Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256388 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180276 Jun 18, 2013
Did BJ say "I have come to die for the sins of Gentiles" or ""Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill."
Please don't give us the bull about him making it null and void by running off back to daddy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180277 Jun 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
@ SEEKER.
Muslims living their life for Muhammad.
Continued:
OF course, there are also exceptional Muslims who do not agree with Islamic supremacy and sincerely champion secularism and respect for all people. Some even find verses or fragments of such to support their independent beliefs. But, for these people, the Quran as a whole will always be a constant challenge, since it explicitly teaches the distinct and inferior status of non-Muslims.
Dear Secular Shamma,
Did BJ say "I have come to die for the sins of Gentiles" or ""Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill."
Please don't give us the bull about him making it null and void by running off back to daddy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180278 Jun 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You will be among those that are consumed by Gods fire Susan.
For by fire, and by his sword, will the Lord plead with all flesh,.... With the Mahometans, the Turks, the Ottoman empire, against whom he will call for a sword, and will rain upon them fire and brimstone, signified by Gog and Magog, Ezekiel 38:22 and with the other antichristian powers at the battle of Armageddon; and when the fourth vial will be poured upon the sun, and men will be scorched with fire; see Revelation 16:8,
and the slain of the Lord shall be many; that is, those that will be slain by the Lord, both in the attempt of the Turks to recover the land of Canaan out of the hands of the Jews, possessed of it; whose numbers of slain will be so many, that the burying of them will last seven months, Ezekiel 39:12 and in the battle between the Christian princes, Christ at the head of them, and the antichristian armies, led on by the beast and the kings of the earth; when the fowls of the air will be invited to the great supper of the Lord, to eat the flesh of kings, captains, and mighty men, so great will the slaughter be, Revelation 19:17, see also Isaiah 11:13.
----------
Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
16. Rather, "With fire will Jehovah judge, and with His sword (He will judge) all flesh." The parallelism and collocation of the Hebrew words favor this (Isa 65:12).
all flesh—that is, all who are the objects of His wrath. The godly shall be hidden by the Lord in a place of safety away from the scene of judgment (Isa 26:20, 21; Ps 31:20; 1Th 4:16, 17).
Dear secular Shamma,
BJ told you to pluck your eye out and chop your hand off!
WHY?
Nutcase "seeker" may say he wanted to pluck out the phantom sinning eye and chop phantom sinning arm off!

WHY did BJ tell you to pluck/chop/cut off?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#180279 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I would think that, being the ex Priest that you claim to be, that you would be very familiar with these verses.
Mark 12
13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said,“Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax[b] to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?” But Jesus knew their hypocrisy.“Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked.“Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them,“Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”“Caesar’s,” they replied. 17 Then Jesus said to them,“Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.” And they were amazed at him.
He was quite clever and diplomatic.

Here he paid the tax with a lost and found coin:

Matthew 17:27 "However, we don't want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us."

Tax should be paid from money earned.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#180280 Jun 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Secular Shamma,
Hello, Alex

Jesus is not on record for saying anything that the Church says. All the sayings fall under absurd sayings attributed to Jesus.

Neither Shamma nor the entire Christendom can answer your questions.

Salaams
BMZ
yehoshooah adam

New York, NY

#180281 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
When I give an idea, I also quote verses to show where I get my idea from. Can't you do that as well? I don't expect anybody to just take my word for it. Why do you?
rabbee: already did a ways back, nobody paid any attention. but so far all you have proved, is you don't know the story of Adam, to adam and his mate, to Noach, to Avraham, or to Moshe.

all you who only claim, to know scripture so well. don't have even a general, understanding what they are about.

even if you have a corrupted version, the general theme should be there. even errantly calling Adam jesus, should not alter the general theme.

maybe you should ask a second grader, to explain it to you. cause you act like they, know more about this than you. and you are not embarrassed, that you don't know the story of Adam? since you can't even explain it, in even your own words?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180282 Jun 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Shamma's mouth peace or bum peace?
As you "know" I was not a Christian priest.
And I also know that you lied and insisted that you were, multiple times. So why would you do that? What did you think that claim was supposed to do for you? It was a stupid blunder.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
So please explain the significance of Mark 12 to other naive Muslims.
Thanks.
Here is another naive question...
Do Muslims not pay tax? lol...
It meant that Jesus was not interested in stupid matters of money, politics and power and neither should his followers be. He was interested in matters of the soul and God. And then, Muhammad comes along and contradicts Jesus by creating the most Politically oriented religion ever created. Muhammad didn't seem to understand one single thing that Jesus said. It seemed like Jesus confused and perplexed him, because he was stupid and uneducated just like you. So it's no surprise that so many Muslims have poor educations and think just like Muhammad did and take words in the Gospels literally rather than seeing the deeper meaning they were pointing to. Muslims read the Gospels in the same way they read the Quran, but the Gospels are an entirely different type of book with a lot of depth to it, whereas the Quran is very literal and has very little depth to it, if at all. That's why the Quran is perfect for you, and the Gospels completely confuse you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180283 Jun 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Alex
Jesus is not on record for saying anything that the Church says. All the sayings fall under absurd sayings attributed to Jesus.
Absurd to you because any statement of any depth deeper than a baby pool causes you to drown.
yehoshooah adam

New York, NY

#180284 Jun 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody does!
rabbee: you have all already, taken somebody else's word for it. whether Paool's, the pope, or muhammad's, whether king james or what's his name that allegedly wrote the quran. there are even those, who take president obama's words as the gospel truth. in the world chasing, their own white rabbits tail tale.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180285 Jun 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: already did a ways back, nobody paid any attention. but so far all you have proved, is you don't know the story of Adam, to adam and his mate, to Noach, to Avraham, or to Moshe.
I know the story of Adam existing first and then Eve or whatever name you want to give her, being created next using Adam's rib. That wasn't an old Adam, new adam, it was the same Adam that now had a mate. And I will quote the scriptures that say this if you want, and you can find any version of the Torah that you want, and it's not going to be any different in any significant way than what I quote except for tiny little translation discrepancies. You are just making up your own scriptures or taking meaning from them that just isn't there. And all mankind is supposed to be descendants of Adam and Eve. There, that's pretty clear, isn't it? So why can't you just be clear like that?
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
all you who only claim, to know scripture so well. don't have even a general, understanding what they are about.
If you want to explain what they are about, give your idea and then quote the verses that show where you get your idea from. That's simple, but you never do that.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
even if you have a corrupted version, the general theme should be there. even errantly calling Adam jesus, should not alter the general theme.
Show me the verse where Adam is called Jesus. Teach me, oh knowledgeable one of the scriptures.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should ask a second grader, to explain it to you.
Maybe I should because at this point I think that a second grader can explain things more clearly and coherently than you do.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
cause you act like they, know more about this than you. and you are not embarrassed, that you don't know the story of Adam?
I DO know the story of Adam and it doesn't match your garbled version of it that you are making up for yourself. If you think i am wrong, then quote the exact verses and tell us what we are supposed to think that they mean. But you never quote ANYTHING nor even really explain anything. You just make statements out of nowhere with little or no basis at all.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180286 Jun 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 17:27 "However, we don't want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us."
As I said, Jesus was separating matters of the soul and God, from stupid matters of money, power and Politics. Has it ever occurred to you that since Jesus could do miracles, he probably could have had all of the money and power that he wanted? But he wasn't interested in that at all because he saw that as stupid. So he remained relatively poor.

Matthew 16:26
26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

There it is. Blinking at you. Honking at you.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#180287 Jun 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear secular Shamma,
BJ told you to pluck your eye out and chop your hand off!
WHY?
Nutcase "seeker" say he wanted to pluck out the phantom sinning eye and chop off phantom sinning arm off!
WHY did BJ tell you to pluck/chop/cut off?
You are spiritually blind Alex.
And cannot understand the spiritual meaning of Jesus teachings.
Jesus, in this context, was emphasizing the supreme value of pursuing the kingdom of God above all else. To illustrate this principle, he chose, for illustration purposes, items that are very precious to us, e.g., eye, hand, or foot. The obvious meaning is this. Recognize the value of eternal things; don’t be derailed by temporal and physical distractions.

Moreover, the language in the latter portion of the passage in no way negates the symbolism employed in the warning.

That this is the fair meaning of the passage is obvious from the fact that a mere amputation of hand or foot, or the removal of an eye, does not alter the condition of the heart. Such actions, therefore, drastic though they are, would not provide sufficient motive for a transformed heart (cf. Mk. 7:1ff; especially, vv. 18-23). The surgery is spiritual, not physical. The point is this — the value of being eternally with the Creator makes all of earth’s circumstances seem trivial.

Those who disdain the Savior’s strong word of caution will spend their eternity in hell (gehenna), where “their worm dies not”(Mk. 9:48). Surely the figurative nature of the language is apparent in the term “worm.” There are no literal worms, gnawing on literal corpses, in the eternal order of things. There will be eternal suffering, however, in a non-material realm.

A comprehension of at least some of the basic figures of speech utilized by the Bible writers is absolutely essential for a correct interpretation of Scripture in many cases. And a lack of such understanding has resulted in a variety of errors — some of which were painfully experienced in the eternal in hell.

And that is ware you are heading for Alex.
You need to examine your heart, and make a choice between going to heaven or hell Alex.

That is the true meaning Alex.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180288 Jun 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Remember, this was "seeker"'s response to my question to Shamma/Skeptic on his celebrated claim to "secularism" unlike the nasty Muslims.
Jesus was very secular according to these fools.
I was teasing them with the usual challenges.
The secular Jesus paid tax through an avoidance scheme while Muslims pay to the state irrespective of it being Muslim or Non Muslim.
Thanks, bro.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180289 Jun 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Alex
Neither Shamma nor the entire Christendom can answer your questions.
Salaams
BMZ
Salaams, BMZ, how are you...
"seeker" the troll produces "direct" quotes from BJ when it suits him!
But I AM still waiting for his replies to my 16 questions, when he chooses to be indirect!
Shamma and Seeker have to put their money on "parables" arising from deliberate fiddling with translations.
Salaams.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180290 Jun 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Remember, this was "seeker"'s response to my question to Shamma/Skeptic on his celebrated claim to "secularism" unlike the nasty Muslims.
Jesus was very secular according to these fools.
I was teasing them with the usual challenges.
The secular Jesus paid tax through an avoidance scheme while Muslims pay to the state irrespective of it being Muslim or Non Muslim.
Thanks, bro.
Secular means separation of religion and state. It has nothing to do with paying taxes. If a country is ruled by Islamic rule, it is not secular. Are you honestly that stupid that you don't focus on the fact that he miraculously told them where they could find a lost coin in a fish and instead focus on the fact that he didn't just pull it out of his own pocket like non miraculous people do? You just can't be this stupid. It's impossible.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180291 Jun 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
But I AM still waiting for his replies to my 16 questions, when he chooses to be indirect!
Why don't you just tell us where we can find the exact words from the Quran that says "this entire Quran is my word for word dictation". Since you choose the exact words that you think the Gospels should say and people aren't allowed to gain a meaning from it by putting together the pieces, then do the same thing with the Quran. Demand that it say those exact words before we can gather that it does represent itself as the word for word dictation of Allah. I think it does, but it never directly says that in the exact words that I demand, but I can put the pieces to together. So why can't someone do the same thing with the Gospels?

Your request is nonsense and you are merely trying to shape the rules to your advantage, and it's ...just...not...going...to...w ork. Is that clear enough for you?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180292 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And I also know that you lied and insisted that you were, multiple times. So why would you do that? What did you think that claim was supposed to do for you? It was a stupid blunder.
<quoted text>
It meant that Jesus was not interested in stupid matters of money, politics and power and neither should his followers be. He was interested in matters of the soul and God. And then, Muhammad comes along and contradicts Jesus by creating the most Politically oriented religion ever created. Muhammad didn't seem to understand one single thing that Jesus said. It seemed like Jesus confused and perplexed him, because he was stupid and uneducated just like you. So it's no surprise that so many Muslims have poor educations and think just like Muhammad did and take words in the Gospels literally rather than seeing the deeper meaning they were pointing to. Muslims read the Gospels in the same way they read the Quran, but the Gospels are an entirely different type of book with a lot of depth to it, whereas the Quran is very literal and has very little depth to it, if at all. That's why the Quran is perfect for you, and the Gospels completely confuse you.
hey fool......why do you keep getting caught? you continue to maintain that i was not a priest but you come up with a load of nonsense.
Back to old BJ...
You claim that he was not interested in money, politics and power and you say.. neither should his followers be".
What is that got to do with "secularism" when BJ was setting up his power base/kingdom?
What is the reality then? Are you sugesting that the secular "christian" west and the old pope will be giving up all the stolen money and power?
yeah, right.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180293 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Secular means separation of religion and state. It has nothing to do with paying taxes. If a country is ruled by Islamic rule, it is not secular. Are you honestly that stupid that you don't focus on the fact that he miraculously told them where they could find a lost coin in a fish and instead focus on the fact that he didn't just pull it out of his own pocket like non miraculous people do? You just can't be this stupid. It's impossible.
ruddy hell!!
Switch his brain off, but first find it!
Usually lost coins do end up in fish you moron..no big deal.
Were you always known as a "stupid fool"?
Is that why you call others "stupid or fools"?
Did you know what your master BJ said about calling others fools/stupid?
Go away moron...
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180294 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just tell us where we can find the exact words from the Quran that says "this entire Quran is my word for word dictation". Since you choose the exact words that you think the Gospels should say and people aren't allowed to gain a meaning from it by putting together the pieces, then do the same thing with the Quran. Demand that it say those exact words before we can gather that it does represent itself as the word for word dictation of Allah. I think it does, but it never directly says that in the exact words that I demand, but I can put the pieces to together. So why can't someone do the same thing with the Gospels?
Your request is nonsense and you are merely trying to shape the rules to your advantage, and it's ...just...not...going...to...w ork. Is that clear enough for you?
Switching masterbaitor...(rhymes with your real profession)!
You are the self confessed bible expert.
So find these verses or stop worshipping that naked clown on a phallus.

WE NEED DIRECT FACTUAL ANSWERS, instead of giving us 10 page responses.

Just a YES or NO will do, as that is the only acceptable answer.

Also prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:

1. "I am God in flesh"…………………………Yes/No

2. "I am God!"…………………………Yes/No
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"..........Yes/No
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........Yes/No
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........Yes/No
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........Yes/N o
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....Yes/No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........Yes/No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........Yes/No

Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent".......Yes/No

16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........Yes/No.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180295 Jun 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron..

I can floor you anytime and again AND again...(i have done it many times to you..) dealing with your childish questions.

BUT first, prove to me that your master is your god!lol..
Otherwise, throw him out.

WE NEED DIRECT FACTUAL ANSWERS, instead of giving us 10 page responses.

Just a YES or NO will do, as that is the only acceptable answer.

Also prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:

1. "I am God in flesh"…………………………Yes/No

2. "I am God!"…………………………Yes/No
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"..........Yes/No
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........Yes/No
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........Yes/No
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........Yes/N o
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....Yes/No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........Yes/No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........Yes/No

Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent".......Yes/No

16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........Yes/No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida beachgoers discover 'holy grail of ship... Apr 3 Vicki 1
News Mystery rock is 330,000 years old and proves an... Feb '18 Chris 1
News Stone tools prove humans at work 15,000 years ago (Mar '11) Feb '18 BINGO FART 3
News Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada? Feb '18 Vasily Ivanov 1
News Ruins of historic mission ranch among few remai... (Dec '09) Feb '18 NEWS FART 2
News Shawn Vestal: When cows were the cornerstone of... Jan '18 jarrfan 1
Scota origin? - mother of Scotland Jan '18 cecelia hall 1