Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228468 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177395 May 23, 2013
Larry the Cable Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II ended the cold war. You are quite wrong.
rabbee: oh yeah - like G-D, had nothing to do with it. as usual G-D commands for something to happen, and there are thousands of people trying to take credit for it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177396 May 23, 2013
when something severely horrible happens, it's an act of G-D. but when something, look good to us. the hypocrites say, we did it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177397 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What was the purpose of Jesus going to hell? To suffer for the sins of those who believe in him? Do you really think 3 days was enough? Or was it to redeem all those who were in hell? Don't you think all the demons would accept him? And if the demons then went to heaven, would their nature be changed? In Christianity, the wicked go to heaven and the righteous go to hell. You can't see the paradox and you call this a righteous and just judge?
rabbee: personally i think They are supposed, to talk the hell out of you all. cause this sure as hell ain't GanEden, we are all here in today.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177398 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>You are God, or, at least, the next best thing?
I will publish the name of the Lord. Deuteronomy 32:3. I am "a voice crying in the wilderness" and I'm travailing in childbirth. "Wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail and all faces are turned into paleness". When VWD Day comes, I will break forth. It is the first day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. I will set on fire all of my enemies with a "fiery, flying serpent" and will "shew the lighting down of my arm".
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177399 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God will plead with all flesh to repent and keep the covenant of life. God will also cut off her enemies and then the wicked. Those who have committed a deadly sin will only get one chance to repent. The Lord is a God of second chances. The Lord will bring the law and the knowledge of God to the earth. All those in heaven will inherit the earth and will dwell here for eternity. When the Messiah comes, she will unite the righteous against the wicked and both come in all races, religions and colors. She will also empty the prisons and bring everlasting peace and prosperity to the world.
rabbee: i have never known, G-D to plead or beg. THE'LL tell you the truth, and if you still refuse to repent. THE'LL make your life, a worse living hell for the next 41 years. and then see if, you are ready to listen. and it would not be wise, to push your alleged as not luck luck beyond this.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177400 May 23, 2013
turk_power wrote:
You say "Messiah is son of god".And you say "Messiah is dead".How can gods die?
The God of Israel is the living God and creator. Jesus was not God or the son of God. Earth is called the "land of the living" and has come to earth in the incarnation. Everybody who has ever been born is subject to the death of the soul (body) but the God of Israel will conquer and transcend death and live and reign forever on earth. Jesus did not rise from the dead, if he had he would be here.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#177401 May 23, 2013
Carl wrote:
A couple of days before the attack in London by some Muslims, BMZ disappeared from Topix to then appear the day of the attack. He was secretly preparing the logistic of the attack, and then came back to his homeland. In the past he said that around this period he was about to go in London for "business trip".
lol!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#177402 May 23, 2013
@ Carl

I will be leaving for Malaysia soon. Will be back on Sunday.

Please let me know if anything drastic happens during my absence.
YTube

AOL

#177403 May 23, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177404 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God will plead with all flesh to repent and keep the covenant of life. God will also cut off her enemies and then the wicked. Those who have committed a deadly sin will only get one chance to repent. The Lord is a God of second chances. The Lord will bring the law and the knowledge of God to the earth. All those in heaven will inherit the earth and will dwell here for eternity. When the Messiah comes, she will unite the righteous against the wicked and both come in all races, religions and colors. She will also empty the prisons and bring everlasting peace and prosperity to the world.
What is the covenant of life?
John 15:10-12
10 If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken to you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#177405 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>MUQ the Clean Mouthed,
I've been learning about life history of your "prophet" from Islamic historians and biographers like Ishaq and Bukhari and Muslim and Abu Dawood. From them I've learned that Mohammad was a thief, a murderer, a rape enabler, and an enslaver of women and children, but I've learned especially from the Qur'an that your "prophet" was a plagiarist who mangled what he "borrowed," a Jew hating bigot, and a vengeance minded narcissist who was always threatening eternal doom to those -and there were many- who had the good sense to reject his testimony as that of a deluded and bloody tool of the jinns.
<quoted text>
He sniffs, contemptuously.
<quoted text>
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Luke 5:17-26
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man
17 One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick. 18 Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19 When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.
20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said,“Friend, your sins are forgiven.”
21 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves,“Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
22 Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked,“Why are you thinking these things in your hearts? 23 Which is easier: to say,‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say,‘Get up and walk’? 24 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man,“I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 25 Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God. 26 Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said,“We have seen remarkable things today.”
Thank you my "foul mouthed" Brother!!

How come so diametrically opposite views can one have after reading the same set of books?

The Love and Hate is in the mind of Reader!!

Perhaps if you re-read those books, with open mind, you could reach a different conclusions.

But can a Bigot and a man with "sewer mouth" can ever have Open Mind?

That is a Trillion Dollar Question!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#177406 May 23, 2013
SC wrote:

01. But Muhammad since childhood tripped with his uncle in different places, and let's not forget that Waraqa was a Christian and maybe a priest from Makkah, and he was the one who told to Muhammad that the angel that supposedly visited him is Gabriel.

Anyway keep lying.
Ans.

01. Mere Suspicions do not prove anything.

02. Our prophet traveled with his uncle only once when he was a lad of 10 or 11 years old and once or twice when he traveled with a trade caravan.

There is no proof that he went into long discussions with religious people there.

03. Waraqa might have been a Christian, but he was not a Christian priest in Makkah and neither had a following.

Our prophet was not his regular visitor or his disciple.

Yes he told our prophet that the visitor whom he had seen was Angel Gabriel, because the message looked similar to what Moses and Jesus preached.

That is all and Waraqa died soon afterwards.

And the Quran gives a challenge to every one to bring a book like Quran. No one took up the challenge nor can take it even now.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#177407 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
01. And yet you are supposed to believe that all prophets are equal. Isn't that what your religion teaches?

02. Anyway, you are correct. Muhammad was a very uneducated murderer with no philosophical depth at all, and Jesus had an amazing knowledge of human nature.

03. Muhammad and/or the Quran was as deep as a baby pool with a baby turd in it. But you know knowing about depth of thought.

04. Things like that are never taught to you, you are only taught the Quran, so anything of any depth just completely flies over your head. That's okay, it clearly flew over Muhammad's head as well.
Ans.

01. Saying all prophets are equally honorable to us, does not mean that they are same.

Quran testifies that God favoured some prophets over others and gave some of them gifts which He did not give to others.

But in the office of Prophethood they have the same status. If that was not the case,. Followers of every prophet will try to exaggerate their own prophets and try to do down the others.

02. And your comments regarding our prophet just proves this!!

You think by using abuses and curses and speaking gutter language for him, makes Jesus happy? Do you?

03. I am seeing what is taught to you people. The language you use, the free flowing uses of curses, abuses and name calling which we see on this and other thread, if this is what your books and your prophets taught you, then we are at least better off than you on this ground.
Mohan Achmid

Perth, Australia

#177408 May 23, 2013
Allah is a DIckHead!!
Mohan Achmid

Perth, Australia

#177409 May 23, 2013
All us muslims think that Allah exists. Well let me tell you all, he doesn't. Allah is a croc of Sheet!!!
Wake up all you fanatical boring stick in the mud believers of Islam or any religion. Just live your like, have fun, be merry, have plenty of sex etc etc.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177410 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Saying all prophets are equally honorable to us, does not mean that they are same.
Quran testifies that God favoured some prophets over others and gave some of them gifts which He did not give to others.
But in the office of Prophethood they have the same status. If that was not the case,. Followers of every prophet will try to exaggerate their own prophets and try to do down the others.
You think by using abuses and curses and speaking gutter language for him, makes Jesus happy? Do you?
03. I am seeing what is taught to you people. The language you use, the free flowing uses of curses, abuses and name calling which we see on this and other thread, if this is what your books and your prophets taught you, then we are at least better off than you on this ground.
Why should non-Muslims believe Muhammad and Allah, when Allah and Muhammad curse the non-Muslims?
Those who deny Muhammad's revelations are like dogs. 7:176
Those who deny Muhammad's revelation are evil. 7:177
Larry the Cable Guy

Saint Albans, WV

#177411 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Thank you my "foul mouthed" Brother!!
How come so diametrically opposite views can one have after reading the same set of books?
The Love and Hate is in the mind of Reader!!
Perhaps if you re-read those books, with open mind, you could reach a different conclusions.
But can a Bigot and a man with "sewer mouth" can ever have Open Mind?
That is a Trillion Dollar Question!!
MUQ the Open Minded,

Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken as captives. The captives were divided among the Muslims. Then the Messenger began taking the homes and property that were closest to him."

Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"

Tabari VII:97 "The morning after the murder of Ashraf, the Prophet declared,'Kill any Jew who falls under your power.'"

Bukhari:V1B1N6 "Just issue orders to kill every Jew in the country."

Tabari VIII:122
Ishaq:515 "The Prophet gave orders concerning Kinanah to Zubayr, saying,'Torture him until you root out and extract what he has. So Zubayr kindled a fire on Kinanah's chest, twirling it with his firestick until Kinanah was near death. Then the Messenger gave him to Maslamah, who beheaded him."

Qur'an 5:33 "The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Prophet and make mischief in the land, is to murder them, crucify them, or cut off a hand and foot on opposite sides...their doom is dreadful. They will not escape the fire, suffering constantly."

Tabari VII:133
Ishaq:387 "When Muhammad saw Hamzah he said,'If Allah gives me victory over the Quraysh at any time, I shall mutilate thirty of their men!' When the Muslims saw the rage of the Prophet they said,'By Allah, if we are victorious over them, we shall mutilate them in a way which no Arab has ever mutilated anybody."

Qur'an 9:29 "Fight against those People of the Book [Christians and Jews] who do not follow what Allah and His Messenger acknowledge as the true religion (Islam), nor accept Our law, until they pay the Jizyah tribute tax in submission."

The re-read passages above establish that your "prophet" was at the very least a thief, a sadistic murderer, an enslaver of woman and children, a vengeance-minded narcissist, and a Jew and Christian intolerant bigot.

Again, Mohammad the Comforter. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177412 May 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Quran is based on the NT
It is not based on the NT at all and I have no idea why you would say this when it is clear that you have never even read the Quran at all. So why would you say something with no basis at all? Why do you just make things up for yourself?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#177413 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Mere Suspicions do not prove anything.
02. Our prophet traveled with his uncle only once when he was a lad of 10 or 11 years old and once or twice when he traveled with a trade caravan.
There is no proof that he went into long discussions with religious people there.
03. Waraqa might have been a Christian, but he was not a Christian priest in Makkah and neither had a following.
Our prophet was not his regular visitor or his disciple.
Yes he told our prophet that the visitor whom he had seen was Angel Gabriel, because the message looked similar to what Moses and Jesus preached.
That is all and Waraqa died soon afterwards.
And the Quran gives a challenge to every one to bring a book like Quran. No one took up the challenge nor can take it even now.
Talking about proof there are no proof of the existence of Muhammad, nor of Abraham went all the way down to Kaaba, nor of an angel visited him etc What was your point then?

What do you mean by Waraqa might have been a Christian? Don't you trust anymore Islamic tradition, or you trust them when it's more confortable for you? If it is so, then let's say that Muhammad might have been the messenger of god, and that an angel might have visited him.

Your desperation is so big that you arrive to deny that Muhammad had any contact with Christians when Waraqa was a Christian in Makkah, and cousin of the first wife of Muhammad, as well as relative of your prophet. And common sense tells us if there was a Christian there, there is a good chance that there were other Christians as well.

Don't tell me your prophet had no way to plagiarize the Bible when one of his relative was a Christian who according to Aishia he read the Bible in its original language and learned Hebrew.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177414 May 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Verses please?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean like what Muslims do with Muhammad and like you have done in your posts here? You actually did exactly what you say shouldn't be done
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that I don't think Muhammad was a prophet at all, he was nothing but a fraud. So I'm not putting one prophet over another, I am putting all prophets above the fraud Muhammad. Can you understand the difference?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me my gutter language. Come on, show it. Prove it. You can't unless you think the words fraud and liar are gutter language. Just because I think Muhammad is a fraud does not automatically mean I am speaking gutter language. But in your mind, it does because nobody is allowed to properly examine Muhammad and question his authenticity. So to you, that's gutter language. I can show you real gutter language if you would like, but I don't see what that will lend to the conversation.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
03. I am seeing what is taught to you people. The language you use, the free flowing uses of curses,
I don't use curse words unless you think fraud and liar are curse words.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
abuses and name calling which we see on this and other thread, if this is what your books and your prophets taught you, then we are at least better off than you on this ground.
It isn't what Jesus teaches, it's just what some people besides myself do. If you think Jesus teaches this, then show me the verses. If you want me to show you the verses from the Quran that advocate violence and that jihadists use, I most certainly can. Are you up for the challenge? I can assure you, you will lose and you even know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul 31 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul 30 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
'Skulls, Shamans and Sacrifice in Stone Age Bri... Jul 13 Dave 1
Are 2 Million People Really Buried In 74 Graves? Jul 12 Candy 1
More from around the web