Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 220956 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177131 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

—John 8:12
Does that verse refer to physical immortality as seen in the key phrase - "....will have the light of life"?

Jesus failed to achieve physical immortality.
Shamma wrote:
"When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no-one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

—John 12:44-46
Sin, suffering, violence, poverty diseases, ignorance, hatred, fanaticism, death, wars and injustice still plague the world and in fact these negatives have become more rampant and deep-rooted over time despite the advent of Jesus.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177132 May 22, 2013
HUGH,

Where art thou?

Are you busy praying to that demon - the Lord God of Abraham - or to the incarnation of that demon - Jesus?

(smiles)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177133 May 22, 2013
Tamerlane wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
There are only two possible skin colors: WHITE, and OFF-WHITE.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to add something to my post...(under ******)

BJ as worshipped today is the "epitome" of sexism, oppression and slavery...

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”(Ephesians 5:22)
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”(1 Peter 2:18)

SEXISM....the christian god sends his "son"(MAN) to save all humans because a "daughter" (WOMAN) is bad news especially when she played with Satan's "serpent"...(or "adam's apple or was it banana?)

SLAVERY (***& SEXISM)... what is the bottom line?
The "born sinners" such as BLACKS..BROWNS..YELLOWS..MIXED .. other races ***AND ALL WOMEN are being blackmailed into worhipping a WHITE naked pagan satan MAN on a phallus who is supposed to "save" these inferior races.

Makes sense? You tell me.

Thank you buford.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177134 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your own words show you are an idiot.
Why did your include a WOMAN in his "trinity"?
Well the Pagans did have a WOMAN in the trinity...Her name was Mary until the crooks substituted her with the ghostie who is the spouse of the virgin - a feeble attempt to dissociate themselves from their pagan roots!!

So dear shamma the woman...:

You are a little liar Shamma.
You keep referring to "God"....but in your mind that "God" is a white naked pagan satan who is oozing from a phallus begging women to bite his meat and drink his bodily juices and blood.
That is NOT God, shamma

What difference does it make if you turn to the worship of a naked pagan woman on a phallus begging men to bite her meat and drink her bodily juices?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177135 May 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
All the wordings is but commentary. Fundamentally, we have the oneness.
Please dont call me stupid. That only reflects upon the emotionalism you have attached to your position.
I am not an expert on the vagaries of trinity nor do I care to be. I am, however, witness to the verbal gymnastics employed to explain how plurality means oneness. Sorry, I dont see it that way. No need to call me stupid, if anything just call me simple. Thats more to the point.
Well said Frijoles.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177136 May 22, 2013
Oh God, the freak is back.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177137 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any indication of his illiteracy. Can you show me where you saw this?
I gotta love when a simple question gets marked as nuts. But, then again, that's topix I suppose. Every freak gets a bullhorn. Freedom of speech I suppose. That's the cost of a very good idea. Good ideas are very expensive.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177138 May 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
From a Hebrew perspective, it is the same God, because we (speaking as a Jew) believe there is only one God. For the same token, we view Islam as truely monotheistic. Christianity, on the other hand.....
That's truly a beautiful thought provoking observation.
Thank you.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177139 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Oh God, the freak is back.
Hey closet christian coward....
Try this for size...

BJ as worshipped today is the "epitome" of sexism, oppression and slavery...

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”(Ephesians 5:22)
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”(1 Peter 2:18)

SEXISM....the christian god sends his "son"(MAN) to save all humans because a "daughter" (WOMAN) is bad news especially when she played with Satan's "serpent"...(or "adam's apple or was it banana?)

SLAVERY (***& SEXISM)... what is the bottom line?
The "born sinners" such as BLACKS..BROWNS..YELLOWS..MIXED .. other races ***AND ALL WOMEN are being blackmailed into worhipping a WHITE naked pagan satan MAN on a phallus who is supposed to "save" these inferior races.

Makes sense? You are incapable of understanding anything that is outside "John"...but this is for the silent international readers.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177140 May 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's truly a beautiful thought provoking observation.
Thank you.
Wow, you mean that you understand what thought provoking is? LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177141 May 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey closet christian coward....
Try this for size...
BJ as worshipped today is the "epitome" of sexism, oppression and slavery...
“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”(Ephesians 5:22)
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”(1 Peter 2:18)
SEXISM....the christian god sends his "son"(MAN) to save all humans because a "daughter" (WOMAN) is bad news especially when she played with Satan's "serpent"...(or "adam's apple or was it banana?)
SLAVERY (***& SEXISM)... what is the bottom line?
The "born sinners" such as BLACKS..BROWNS..YELLOWS..MIXED .. other races ***AND ALL WOMEN are being blackmailed into worhipping a WHITE naked pagan satan MAN on a phallus who is supposed to "save" these inferior races.
Makes sense? You are incapable of understanding anything that is outside "John"...but this is for the silent international readers.
Like I said, the freak is back.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177142 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any indication of his illiteracy. Can you show me where you saw this?
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not defending the belief system of Islam, I am defending their right to believe what they want as long as it doesnt infringe on me. In real life I get along with all peoples, but I dont get the sense others here do the same.
I am also stating its not my role to evaluate the logical consistency of another religion.
Though sometimes I do that here if pushed - as in the case of THUNK/THINK/SEPTIC/SKEPTIC/SHA MMA who I find just so dumb that at times that a little push back is in order. I have done the same to the occasional Muslim poster here as well. But mainly my criticism at that point is more along the lines that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones....

You are confused Frijolie.
You won't take responsibility of your own words.
You defend Islams false notion that it has a right to murder non-Muslims that reject their religion of Islam.

Every one has a right to worship as they please, but you make an exception for Muslims defending their false right to murder those that reject Islam.

You do not make that distinction.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177143 May 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, but I never really opined either way on its origin - its not my scripture - just its application and relevance to the understanding of my scripture
<quoted text>
A truely interesting position to take, but by the same token should I believe or accept everything (or anything) on the basis that it doesnt make perfect sense?
And what business do you OR I have to tell someone of another religious path that their path is wrong?(ok - I admit - I did imply something about Christianity - but that was in the context of a defense of Islam)

When innocent people are being murdered by insane people that claim its an act of transgression against their religion to reject it it.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any indication of his illiteracy. Can you show me where you saw this?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177144 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any indication of his illiteracy. Can you show me where you saw this?
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are confused Frijolie.
You won't take responsibility of your own words.
You defend Islams false notion that it has a right to murder non-Muslims that reject their religion of Islam.
Every one has a right to worship as they please, but you make an exception for Muslims defending their false right to murder those that reject Islam.
You do not make that distinction.

and you are still a moron

does anything change?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177145 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any indication of his illiteracy. Can you show me where you saw this?
And what business do you OR I have to tell someone of another religious path that their path is wrong?(ok - I admit - I did imply something about Christianity - but that was in the context of a defense of Islam)

When innocent people are being murdered by insane people that claim its an act of transgression against their religion to reject it it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177146 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not defending the belief system of Islam, I am defending their right to believe what they want as long as it doesnt infringe on me. In real life I get along with all peoples, but I dont get the sense others here do the same.
I am also stating its not my role to evaluate the logical consistency of another religion.
Though sometimes I do that here if pushed - as in the case of THUNK/THINK/SEPTIC/SKEPTIC/SHA MMA who I find just so dumb that at times that a little push back is in order. I have done the same to the occasional Muslim poster here as well. But mainly my criticism at that point is more along the lines that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones....
You are confused Frijolie.
You won't take responsibility of your own words.
You defend Islams false notion that it has a right to murder non-Muslims that reject their religion of Islam.
Every one has a right to worship as they please, but you make an exception for Muslims defending their false right to murder those that reject Islam.
You do not make that distinction.
Look, you can disagree with him, but why would you call it illiteracy? Do you know what illiteracy means? Shouldn't you call it non understanding or non comprehending? You don't want to make mistakes like this at the same moment you are calling someone else illiterate. The boomerang you fling just might come right back to you as they always do. And apparently it has. You should try to be a little more wise and think before you write. Jesus was, so try to follow his example rather than spouting off whatever you feel like.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177147 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, the freak is back.
You do know that you come across as a jesus freak and a creep, ok?
Did you see the freak in the mirror just now?
Hope you still have one or two brain cells to realise that you are looking at yourself in the mirror?
Good for you, closet christian coward.
Now give your comments...
BJ as worshipped today is the "epitome" of sexism, oppression and slavery...

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”(Ephesians 5:22)
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”(1 Peter 2:18)

SEXISM....the christian god sends his "son"(MAN) to save all humans because a "daughter" (WOMAN) is bad news especially when she played with Satan's "serpent"...(or "adam's apple or was it banana?)

SLAVERY (***& SEXISM)... what is the bottom line?
The "born sinners" such as BLACKS..BROWNS..YELLOWS..MIXED .. other races ***AND ALL WOMEN are being blackmailed into worhipping a WHITE naked pagan satan MAN on a phallus who is supposed to "save" these inferior races.

Makes sense? You are incapable of understanding anything that is outside "John"...but this is for the silent international readers.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177148 May 22, 2013
NEXT!!! I've learned, don't feed the freak.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177149 May 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that verse refer to physical immortality as seen in the key phrase - "....will have the light of life"?
Jesus failed to achieve physical immortality.
<quoted text>
Sin, suffering, violence, poverty diseases, ignorance, hatred, fanaticism, death, wars and injustice still plague the world and in fact these negatives have become more rampant and deep-rooted over time despite the advent of Jesus.
The light of God radiates all things into being.
Unified Consciousness-energy does not exist.

Energy has no consciousness.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177150 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
NEXT!!! I've learned, don't feed the freak.
You are the uninvited closet chrisitan freak here..

Let's keep feeding you...

You do know that are a jesus freak and a creep, ok?
When you saw a freak in the mirror, did you think that it was not you? Poor chap.

Try answering these......

BJ as worshipped today is the "epitome" of sexism, oppression and slavery...

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”(Ephesians 5:22)
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”(1 Peter 2:18)

SEXISM....the christian god sends his "son"(MAN) to save all humans because a "daughter" (WOMAN) is bad news especially when she played with Satan's "serpent"...(or "adam's apple or was it banana?)

SLAVERY (***& SEXISM)... what is the bottom line?
The "born sinners" such as BLACKS..BROWNS..YELLOWS..MIXED .. other races ***AND ALL WOMEN are being blackmailed into worhipping a WHITE naked pagan satan MAN on a phallus who is supposed to "save" these inferior races.

Makes sense? You are incapable of understanding anything that is outside "John"...but this is for the silent international readers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Screenwriter needs to consult... May 25 Teslafan 1
Hands-on Archaeology of New Mexico Exhibit at t... May 23 Dairine 1
News Hair Extension Found On Ancient Egyptian Woman May 5 Akhenaten 1
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr '15 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr '15 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr '15 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr '15 Crazy Talk 12
More from around the web