Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256488 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177687 May 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes! I have read it. Jeremiah was full of sorrow and was simply lamenting.
Well then he shouldn't be considered a Jewish prophet and we should throw that book out as well. In fact, we should throw anything and everything out that doesn't say exactly what you want it to say.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The most remarkable sentence in above is: "I will be their God, and they will be my people."
And the moral of the story is that the LORD will forgive the sins, if they truly repent and know their God.
Didn't Jesus say he would die so that sins may be forgiven?

Also this.

Jeremiah
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
John 14
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
8 Philip said,“Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say,‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Now I know you're just going to hate this and deny it any way that you can, but it sure looks like to me that Jesus was trying to fulfill that prophecy.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to show me something else in the above passage from Jeremiah?
What else do you want me to show you? Something that makes you feel better by confirming your ideas rather than contradicting them?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177688 May 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are fully aware of Christianity and her false teachings. See, if we had not been aware of all fraud and forgeries in the gospels, we would not have been able to tell you that Matthew 28:18-19 is a forgery. Peter baptized only in Jesus' name.
It is the other way round. We are teaching your own Bible to you and we show all the misinformation and misreports in the book, which we call Misquoting Jesus.
I am glad to see that Seeker did not respond the way you misbehaved. You are soooo unlike your Christ. Gandhi was right about you.
rabbee: using your forgery of men, to judge another as a forgery? well of course your, going to conclude that all others are forgeries as compared to yours. when all G-D gave to me, is TheTorah to judge all of your new testaments.

but it is still, by command of the subtle beasts of the fields. for you all to make up, your own new - gnu not here in TheTorah testaments. and new testaments are nothing new, even since the days of the tower of babel. and we can all see, what G-D thought of that new testament.

with G-D having TheEvareem and the alleged as jews, fighting against all those other new testament critters not here in TheTorah. and still you all, do not get the point.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177689 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
where was Jeremiah 31 in their response? Why did they leave that out?
Ask them you fool.
Just get this straight...
Did Jesus EVER say he came for the Gentiles?
We need proper clarification....
You are aware of errors arising from uploading Hebrew/Aramaic chats into koine greek and then into many other languages...
go forth to neighbouring towns and villages..suddenly becomes "nations"!!
Load of bullcrap...and you have just started on this learning process.
When you develop a working brain..you will throw NT out!
I can wait...I am patient..

By the way...
Are you a CHRISTIAN?
Did Jesus deny Judaism as his religion and claim he will start "Christianity"!!!!!

You are a pillock...
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177690 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then he shouldn't be considered a Jewish prophet and we should throw that book out as well. In fact, we should throw anything and everything out that doesn't say exactly what you want it to say.
<quoted text>
Also this.
Jeremiah
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
John 14
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
8 Philip said,“Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say,‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.
Now I know you're just going to hate this and deny it any way that you can, but it sure looks like to me that Jesus was trying to fulfill that prophecy.
<quoted text>
What else do you want me to show you? Something that makes you feel better by confirming your ideas rather than contradicting them?
You got it!!!
If liars mistranslate the Jewish book...then YES, they have to throw the books out.
The OT has many mistranslations and "errors".
Ask the local Jewish Rabbi.
If he can't give you any...then ask him to become Christian!
You are a pillock!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177691 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if everything from the Bible that I submit to you will merely be called a lie if it doesn't fit your story, then don't bother to ask me about it anymore. Fair enough? Be consistent. I don't care how you choose to act, but pick a behavior and be consistent. Is the NT to be thrown out or not? If it is to be thrown out, then stop asking where it says certain things.
Hey nutcase...the Jews do NOT need a naked pagan on a pole to save them!
Muslims don't need a naked pagan on a pole to save them.

We both believe that we are quite happy to reach God direct without naked men in the middle.

Personal relationship with G-d allows us to turn directly to Him at any time, as it says in Malachi 3:7, "Return to Me and I shall return to you" and in Ezekiel 18:27, "When the wicked man turns away from his wickedness that he has committed, and does that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive."

King Solomon said that the main purpose of humanity is to believe in G-d and keep His commandments, as is stated in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, "The end of the matter, when all is said and done: Be in awe of G-d and keep his commandments, for that is the whole duty of man." Deuteronomy 30:11-14, teaches that this path to G-d is unquestionably within our grasp.

Ditch the buttNAKED pagan on a phallus.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177692 May 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Malaysia and Singapore are famous the world over for hanging drug dealers and traffickers. Who told you that Malaysia receives Iranian drug dealers? Scotland Yard or the British Media Circus, Carl?
I do not hold Scotland Yard in a high esteem.
rabbee: muslems hang drug dealers, for selling to their own. they do not care, if they are selling them to non-muslem countries. they could care less, if their alleged as enemies destroy themselves with drugs.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177693 May 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good!
So, make sure that you do not worship Jesus. And never say that Jesus is God or the son of God.
May God bless you and keep Satan far, far, far away from you. Amen!
Jesus is the Son of God.
God manifested in Human form.

You don't get it Muslim!
Without Jesus there is no forgiveness of sin.

Muslims are are screwed, the Muslim Allah god has no Son.
The Muslim Allah god is Muhammad's moon god.

In the Quran Muhammad is the boss of his moon god Allah.
And Muhammad is just a jerk pretending to be a prophet of the real God YHWH.
The God of Abraham and Moses.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#177694 May 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew cannot be a forgery for God is Spirit and we must worship God in the spirit.
And the only way we can worship God in the spirit is to be reborn of the spirit of God.
We are born of the flesh from the seed of Adam, and Adam's seed is contaminated with sin.
And sin is the wages of death, and so we die.
And if we die in sin we are separated from God.
Muslims are ignorant of God.
The heart and soul of Muslim are filled sin.
Matthew is full of forgeries.

Matthew 28:18-19 IS a forgery because it cannot be found in any ancient manuscripts.

You will die in sin if you believe that Jesus S/o Mary, is God. Your heart and mind have been filled with lies and forgeries and since you believe the nonsense, you are guilty of sin against God.

Was Peter a Muslim? Why did that fool go and baptize people only in Jesus' name?
bmz

Location hidden

#177695 May 26, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: using your forgery of men, to judge another as a forgery? well of course your, going to conclude that all others are forgeries as compared to yours. when all G-D gave to me, is TheTorah to judge all of your new testaments.
but it is still, by command of the subtle beasts of the fields. for you all to make up, your own new - gnu not here in TheTorah testaments. and new testaments are nothing new, even since the days of the tower of babel. and we can all see, what G-D thought of that new testament.
with G-D having TheEvareem and the alleged as jews, fighting against all those other new testament critters not here in TheTorah. and still you all, do not get the point.
Rabbee,

Is saying "There is only one G-d", a forgery?

The shrewd and subtle beasts of the fields came up with three G-ds, when Jesus spoke only of one.

How many G-ds are there in your theTorah? One or three?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177696 May 26, 2013
NOTES ALONG THE WAY - LAWS GOVERNING LIFE & DEATH:

1) If the consciousness is sufficiently awakened, it can instinctively and intuitively make the right moves during an emergency to avert complete breakdown of the body and as such the person concerned is saved from death, grievous injury or the damage incurred is minimized.

2) Besides, if the body is resilient enough, it can absorb the direct hits to it and recover sufficiently well over time.

3) Life in the body continues so long as the physical apparatus can contain the indwelling consciousness-energy. The causal link between matter (body) and the inherent consciousness-energy snaps only after the body wears out beyond a certain critical limit or if the body is shattered to pieces or if it is poisoned and fails to respond to remedies.

4) Some idiotic being called G-d or God is not responsible for life and death - life, death and afterlife (disembodied state of consciousness-energy) are governed by causation.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177697 May 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, bro
Yes, I heard that. Quite shocking.
To me, it was clearly the case of public apathy. Instead of listening to and filming the depraved man, who had gone berserk, a few men having some balls, should have attacked the killer and should have over-powered him.
Salaams, bro...yes it is appalling.
Although this has nothing to do with mainstream Islam, the Muslims here are working hard to root out such idiots.

Also, there are many fundraising/collections being taken for the family of the dead soldier.

If the coward who killed the british soldier had any balls, he can get off to afghanistan or syria to fight them.

Some nutters use religion to justify their criminal behaviour...
They are cowards...if they really wish to fight british soldiers, they should give up their british citizenship and fight our soldiers in far off lands.

We may NOT agree with what is happening in MiddleEast with our soldiers unwittingly being used as cats paw to serve corrupt governments, multinationals and other interests.

Then we should stand outside parliaments and protest..and vote for change...

But that is no excuse to kill our soldiers here in britain on our own soil.

These morons must be put to death.
Our thoughts are with a slain soldier and his family.
Salaams.
bmz

Location hidden

#177698 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
?
No, Jesus did not.

Where and when did he say that? Please quote the exact verse!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177699 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not an ex priest. He simply lied about being that. This is why I keep asking him what denomination he was in and he refuses to answer. You would think that he would because it's a very simple question. Please don't answer this for him. Thank you.
rabbee: well if my reply does not, coax him into answering it. then nothing you, say will.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177700 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Son og God and a physical manifestation of God because he could only do the will of God, not his own.
<quoted text>
Of course not, but he did say this.
8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.
This is a VERY simple request...
Let us make it easy for you...

I will answer the questions concerning my religion and my prophet...
I am here posting as a Muslim.
"What is your religion?".....Islam
"Is Muhammed your God?"......NO.
"What is the religion of Muhammed?"...Islam
"Did Muhammed ever deny Islam and say 'I am No longer a Muslim by faith'?.....NO.

Using the same token....I have the right to ask you...

"What is your religion?"
"Is Jesus your God?"
"What is the religion of Jesus?"
"Did Jesus ever deny Judaism and say 'I am No longer a Jew by faith'?"

SIMPLE!

Now that you started waffling about "son of god" "manifestation of god".....care to expand on this?
Only begotten son?
biological son made with mary?
or what does "son" really mean?
What do you think makes him "the son"
Why do you you think he is physical manifestation of god?"

He NEVER made a single DIRECt claim...
Surely, that puts you amoung the "hallucinated nutters"!

We can wait till you find the answers...
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177701 May 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus did not.
Where and when did he say that? Please quote the exact verse!
he calls himself "seeker"....a seeker of lies!
bmz

Location hidden

#177702 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, bro...yes it is appalling.
Although this has nothing to do with mainstream Islam, the Muslims here are working hard to root out such idiots.
Also, there are many fundraising/collections being taken for the family of the dead soldier.
If the coward who killed the british soldier had any balls, he can get off to afghanistan or syria to fight them.
Some nutters use religion to justify their criminal behaviour...
They are cowards...if they really wish to fight british soldiers, they should give up their british citizenship and fight our soldiers in far off lands.
We may NOT agree with what is happening in MiddleEast with our soldiers unwittingly being used as cats paw to serve corrupt governments, multinationals and other interests.
Then we should stand outside parliaments and protest..and vote for change...
But that is no excuse to kill our soldiers here in britain on our own soil.
These morons must be put to death.
Our thoughts are with a slain soldier and his family.
Salaams.
Indeed!

The killer should be hanged but the problem is that Britain does not have death penalty.

I hope the other prisoners will finish him up.
bmz

Location hidden

#177703 May 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
NOTES ALONG THE WAY - LAWS GOVERNING LIFE & DEATH:
1) If the consciousness is sufficiently awakened, it can instinctively and intuitively make the right moves during an emergency to avert complete breakdown of the body and as such the person concerned is saved from death, grievous injury or the damage incurred is minimized.
2) Besides, if the body is resilient enough, it can absorb the direct hits to it and recover sufficiently well over time.
3) Life in the body continues so long as the physical apparatus can contain the indwelling consciousness-energy. The causal link between matter (body) and the inherent consciousness-energy snaps only after the body wears out beyond a certain critical limit or if the body is shattered to pieces or if it is poisoned and fails to respond to remedies.
4) Some idiotic being called G-d or God is not responsible for life and death - life, death and afterlife (disembodied state of consciousness-energy) are governed by causation.
Make it simple, fool!

No life, the body is dead.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177704 May 26, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i would be skeptical, of any ex-priest. from any church or synagogue, that has only begun to reject pedophile priests.
I NEVER approve of pedophiles. period.
Do you want more reasons why I left the establishment...
bmz

Location hidden

#177705 May 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the Son of God.
God manifested in Human form.
You don't get it Muslim!
Without Jesus there is no forgiveness of sin.
Muslims are are screwed, the Muslim Allah god has no Son.
The Muslim Allah god is Muhammad's moon god.
In the Quran Muhammad is the boss of his moon god Allah.
And Muhammad is just a jerk pretending to be a prophet of the real God YHWH.
The God of Abraham and Moses.
Was Jesus himself the Jerk, who told people that he was the son of God or God? Did the Jerk himself ever say, "I am the son of God" or "I am God"?

If he was not the Jerk, who was the Jerk or who were the Jerks, who said that lie against the Son of Mary?

Must have been some great Jerk. Can you name the Jerk, it Jesus were not that Jerk, Jerk?
bmz

Location hidden

#177706 May 26, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
he calls himself "seeker"....a seeker of lies!
That is why I have asked Seeker to seek that lie for me, bro.

Salaams and good night to you and all.

BMZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fossilised tooth Feb 10 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb 8 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb 7 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan 25 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan 23 Wally Hope 4
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec '16 Off Topic 5
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec '16 Lucifer 9
More from around the web