Who Is Allah?

There are 220237 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180247 Jun 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i even have a friend, that has tested the shroud of turin. in the group i used to run around with, used to get to see a lot of interesting things and ancient artifacts. but as to why was i, allowed to view them. i have a PARENT, in a HIGH PLACE. i told you, my life has already been programmed.
Okay, so you never viewed any secret scriptures themselves. The voice in your head tells you about the things you reference. So why didn't God let the rest of us in on this information via scriptures so that maybe we could have more knowledge and stop making the errors we make like you have stopped?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180248 Jun 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what is so difficult, about G-D is giving TheTorah. and we are all, here in IT?
Are you talking about the present moment and/or what mystics call the "eternal moment"? Are you familiar with the concept of the "eternal moment"?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180249 Jun 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
@ SEEKER.
Muslims living for Muhammad.
Continued:
Look, no insult intended, but I already told you that I am actually more studied on the issue than you are and that you are telling me nothing new. And then you ignored that statement proceeded to just continue with long copy and pastes explaining to me what I already know. So you're going to jam down my throat things that I already know whether I like it or not, right? That seems to be your general attitude about many issues. Hint. It will get you nowhere with anybody. Not just me. Anybody. But I can never seem to get that point across to you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180250 Jun 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus proved nothing. How did he prove he was the son of God? I have already proven who I am
How?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180252 Jun 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what is so difficult, about G-D is giving TheTorah. and we are all, here in IT?
as i am certain, if G-D HIMSELF were to tell you this. you are not prepared, to understand it from HIM either. this is all, you have proven.
you do not even accept, this true accounting of Adam to adam and his mate chaooah. you act like you do not even know, this story exists in TheTorah. do not try to pull my leg, i know you are familiar with at least a corrupted version this story.
But I'm not familiar with your version and you can't provide any scriptures to back up what you say. So why shouldn't I think that you are just making this all up in your head, whether you believe that God is telling you this or not? Look, if you could just give more clear explanations, maybe I could believe what you say, but you don't appear to be capable of that, and I'm not even sure that you are even capable of properly reading and understanding what others say to YOU. I'm very open minded and would love to receive any new information that I can and as much as I can. But I simply have no confidence in your sanity, let alone your ability to explain anything at all. So how can anybody understand what you say when you have to abilities to clearly explain what you mean? Like I said, could you ask God to help you explain things more clearly "here in TheTorah"?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180253 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
How?
You should find the answers in the Judaism forum on a thread called "Are heaven and hell real?"
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180254 Jun 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You should find the answers in the Judaism forum on a thread called "Are heaven and hell real?"
Look, you said your Dad is the antichrist and you said you will fight him on the Mount of Olives. So I'm sorry, but you don't have any credibility for me to take any of your claims seriously. I guess every man that abuses his daughter is the antichrist? Boy, there sure are a lot of antichrists in this world, aren't there? Your ideas simply do not add up, and I'm sorry that your therapy didn't have the benefits that it should have had or needed to have. But don't quit. Try again. You don't want to spend the rest of your life with the delusions that you have. It's not good for you. It will only make your life worse and worse.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180255 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you said your Dad is the antichrist and you said you will fight him on the Mount of Olives. So I'm sorry, but you don't have any credibility for me to take any of your claims seriously. I guess every man that abuses his daughter is the antichrist? Boy, there sure are a lot of antichrists in this world, aren't there? Your ideas simply do not add up, and I'm sorry that your therapy didn't have the benefits that it should have had or needed to have. But don't quit. Try again. You don't want to spend the rest of your life with the delusions that you have. It's not good for you. It will only make your life worse and worse.
You've misunderstood me. My father is not the Antichrist, he's the reincarnation of Adam whose name was changed to Satan. He was the son of God, in this life it's reversed, he's the father of God. He went to heaven to preserve his life, he's the only one who could genetically bring Messiah/God into the world. Then there's Lucifer (Jesus) who is Satans counterfeit messiah. They will call me "Antichrist" but that is a new testament term. I am actually the Messiah.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180256 Jun 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You've misunderstood me. My father is not the Antichrist, he's the reincarnation of Adam whose name was changed to Satan.
Oh jeez, just as bad.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#180257 Jun 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
since when does god have a son?
Many Jewish people today believe that Gentiles made up the idea that God has a Son. Why would God need to have a Son? This concept seems foreign, pagan, and even idolatrous. It is seen as claim unique to the New Testament with no place in Jewish thought, like some sort of “goyisha boobe-myseh”(Gentile fable).

In spite of this popular view, the truth is that the notion of God having a Son was imbedded in Jewish thought a thousand years before Yeshua (Jesus) came to earth. It was so imbedded, that it was included in the Jewish Bible (Tanakh, also known as the Old Testament). Psalm 2 twice speaks of God having a Son and says much about Him.

Psalm 2

Why are the nations in an uproar, and the peoples devising a vain thing? The kings of the earth take their stand, and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against His Messiah:“Let us tear their fetters apart, and cast away their cords from us!”

He who sits in the heavens laughs, the Lord scoffs at them. Then He will speak to them in His anger and terrify them in His fury:“But as for Me, I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain.”

“I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord: He said to Me,‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You. Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, and the very ends of the earth as Your possession. You will break them with a rod of iron. You will shatter them like earthenware.’”

Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; take warning, O judges of the earth. Worship the Lord with reverence, and rejoice with trembling. Do homage to the Son, lest He become angry, and you perish in the way, for His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

Here we are told that God has a Son, the King, who will rule the nations from Mount Zion. The Psalm ends by warning the kings of the earth to worship the Lord with reverence, and to do homage to the Son. It says that the kings of the earth who do not do homage to the Son will perish, and all who take refuge in the Son will be blessed.
Even a Christian cretino balordo will laugh at your post. And even He that sitteth in heaven laugheth at above thought.

The Jews knew well what 'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee' meant. They knew it meant that God was affectionate and took David as a son just as a man loves his son.

God did not get David's mother to give birth to David, when he was forty plus.

There is no Son or Kiss the Son in the Hebrew text of Psalm 2:12.

When the Church needed to show some proof that Jesus was the Son of God, they looked high and low to find something to show Jesus and cherry-picked verses, which never showed that God had a son.

If you wish to show Jesus in the following absurd and fraudulent translation, then know that the Son is a mad fellow and can go berserk, if you do not kiss him.

" Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little."

If you wish to be precisely more absurd, then title the Psalm as The Psalm of Jesus. Delete the name of David from Psalm 2.

You may now continue with the lies of the Church! We are all ears and ready to dismantle the lies.

yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#180258 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you never viewed any secret scriptures themselves. The voice in your head tells you about the things you reference. So why didn't God let the rest of us in on this information via scriptures so that maybe we could have more knowledge and stop making the errors we make like you have stopped?
rabbee: you sure are good at fanaticizing, everything in a way that is not true. you expect everyone to take your words on your own merits. but take nobody else's, on theirs.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#180259 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the present moment and/or what mystics call the "eternal moment"? Are you familiar with the concept of the "eternal moment"?
rabbee: the only moment i know of as eternal, is referred to as human ignorance and stupidity. i do not read, the words of mystics. don't care, what they say.

they are not TheG-D of TheTorah forever giving TheTorah forever and always again. which appears to be, far beyond the feebleness of your own mind to comprehend. with the basic premise, you do not want to know. because it is too, simple for you to consider. with your alleged, superior mind.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180260 Jun 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a Christian cretino balordo will laugh at your post. And even He that sitteth in heaven laugheth at above thought.
The Jews knew well what 'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee' meant. They knew it meant that God was affectionate and took David as a son just as a man loves his son.
http://psalms.schechter.edu/2010/02/psalm-2-t...

Here, the word is fathered is used, which really could mean the same thing as begotten. I was looking for an explanation of verse 7 referenced by Shamma and strangely enough, there is none. It's almost as though the author pretends the verse isn't even there. Weird.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180261 Jun 18, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalm_2

Babylonian Talmud, Sukkah 52a: "Our Rabbis taught, The Holy One, blessed be He, will say to the Messiah, the son of David (May he reveal himself speedily in our days!),'Ask of me anything, and I will give it to thee', as it is said, I will tell of the decree etc. this day have I begotten thee, ask of me and I will give the nations for thy inheritance" (Psalms ii. 7-8).[3]

Genesis Rabbah 44:8 R. Jonathan said: "Three persons were bidden 'ask', viz.: Solomon, Ahaz, and the King Messiah. Solomon: Ask what I shall give thee (1 Kings III, 5). Ahaz: Ask thee a sign (Isa. VII, 11). The King Messiah: Ask of Me, etc.(Ps. II, 8)."[4]

Pirke de-Rabbi Eliezer (9th century), Section 28, on verse 1: All the nations will be gathered together to fight with the Son of David, as it is said: The kings of the earth set themselves, etc.[5]

Rashi (11th century): Our teachers interpreted the subject of this Psalm with reference to King Messiah, but according to its plain meaning it will be right to expound it of David himself."[6]

Midrash on Psalms (11th century): This day have I begotten thee (Psalm 2:7). R. Huna said: Suffering is divided into three portions: one, the Patriarchs and all the generations of men took; one, the generation that lived in the time of [Hadrian's] persecution took; and one, the generation of the lord Messiah will take. When the time comes, the Holy One, blessed be He, will say: "I must create the Messiah -- a new creation." As Scripture says, This day have I begotten thee—that is, on the very day of redemption, God will create the Messiah. Ask of Me, and I will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession (Ps. 2:8). God, speaking to the Messiah, says: If thou dost ask for dominion over the nations, already they are thine inheritance; if for the ends of the earth, already they are thy possession. R. Johanan taught: To three men—Solomon, Ahaz, and the lord Messiah—the Holy One, blessed be He, said, "Ask of me." To Solomon, as is written In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said: "Ask what I shall give thee" (1 Kings 3:5). To Ahaz, as is written "Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God: ask it either in the depth, or in the height above" (Isa. 7:11)....To the lord Messiah, as is written Ask of Me, and I will give thee the nations for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession.[7]

Maimonides (11th century), introduction to Sanhedrin, chapter 10: The prophets and the saints have longed for the days of the Messiah, and great has been their desire towards him, for there will be with him the gathering together of the righteous and the administration of good, and wisdom, and royal righteousness, with the abundance of his uprightness and the spread of his wisdom, and his approach to God, as it is said: The Lord said unto me, Thou art my son, to-day have I begotten thee.[8]

David Kimchi (13th century), comment on verse 12: There are those who interpret this psalm of Gog and Magog, and the "anointed" as the King Messiah; and thus did our rabbis of blessed memory interpret it (b. Berachot 7b).[9]

Yalkut (13th century), Section 621 On verse 7: R. Huna said in the name of R. Idi, In three parts were the punishments divided: one for King Messiah, and when His hour cometh the Holy One, blessed be He, saith, I must make a new covenant with Him, and so He saith, To-day have I begotten thee. On verse 9: "Thou wilt bruise them with a rod of iron"; this is Messiah ben Joseph.[10
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#180262 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm not familiar with your version and you can't provide any scriptures to back up what you say. So why shouldn't I think that you are just making this all up in your head, whether you believe that God is telling you this or not? Look, if you could just give more clear explanations, maybe I could believe what you say, but you don't appear to be capable of that, and I'm not even sure that you are even capable of properly reading and understanding what others say to YOU. I'm very open minded and would love to receive any new information that I can and as much as I can. But I simply have no confidence in your sanity, let alone your ability to explain anything at all. So how can anybody understand what you say when you have to abilities to clearly explain what you mean? Like I said, could you ask God to help you explain things more clearly "here in TheTorah"?
rabbee: version??? well you obviously cannot read, tetragrammen eevreet. so what is the point, of telling you anything? since apparently you have no idea, what TheTorah Scroll even is.

and you! open minded? ha! there ain't any new information. if it is alleged as new, it is a lie.

and no it is not for G-D to appease your own understanding. cause that would result in lying. but it is for you to come, to G-D'S understanding.

and i have no idea, when the next visit between me and G-D shall take place. i don't, dictate to G-D.

you can't even truly comprehend, the scripture called "TheWay" from 2000 years ago. that truly, no longer exists. all you have is your altered, alleged as true editorial version.

but i am certain you are familiar, with the story of Adam to adam and chaooah to some degree. which apparently you say, G-D is a liar and never happen. so therefore cannot be possibly happening now.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180263 Jun 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: version??? well you obviously cannot read, tetragrammen eevreet.
That's the Hebrew name of God transliterated in four letters as YHWH or JHVH. so what's your point?
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
so what is the point, of telling you anything? since apparently you have no idea, what TheTorah Scroll even is.
Well, just quote verses from TheTorah including the book and verse numbers and enlighten me and tell me where you get your ideas from. Thank you.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and you! open minded? ha! there ain't any new information. if it is alleged as new, it is a lie.
and no it is not for G-D to appease your own understanding. cause that would result in lying. but it is for you to come, to G-D'S understanding.
And what is God's understanding? And where do you get God's understanding from that you are so sure that I am so wrong?
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and i have no idea, when the next visit between me and G-D shall take place. i don't, dictate to G-D.
you can't even truly comprehend, the scripture called "TheWay" from 2000 years ago. that truly, no longer exists. all you have is your altered, alleged as true editorial version.
If you know the right version, then quote from it and enlighten me.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
but i am certain you are familiar, with the story of Adam to adam and chaooah to some degree. which apparently you say, G-D is a liar and never happen. so therefore cannot be possibly happening now.
I'm not familiar with the story that you speak of where you say Adam to adam and chaooah. Can you quote it from the Torah or give the book and verse numbers and enlighten me? Thank you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180264 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P salm_2
Babylonian Talmud, Sukkah 52a: "Our Rabbis taught, The Holy One, blessed be He, will say to the Messiah, the son of David (May he reveal himself speedily in our days!),'Ask of me anything, and I will give it to thee', as it is said, I will tell of the decree etc. this day have I begotten thee, ask of me and I will give the nations for thy inheritance" (Psalms ii. 7-8).[3]
Genesis Rabbah 44:8 R. Jonathan said: "Three persons were bidden 'ask', viz.: Solomon, Ahaz, and the King Messiah. Solomon: Ask what I shall give thee (1 Kings III, 5). Ahaz: Ask thee a sign (Isa. VII, 11). The King Messiah: Ask of Me, etc.(Ps. II, 8)."[4]
Pirke de-Rabbi Eliezer (9th century), Section 28, on verse 1: All the nations will be gathered together to fight with the Son of David, as it is said: The kings of the earth set themselves, etc.[5]
Rashi (11th century): Our teachers interpreted the subject of this Psalm with reference to King Messiah, but according to its plain meaning it will be right to expound it of David himself."[6]
Midrash on Psalms (11th century): This day have I begotten thee (Psalm 2:7). R. Huna said: Suffering is divided into three portions: one, the Patriarchs and all the generations of men took; one, the generation that lived in the time of [Hadrian's] persecution took; and one, the generation of the lord Messiah will take. When the time comes, the Holy One, blessed be He, will say: "I must create the Messiah -- a new creation." As Scripture says, This day have I begotten thee—that is, on the very day of redemption, God will create the Messiah. Ask of Me, and I will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession (Ps. 2:8). God, speaking to the Messiah, says: If thou dost ask for dominion over the nations, already they are thine inheritance; if for the ends of the earth, already they are thy possession. R. Johanan taught: To three men—Solomon, Ahaz, and the lord Messiah—the Holy One, blessed be He, said, "Ask of me." To Solomon, as is written In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said: "Ask what I shall give thee" (1 Kings 3:5). To Ahaz, as is written "Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God: ask it either in the depth, or in the height above" (Isa. 7:11)....To the lord Messiah, as is written Ask of Me, and I will give thee the nations for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession.[7]
Maimonides (11th century), introduction to Sanhedrin, chapter 10: The prophets and the saints have longed for the days of the Messiah, and great has been their desire towards him, for there will be with him the gathering together of the righteous and the administration of good, and wisdom, and royal righteousness, with the abundance of his uprightness and the spread of his wisdom, and his approach to God, as it is said: The Lord said unto me, Thou art my son, to-day have I begotten thee.[8]
David Kimchi (13th century), comment on verse 12: There are those who interpret this psalm of Gog and Magog, and the "anointed" as the King Messiah; and thus did our rabbis of blessed memory interpret it (b. Berachot 7b).[9]
Yalkut (13th century), Section 621 On verse 7: R. Huna said in the name of R. Idi, In three parts were the punishments divided: one for King Messiah, and when His hour cometh the Holy One, blessed be He, saith, I must make a new covenant with Him, and so He saith, To-day have I begotten thee. On verse 9: "Thou wilt bruise them with a rod of iron"; this is Messiah ben Joseph.[10
Why would quotes from Jewish sources be marked as funny and clueless? Are the quotes inaccurate?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180265 Jun 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you sure are good at fanaticizing, everything in a way that is not true. you expect everyone to take your words on your own merits. but take nobody else's, on theirs.
When I give an idea, I also quote verses to show where I get my idea from. Can't you do that as well? I don't expect anybody to just take my word for it. Why do you?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180266 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, no insult intended, but I already told you that I am actually more studied on the issue than you are and that you are telling me nothing new...
When Mr A claims that "he is more studied than others", he is craving for love, recognition and attention.

Poor thing was bullied by others and has been treated as an idiot all his life.

The poor boy still does not know that he is clueless.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180267 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
...I don't expect anybody to just take my word for it...
Nobody does!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Screenwriter needs to consult... Mon Teslafan 1
Hands-on Archaeology of New Mexico Exhibit at t... May 23 Dairine 1
News Hair Extension Found On Ancient Egyptian Woman May 5 Akhenaten 1
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr 27 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr 26 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr '15 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr '15 Crazy Talk 12
More from around the web