Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228450 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#177048 May 21, 2013
Teachings of Paul Part-3

7. Subject Matter: Authority

Roman 13- 1

What Paul Wrote?)

Let every one be subject to authority….who fears authority? Not those who do good, but those who do evil.

Remarks (MUQ)

What is authority without any responsibility? They should go hand in hand.

8. Subject Matter: Avoiding Jews

Roman 15-20

What Paul Wrote?)

I have been very careful, however, and I am proud of this, not to preach in places where Christ is already known

Remarks (MUQ)

To get followers who know nothing about Jewish laws!!

9. Subject Matter: Bad words

Eph. 4-29

What Paul Wrote?)

Do not let even one bad word come from your mouth, but only good words that will encourage when necessary and be helpful to those who hear.

Remarks (MUQ)

No Comment
uhuh

Barcelona, Spain

#177049 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Let me explain why I believe the New Testament. After all, it consists of people merely retelling a story, so there are bound to be discrepancies.
discrepancies between the books prove that the writers were not inspired by the same spirit
uhuh

Barcelona, Spain

#177050 May 21, 2013
it was not a Jewish messiah-applicant who freed Israel from the chains of Edom (Rome)
it was Umar (and later Saladin) who chased off the Edomites, those cross-worshippers, from the holy land and invited Jewish families to return back home
uhuh

Barcelona, Spain

#177051 May 21, 2013
"And he shall see a chariot with a pair of riders; one riding an ass, one riding a camel" (Isa 21:7)

saviors of Israel,
the ass-rider (Messiah) will come after the camel-rider (Umar)- Maimonides
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177052 May 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Prove God exist in The Torah rabbee?
rabbee: why do you ask me, for something that is not in my job description? any more than i expected, THEM to come to prove to me of THEIR existence. i am not about to do, what is G-D'S to do.

i can already see, you are all denying the existence of all physical totality G-D made again. you all even deny your own existence, here in TheTorah again. i am no idiot, That if you do not believe G-D, for the preferred insane causes of men. why would i expect any of you or your grandmother, to believe me?

when i seem to be talking to volcanoes, that spew out a lot of hot and talk-sick crap. and watching those who are starving to death, following someone, who don't even know where the real food and water is. just because they act, like they know what their doing.

there ain't no point, in leading a horse to water. when even the horse knows, there ain't water soon enough in that! direction.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177053 May 21, 2013
Lady Aiyesha wrote:
<quoted text>
Mohammad the Comforter. LOL!
rabbee: i did not know, that muhammed was a bearded lady. since G-D did not! give adam with steve to comfort him either.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177054 May 21, 2013
Lady Aiyesha wrote:
http://heavenawaits.wordpress. com/why-mohammed-was-not-the-c omforter-promised-by-jesus/
Who is the Comforter that Jesus promised?
Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter,[which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Jhn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father,[even] the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Summary of this part:
1. the Comforter will abide with them “forever.” Mohammad did not live then, and could not do this – be with them. Now that he has come and gone, he is not with anyone forever.
2. The Comforter is the Holy Ghost, not a man, who will “teach all things.” No man knows “all things,” only God.
3. The Comforter is a Spirit of Truth. Mohammad was a man, not a spirit.
4. Jesus had to leave so that the Comforter could come. That implied he was coming soon after Jesus left. Also, Jesus said that HE was sending the Comforter. Mohammad never claimed that Jesus sent him.
rabbee: sorry but according to TheTorah, The Comforter nor the comforter is a he. for G-D gave adam, the woman to comfort him. even if she did comfort the devil, with her hot n cold apple pie instead.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177055 May 21, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong as well since there is no W. The correct spelling is YHVH, not YHWH
<quoted text>
Elohim is the plural of the word El. In Arabic the word god was pronunced as Ilah, while in Hebrew El, in Aramaic Alah. Ignorant Arabs have taken the article "al" and added to the word Ilah, making became two different words as one, Allah.
rabbee: well at least until, your in germany where the w is pronounced like an english v. damn foreigners, causing all that trouble. and a real nightmare, in latin or greek.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177056 May 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you made two claims and not one!!
Ever heard about Circular arguments?
Bible says that God talked to Abraham and Moses.
And Bible is a Word of God!!
How come Bible became a Word of God?
Where is the proof about that?
You are certainly mad, in religious sense!!
I really feel pity on people like you.
Talking so "authoritatively" about matters you know so little.
rabbee: well if you were to find the two tablets, or the broken pieces of the first two tablets. i think, your find there is more than, 2 1/2 or 153.25 commands per side. on about 2 x 3 ft. tablets of stone. as a lot of pity, seems to be applicable to more than just them.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177057 May 21, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why do you ask me, for something that is not in my job description? any more than i expected, THEM to come to prove to me of THEIR existence. i am not about to do, what is G-D'S to do.
i can already see, you are all denying the existence of all physical totality G-D made again. you all even deny your own existence, here in TheTorah again. i am no idiot, That if you do not believe G-D, for the preferred insane causes of men. why would i expect any of you or your grandmother, to believe me?
when i seem to be talking to volcanoes, that spew out a lot of hot and talk-sick crap. and watching those who are starving to death, following someone, who don't even know where the real food and water is. just because they act, like they know what their doing.
there ain't no point, in leading a horse to water. when even the horse knows, there ain't water soon enough in that! direction.
Look at you rabbe you are a failure.
You disobeyed God and caused mankind to suffer the consequence of your failure.
And you come on here like you have some kind of authority to say every one is breaking Gods law.

You are a loser rabbeee.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177058 May 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The original is in Hebrew, there is no W, H, V, or Y in Hebrew. Is it?
So depending upon pronunciation some people write it YHWH, now you have come up with YHVH, how can I answer it?
Elohim is written with plural of respect, the word is El or Eil whose plural of respect is Elohim.
Allah is actually Al Ilah....El, or Eil and Ilah sound like same.
That is why no Jewish prophet would ever object to Allah or think that some one was speaking about a different God than their own.
rabbee: duh! say what? as far as consonants goes, eevreet there is no c, j, w, x.

and i do not think, that you can prove to me. that all-h and EloHeem, mean the same thing in english. since Elo is Masculine for G-D, and Heem is Feminine for G-Dess. and the same is true, for ElShaddaee or YHVH. so from what i can see, all-h cannot be the same g-d as G-D.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177059 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He was quoting the Old Testament or the original Hebrews scriptures which, as a Jew, you are supposed to believe. Aren't you supposed to believe Jeremiah?
Jeremiah 31
31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[d] them,[e]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
rabbee: well show me in TheTorah, where The G-D of Only TheTorah commands any one to read any thing called jerimiah? more or less any quran. when the only command i can see, is to teach yourselves and your children Only TheTorah.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177060 May 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
IS THERE ANY NEED FOR MARRIAGE OR FOR RELIGIOUS CEREMONIES PERTAINING TO MARRIAGE?
1) A religious ceremony does not sanctify a marriage.
2) Mumbo jumbo prayers and exchange of vows cannot create compatible and exalted force fields in the couple.
3) Superior force field is created by superior heredity and positive karma, while compatibility of force fields of male and female is primarily a question of genetics - gene combinations of the partners that're devoid of the hypogamous and incestuous defects.
4) So, these religious ceremonies pertaining to marriage are hype and nonsense.
5) A couple that has compatible personality types that derive from their innate genotypes can simply enter into a live-in relationship and be a successful couple.
rabbee: well it is as you say, extremely dangerous to get married to the terms of any idolater. cause that illegally binds you, to the terms of the idolater legally. and can result, in the destruction of your marriage. and nobody in the alleged old testament, ever signed a marriage license either. it was all, common law marriages.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177061 May 21, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well show me in TheTorah, where The G-D of Only TheTorah commands any one to read any thing called jerimiah? more or less any quran. when the only command i can see, is to teach yourselves and your children Only TheTorah.
In The Torah rabbee you being Adam disobeyed God.
And that is the lesson you are conveying to every one to disobey God like you are disobeying God.

You are a lose rabbee.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177062 May 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
NO BAR TO PROCREATION OUT OF WEDLOCK:
1) There's no bar to the procreation of offspring out of wedlock.
2) All these retarded ideas of an offspring born out of wedlock being "illegitimate" or "polluted" are religious superstitions that have no validity in terms of the basal mind-matter forces ruling the mechanism of procreation and molding of personality type.
rabbee: well that is also, a very dangerous idolatrous idea. since getting married or any procreation to any terms of idolatry is still considered adultery.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177063 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably think the song Puff the Magic Dragon is satanic
rabbee: well i don't know, i never tried to play it backwards. who really knows who, peter, paul and clyde really are?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177064 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's Jeremiah that I quoted, and if I understand Judaism correctly, he is an authentic prophet, so you are supposed to listen to him.
rabbee: well i don't know that name jerimiah, sounds awfully sucpiciously christian to me. and i cannot find it, anywhere in TheTorah either.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177065 May 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So while the jews had not returned to their land for past 2000 years, the status of Bible was on a limbo?
Only when they returned, it is proven? Is that what you want to say?
Is THAT proof?
rabbee: would anyone today, be where they are. if G-D did not even command, all the devils where they are to be?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177066 May 21, 2013
uhuh wrote:
it was not a Jewish messiah-applicant who freed Israel from the chains of Edom (Rome)
it was Umar (and later Saladin) who chased off the Edomites, those cross-worshippers, from the holy land and invited Jewish families to return back home
rabbee: well i never give credit to men, for what G-D actually commanded to happen. cause that's just all, vanity talk.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#177067 May 21, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"And he shall see a chariot with a pair of riders; one riding an ass, one riding a camel" (Isa 21:7)
saviors of Israel,
the ass-rider (Messiah) will come after the camel-rider (Umar)- Maimonides
rabbee: well about the only thing, i can agree on there. is that HaMosheeach, will be riding all of your vain and stubborn asses when they both finally do arrive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Fri DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul 30 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
'Skulls, Shamans and Sacrifice in Stone Age Bri... Jul 13 Dave 1
Are 2 Million People Really Buried In 74 Graves? Jul 12 Candy 1
More from around the web