Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254002 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#179791 Jun 14, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma please answer these one by one....
I don't need 10 pages response.
Just a YES or NO. That is the only acceptable answer.
Please prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):
Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....Yes/No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........Yes/No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........Yes/No
Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent".......Yes/No
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........Yes/No.
Explain this verse:
SHAKIR: When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179792 Jun 14, 2013
Aw, for sh!t's sake Shamma, nine times?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179793 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma, you and Alex need to duke it out. You guys are absolutely made for each other.

Location hidden

#179794 Jun 14, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Shamma, you and Alex need to duke it out. You guys are absolutely made for each other.
I expect an answer from Alex.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#179795 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I expect an answer from Alex.
I'll stay out of it. Let me grab a bag of popcorn and watch. It should be great. Looking forward to it.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#179796 Jun 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, El Buford for supporting my point.
They do not trust in one God. They trust in a Godhead.
Thus saith the LORD!

And you trust in a bloody barbarian whose only "PROOF" that he was a legitimate prophet of "Allah" was his assurance that he was a legitimate prophet, and not some opportunistic vengeance minded psychotic. JOSEPH SMITH SAID BASICALLY THE SAME DAMNED THING, you idiot!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#179797 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its out there for anyone who wants to read it.
Have patience and post them in installments, that would carry more weight than your Super Posts consisting of 8 or 10 pages.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#179798 Jun 14, 2013
Teachings of Paul Part-18

Subject Matter:

Internal Strife

Gal. 1-6

What Paul Wrote?)

I am surprised at how quickly you have abandoned God….and have gone to another Gospel. Indeed there is no other Gospel but some people are sowing confusion among you

Remarks (MUQ)

Internal Strife was ripe in Christianity since its very beginning. Look at this statement of Paul. It speaks many thinks and hides many other things.

Subject Matter:

Internal Strife

Gal. 1- 9

What Paul Wrote?)

If anyone preaches the Gospel in a way other than you received it, fire that one

Remarks (MUQ)

Burn hum at stake?

Subject Matter:

Internal Strife

Gal. 2-3

What Paul Wrote?)

But there were some intruders and false brothers who had gained access top watch over the way we live the Freedom Christ has given us, they would have us enslaved by the law!, but we refused to yield…

Remarks (MUQ)

The Trouble makers are the ones who try to follow what Jesus taught and not what Paul is teaching.
Simon

UK

#179799 Jun 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have patience and post them in installments, that would carry more weight than your Super Posts consisting of 8 or 10 pages.
so said Muq the master of all spammers
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#179800 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain this verse:
SHAKIR: When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat and the Injeel; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment.
It was explained in my post #179638 on page 8472. Why do you keep asking again and again?

Here I go again:

It is BMZ. I had just posted but looks like the post did not go through.

Anyway, I write again to explain but please keep in mind that there is NO place for the so-called Holy Spirit of Christianity.

5:110 is talking about a future event, when Jesus and his mother will be raised along with all on the Day of Resurrection.

He will be told by God that God had blessed him, shown him favors by giving him knowledge and wisdom and made him perform miracles, which were carried out by the power or the force of God.

On his own he could do nothing. So, when he healed someone, it was God, who had healed that person, not Jesus himself.

Short and sweet, the message is: "I, the LORD, gave you knowledge and wisdom and without My power and force behind you, you could do nothing!"

To us, the words holy spirit simply means one granted with a noble spirit. So, the prophets and messengers of God were men, who were noble or holy. They were not spirits.

Bonus Note:

The Holy Spirit was created by the confused founding fathers of the Church and the Christianity in the later part of the 4th Century.

So, you can say that this Holy Spirit 'proceeded forth' from men.

Location hidden

#179801 Jun 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ can you explain what these verses say?
Explain this verse:

Location hidden

#179802 Jun 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It was explained in my post #179638 on page 8472. Why do you keep asking again and again?
Here I go again:
Anyway, I write again to explain but please keep in mind that there is NO place for the so-called Holy Spirit of Christianity.
5:110 is talking about a future event, when Jesus and his mother will be raised along with all on the Day of Resurrection.
He will be told by God that God had blessed him, shown him favors by giving him knowledge and wisdom and made him perform miracles, which were carried out by the power or the force of God.
On his own he could do nothing. So, when he healed someone, it was God, who had healed that person, not Jesus himself.
Short and sweet, the message is: "I, the LORD, gave you knowledge and wisdom and without My power and force behind you, you could do nothing!"
To us, the words holy spirit simply means one granted with a noble spirit. So, the prophets and messengers of God were men, who were noble or holy. They were not spirits.
Bonus Note:
The Holy Spirit was created by the confused founding fathers of the Church and the Christianity in the later part of the 4th Century.
You realize that Allah committed Shirk.
Allah shared his glory with another person.
Allah gave Jesus the power to create a life in a bird by breathing on it, the same as Allah created man by breathing on Adam.
Only Allah has the power to create, and Allah shared that power to create with Jesus.
Your interpretation does fit the meaning of the text.

There is no word in that text from from Allah saying "BE" to the bird.
The life of the bird was given to the bird purely by the power of Jesus to create by his own power to create without Allah.

Location hidden

#179803 Jun 14, 2013
@ BMZ Correction:
Your interpretation does not fit the meaning of the text.

Location hidden

#179804 Jun 14, 2013
@ BNZ Correction.
Your interpretation does not fit the text
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#179805 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>MUQ can you explain what these verses say?
Explain this verse:
Like a parrot you are asking every one the same question?

What is your problem with this verse.

The meanings are as clear as day light?

Why are you so dumb?

Location hidden

#179806 Jun 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I go again:
Bonus Note:
Allah gave Jesus the power to create a life in a bird by breathing on it, the same as Allah created man by breathing on Adam.
Only Allah has the power to create, and Allah shared that power to create with Jesus.
The life of the bird was given to the bird purely by the power of Jesus to create by his own power to create without Allah.
The force of Allah is an unpredictable act of nature.
Force of God.
The legal definition of Force Majeure is French for an act of God; an inevitable, unpredictable act of nature, not dependent on an act of man. Force Majeure Definition... act of God . Force majeure may be a defense to performing contractual duties if performance has
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/F/Forc...
Act of God Definition
The legal definition of Act of God is An event which is caused solely by the effect of nature or natural causes and without any interference by humans whatsoever. Act of God Definition... of God
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/A/Acto...
Jesus performed the creating of life in that bird by His own power .
It was not done by an unpredictable act of nature.
That means Allah considered Jesus as Allah's Son equal to Allah in that text.

Location hidden

#179807 Jun 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a parrot you are asking every one the same question?
What is your problem with this verse.
The meanings are as clear as day light?
Why are you so dumb?
Here is the answer MUQ to that Scripture text in the Quran.
Force of God.
The legal definition of Force Majeure is French for an act of God; an inevitable, unpredictable act of nature, not dependent on an act of man. Force Majeure Definition... act of God . Force majeure may be a defense to performing contractual duties if performance has
Act of God Definition
The legal definition of Act of God is An event which is caused solely by the effect of nature or natural causes and without any interference by humans whatsoever. Act of God Definition... of God
bmz

Singapore

#179808 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You realize that Allah committed Shirk.
Your interpretation does fit the meaning of the text.
Allah, the LORD Almighty shares Glory with NO ONE. Isaiah and other prophets also confirmed that.

When I explained the verse, I had told you very clearly that Jesus had no power and force of his own.

On his own, Jesus could not do anything. Just remember that.

When a menstruating woman had touched him, his power was gone. Right? So, he was powerless.

Why not make Moses also a God of Christianity? He showed great miracles. Right? Did he have power to do that himself?

About the word "BE", read this from Surah 3. Be can be found as 'become' in 3:49:

42. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations.

43. "O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down."

44. This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Messenger.) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point).

45. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.

46. "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."

47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it,'Be,' and it is!

48. "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

49. "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel,(with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

50. "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

51. "'It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"

Here you also learn what was Jesus' Way. Worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God.
bmz

Singapore

#179809 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the answer MUQ to that Scripture text in the Quran.
Force of God.
Act of God Definition
Bull Shit!

Force Majeure is not a Christian or a biblical term or a scriptural clause, ignorant fool. It is a term used in Contracts.

I have already told you that Jesus had no power. On his own, he could not do any damn thing. If the man had his own power, he would have done wonders and would have succeeded.

Allah condemns Trinity and denies having a son. Jesus never said, "Listen Israel! I am the son of God!"

God showed some miracles through Elijah, Moses and Jesus.
bmz

Singapore

#179810 Jun 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
@ BNZ Correction.
Your interpretation does not fit the text
One more correction:

It is BMZ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web