortion, rape, robbery, and murder in the name of their criminal god and their criminal dead prophet Muhammad.
His motto is "Convert to Islam, or pay me money to live, or be killed."
Off-topic again like a true clueless Christian.

I was discussing LOGIC, which is totally absent from Christianity, with Seeker and I wrote this:

"Not only that but logic and Christianity are light years apart.

In terms of faith, Christianity is the most unreasonable faith.

Had Paul not gone West, it would have been a different story."

By the way, Muhammad died a pauper and left no palace and treasures behind. Jesus also died a pauper and had no palace.

Just look at the way the Popes lived and continue to live! Shameful and disgusting. Can you tell the Popes and cardinals to wear a handwoven linen sheet without an underwear?

Location hidden

#180627 Jun 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your problem, Seeker and I do sympathise. I do feel sorry for Christianity.
It is interesting to note that the word logic comes from the Greek word logos, which is a Christian favorite. Right? Logic helps us establish if the reasoning is right or wrong, provided the reasoning is correct. But in the case of Christianity, her reasoning is totally faulty.
Paul and the Church fathers played with the emotions and feelings of pagan Gentiles, who never had even a shred of any Scripture and persuaded them about the ManGod of Christianity. Of course, it was done gradually. There was no logic in their statements and speeches.
And they are still at it when they proselytize. They introduce God first and then slowly introduce Jesus as the Son of God and then tell the gullible person that Jesus is God. All of this is done with logical fallacies, I mean faulty reasoning. And this exactly what I see you doing here.
Now to Mary and Aaron. Let me show the logical fallacy of polemic Christians. If Jesus can be the Son of David, why can't Mary be the sister of Aaron? After all Zechariah's wife Elizabeth was from the line of Aaron and Mary was her relative. Right?
On a lighter note, using the faculty of reasoning, may be Mary had a little brother Aaron also besides having a little lamb. May be Luke never knew and wasn't told.(A chuckle here)
When Qur'aan calls her "Ukhta Haroon" meaning Aaron's sister, the Christian's brain, which is not used to logic, fails to register the connection of Mary to the line of Aaron but it manages to register the absurd connection between Jesus and David, expressed in Son of David, when even Mary had nothing to do with David and Joseph was not even his father, leaving aside the faulty reasoning that Joseph was his adopted father.
When I read the Christian Bible, I find Jesus depicted as a very confused fool, who could not express himself well and was not sure who he was and what he had been sent for?
Same is the case with Trinity or the triune God, which is the most illogical thing in the history of mankind after the Hindu and other pagan Trinities.
You are a freak!
a disgrace to humanity in support of a religion that uses criminal extortion.
Islam is criminal.
The Muslim motto is "Convert to Islam, or pay money to live, or be killed."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180628 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He uttered the same exact words from Psalms 22:1. That's called a quote. He could have said any desperate thing in the world, but he just so happened to say the same exact thing as Psalms 22:1, so there was a meaning to it. It's not my fault that you were not familiar with the verse. Read the whole chapter of psalms 22. Whether you think that was talking about him or not, HE was certainly referencing it as though it was talking about HIM. I didn't know this either until someone pointed it out to me a few years back.
Psalm 22 was not about a crucifixion The defining verse is 16, they "pierced my hands and my feet". The wrists are nailed in a crucifixion, not the hands, it won't hold the weight of the body. How was his heart like wax? verse 14. How was he poured out like water? And I don't believe water poured out of his side. He was also supposed to have been dying of thirst which is why he said, "I thirst". The main thing about this event was supposed to be the floods. Psalm 69:1-2,:14-15. What part of the body holds "water" and is associated with thirst? the "vinegar" that was given her to drink in her thirst was beer. Numbers 6:3. And it was, "My GOD, MY GOD WHY have you forsaken ME? Job 16 is also about this :15 I have defiled my horn in the dust. A horn is a phallic symbol of power, so a little horn is a woman and the Messiah was sexually abused
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180629 Jun 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that the verse calling Mary sister of Aaron could not mean what it seemed to mean, even if anti Islam people say it literally meant that Mary was literally Aaron's sister and you go and explain why it does not mean what it seemed to say as if I suggested that it DID literally mean Aaron's sister. I just have no idea how you think and reason. Why are you bothering to explain this to me when I am in agreement? And, as usual, you completely ignored the logic errors you were making about Jesus saying my God why have you forsaken me and you completely ignore the same type of logic error that you made about Corinthians. It's like your brain turns on when it wants to, and completely shuts down when it wants to. It's amazing.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180630 Jun 21, 2013
It's completely hopeless.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180631 Jun 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 22 was not about a crucifixion The defining verse is 16, they "pierced my hands and my feet". The wrists are nailed in a crucifixion, not the hands, it won't hold the weight of the body.
Actually it can if the feet are nailed for support. There's all sorts of people that have theories like that, but why would psalm even mention hands and feet? Gee, that's eerily similar. Psalm was supposed to have no idea of crucifixions.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
How was his heart like wax? verse 14.
It's supposed to be referring to his suffering
http://executableoutlines.com/psa/psa_22.htm
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
How was he poured out like water? And I don't believe water poured out of his side. He was also supposed to have been dying of thirst which is why he said, "I thirst".
It was a tradition to pierce the side to assure death before they leave, and water does pour out even if one is dehydrated. It's one of the last areas that retains water.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
The main thing about this event was supposed to be the floods.
I am poured out like water means a flood?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 69:1-2,:14-15. What part of the body holds "water" and is associated with thirst?
http://www.gotquestions.org/blood-water-Jesus...
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
the "vinegar" that was given her to drink in her thirst was beer.
I think that's enough at this point, lunatic. I have no idea why I even answered you when this is what I should have expected. Maybe it was because at least you tried to discuss the scriptures themselves, but even then you come up as a lunatic that makes no sense. Beer?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers 6:3. And it was, "My GOD, MY GOD WHY have you forsaken ME? Job 16 is also about this :15 I have defiled my horn in the dust. A horn is a phallic symbol of power, so a little horn is a woman and the Messiah was sexually abused
OMG. Why do I keep making the mistake of saying anything to you? I know you're a lunatic, but I keep responding. So maybe I'm a lunatic as well.

Location hidden

#180632 Jun 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 22 was not about a crucifixion The defining verse is 16, they "pierced my hands and my feet". The wrists are nailed in a crucifixion, not the hands, it won't hold the weight of the body. How was his heart like wax? verse 14. How was he poured out like water? And I don't believe water poured out of his side. He was also supposed to have been dying of thirst which is why he said, "I thirst". The main thing about this event was supposed to be the floods. Psalm 69:1-2,:14-15. What part of the body holds "water" and is associated with thirst? the "vinegar" that was given her to drink in her thirst was beer. Numbers 6:3. And it was, "My GOD, MY GOD WHY have you forsaken ME? Job 16 is also about this :15 I have defiled my horn in the dust. A horn is a phallic symbol of power, so a little horn is a woman and the Messiah was sexually abused
You speak non-sense.
like Muslims do Susan.

Islam is criminal.
a disgrace to humanity a religion that uses criminal extortion.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180633 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it can if the feet are nailed for support. There's all sorts of people that have theories like that, but why would psalm even mention hands and feet? Gee, that's eerily similar. Psalm was supposed to have no idea of crucifixions.
<quoted text>
It's supposed to be referring to his suffering
http://executableoutlines.com/psa/psa_22.htm
<quoted text>
It was a tradition to pierce the side to assure death before they leave, and water does pour out even if one is dehydrated. It's one of the last areas that retains water.
<quoted text>
I am poured out like water means a flood?
<quoted text>
http://www.gotquestions.org/blood-water-Jesus...
<quoted text>
I think that's enough at this point, lunatic. I have no idea why I even answered you when this is what I should have expected. Maybe it was because at least you tried to discuss the scriptures themselves, but even then you come up as a lunatic that makes no sense. Beer?
<quoted text>
OMG. Why do I keep making the mistake of saying anything to you? I know you're a lunatic, but I keep responding. So maybe I'm a lunatic as well.
Believe what you want Seeker, but Psalm 22, 69 and Job 16 were literally and completely fulfilled almost 44 years ago. A generation. I'm going to torture and execute the serpent for it. Isaiah 27:1. You know Ps. 69:23 "Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not..."
An Atheist

Ashburn, VA

#180634 Jun 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You speak non-sense.
like Muslims do Susan.
Islam is criminal.
Why do you comment the same everywhere?

Since: Nov 11

United States

#180635 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>Not always.
Yes, sometimes there are network "hiccups".

But most of the time there are hundred other people posting to other forums.
bmz

Location hidden

#180636 Jun 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that the verse calling Mary sister of Aaron could not mean what it seemed to mean, even if anti Islam people say it literally meant that Mary was literally Aaron's sister and you go and explain why it does not mean what it seemed to say as if I suggested that it DID literally mean Aaron's sister. I just have no idea how you think and reason. Why are you bothering to explain this to me when I am in agreement? And, as usual, you completely ignored the logic errors you were making about Jesus saying my God why have you forsaken me and you completely ignore the same type of logic error that you made about Corinthians. It's like your brain turns on when it wants to, and completely shuts down when it wants to. It's amazing.
When I address any post, I try to explain not only to the poster but also to the silent majority of international readers.

Anyway, I have already shown that Christians are not supposed to think and use logic because Christianity has no logic.

I can't remember addressing Corinthians. What verse was that?

I remember quoting Acts 19:2, when Paul met some disciples and asked them:

"Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

So one can see that the disciples had NOT EVEN HEARD that there was a Holy Spirit. Using logic, it would mean that Jesus never spoke to them about any Holy Spirit. Right?

This clearly shows that Holy Spirit was introduced later. Now, if you tell me that Jesus had talked about the Holy Spirit, then you are not making a logical statement.

See, Seeker, the New Testament is very similar to Hadith in terms of tales and narrations. Logic demands that I study and reason. So, I reject those ahaadith that make no sense and I reject most of the NT because it makes no sense.

For example, Jesus clearly says in the NT " And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."

So, logic teaches you that you should know the only true God. This also shows that Jesus is saying that he was sent by God. In other words, he was not God and this verse demolishes all silly claims that Jesus was God or claiming to be God. Right?

Now if a trinitarian comes hollering and claiming that Jesus claimed to be God, I will show him John 17:3 to prove his claim faulty and absurd.

Logical. Right?
bmz

Location hidden

#180637 Jun 21, 2013
An Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you comment the same everywhere?
Thanks for asking a very good question.

Reason: When Shamma is unable to offer an explanation or is unable to refute, he goes off-topic
and posts his usual stuff.
bmz

Location hidden

#180638 Jun 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You speak non-sense.
like Muslims do Susan.
Islam is criminal.
Susan is not a Muslim, fool!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#180639 Jun 21, 2013
uhuh wrote:
GOD does not lack assertiveness
He boldly introduced Himself e.g.

ani YHWH zulati eyn elohim (Isa 45:5)
I am YHWH, there is no god beside Me

ana Allah la ilaha illa ana (Quran 20:14)
I am Allah, there is no god beside Me

Jesus should've said likewise,
"I am Christ, there is no god beside Me, Father and Spirit"
not beating around the bush with "I and the Father are one" or "Before Abraham was, I am"
"ana Allah la ilaha illa ana" (Quran 20:14)
"I am Allah, there is no god beside Me"

So:

ana = I am
Allah = Allah
ilaha = there is no other
illa = god?

I tought Allah mean "god" in Arabic!

Are you implying that "Allah" is a "proper" name?

See? You are right without knowing you are right!

Allah does NOT mean "god" in Arabic. Allah is the proper name of the original moon-god who had three daughters:

el-Lat, el-Uzza, and Manat

The real, true word for "god" (generic) is: ILAH

And they have taken for their ilahs others than Allah, that they may according to their reckoning be a source of strength to them (or that coming under their protection may confer security).

(19 : 81) Surat Mariam

And they have taken others than Allah as their ilahs hoping that they would help when needed.

(36:74) Surat Ya'aseen

Invoke not; or pray to, any ilah along with Allah. There is no ilah but He.2

(28 : 88) Surat Al Kassas

Christians that believe Allah only means "God" in Arabic are idiots blaspheming the true name of Jehovah-Elohim-Adonai!

Whoever worships Allah is worshiping Satan!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180640 Jun 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sometimes there are network "hiccups".
But most of the time there are hundred other people posting to other forums.
Well I actually make database driven websites, and sometimes it could be a "hiccup", which is actually what it's called, good terminology on your part, but I think sometimes it could be some sort of spam protection also if one writes too many posts too soon together from the same ip address. So if I write a post that's too long for their character max, and split it into two after copying and pasting the excess into notepad to use for the next post to complete the first one, and post one after the other in a short period of time, or even three, it might flag that. Not sure what the case really is, but it's annoying.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180641 Jun 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
"ana Allah la ilaha illa ana" (Quran 20:14)
"I am Allah, there is no god beside Me"
So:
ana = I am
Allah = Allah
ilaha = there is no other
illa = god?
I tought Allah mean "god" in Arabic!
Are you implying that "Allah" is a "proper" name?
See? You are right without knowing you are right!
Allah does NOT mean "god" in Arabic. Allah is the proper name of the original moon-god who had three daughters:
el-Lat, el-Uzza, and Manat
The real, true word for "god" (generic) is: ILAH
And they have taken for their ilahs others than Allah, that they may according to their reckoning be a source of strength to them (or that coming under their protection may confer security).
(19 : 81) Surat Mariam
And they have taken others than Allah as their ilahs hoping that they would help when needed.
(36:74) Surat Ya'aseen
Invoke not; or pray to, any ilah along with Allah. There is no ilah but He.2
(28 : 88) Surat Al Kassas
Christians that believe Allah only means "God" in Arabic are idiots blaspheming the true name of Jehovah-Elohim-Adonai!
Whoever worships Allah is worshiping Satan!
Hmmm....somebody actually sounds like they know what they are talking about. Now, Allah is the word used for God in Arabic Bibles, but that's not to say that they are making a translation error.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180642 Jun 21, 2013
I don't know Arabic, but could Allah mean THE God, as in the real and only one? Interesting topic. I would like to know more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web