Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#177318 May 23, 2013
turk_power wrote:
You say "Messiah is son of god".And you say "Messiah is dead".How can gods die?
When the alleged son died, the Father also died. Came in the alleged Holy Spirit and resurrected both of them.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177319 May 23, 2013
turk_power wrote:
You say "Messiah is son of god".And you say "Messiah is dead".How can gods die?
rabbee: well maybe He got better, even is She hasn't again.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177320 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add "God in animal form also". I am referring to the lamb.
So you think that literally means in lamb form?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177321 May 23, 2013
just watching all the pigs, praising their own lard.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177322 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How come such a "great book" was not included in the Christian Bible? It would have said to Revelation, "Move away! Here, I come!"
Can you get it in your Bible?
The Ethiopian Bible includes that.
Jesus came and chose the Apostles in the NT to spread the good news, that Jesus the Son of God was crucified, died on the cross, and was resurrected from the dead by the glory of God the Father.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177323 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add "God in animal form also". I am referring to the lamb.
The lamb is a symbol of Christ crucified for the sins of the world.
"The Lamb of God that take's away the sins of man".
bmz

Location hidden

#177324 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that literally means in lamb form?
I don't, but John did think so. He saw a bloodied lamb, carrying scrolls and opening the seals.

As I said earlier, the language is very easy for me to understand. When JTB said, "Here comes the lamb of God", he meant, "Here comes a meek and a simple man of God". Meek as in humble.
bmz

Location hidden

#177325 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus came and chose the Apostles in the NT to spread the good news, that Jesus the Son of God was crucified, died on the cross, and was resurrected from the dead by the glory of God the Father.
Again off topic like the writers of the gospels. I wrote this about the Book of Enoch:

How come such a "great book" was not included in the Christian Bible? It would have said to Revelation, "Move away! Here, I come!"

bmz

Location hidden

#177326 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jewish Apocrypha [NWNTI:18]
2 Esdr 7.26-30: "For indeed the time will come, when the signs that I have foretold to you will come to pass, that the city that now is not seen shall appear, and the land that now is hidden shall be disclosed. Everyone who has been delivered from the evils that I have foretold shall see my wonders. For my son the Messiah shall be revealed with those who are with him, and those who remain shall rejoice four hundred years. After those years my son the Messiah shall die, and all who draw human breath. Then the world shall be turned back to primeval silence for seven days, as it was at the first beginnings, so that no one shall be left."
2 Esdr 12.31-34: "as for the lion whom you saw rousing up out of the forest and roaring and speaking up to the eagle and reproving him for his unrighteousness, and as for all his words that you have heard, this is the Messiah whom the Most High has kept until the end of days, who will arise from the offspring of David, and will come and speak with them. He will denounce them for their ungodliness and for their wickedness, and will display before them their contemptuous dealings. For first he will bring them alive before his judgment seat, and when he has reproved them, then he will destroy them. But in mercy he will set free the remnant of my people, those who have been saved..."
2 Esdr 13.3: the vision--"As I kept looking the wind made something like the figure of a man come up out of the heart of the sea. And I saw that this man flew with the clouds of heaven" with the explanation in 13.25--"This is the interpretation of the vision: As for your seeing a man come up from the heart of the sea, this is he whom the Most High has been keeping for many ages, who will himself deliver his creation;" and in 13.32: "When these things take place and the signs occur that I showed you before, then my Son will be revealed, whom you saw as a man coming up from the sea."
2 Esdr 13.36-37: "But he shall stand on the top of Mount Zion. And Zion shall come and be made manifest to all people, prepared and built, as you saw the mountain carved out without hands. Then he, my Son, will reprove the assembled nations for their ungodliness..."
2 Esdr 13.52: "He said to me,'Just as no one can explore or know what is in the depths of the sea, so no one on earth can see my Son or those who are with him, except in the time of his day."
2 Esdr 14.9: "for you shall be taken up from among humankind, and henceforth you shall live with my Son and with those who are like you, until the times are ended."
[Note: 2 Esdr 3-14, from which the above passages are taken, is also known in the literature as 4 Ezra, and strictly speaking, is part of the Pseudepigrapha (NWNTI:22). It dates 1st century AD.]
From the introduction in CASA: "The messianic figure in chs 11-12 is described as of Davidic origin, pre-existent, Son of Man (in the Dan 7 tradition), the Elect One (as in 1 Enoch), and a Second Moses." (CASA: xxxi).
1st Maccabees, generally considered the LEAST messianic (maybe even anti-messianic) of the OT Apoc, still has mild statements recognizing the need for, and expected appearance of, the 'trustworthy prophet' of Deut 18.15. Compare:
1 Macc 4.46: "and stored the stones (sacred altar stones) in a convenient place on the temple hill until a prophet should come to tell what to do with them."
1 Macc 9.27: "So there was great distress in Israel, such as had not been since the time that prophets ceased to appear among them."
1 Macc 14.41: "The Jews and their priests have resolved that Simon should be their leader and high priest forever, until a trustworthy prophet should arise."
Why don't you quote some great verses from the Christian Apocrypha, which is far better than your books and letters of the NT???

For example, Jesus said, "When you see one not born of a woman, fall down in worship!"

I think this sums up the law.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177327 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When the alleged son died, the Father also died. Came in the alleged Holy Spirit and resurrected both of them.
You really are this stupid aren't you. Amazing.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177328 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, but John did think so. He saw a bloodied lamb, carrying scrolls and opening the seals.
And you see nothing symbolic about his language? Really?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said earlier, the language is very easy for me to understand. When JTB said, "Here comes the lamb of God", he meant, "Here comes a meek and a simple man of God". Meek as in humble.
Wrong again. The lamb symbolizes sacrifice. Jews sacrifice a lamb on passover. There are many other symbolic aspects to it.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Lamb-of-God...

Don't even read the Bible. It is a complete waste of time for someone as obtuse as yourself.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177329 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again off topic like the writers of the gospels. I wrote this about the Book of Enoch:
rabbee: well if G-D, did not include it in TheTorah. you must be, missing the point. and book of Enoch is probably as big of a hoax from evil men, as that alleged true book of Adam or barnanub-s...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177330 May 23, 2013
if it is not included in TheTorah, then it is some kind of a hoax from the lying versions from evil men.
bmz

Location hidden

#177331 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are this stupid aren't you. Amazing.
No.

I find it amazing that you can't understand sarcasm and do not have any sense of humour.
bmz

Location hidden

#177332 May 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well if G-D, did not include it in TheTorah. you must be, missing the point. and book of Enoch is probably as big of a hoax from evil men, as that alleged true book of Adam or barnanub-s...
That is exactly my point, Rabbee. Why did it not gain entry into the Christian Bible, which is full of hoax?
bmz

Location hidden

#177333 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You bull-shit!
Ancient Jewish writings prove you wrong.
ewish Pseudepigrapha
I Enoch 46.1ff: "At that place, I saw the One to whom belongs the time before time. And his head was white like wool, and there was with him another individual, whose face was like that of a human being. His countenance was full of grace like that of one among the holy angels...'Who is this?'...And he answered me and said,'This is the Son of Man, to whom belongs righteousness, and with whom righteousness dwells.... this Son of Man whom you have seen is the One who would remove the kings and the mighty ones from their comfortable seats and the strong ones from their thrones..."
I Enoch 48.2-10: "At that hour, that Son of Man was given a name, in the presence of the Lord of the Spirits, the Before-Time; even before the creation of the sun and the moon, before the creation of the stars, he was given a name in the presence of the Lord of the Spirits. He will become a staff for the righteous ones in order that they may lean on him and not fall. He is the light of the gentiles and he will become the hope of those who are sick in their hearts. All those who dwell upon the earth shall fall and worship before him; they shall glorify, bless, and sing the name of the Lord of the Spirits. For this purpose he became the Chosen One; he was concealed in the presence of (the Lord of the Spirits) prior to the creation of the world, and for eternity. And he has revealed the wisdom of the Lord of the Spirits to the righteous and holy ones, for he has preserved the portion of the righteous because they have hated and despised this world of oppression (together with) all its ways of life and its habits and it is his good pleasure that they have life....For they (the wicked kings and landowners) have denied the Lord of the Spirits and his Messiah."
I Enoch 51.3: the "Elect One will sit on [God's] throne"
I Enoch 52.4: "And he said to me,'All these things which you have seen happen by the authority of his Messiah so that he may give orders and be praised upon the earth'"
I Enoch 62.5: "...and pain shall seize them when they see that Son of Man sitting on the throne of his glory"
I Enoch 62.7: "For the Son of Man was concealed from the beginning, and the Most High One preserved him in the presence of his power; then he revealed him to the holy and elect ones."
I Enoch 62.14: "The Lord of the Spirits will abide over them; they shall eat and rest and rise with that Son of Man forever and ever..."
I Enoch 69.29: "Thenceforth nothing that is corruptible shall be found; for that Son of Man has appeared and has seated himself upon the throne of his glory; and all evil shall disappear from before his face; he shall go and tell to that Son of Man, and he shall be strong before the Lord of the Spirits."
I Enoch 70.1: "And it happened after this that his living name was raised up before that Son of Man and to the Lord from among those who dwell upon the earth..."
I Enoch 105.2: " Until I (the Lord of v.1) and my son are united with them forever in the upright paths in their lifetime..."
[Note: from the introduction to I Enoch in OTP: vol 1, 9: "The Messiah in 1 Enoch, called the Righteous One, and the Son of Man, is depicted as a pre-existent heavenly being who is resplendent and majestic, possesses all dominion, and sits on his throne of glory passing judgment upon all mortal and spiritual beings"

Jesus is the Son of God.
Looking at what you posted, Enoch is also the Son of your God and the Brother of Jesus. How many Sons did your God beget, Shamma?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177334 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly my point, Rabbee. Why did it not gain entry into the Christian Bible, which is full of hoax?
rabbee: well maybe it was meant, for the quran muslem hoax instead. since it was not included, in the new testament tanach, Buddhist, or modern medical science hoax either. cause it did not fit in with their new testament hoax agenda either.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177335 May 23, 2013
but even TheTorah, does not think. that any of your new testament, jokes by numbers against G-D are funny at all.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177336 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I find it amazing that you can't understand sarcasm and do not have any sense of humour.
I have plenty of a sense of humor, but it is difficult to distinguish between sarcasm and seriousness when someone makes so many serious statements that are stupid. With sarcasm, one says, he couldn't possibly mean that, so he's being sarcastic. But with you, you often do mean it, so it's hard to tell with you.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177337 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: probably for the same reason, they did not include the quran hoax. or you did not include their, other new testament hoax.

i mean lets be reasonable here, if your hoax is not compatible with their hoax. your not going, to include it.

that's like the counterfeiters, who got caught making big money. a half an inch, too big.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web