Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180024 Jun 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The holy spirit mentioned in the verse, which you quoted, is Gabriel. So, Gabriel is the "Holy Spirit" there.
Ruh means Spirit and Quds means Holy.
In case of Jesus, Qur'aan says that he was strengthened with a holy spirit. But that does not mean he was strengthened by Gabriel.
It means Jesus was granted with a noble spirit. In other words, like me, Jesus ah a noble soul.
37. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, the Beneficent God, they shall not be able to address Him.
38. The day on which the spirit and the angels shall stand in ranks; they shall not speak except he whom the Beneficent God permits and who speaks the right thing.

The spirit seems to mentioned as something different or distinct from the angels. I've seen all of the instances where spirit and holy spirit are mentioned in the Quran and it kind of seems like a confusing mess where one can't tell what the Quran really means by spirit or even holy spirit. The meaning seems to keep changing. It's kind of weird or almost like the author isn't keeping track of how this termed was used in the past in the Quran and gives it another meaning, then switches the meaning back again.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180025 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Lebanon have to do with Israel?
The Temple will be built with cedars from Lebanon. They are the ancient Phoenicians and are semitic as are most of the nations in the middle east. According to scripture, the Messiah is about to enter the world stage. "The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no one's quite certain, whose play it is" Supertramp.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180026 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to quote again what statement that I brought up that caused your response above. "Heaven is like a mustard seed"
Well if you think what you just said above, then I have gained a true look into how you think about or the approach that you use to understand any of these things. So you have told me that any conversation between us will always be pointless. Don't ask me any more questions anymore, and I will not respond to anything that you say on this forum anymore, whether it is directed to me, or someone else. Deal?
Your last statement said it all. Now I KNOW how you approach things. You are actually more stupid than I ever previously imagined, and that says a lot, because I knew you were stupid, but I just had no idea just how stupid you really were.
hey deranged MPD cherry picker.
There is nothing that you can teach me from the "bible".
Been there, done it and worn the mustard t'shirt!
You are still at my feet making a slave of yourself.

Stop cherry picking from what BJ said:

If the fool said something was like a mustard seed....did he mean sunflower seed?

Hey fool...there is NO logic or reason in the NT claptrap.
You are too dumb to understand it.
So you are making up your own reality!

Here is something to keep you going....

1. "Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"

2. "But why did you need to search?" he asked. "Didn't you know that I must be in my Father's house?"

3. And He said to them, "Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father's house?"

4. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

What did BJ actually say and mean?
lol..

Since: Jun 13

Howell, NJ

#180027 Jun 16, 2013
HE is The LORD of the RINGS
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180028 Jun 16, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
So....worship the spirit and not a naked pagan satan who is oozing off a phallus begging women to bite his raw meat and suck off his fresh bodily juices/blood.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180029 Jun 16, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Temple will be built with cedars from Lebanon. They are the ancient Phoenicians and are semitic as are most of the nations in the middle east. According to scripture, the Messiah is about to enter the world stage. "The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no one's quite certain, whose play it is" Supertramp.
Supertramp? Is that your Godly name? LOL!!! Nah, I recognize the band's name, but I don't recognize much of what you said. First it was Israel and the U.S., now it's Lebanon. The story keeps changing. And the Temple will be built in Lebanon? That's really going to piss Hezbollah off a lot and Israel too.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180030 Jun 16, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
So....worship the spirit and not a naked pagan satan who is oozing off a phallus begging women to bite his raw meat and suck off his fresh bodily juices/blood.
You sure love to focus on sexual things. Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell us all?

Howell, NJ

#180031 Jun 16, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Alex were did that all come from relax your bound for a stroke
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180032 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I don't even need to get into it. There are many different views on it. But just the statement alone that Jesus existed before Abraham means a reference to his divinity. Would you care to explain how someone who claims to be a normal prophet can make a claim of existence before Abraham?
You idiot...many things existed before Abraham.
Every atom/molecule that made up BJ, existed before the "person" called abraham was born.
Predestiny.....all the characters have been included in the script from day 1.
The new prophet is more important than the old prophet as he is addresseing current issues that affects his people. Therefore, he comes before, the old chap.
More importantly, you haven't a clue as to what BJ said in Aramaic. Try not to confuse yourself using english!
lol.

Howell, NJ

#180033 Jun 16, 2013
Allah the King of the sand monkeys
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180034 Jun 16, 2013
littlebit42 wrote:
HE is The LORD of the RINGS
littlebit is showing a little bit of her breasts, but not too much.

Howell, NJ

#180035 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
letting Allah see I got a little tit l m a off
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180036 Jun 16, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot...many things existed before Abraham.
But a normal man named Jesus did? So you existed before Abraham too? Muhammad did too? Come on. Now you want to get into atoms when convenient for you and yet you want to call my explanations metaphysical (when they aren't metaphysical at all)?
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Every atom/molecule that made up BJ, existed before the "person" called abraham was born.
Predestiny.....all the characters have been included in the script from day 1.
The new prophet is more important than the old prophet as he is addresseing current issues that affects his people. Therefore, he comes before, the old chap.
So the Jews wanted to stone him merely for saying that a new prophet is more important than an old one? Especially after they saw him do miracles?
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
More importantly, you haven't a clue as to what BJ said in Aramaic. Try not to confuse yourself using english!
Well then you know what he said in Aramaic, so share it with the rest of the class.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#180037 Jun 16, 2013
littlebit42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex were did that all come from relax your bound for a stroke
Yeah, give him a littlebit.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#180038 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Supertramp? Is that your Godly name? LOL!!! Nah, I recognize the band's name, but I don't recognize much of what you said. First it was Israel and the U.S., now it's Lebanon. The story keeps changing. And the Temple will be built in Lebanon? That's really going to piss Hezbollah off a lot and Israel too.
Supertramp is the Rock that beget me. Deut. 32:18. Roger Hodgson is a friend on Facebook but it's been months since I've been there. The movie "Desperately seeking Susan" in 1985 was about me. The Temple will be built on the Temple mount in Jerusalem and the Messiah will not go to Israel until then. The Jews have rejected their Messiah, prophecy fulfilled. "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner".
FUCKislam

Ashburn, VA

#180039 Jun 16, 2013
Allah
Is
A
Big
Smelly
Pig
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180040 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to get a fight on? I like it. LOL!!! God verses God. Now we get to see whether God is a man or a woman.
This tranny jinny martini arnold seeker is a deranged MPD sicko who loves conflict.

Now try answering these SIMPLE questions before you go anywhere near the JEWISH books:

We are NOT interested in "long" deluded MPD posts.
We are NOT interested in MPD deluded beliefs.
We are NOT interested in MPD deluded opinions.

We need simple YES/NO FACTUAL answers.
If you don't know the answers, simply butt out, ok.

Try this for size...
WE NEED DIRECT FACTUAL ANSWERS,instead of giving us 10 page responses.

Just a YES or NO will do, as that is the only acceptable answer.

Also prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:

1. "I am God in flesh"…………………………Yes/No

2. "I am God!"…………………………Yes/No
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"..........Yes/No
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........Yes/No
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........Yes/No
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........Yes/N o
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....Yes/No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........Yes/No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........Yes/No

Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent".......Yes/No

16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........Yes/No.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180041 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This really is a deranged sicko.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#180042 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
But a normal man named Jesus did? So you existed before Abraham too? Muhammad did too? Come on. Now you want to get into atoms when convenient for you and yet you want to call my explanations metaphysical (when they aren't metaphysical at all)?
<quoted text>
So the Jews wanted to stone him merely for saying that a new prophet is more important than an old one? Especially after they saw him do miracles?
<quoted text>
Well then you know what he said in Aramaic, so share it with the rest of the class.
Hey sicko....I am not here to prove that BJ is God or if BJ was phycially present before Abraham, which is a biological impossibility...BJ came out of the female organ of Mary about 2000 years ago and long after Abraham.

READ what BJ says....

"Before Abraham was born, I am".

If Rabbeen Al Jihad says this...What would you do?

"Before Seeker was born, I am"

What did BJ mean?

Do you know anything about "I am" and how it is misquoted by idiots like you?

Answer these SIMPLE questions before you go anywhere near the JEWISH books, you fool:

We are NOT interested in "long" deluded MPD posts.
We are NOT interested in MPD deluded beliefs.
We are NOT interested in MPD deluded opinions.

We need simple YES/NO FACTUAL answers.
If you don't know the answers, simply butt out, ok.

Try this for size...
WE NEED DIRECT FACTUAL ANSWERS,instead of giving us 10 page responses.

Just a YES or NO will do, as that is the only acceptable answer.

Also prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:

1. "I am God in flesh"…………………………Yes/No

2. "I am God!"…………………………Yes/No
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"..........Yes/No
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........Yes/No
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........Yes/No
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........Yes/N o
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....Yes/No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........Yes/No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........Yes/No

Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent".......Yes/No

16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........Yes/No.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#180043 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to get a fight on? I like it. LOL!!! God verses God. Now we get to see whether God is a man or a woman.
lol!

No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... 15 hr dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May '17 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May '17 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
More from around the web