Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
169,041 - 169,060 of 200,989 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

What these "committed Fanatics" (Shamma is one of them) lack is patience.

They want to upload all their "acquired knowledge" (in the form of cut and paste) in one huge "Super Post" which no one has time to read!!

If they would have gone slowly and posted one page per day, may be people would have time to read and comment.

May be this in the reason in their mind, that no one should read what they post!!

They have done their job and no one got any information!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
What these "committed Fanatics" (Shamma is one of them) lack is patience.
They want to upload all their "acquired knowledge" (in the form of cut and paste) in one huge "Super Post" which no one has time to read!!
If they would have gone slowly and posted one page per day, may be people would have time to read and comment.
May be this in the reason in their mind, that no one should read what they post!!
They have done their job and no one got any information!!
Its out there for anyone who wants to read it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The dumb Baptist boy Eric was the cause for it.
His Baptist ministers preach Muslim idea's in his head.
Eric might even be a Muslim pretending to be a Baptist.
Well, I sincerely doubt THAT. But I never really understood the animosity between the two denominations as they are really so close together in so many ways. They vary on the view of Mary, even though both consider her to merely be a saint, and neither considers her to be a God. So I don't see that as a big deal, as long as neither calls her God or treats her that way. Often, Protestants can misunderstand the Christian view of Mary, but she always was and always will be called SAINT Mary, not Christ Mary. But I think that there is even agreement on the Trinity, if I am not mistaken, even though, technically speaking, one is not "required" to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian, although it is very strongly recommended. But technically, the only true, required belief is that one believes in Jesus as their savior. Unitarian is "technically" considered a Christian faith, although some might disagree, but it is technically classified as that because they still do take Jesus as their savior.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Satan attacks the Church, but God protects it from destruction.
I like the Catholic church and I was raised as a Catholic and went to Catholic school for the first 8 years and got a great education. I don't like the Church's overly hierarchical power structure, and in that respect it deviates from Jesus' teachings, but on the other hand, that power structure has at least used it's money to help the needy. Probably more than any other religious institution there is. So I look at the good and bad. I like Pope Francis' humble attitude and I think he is a step in the right direction to bring the Church back to where it should be.

But in terms of Satan attacking the church, he hasn't done nearly as good of a job at that than some Priests themselves with all of these sex scandals. Don't get me wrong, I think that most Priests a truly good, wonderful and truly helpful people and it's a shame for their name to be tainted. But I think that before the Church worries about Satan, it needs to take care of it's own house first and clean it up.

I really think that they should allow Priests to marry, and they got this no marriage idea from a very vague thing that Paul said that wasn't specifically against Holy men getting married at all. But this is why they have the problems they now have. Homosexuals and sexual deviants have used the Church as a hiding place, so that nobody will think it is odd for them to not have a woman. So if they amend this, that will go a long way to take care of the problem and the amount of Priests that they get will probably double.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been thoroughly misinformed, El.
Even Christians do not understand what the hell the Trinity is. Just talk to a few and they do not have the same definition and understanding of Trinity and do not comprehend what the absurd Trinity is.
The Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost and their damned Trinity is already a lie and a great piece of misinformation.
Since there was no real Trinity and it was a lie, God refuted and condemned it through Qur'aan.
El, Neither Jesus nor his disciples are on record for teaching and preaching Trinity, so you must condemn it too.
Trinity is the Mother of All Blasphemies, El.
http://www.religionfacts.com/c hristianity/beliefs/trinity.ht m

Excerpt:

Christians regards their religion as monotheistic, since Christianity teaches the existence of one God - Yahweh, the God of the Jews. It shares this belief with two other major world religions, Judaism and Islam.

However, Christian monotheism is a unique kind of monotheism. It holds that God is One, but that three distinct "persons" constitute the one God: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This unique threefold God of Christian belief is referred to as the Trinity (from Latin trinitas, "three").
Fast Facts on the Trinity

The word "Trinity" does not appear in the Bible
The word "Trinity" was first used by Tertullian (c.155-230)
The doctrine of the Trinity is commonly expressed as: "One God, three Persons"
The doctrine is formally defined in the Nicene Creed, which declares Jesus to be: "God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father."
Past and present Christian faiths who do not believe in the Trinity include:
Arianism (4th century)
Some Radical Reformers (16th century), such as Michael Servetus
Jehovah's Witnesses
Mormonism
Unitarianism
Reasons given for rejecting the doctrine of the Trinity include:
It is not mentioned in the Bible
It does not make philosophical sense
It is not compatible with monotheism
It is not necessary in order to explain the "specialness" of Jesus
Reasons given for believing in the Trinity include:
It is taught indirectly in various statements in the Bible
It explains the divinity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit while affirming monotheism
It would not be expected that the nature of God would make sense to human minds
The early ecumenical councils (primarily Nicea) are authoritative
Modern Denominational Statements on the Trinity

There are many differences in doctrine between various mainstream Christian denominations, but the doctrine of the Trinity is not one of them.

The mystery of the Most Holy Trinity is the central mystery of the Christian faith and of Christian life.
-- Roman Catholicism

The fundamental truth of the Orthodox Church is the faith revealed in the True God: the Holy Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.-- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

We teach that the one true God. is the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost, three distinct persons, but of one and the same divine essence, equal in power, equal in eternity, equal in majesty, because each person possesses the one divine essence .-- Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)

We trust in the one triune God.-- Presbyterian Church (USA)

The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.-- Southern Baptist Convention

There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body or parts, of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in unity of this Godhead there are three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity-the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.-- United Methodist Church
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are ignorant of the teaching of God.
You were born with an intellect of free will and the gift of reasoning.
Those that do wrong, do wrong by their own free will and reasoning.
They are left alone to their own destruction, or come by their own free will by the use of reason to stop doing wrong.
Muslims are an example of the abuse of their free will and reasoning in continuing to do wrong in the world.
What is inside of your mind Muslim?
You don't get it Muslim.
Muhammad and the Quran train you to have the wild savage mind of wild savage dogs.
Muhammad robbed Muslims of Gods gift of reason.
Muhammad's religion of Islam is founded on the tenets of lies, rape, robbery, capture, ransom, slavery, and murder for the gain of earthly power.
You don't get Muslim.
You want to be accepted as a righteous person, but you cannot be accepted as a righteous person, for you live the sinful life of Muhammad.
Your ignorance is trying to make Muhammad's life an righteous life when Muhammad built his religion on the tenets of lies, rape, robbery, capture, ransom, slavery, and murder for the gain of earthly power.
All you do is preach the sinful life of Muhammad to non-Muslims.
And non-Muslims cannot accept the sinful life of Muhammad as being righteous.
That is despicable.
Actually, this is how it started:

You, Shamma quoted something absurd from Revelation.

"Revelation 22:11 New International Version (©2011)
Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.""

This was ridiculous and therefore, I wrote: That is clearly a forgery. Jesus could not have said that.

If he said that, then Jesus was wrong.

Remember he did not sit in the company of the righteous, when questioned?

Does this ring a very loud bell?

And now you write another ridiculous post. What will the majority of intelligent silent readers will think?

This should ring an alarm bell in the minds of the silent majority of international readers.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the Catholic church and I was raised as a Catholic and went to Catholic school for the first 8 years and got a great education. I don't like the Church's overly hierarchical power structure, and in that respect it deviates from Jesus' teachings, but on the other hand, that power structure has at least used it's money to help the needy. Probably more than any other religious institution there is. So I look at the good and bad. I like Pope Francis' humble attitude and I think he is a step in the right direction to bring the Church back to where it should be.

But in terms of Satan attacking the church, he hasn't done nearly as good of a job at that than some Priests themselves with all of these sex scandals. Don't get me wrong, I think that most Priests a truly good, wonderful and truly helpful people and it's a shame for their name to be tainted. But I think that before the Church worries about Satan, it needs to take care of it's own house first and clean it up.

I really think that they should allow Priests to marry, and they got this no marriage idea from a very vague thing that Paul said that wasn't specifically against Holy men getting married at all. But this is why they have the problems they now have. Homosexuals and sexual deviants have used the Church as a hiding place, so that nobody will think it is odd for them to not have a woman. So if they amend this, that will go a long way to take care of the problem and the amount of Priests that they get will probably double.
Good post and I had also strongly recommended years ago that priests and nuns should be allowed to get married.

I had also suggested removal of cabins and chambers. Instead the Church can come up with modern open style office, which has no cubicles and everyone can see each other. Janitors should be present at all toilets.

Also, Church choir of little kids and young boys, should be abolished to get rid of the unholy mess.

Thanks.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Satan attacks the Church, but God protects it from destruction.
you do not understand God nor even know who God is.
God leaves Muslims to alone to destroy them self.
In Gods eyes Muslims are a lost cause.
Muslims have a false sense of protection against Satan, because they are unaware that Muslims have been already engulfed by Satan.
Jesus warned:
&#9668; Revelation 22:11 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy."
Christians are made Holy by their belief in the redemption works of Jesus on the cross.
The righteousness of Jesus Gods Son is imputed unto Christians as Gods adopted Spiritual sons.
Salaamz Shammy ! & LMAO again! I do so love to hear the rantings of frail men who claim to know the mind of The Almighty,when in reality they are just nothing more than scripture mongerz.Perhaps some experience with the real spirit would relieve you of being such a GAS-BAG! LOL! CheerZ
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post and I had also strongly recommended years ago that priests and nuns should be allowed to get married.
I had also suggested removal of cabins and chambers. Instead the Church can come up with modern open style office, which has no cubicles and everyone can see each other. Janitors should be present at all toilets.
Also, Church choir of little kids and young boys, should be abolished to get rid of the unholy mess.
Thanks.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Salaams brother! How are you?
Is "seeker" still having his hysterical turns here? lol
When the fool talks about "logic reason and more logic" I am sure many here spray their teas and coffees.
1. If their system does not allow the holy men and women to get married we can help them through our system!

2. The little choir boys were castrated to retain their angelic voices for as long as possible.
That is why "seeker" is squealing like a little girl?
Salaams
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello "logical" person.
For how long was Mary a virgin?
Try answering my other questions instead of ducking and diving.........as you were hounding rabbee for a response to your crazxy questions.
These are not too crazy..and whats sauce the goose is sauce for good old "seekr":

Let us try again...
Instead of deviously insulting the person who asks the question, can you be decent and honest enough to admit the following?

Following are a few simple DIRECT CLOSED questions that require simple DIRECT & SHORT answers. I have even answered EACH of these DIRECT questions in a DIRECT manner.

If you disagree, please come up with your response to these with the appropriate Chapter and Verse of Gospels:

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:

1. "I am God in flesh"..........No
2. "I am God!"..........No
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God".....No
4. "I am God in person"..........No
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........No
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........No
7. "I am made of sin"..........No
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........No
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........No
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........No
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"..No
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........No

Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"...No

16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........NO.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its out there for anyone who wants to read it.
Is virgin mary still a virgin?
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello "logical" person.
For how long was Mary a virgin?
Try answering my other questions instead of ducking and diving.........as you were hounding rabbee for a response to your crazxy questions.
These are not too crazy..and whats sauce the goose is sauce for good old "seekr":
Let us try again...
Instead of deviously insulting the person who asks the question, can you be decent and honest enough to admit the following?
Following are a few simple DIRECT CLOSED questions that require simple DIRECT & SHORT answers. I have even answered EACH of these DIRECT questions in a DIRECT manner.
If you disagree, please come up with your response to these with the appropriate Chapter and Verse of Gospels:
Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels? If so please give chapter and verse from Gospels:
1. "I am God in flesh"..........No
2. "I am God!"..........No
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God".....No
4. "I am God in person"..........No
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........No
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........No
7. "I am made of sin"..........No
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........No
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........No
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........No
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"..No
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead".....No
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”.........No
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father..........No
Bonus points:
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"...No
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”.........NO.
SalaamZ & Salutations A123wm. O!M!G! TweekRs gonna have an analspazm over this one.LOL! CheerZ
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Wise up rabbee.
You are a lost cause.
Shamma please answer these one by one....
I don't need 10 pages response.
Just a YES or NO. That is the only acceptable answer.

Please prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):

1. "I am God in flesh"..........Yes/No
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
You are a lost cause.

Please prove your claim by giving us the appropriate Chapter and Verse from the Gospels,(NOT OT or other books):

2. "I am God!"…………………………Yes/No
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
You are a lost cause.

3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"..........Yes/No
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
You are a lost cause.

4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
You are a lost cause.

5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
You are a lost cause.

6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"..........Yes/No
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
You are a lost cause.

8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"..........Yes/No
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
You are a lost cause.

9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"..........Yes/N o

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••