Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177511 May 25, 2013
Life and Death are properties of consciousness, energy and matter and a phenomenon of how matter interacts with the indwelling energy-consciousness. Life and death have nothing to do with some stupid being calling itself G-d or God.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177512 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is he supposed to pay attention to what you are saying? Why is he not merely going to write off what you say as your own belief?
Because Joe is a lost soul.
And Joe has not been confronted with the reality of being a lost soul.
You have a problem your self.
Are you true to your own convictions of right and wrong?
Do you put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior?
Has your education in the Catholic school helped you to understand Gods will for you?
What is your purpose of posting on these threads?
Is just to have fun?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177513 May 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>What are you talking about?
You are a disgrace against God.
You have no idea what you are saying.
You talk gibberish.
What ever your beliefs are they need to be destroyed in you.
You are possessed with an evil spirit.
You need to come to Jesus and confess your sins.
“Lord Jesus Christ,
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask your forgiveness and now turn from everything which I know is wrong. Thank you for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever.
Thank you, Lord Jesus.
Amen.”
You need to change your life around Susan, and come to understand the consequence of being a sinner.
Through Jesus you are given a new life to live in union with God.
Only the living creator God can forgive sin, Shamma and there's more to repentance and forgiveness than simply asking. A wicked person can ask for forgiveness and go on sinning. "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me". God set the rules for this and established the Day of Atonement to accomplish it. The rules include remorse, confession, restitution and change. We are also to afflict our soul(body) with fasting. It is unfortunate you believe your god can forgive because you are yet in your sin and you will follow him into death.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177514 May 25, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What you refer to as God is a petty being who protects and guides the tribe most faithful o it.
This petty being is sadistic and kind depending on what its mood is at the given moment and how its human followers obey its dictates.
Judaism is a cult given to demon worship.
Christianity and Islam are also founded on satanism.
You are blaspheming the name of the living God and I suspect you're projecting. You have managed to offend almost everybody on this forum.

Location hidden

#177515 May 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Only the living creator God can forgive sin, Shamma and there's more to repentance and forgiveness than simply asking. A wicked person can ask for forgiveness and go on sinning. "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me". God set the rules for this and established the Day of Atonement to accomplish it. The rules include remorse, confession, restitution and change. We are also to afflict our soul(body) with fasting. It is unfortunate you believe your god can forgive because you are yet in your sin and you will follow him into death.
But you can not accomplish that without receiving Jesus Christ.

The Lord's Supper Instituted
26And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink you all of it; 28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

You are ignorant of Gods teachings.
You are picking and choosing Scripture with connecting the dots.
You are a disgrace to God.

Location hidden

#177516 May 25, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Life and Death are properties of consciousness, energy and matter and a phenomenon of how matter interacts with the indwelling energy-consciousness. Life and death have nothing to do with some stupid being calling itself G-d or God.
God Joe is the Giver of consciousness.
Sin is the cause of death.
You are all screwed up Joe.
You need Jesus Christ in your life Joe.

26And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink you all of it; 28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Location hidden

#177517 May 25, 2013
@ Susan Correction-without connecting the dots,

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#177518 May 25, 2013
Life and Death are phenomena relating to how matter interacts with the indwelling energy-consciousness.

Location hidden

#177521 May 25, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Life and Death are phenomena relating to how matter interacts with the indwelling energy-consciousness.

Elihu Rebukes Job
…3My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly.
4The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty has given me life. 5If you can answer me, set your words in order before me, stand up.…

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Job 12:10 In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.

Job 32:8 But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#177522 May 25, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many indipendent sources talking about him, there is also monuments built by him as well dated at his period and so on.
Who told you there are proof of historica figure after 200 years? From which jungle you come from?
If there are no "independent" people living in Arabia at the time of our prophet, so he would cease to exist?

What is this type of test and proof?

Will a remote villager staying in village tells his story which is duly and truly recorded, will it be "rejected" because no "Independent" people testified to it?

Our prophet was present before the whole nation of Arabia and every one who saw him, gave testimony about him.

Why should we care if people from Rome and England and Germany did not knew about him?

Their ignorance would not snatch the "historicity" of our prophet, will it?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#177523 May 25, 2013
Teachings of Paul Part-5

14. Subject Matter: Bearer of Sin

2Cor. 5-21

What Paul Wrote?)

He had no sin, but God made him bear our sin, so that in him we might share the holiness of God

Remarks (MUQ)

Own Logic of Paul and so strange and he does not need any Proofs from Jesus' lips.

15. Subject Matter: Bias

1 Cor. 4-15

What Paul Wrote?)

..And it was I who gave you life in Christ through the Gospel..

Remarks (MUQ)

Which Gospel? Paul' own?

16. Subject Matter: Bishop

Titus 1-6

What Paul Wrote?)

Since the Bishop is the stewards of God’s house, he must be beyond reproach, not proud, not hot headed, over fond of wine, quarrelsome or greedy for gain

Remarks (MUQ)

No such qualifications for prophets of God!

17. Subject Matter: Bishop

1Tim. 3-2

What Paul Wrote?)

It is necessary that the bishop be beyond reproach, the husband of one wife, responsible, judicious, of good manners, hospitable and skillful in teaching...if he cannot cover his own house, how can he lead assembly of God?

Remarks (MUQ)

Are these not laws? If every law is curse, why Paul gives so many laws himself?
Mohammad Zia ul-Haq

Saint Albans, WV

#177525 May 25, 2013
Bukhari, volume 9,#58
Narrated Abu Burda, "Abu Musa said.....Behold there was a fettered man beside Abu Musa. Muadh asked, "Who is this (man)?" Abu Musa said, "He was a Jew and became a Muslim and then reverted back to Judaism." Then Abu Musa requested Muadh to sit down but Muadh said, "I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and his COMFORTER," and repeated it thrice. Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed. Abu Musa added, "Then we discussed the night prayers .....

Perhaps the subject of the night prayers discussion was how best to murder apostates, prayerfully.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#177526 May 25, 2013
I was just watching some of the old clips of the talk show - Rendezvous with Simi Garewal. Her interview with Maneka Gandhi is touching. Kudos to both.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177527 May 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>But you can not accomplish that without receiving Jesus Christ.
You are ignorant of Gods teachings.
You are picking and choosing Scripture with connecting the dots.
You are a disgrace to God.
So you're advocating cannibalism. There was a whole ritual for the sacrifice. The blood was supposed to be poured out on the ground before the altar, it wasn't to be drunk. And the body of the animal was to be burned and eaten. God does not approve of human sacrifice and apparently the first Christians stole Jesus' body and ate it. You can't have it both ways. Either he rose to heaven bodily or his disciples did as instructed and ate his body.
Mohammad Zia ul-Haq

Saint Albans, WV

#177528 May 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Teachings of Paul Part-5
2Cor. 5-21
What Paul Wrote?)
He had no sin, but God made him bear our sin, so that in him we might share the holiness of God
Remarks (MUQ)
Own Logic of Paul and so strange and he does not need any Proofs from Jesus' lips.
15. Subject Matter: Bias
1 Cor. 4-15
What Paul Wrote?)
..And it was I who gave you life in Christ through the Gospel..
Remarks (MUQ)
Which Gospel? Paul' own?
16. Subject Matter: Bishop
Titus 1-6
What Paul Wrote?)
Since the Bishop is the stewards of God’s house, he must be beyond reproach, not proud, not hot headed, over fond of wine, quarrelsome or greedy for gain
Remarks (MUQ)
No such qualifications for prophets of God!
17. Subject Matter: Bishop
1Tim. 3-2
What Paul Wrote?)
It is necessary that the bishop be beyond reproach, the husband of one wife, responsible, judicious, of good manners, hospitable and skillful in teaching...if he cannot cover his own house, how can he lead assembly of God?
Remarks (MUQ)
Are these not laws? If every law is curse, why Paul gives so many laws himself?
Are you not mad?

Paul's entire argument was that scrupulous adherence to the Law of Moses does not justify a man in God's sight, but rather FAITH. Romans 3:28

King James Version (KJV)

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

The advice that Paul gives regarding Bishops is just that, period.

You understand nothing.
Mohammad Zia ul-Haq

Saint Albans, WV

#177529 May 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Teachings of Paul Part-5
2Cor. 5-21
What Paul Wrote?)
Remarks (MUQ)
Mark 10:35 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him.“Teacher,” they said,“we want you to do for us whatever we ask.”

36 “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked.

37 They replied,“Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory.”

38 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said.“Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?”

39 “We can,” they answered.

Jesus said to them,“You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, 40but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”

41 When the ten heard about this, they became indignant with James and John. 42Jesus called them together and said,“You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Saint Albans, WV

#177530 May 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>So you're advocating cannibalism. There was a whole ritual for the sacrifice. The blood was supposed to be poured out on the ground before the altar, it wasn't to be drunk. And the body of the animal was to be burned and eaten. God does not approve of human sacrifice and apparently the first Christians stole Jesus' body and ate it. You can't have it both ways. Either he rose to heaven bodily or his disciples did as instructed and ate his body.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Supper

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#177531 May 25, 2013
THE MECHANISM OF SURVIVAL:

1) Life in the body depends on the resilience of the body to negatives like wear and tear, diseases, toxins and accidents and on how the indwelling consciousness-energy acts on the body and with respect to its surroundings - animate and inanimate objects.

2) If the body is sufficiently resilient, it can endure adverse impacts better than a body that possesses a lower resilience.

3) If the indwelling consciousness is awakened to a minimal degree then the body escapes being hit or damaged by accidents or even by attempts at being murdered but on the contrary if harmed the consciousness reacts in such a way so as to minimize the impact of the hit to the physical apparatus by which I mean the consciousness being sufficiently aware acts and reacts in the proper manner at the time of the disaster so that the fatality of the physical injury is minimized and if to this is added bodily resilience then even serious blows sustained by the body do not cause the inherent consciousness-energy to quit the body - a condition called death - and recovery from damage always takes place and life in the body continues until the body can no longer support the innate consciousness-energy.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177532 May 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>So you're advocating cannibalism. There was a whole ritual for the sacrifice. The blood was supposed to be poured out on the ground before the altar, it wasn't to be drunk. And the body of the animal was to be burned and eaten. God does not approve of human sacrifice and apparently the first Christians stole Jesus' body and ate it. You can't have it both ways. Either he rose to heaven bodily or his disciples did as instructed and ate his body.
rabbee: not everybody who says - "eat me" - is advocating cannibalism. and somebody who is about to murder anyone, gets drunk on their blood.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#177533 May 25, 2013
Life and death are independent of the caprices of some being calling itself God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan 15 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan 3 John 1
King Tut's Dagger was Made From a Meteorite Jan 3 John 1
Grid Gardens Dec '17 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov '17 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
More from around the web