Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256422 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177201 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is God in human form.
"When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no-one who believes in me should stay in darkness."
—John 12:44-46
Muslim have nothing to offer except death and destruction.
According to Christian history, Satan appeared to Jesus (not God) This Satan offered him the world if he would serve him. Jesus came out preaching the kingdom of God and that the world had been given to him. He took Satans' offer. The kingdom of God is a literal world ruling kingdom and it has yet to come. Jesus said he came to finish Satans' work. His god is kind to the unthankful and to the evil. Jesus came for the wicked, the Messiah will come for the righteous.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177202 May 22, 2013
Alex123WM wrote:
<quoted text>
like it or not I was a priest. Now I am a devout Muslim. Any problem naked pagan on pole worshipper?
If you were a priest, you should know the scriptures, "Shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?" and "The stock is a doctrine of vanities". I can understand why you abandoned the NT, but why did you forsake the OT also? Jesus is prophecied as the modern day idol of Israel and he has a role to play in the end times, he's been reincarnated and is the leader of the sons of darkness. This time, he will burst into flames and go to hell. Ezekiel 28:18-19.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#177203 May 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is God Alex and you are too ignorant to comprehend that.
If Jesus is God then God is dead and a sado masochist. My God is alive and will come to earth in the latter years to the land of the living. The entire OT will be fulfilled when this happens. All the prophecy concerning the "suffering servant" has been fulfilled and the Messiah is about to make another appearance as the "conquering king". When this happens, VWD Day, the clock will start ticking. VWD Day is the first Day of the Lord and stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The enemies of God and the wicked will be cut off by fire.(spontaneous combustion)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#177204 May 22, 2013
Tamerlane wrote:
<quoted text>
Writes the man who is doing everything in his power to promote Mohammad as the PERFECT model of conduct, even though he was a thief, murderer, rape enabler, and bigot.
<quoted text>
Have you NEVER read the sermon on the Mount?
See: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
<quoted text>
You understand nothing about Christianity and the concept of Vicarious Atonement, while your wretched "Kingdom of Heaven" on earth is presided over by the corrupt House of Saud. LOL!
<quoted text>
Unlike your "prophet," Paul abrogated nothing of what Jesus taught. He rather explored the question of what it meant that God would become human in a Jewish context.
<quoted text>
It wasn't long after your "prophet's" death that his entire religious project fell into bloody internecine warfare. See: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Muhammad/my...
<quoted text>
I agree that there is no comparison between Jesus, who was a man of peace, and your "prophet," who wasn't just a man of war, but a sadistic murderer, as the Kinanah episode conveys.
<quoted text>
Hmm...what was the "Final Warning" that Jesus was to deliver to "jews?" That they had better submit to the Comforter (Mohammad) or else???
<quoted text>
This answer makes Jesus a liar, or the Gospel writers liars, but it can't possibly make Mohammad a liar, can it?
<quoted text>
Again, Mohammad was NOT the Comforter that Jesus prophesied.
<quoted text>
You don't even know how you have insulted Jesus, because you defer to that murderer Mohammad's "revelations."
You are not only ignorant about life history of our prophet, but you are also a foul mouthed person.

I do not enter into argument with such people.

I avoid them as much as I could.

Thank you and have a nice day.

PS:

Delivering Sermons is the easy part!!
Profit Seeker

Italy

#177205 May 23, 2013
Jesus had it easy, yet he failed big time to convince his own people. Pathetic.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177206 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question, bro.
We know he was not. You will never get a solid answer.
Thank you, bro.
There is an idiot who is using my name..thomas..simon...etc!
But hey...who cares.
I have been asking that Jesus Freak "seeker" this question.
He keeps running off!
He is a full blown christomaniac, but is unable admit to his religion.
Hope you are well, bro.
Salaams Alex.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#177207 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If you were a priest, you should know the scriptures, "Shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?" and "The stock is a doctrine of vanities". I can understand why you abandoned the NT, but why did you forsake the OT also? Jesus is prophecied as the modern day idol of Israel and he has a role to play in the end times, he's been reincarnated and is the leader of the sons of darkness. This time, he will burst into flames and go to hell. Ezekiel 28:18-19.
Hello Susan, there is another poster who is using my name while also posting as simon and thomas.
I agree that the naked pagan on the pole is Satan.
joe

Thailand

#177208 May 23, 2013
Who is Allah, Who is father Christmas, who is Donald Duck, Who is Jesus, who is Dracula ?
All fictional characters
Qadir mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#177209 May 23, 2013
who="joe"]Who is Allah, Who is father Christmas, who is Donald Duck, Who is Jesus, who is Dracula ?
All fictional characters[

Mengal

Dear joe"

Fiction is always depicts of reality. so please it means there is reality for which fiction appears.
Larry the Cable Guy

Saint Albans, WV

#177210 May 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
You are not only ignorant about life history of our prophet, but you are also a foul mouthed person.
MUQ the Clean Mouthed,

I've been learning about life history of your "prophet" from Islamic historians and biographers like Ishaq and Bukhari and Muslim and Abu Dawood. From them I've learned that Mohammad was a thief, a murderer, a rape enabler, and an enslaver of women and children, but I've learned especially from the Qur'an that your "prophet" was a plagiarist who mangled what he "borrowed," a Jew hating bigot, and a vengeance minded narcissist who was always threatening eternal doom to those -and there were many- who had the good sense to reject his testimony as that of a deluded and bloody tool of the jinns.
MUQ wrote:
I do not enter into argument with such people.
I avoid them as much as I could.
He sniffs, contemptuously.
MUQ wrote:
Thank you and have a nice day.
PS:
Delivering Sermons is the easy part!!
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Luke 5:17-26

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man

17 One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick. 18 Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19 When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.

20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said,“Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

21 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves,“Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

22 Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked,“Why are you thinking these things in your hearts? 23 Which is easier: to say,‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say,‘Get up and walk’? 24 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man,“I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 25 Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God. 26 Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said,“We have seen remarkable things today.”
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#177211 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's because he was a descendant of Ishmael who was a wild man of the field. He would live by the sword and every mans sword would be against him.
But neither Ishmael nor Muhammad died by the sword. There is no record of every sword against Ishmail.
bmz

Location hidden

#177212 May 23, 2013
Rob in Adelaide wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting assumptions there. I dont agree on it, but its interesting to say the least. Is there a particular reason why you dont refer to the original name YAHWEH or JEHOVAH. Allah does not appear in the oldest interpretations of the first 4 books of the Torah which predates any Muslim text by centuries.

Ive always looked at Islam as a poor copy of a mixture of Judaism and Christianity.
I have not seen Yahweh or Jehovah written in the Jewish Holy Scriptures (The Tanakh) at all and neither have I heard any Jewish friends calling that name even once in their life.

In my view, Yahweh or Jehovah is no name and it is a Christian concoction.

Having a little knowledge of some Hebrew words, which are quite similar to Arabic, Yahweh to me simply means, "He the one" or "The one who might be". It is definitely no proper noun.

Islam and Christianity are poles apart. Islam is fiercely monotheistic, while Christianity is not. Even Christianity and Judaism are poles apart.

I can say that Islam is Judaism-Revised. The members of the Jewish faith do not accept or recognize Jesus and Muhammad. However, we accept and recognize the messengers of God sent to the Hebrews and the Jews.
bmz

Location hidden

#177213 May 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the teachings in the Quran:
The Quran explains how Jesus owns Muhammad.
This might come as a shock to you but according to your scripture, the Church fathers and the Church, Satan owns Jesus.
Qadir mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#177214 May 23, 2013
Jesus /JEWS/QURAN

In deed the Moses was prophet and was way to God at his time. So as Jesus was prophet and way to God at his time or period. The both messenger of Allah Almighty were own self were Jews and send for only Israelites or Jews for that period. Prophet Mohammad (saw) is seal of Messengers and is final apostle of Allah and was sent for whole man kind. Amazingly Christians took Jesus as God and claimed trinity a word which itself is strange for bible in all books of bible there is no any unequivocal or clear word in which Jesus himself has claimed as God are he asked to followers to worship him as God. This was the fact that seventy two (72) eminent Scholars of different sects of Christianity took out the world trinity and throw it out from bible as in revised standard published bible saying that word trinity is interpolation and concoction in bible.

Lo! In this regard a dialog with Dr. Zakir Naike on Peace T.V could be best material on this subject No doubt Jesus is favorite Prophet of Muslims as Quran speak about Jesus and trinity.

Surrah IV verse 171:-

“O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: or say of Allah aught but truth. Christ Jesus the sun of marry was (no more than) an apostle of Allah and his word, Which He bestowed on marry, and a sprit proceeding from Him: So believe in Allah and his apostles say not ' trinity' desist it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: Glory be to Him (for Exalted is he) above having a son. To him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as disposers of affairs”.

However, if any Christian having any doubt about the Prophet Hood of Jesus I invite him in his own benefit to watch Peace TV and listen Dr. Zakar Nike on the topic about the major religions. Similarities between Islam and Christianity. Is Jesus crucified or otherwise?

In deed truth has come or heard against false hood and false hood will perish. The false hood by its nature bound to perish.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177215 May 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
But neither Ishmael nor Muhammad died by the sword. There is no record of every sword against Ishmail.
Muhammad didn't die by the sword because he had everybody else do his dirty work for him. Even the poet he had assassinated was done by his thugs, not him. And he even gave them permission to lie to pull it off, and they exploited the man's generous nature to do so. That's Muhammad the mafia boss, the example for all times, and that's his nasty little lying thugs. I have no difficulty understanding why Muslims behave the way they do today. The Fort Hood shooter, the Boston bombers, the recent machete killers in the UK. It all makes perfect sense to me. They are merely following the example of Muhammad. The best of examples for all time.
bmz

Location hidden

#177216 May 23, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Elohim is the plural of the word El.
That is a Christian propaganda.

If that were true, the entire Genesis would have had: "Gods said.........."

And the entire chapter Genesis 1 in Hebrew, already has Elohim in each of the sentences "Elohim said, ".........".

Anyway, that was classic and hilarious. Please correct me if am wrong.
bmz

Location hidden

#177217 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah is just Arabic for the word God. In an Arabic Bible, God is said as Allah. Muslims can say Allah and God all they want. It's just a word. But that doesn't mean it's the same God as the Hebrew God. Allah was also used in the pagan religion that Muhammad grew up with. It's just a word for God.
The God of the Hebrews and the Jews is also not the God of Christians. Just wanted to let you know.

We worship only the God of the Hebrews and the Jews.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177218 May 23, 2013
Qadir mengal wrote:
Jesus /JEWS/QURAN
In deed the Moses was prophet and was way to God at his time. So as Jesus was prophet and way to God at his time or period. The both messenger of Allah Almighty were own self were Jews and send for only Israelites or Jews for that period. Prophet Mohammad (saw) is seal of Messengers and is final apostle of Allah and was sent for whole man kind. Amazingly Christians took Jesus as God and claimed trinity a word which itself is strange for bible in all books of bible there is no any unequivocal or clear word in which Jesus himself has claimed as God are he asked to followers to worship him as God. This was the fact that seventy two (72) eminent Scholars of different sects of Christianity took out the world trinity and throw it out from bible as in revised standard published bible saying that word trinity is interpolation and concoction in bible.
Lo! In this regard a dialog with Dr. Zakir Naike on Peace T.V could be best material on this subject No doubt Jesus is favorite Prophet of Muslims as Quran speak about Jesus and trinity.
Surrah IV verse 171:-
“O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: or say of Allah aught but truth. Christ Jesus the sun of marry was (no more than) an apostle of Allah and his word, Which He bestowed on marry, and a sprit proceeding from Him: So believe in Allah and his apostles say not ' trinity' desist it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: Glory be to Him (for Exalted is he) above having a son. To him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as disposers of affairs”.
However, if any Christian having any doubt about the Prophet Hood of Jesus I invite him in his own benefit to watch Peace TV and listen Dr. Zakar Nike on the topic about the major religions. Similarities between Islam and Christianity. Is Jesus crucified or otherwise?
In deed truth has come or heard against false hood and false hood will perish. The false hood by its nature bound to perish.
Can you tell me what your favorite teaching of Jesus was? You claim to honor him, right? So what is your favorite or most wise thing that he taught?
bmz

Location hidden

#177219 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
From a Hebrew perspective, it is the same God, because we (speaking as a Jew) believe there is only one God. For the same token, we view Islam as truely monotheistic. Christianity, on the other hand.....
Thank you, Frjoles

Christianity is pagan. Just filled in the blank.
bmz

Location hidden

#177220 May 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that anybody uses the word God. Does that mean it's the same God? It's just a word. The difference comes in what you claim that God is and what God said. As far as polytheism, you are being as stupid as Muslims. Trinity comes from TRI UNITY. TRI means three, and represents three aspects or manifestations of God, not three Gods. The word "Gods" is never once uttered in any Christian scriptures. UNITY means one. TRI UNITY. Three manifestations or aspects of ONE God. Are saying saying that it is completely impossible for one God to have three aspects or manifestations? That's impossible for God?
Well, we qualify that to make it clear and say, "We worship the God of Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, Joseph, David and Moses." We even go to the extent of saying that we worship the God of the Hebrews and the Jews. We are saying that openly, so how can one deny that?

However, we do not believe in the Christian God.

What say ye now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bones of Civil War dead found on a battlefield ... 7 hr George 1
News Why the world premiere of precious biblical art... Jun 14 missourcast 1
News Peru seeks dog breed status for ancient llama h... (Sep '06) May '18 Parden Pard 3
News Ancient artifacts seized from Hobby Lobby retur... May '18 WarForOil 2
An Exceptional Discovery-Unearthed Child at Pom... Apr '18 Jeff 5
News Archaeologists find ancient mass child sacrific... Apr '18 Poster Child for ... 1
News Experts unite to condemn plans for road tunnel ... Apr '18 TheNi6htTrain 1