Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
169,461 - 169,480 of 199,498 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hail HughBe, please can you bear with me until I floor MPD "seeker" when he finally throws in the towel concerning my 16 questions.
There is more to "I AM" than meets the "eye" or "am I" allowed to say "I"?lol..
As there is a lot of similarity between Arabic and Hebrew, perhaps the words make more sense to Arabic and Hebrew scholars.
ok
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan,
The Jews have left the building of the Temple to the Messiah. That is why Israel does not want to build the Temple.
Nobody knows the exact coordinates of the Temple boundary. The Jews believe that only the Messiah can pinpoint the location and only he will build.
Christians believe that a new Jerusalem will land from heavens, crush the existing one and cover it up. Hope the dwellers of the existing Jerusalem will get enough time to move out and watch the new Jerusalem landing.
The "New Jerusalem" is another Christian myth, like the rapture and tribulation. Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like as a fire? says the Lord; and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?" The dome of the rock will be broken by the word of God, probably by an earthquake. Isaiah 28:16 "...Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone; a precious corner stone, a sure foundation; he that believes shall not make haste".
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hail HughBe, please can you bear with me until I floor MPD "seeker" when he finally throws in the towel concerning my 16 questions.
How about if you just answer one question that is asked the same way your questions are asked. I think that the Quran should have said these words, if it was the word for word dictation of Allah. "The words of this Quran are my words", or "this Quran is my word for word guidance to you". Like I said, we can certainly piece together that the Quran does represent itself as the word for word dictation of Allah, but where does it say these exact words that I think or demand that it should say? There is no difference in my one question than there is in your sixteen. I can just make up words and demand that a scripture say those exact words just like you are doing.

So your whole attempt is nonsense. All you are doing to to arrange things and questions to your particular liking so that you can prove yourself right. It couldn't be more obvious what you are attempting to do. Hey, if you can demand things to be just the way you want or think they should be, then you will be right every time. I can do that as well, although I don't because it's stupid.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need a hobby.
LOL!!! He just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again, because he's a parrot and a one act pony. And he actually thinks he's being smart. Believe me, he actually does. I have no idea how, but he does.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more to "I AM" than meets the "eye" or "am I" allowed to say "I"?lol..
As there is a lot of similarity between Arabic and Hebrew, perhaps the words make more sense to Arabic and Hebrew scholars.
Well then just quote the Hebrew scholars. I don't care if the translation I have isn't right, let's see the correct one and go from there. I didn't write it or translate it, so I have nothing to be ashamed of.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The "New Jerusalem" is another Christian myth, like the rapture and tribulation. Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like as a fire? says the Lord; and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?" The dome of the rock will be broken by the word of God, probably by an earthquake. Isaiah 28:16 "...Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone; a precious corner stone, a sure foundation; he that believes shall not make haste".
So what is that stone?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hail Alex, what makes something Tanach?
Is the JPS bible Tanach?
I have noted the following on entering the site and wonder about its meaning.
"A Hebrew - English Bible
According to the Masoretic Text
and the JPS 1917 Edition"
Here is a quote from it "And God said unto Moses:'I AM THAT I AM'; and He said:'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.'"
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0203.htm
Seems like a credible link to me. Better than anything that Alex has produced so far.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Thanks Alex, I could not help myself. You should take a good look at what she has on.
I saw it and said she should give Alex a littlebit, since he seems so focused on sex when he describes Jesus in such sexually perverted terms.
uhuh

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

all souls, from Adam to the end of time, were created during the six days of Creation, all lived in gan eden, and all were present at matan Torah - midrash Tanhuma

all souls had sworn fealty to God - Quran 7:172

no such concept as PRE-EXISTENT SOULS in christianity -- that would be a heresy
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is that stone?
The Messiah is the (corner) stone and is called a stone in other places. Daniel 2:34-35. "You saw till that a stone was cut out without hands...and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth". Genesis 49:24 "from there is the shepherd, the stone of Israel" Speaking of Joseph.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

uhuh wrote:
all souls, from Adam to the end of time, were created during the six days of Creation, all lived in gan eden, and all were present at matan Torah - midrash Tanhuma
Can you quote that from the Torah? The documents you speak of were apparently first created in 1522, as far as I remember, but maybe you can correct me.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry mr sick MPD, I am unable to give you free tuition.
1. I am not here to prove that BJ is God or if BJ was phycially present before Abraham, which is a biological impossibility...BJ the human came out of the female organ of Mary about 2000 years ago and long after Abraham.
- Want you to work on this possibility...
Jesus claimed he was the latest prophet of Jews form the line of abraham.
A bit like Leon Spinks' claim after beating the greatest Ali, "He may be the greatest, but I am the latest" or something like that. Any Ali fan who saw the fight would have "stoned" spinks if they could have got away with it.
Similarly, BJ was intimating to the bigoted folks.."hey boys! I know you hate me and love abraham, but I am here as the latest to replace abraham, so follow me and get educated"
The blood shot eyes of the bigots immediately started looking for stones!!
2. You jump down the throats of people who use poetic licence on English!
Why then do you accept this grammatical tsunami?
"Before Abraham was born, I am".
If you were among the crowd...won't you point out the error to BJ?
Or would you prefer stoning him for the murder of English?lol
You better do more research on exodus 3:14 from christian and non christian (particularly Jewish) perspectives.
Good mntal health.
rabbee: what are you all, talking about? when you all who know what you are talking about, do not even know what you are talking about. when Avraham won't even be here, for about another 3000 years.

what - you all think, you have the time to do TheTorah over and over, again and again. but never have the time, to do It right even once actually here in It? and still can't figure out, why we all can't ever make it to GanEden status.

and can't even figure out, that if your not here in TheTorah G-D is again giving. then naturally G-D, is going to give you all hell for it.

if any of you think, that G-D quit giving TheTorah. just because a few alleged as jews, crossed a river. then you have all lost, your Torah marbles here in TheTorah again.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what are you all, talking about? when you all who know what you are talking about, do not even know what you are talking about. when Avraham won't even be here, for about another 3000 years.
what - you all think, you have the time to do TheTorah over and over, again and again. but never have the time, to do It right even once actually here in It? and still can't figure out, why we all can't ever make it to GanEden status.
How about you? Can you make it to that status?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

uhuh wrote:
all souls had sworn fealty to God - Quran 7:172
no such concept as PRE-EXISTENT SOULS in christianity -- that would be a heresy
rabbee: liar!... TheTorah always begins again in Parashas Noach, in always day one. with Avraham always, returning at the end of day two. boy are you all, totally stupid.

and It is always going to happen again, to this world refusing to do it right even once with G-D in TheTorah. this world has always rejected the offer, from Yeshooah Benee Adam of making it to GanEden.

so do not tell me, that any of you in this whole stupid world are that smart. as long as you all, forever reject G-D actually here in TheTorah for other g-ds. it ain't going to happen any non-gan eden different.

all your other new testaments from other g-ds do, is to insure the diluvium always happens. so that we can start It, all over again in day one. because of this world of total idiots. that can never figure out what story, we are all here in from TheG-D of Only TheTorah. this whole worlds, is the religion of stupidanity.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
if any of you think, that G-D quit giving TheTorah. just because a few alleged as jews, crossed a river. then you have all lost, your Torah marbles here in TheTorah again.
Why do you keep referring to a book called the Torah as life or existence itself? Are you referring to what mystics call "the eternal moment" or the "present moment" which goes on and on and on, when you say "here in TheTorah"?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds a little more like reincarnation from Buddhism, not Islam.
<quoted text>
Funny how you accept THAT hadith even though it has no Quranic basis at all, but you reject others that DO have a Quranic basis. Would you like to hear the hadith that clearly tells us that the sun orbits the earth on a daily basis and makes a prophecy that it will one day reverse it's course and rise in the west and even has a Quranic basis of 36:38? And it's even repeated across multiple hadiths? The sun's movement or orbit is equated to where it rises rather than the spin of the earth, and this was Muhammad himself saying this and giving this prophecy, and you know that Muhammad is not allowed to make up any prophecy that Allah does not tell him. Or, maybe he makes them all up, like what he did with the Quran.
Nothing to do with reincarnation. According to the reincarnation belief, only those, who have lived and died on the planet, come back as animals and humans, depending on their past behavior.

I do not accept that hadith. I just quoted it to make a point. If Jesus could have been there, so could have others.

If that hadith says that the sun goes round the earth, please feel free to reject that. Qur'aan does not say that but the Bible does. Right?

I believe I have mentioned that the sun, according to the Bible, rests and rushes to the East to rise up again.

The prophets were not sent to prophesy in my humble view. People took that word literally and started taking them seriously. Most never came true. Prophecy was rampant mostly in Israel.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you? Can you make it to that status?
rabbee: when even one lie, effects everyone on earth. if you help to seduce your grandmother, and she does not make it. then i, do not either. if the world costs even one person their soul, then nobody makes it.

all of you and your grandmother, only get three or four visitation chances at this. before you all get replaced, with another animal mate is appointed for adam's she mate.

and you have all been nothing but a disappointment to G-D, and a total embarrassment to your grandfather adam thrice again. but i shall always be here in TheTorah, since the first and the last time i am. and i shall always be, THEIR Baby Boy adam.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Little bit, I like proof so get rid of the top.
Oh, no! Dear HughBe

She will surely oblige you, bro.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep referring to a book called the Torah as life or existence itself? Are you referring to what mystics call "the eternal moment" or the "present moment" which goes on and on and on, when you say "here in TheTorah"?
rabbee: no physical life can exist, without G-D giving TheTorah. there i nothing mystic, about TheTorah.

the closest you can get, to describing this. is a time, loop. where i must do it again and again, because this whole world and their grandmother is forever choosing to do everything wrong.

you all have given up, the immortality of truth here in TheTorah, for the finite mortality of lying as if not here in It. nobody in this whole lying world, is going to make it to Heaven.

at the very best all of you, and your grandmother sarah faye ann carney. get one more last and final chance, in TheTorah again. and if not, well sorry about that. oblivion is all yours, for your not here in TheTorah asking.

if you are not here in The Physical Torah Happening, G-D is again mercifully giving thrice again. then you are an idolater, of other g-ds. because TheG-D of Only TheTorah, has never given any other stories. and to think otherwise, makes you the liar.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In 78:38, the word RUH refers to Gabriel. Gabriel is also called RUH-UL-AMEEN, which means the spirit of truth or the Spirit of Truth (S and T in caps).
Not all angels carried messages of God to God's prophets. Of all the angels, only Gabriel carried and delivered messages to prophets.
It is very easy to understand, when Qur'aan has been read through.
An angel sharing the title "Holy Spirit of truth" with God is blasphemy.
Only God has the right to bare that title of being called the Holy Spirit of truth.
The title "Holy Spirit" is Hypostatization:Defined in Hebrew Meaning: to attribute real identity to God (a concept) Meaning:
a concept is a fundamental category of existence
Meaning "The Holy Spirit" identity existence of God.
So the angel Gabriel in the Quran cannot be identified as the holy spirit of truth .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••