Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 211,924

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177619 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says? The person who invented Karma? Does what goes around always come around?
Right.

Funny as many people believe that what goes around always comes around, labeling this as a law.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177620 May 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
THE MECHANISM OF SURVIVAL:
1) Life in the body depends on the resilience of the body to negatives like wear and tear, diseases, toxins and accidents and on how the indwelling consciousness-energy acts on the body and with respect to its surroundings - animate and inanimate objects.
2) If the body is sufficiently resilient, it can endure adverse impacts better than a body that possesses a lower resilience.
3) If the indwelling consciousness is awakened to a minimal degree then the body escapes being hit or damaged by accidents or even by attempts at being murdered but on the contrary if harmed the consciousness reacts in such a way so as to minimize the impact of the hit to the physical apparatus by which I mean the consciousness being sufficiently aware acts and reacts in the proper manner at the time of the disaster so that the fatality of the physical injury is minimized and if to this is added bodily resilience then even serious blows sustained by the body do not cause the inherent consciousness-energy to quit the body - a condition called death - and recovery from damage always takes place and life in the body continues until the body can no longer support the innate consciousness-energy.
Have you ever heard of a run on sentence? Your grammar is atrocious.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177621 May 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the Gospels don't even affirm what you and ABE believe.
Gospel of Matthew 24:28
for this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Gospel of Mark 14:24
and he said to them,'This is my blood, the blood of the covenant, poured out for many.
Gospel of Luke 22:19
Then he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying,'This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.'
Gospel of John
(no hint at all)
You have two Gospels, that of Matthew and Mark, stating the Nazarene's blood will be poured out for many, and not for all, as you and ABE believed. One Gospel, that of Luke, stating that Nazarene's blood is given for you, which seems addressed to his disciples, rather than the rest of hummanity, and the Gospel of John don't even bother to mention what is supposed to be an important step of Yeshua's work.
Since Yeshua didn't claim he died for us all, my point still stands and it stands as fact, while your claim is baseless being utterly unsupported by the Gospels.
I never said it meant died for everyone. I said died for sins. Died so that sins may be forgiven, but it doesn't say everyone. Jesus also said some will be thrown into the fire like weeds during a harvest. My understanding is that one has to believe it before it will effect them or they will be forgiven.

I have already wrote a long diatribe about what I believe original sin to actually be and my theory on why Jesus had to die and be resurrected, but nobody read it anyway, and I doubt you will either. So it would be a rather pointless waste of my time.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177622 May 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS DOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the Jewish view of Original Sin. Extracted from http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
rabbee: the hypocrisy of all you, with the original sin. probably do not want to recognize, this in yourselves.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177623 May 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Spirit? soul? What are these entities?
The law of causation governs life in the body and in the disembodied state as well.
The Hebrew word for soul is "nephesh" and it means life. The blood is the life of the flesh and man does not have a soul, he is a soul. The soul is the body. The Hebrew word for spirit is "ruach" and it means breath or wind. The spirit enters the soul upon birth and taking that first breath. The soul is mortal, but the spirit has the capacity to be immortal. The spirit is composed of energy, light and heat, and also has weight.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177624 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, just keep doing what you are doing. I can promise you that not even one of them pays any attention to you. And as far as explaining it to them, what makes you so sure that you interpret it correctly?
The glorify God.
Are you the guy Muslims talk about that they kicked your ass, and you dropped out and are now back under a different name?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177626 May 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses was a most evil man - a satanist, a psychopath and a mass murderer.
He was a sorcerer.
Besides, he was terribly ignorant of the causal laws and intrinsic mechanisms governing nature and being.
I can't think of a single original, profound and sublime teaching of this evil man called Moses.
Moses, Mao and Muhammad rank among the most evil men in history.
What makes you think Moses was evil JOEL? He was only fulfilling the dictates of the living God. You are also acknowledging that the incident at the sea of reeds happened. I always thought you denied that? Egypt committed suicide by following Israel into the sea. Magic and the supernatural works of the living God are two different things. Jesus was a sorcerer. Moses was the messenger of the covenant between God and mankind.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177627 May 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The glorify God.
Are you the guy Muslims talk about that they kicked your ass, and you dropped out and are now back under a different name?
No, not at all. Have you seen them ever kick my ass here? I ask the right questions to them and they pretend that they never saw them. I know the right questions to ask them because a non Muslim that knows the Quran and hadiths very well is their worst nightmare because every time they try deception, I know the exact right Quran verses and hadiths to produce that contradict what they say.

Sometimes, you get in my way while I am doing this with long diatribes. And they use you for cover to pretend they never saw what I quoted and they turn and carry on the conversation with you so that they can pretend that they never saw what I posted. That's how they behave. I have a lot of experience with this and I know all of the tactics and tricks they try.

Location hidden

#177628 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it meant died for everyone. I said died for sins. Died so that sins may be forgiven, but it doesn't say everyone. Jesus also said some will be thrown into the fire like weeds during a harvest. My understanding is that one has to believe it before it will effect them or they will be forgiven.
But when ABE Froman said he died for all us, you didn't say anything, and when I answered to him by saying no one died for all us. You disagree with me and not with him. Uhm...

Now instead, you never meant he died for everyone, WTF LOL

When I asked you who died for the sins of all of us, showing the facts, I didn't see you tell me no one. You just said you believe in the Gospels, who by the way are vague and in contrast with each others about it, but you can't prove it, implying that the Gospels said or meant he died for all of us.

After I showed what the Gospels say on that matter you changed your mind and taken a different position... Whatever.

One question for you since you believe he died for some and forgiveness of sins. What is the mechanism to which his death results as the cause of forgiveness of the sins?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#177629 May 26, 2013
Larry the Cable Guy wrote:
Have you ever met the God of the Hebrews and the Jews?

How in the hell would you know it if you had?
One can meet God only after the Day of Judgement.

No one has seen or met God in the history of the Universe. Even the prophets or the messengers of God have not seen God. So, how can you expect me to have met the God of the Hebrews and the Jews?

If any one had seen God, surely he would have described God. Right? Even Jesus did not. Right?

Now, you may ask why do I believe in the God of Abraham, Moses, the Hebrews and the Jews?

Answer: Because the Qur'aan said so.

See, Buford, Qur'aan never told us to believe in the God of Paul, Peter, james, Thomas, Christianity
and other Toms, Dicks and Harries.

Location hidden

#177630 May 26, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the Gospels don't even affirm what you and ABE believe.
Gospel of Matthew 24:28
for this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Gospel of Mark 14:24
and he said to them,'This is my blood, the blood of the covenant, poured out for many.
Gospel of Luke 22:19
Then he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying,'This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.'
Gospel of John
(no hint at all)
You have two Gospels, that of Matthew and Mark, stating the Nazarene's blood will be poured out for many, and not for all, as you and ABE believed. One Gospel, that of Luke, stating that Nazarene's blood is given for you, which seems addressed to his disciples, rather than the rest of hummanity, and the Gospel of John don't even bother to mention what is supposed to be an important step of Yeshua's work.
Since Yeshua didn't claim he died for us all, my point still stands and it stands as fact, while your claim is baseless being utterly unsupported by the Gospels.
Why did Jesus have to die for our sins?

by Matt Slick

The reason Jesus had to die for our sins was so that we could be forgiven and go to be with the Lord. Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9) and only God can satisfy the Law requirements of a perfect life and perfect sacrifice that cleanses us of our sins.

All people have sinned against God. But, God is infinitely holy and righteous. He must punish the sinner, the Law- breaker. If He didn't, then His law is not Law for there is no law that is a law without a punishment. The punishment for breaking the Law is death, separation from God. Therefore, we sinners need a way to escape the righteous judgment of God. Since we are stained by sin and cannot keep the Law of God, then the only one who could do what we cannot is God Himself. That is why Jesus is God in flesh. He is both divine and human. He was made under the Law (Gal. 4:4) and He fulfilled it perfectly. Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.

The following outline is an attempt to break this down, step by step, using scripture and logic. I hope that it helps you understand why God is our savior and not some created thing. Also, I hope that it helps you understand that you must trust in Christ alone for the forgiveness of your sins; that you can do nothing on your own to merit salvation from God.
1.God exists. A.Gen. 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

2.God is infinite A.Psalm 90:2, "Before the mountains were born, Or Thou didst give birth to the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God."
B.Psalm 147:5, "Great is our Lord, and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite."
C.Jer. 23:24, "Can a man hide himself in hiding places, So I do not see him?” declares the Lord.“Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the Lord."

3.God is holy A.Isaiah 6:3, "And one called out to another and said,“Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory.”
B.Rev. 4:8 "And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177631 May 26, 2013
Paul Muad Dib wrote:
<quoted text>So, the Gospel writer lied, or Jesus lied, or the only one who CAN redeem his brother by giving a ransom to God for him is God in human form.
Have you considered THAT possibility?
How can God be a ransom for himself? The gospel writer may have lied but I really think they were just ignorant. The scripture also says an eye for an eye, life for life. Jesus would have to be crucified once for every believer. Do you think he would be willing to do that?

bmz

Singapore

#177632 May 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
What is Gods message to mankind?
"You shall worship only ME, with all your hearts, all your minds and all your souls and know that I am the LORD your God. Besides me there is no other God and there is no other Savior as I am the only Savior. I am forever!!!"

Right?

Do you follow God's message? Do you even believe what I wrote?

Location hidden

#177633 May 26, 2013
EVILNESS OF MOSES

Number 31:14-18

14. Moses became angry with the officers of the army, the commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, who had returned from the campaign of war.

15. Moses said to them, "Did you allow all the females to live?

16. They were the same ones who were involved with the children of Israel on Balaam's advice to betray the Lord over the incident of Peor, resulting in a plague among the congregation of the Lord.

17. So now kill every male child, and every woman who can lie intimately with a man you shall kill.

18. And all the young girls who have no experience of intimate relations with a man, you may keep alive for yourselves.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177634 May 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The glorify God.
Have you changed one single Muslim mind here with what you say? I haven't because I know it's pointless to try, but you don't know that yet. All I do is to shoot holes through their lies. I'm not going to preach Christianity to them to merely have them ignore it anyway. But you can do that all you want if you choose. It is a free forum. You mention they don't have Bibles in Muslim countries. Ever hear of the internet? They can access the Bible anytime they want. Sure, I may quote from the Bible, but it is only to substantiate a point that I am making. I don't just shove Bible verses down their throat and say they are true because I say so. That's what Muslims do with the Quran. And it's pointless, retarded behavior.

bmz

Singapore

#177635 May 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What was the purpose of Jesus going to hell? To suffer for the sins of those who believe in him? Do you really think 3 days was enough? Or was it to redeem all those who were in hell? Don't you think all the demons would accept him? And if the demons then went to heaven, would their nature be changed? In Christianity, the wicked go to heaven and the righteous go to hell. You can't see the paradox and you call this a righteous and just judge?
Actually, I do not believe in the Horse Shit that Jesus went to hell first. I was pulling the poster's leg.

Location hidden

#177636 May 26, 2013
Continued:

4.God is righteous A.Neh. 9:32-33, "Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who dost keep covenant and lovingkindness, Do not let all the hardship seem insignificant before Thee, Which has come upon us, our kings, our princes, our priests, our prophets, our fathers, and on all Thy people, From the days of the kings of Assyria to this day. 33“However, Thou art just in all that has come upon us."
B.2 Thess. 1:6, "For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you."

5.Therefore, God is infinitely holy and just.
6.Furthermore, God speaks out of the character of what He is. A.Matt. 12:34, "...For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart."

7.God spoke the Law A.Exodus 20:1-17, "Then God spoke all these words, saying, 2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 3 “You shall have no other gods before Me...."

8.Therefore, the Law is in the heart of God and is a reflection of God's character since it is Holy and good. A.Rom. 7:12, "So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good."

9.Furthermore, to break the Law of God is to offend Him since it is His Law that we break. This sin results in an infinite offense because God is infinite.
10.Furthermore, it is also right that God punish the Law breaker. To not punish the Law breaker (sinner) is to allow an offense against His holiness to be ignored. A.Amos 2:4, "Thus says the Lord,“For three transgressions of Judah and for four I will not revoke its punishment, because they rejected the law of the Lord And have not kept His statutes."
B.Rom. 4:15, "...for the Law brings about wrath."

11.God says that the person who sins must die (be punished). The wages of sin is death. A.Ezekiel 18:4, "Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die."
B.Rom. 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

12.The sinner needs to escape the righteous judgment of God or he will face damnation. A.Rom. 1:18, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness."
B.Matt. 25:46, "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

13.But, no sinner can undo an infinite offense since to please God and make things right, he must obey the Law, which is the standard of God's righteous character. A.Gal. 2:16, "...by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."
B.Gal. 2:21, "I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

14.But the sinner cannot fulfill the law because he is sinful (in the flesh). A.Rom. 8:3, "For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son..."

15.Since the sinner cannot fulfill the law and satisfy God, it follows that only God can do this. A.This is simple logic. If we are unable to fulfill the Law, then we will be punished by it. But, since God desires us to be saved, the Law must be satisfied. Since we cannot keep the Law and it must be satisfied, then the only one capable of keeping the Law must keep the Law: God.

16.Jesus is God in flesh. A.John 1:1,14, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.... 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."
B.Col. 2:9, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177637 May 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.
What about the ones who will be thrown into the fire like weeds are thrown into the fire during a harvest? Does Matt Slick read his Bible correctly?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177638 May 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all. Have you seen them ever kick my ass here? I ask the right questions to them and they pretend that they never saw them. I know the right questions to ask them because a non Muslim that knows the Quran and hadiths very well is their worst nightmare because every time they try deception, I know the exact right Quran verses and hadiths to produce that contradict what they say.
Sometimes, you get in my way while I am doing this with long diatribes. And they use you for cover to pretend they never saw what I quoted and they turn and carry on the conversation with you so that they can pretend that they never saw what I posted. That's how they behave. I have a lot of experience with this and I know all of the tactics and tricks they try.
Nobody sensible takes this nutter seriously. If his stupidity is pointed out he runs...
This lying cowardly moron is deluded beyond belief.
Shamma has the courage to admit that he/she is a mangod worshipping "Christian" who believes that Jesus is God.
We respect Shamma for standing up for his/her belief even if we don't agree!
This lying two faced profit-seeker/jinny martini/arnold/bemused conservative/jeffrey whyte/POTS/god seer....hasn't the courage to admit that he worships BJ and that he is a "Christian"!

Give Shamma anytime with all hi/her imperfections....!

We have been this sicko seeker......

- Is Jesus your God?

- What is the religion of Jesus? Did he ever deny Judaism and say "I am No longer a Jew by faith"? LOL

Silence!!

Location hidden

#177639 May 26, 2013
Continued:

17.Jesus was also a man under the Law. A.1 Tim. 2:5, "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

B.Gal. 4:4-5, "But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons."

18.Jesus became sin for us and bore our sins in His body on the cross, thus fulfilling the Law. A.2 Cor. 5:21, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

B.1 Peter 2:24, "and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed."

C.Rom. 8:3-4, "For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

19.Therefore, salvation is by grace through faith since it was not by our keeping the Law, but by

Jesus, God in flesh, who fulfilled the Law and died in our place. A.Eph. 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

B.Gal. 3:13, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us — for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree."

C.Eph. 5:2, "and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost Forever Isis militants smash ancient artif... Thu Eleanor 1
Dead Sea Scrolls, Ancient Artifacts to Be Displ... Feb 22 dollarsbill 16
Archaeologists start to unearth the secrets of ... Feb 15 DeQuitacre 1
Tobacco planted on archaeological area Feb 12 Tokat 1
Copper mining threatens Afghan site of ancient ... Feb 8 Mag 1
Take the WW II archaeology quiz Feb 3 Eric Swanson 4
Site C floods will wash away 12,000 years of hu... Feb 3 Dalaiwmn 1
More from around the web