Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,266

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177019 May 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
ONE GOD AMONG MANY GODS:
1) Jews believe there's one God among many.
2) This means that among the numerous competing beings or deities they choose one and began worshipping it as God.
3) Of course, the Hebrews borrowed their God and most of their beliefs from the barbaric Baal worshipping cultures that pre-date Judaism. LOL.
Did Baal worshipers believe in one God? Why do so many people here talk so much crap?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177020 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
My toe nail fungus returned as well, as it threatened to. That doesnt mean I go around worshipping it.(maybe I should)
He was quoting the Old Testament or the original Hebrews scriptures which, as a Jew, you are supposed to believe. Aren't you supposed to believe Jeremiah?

Jeremiah 31

31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[d] them,[e]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#177022 May 21, 2013
IS THERE ANY NEED FOR MARRIAGE OR FOR RELIGIOUS CEREMONIES PERTAINING TO MARRIAGE?

1) A religious ceremony does not sanctify a marriage.

2) Mumbo jumbo prayers and exchange of vows cannot create compatible and exalted force fields in the couple.

3) Superior force field is created by superior heredity and positive karma, while compatibility of force fields of male and female is primarily a question of genetics - gene combinations of the partners that're devoid of the hypogamous and incestuous defects.

4) So, these religious ceremonies pertaining to marriage are hype and nonsense.

5) A couple that has compatible personality types that derive from their innate genotypes can simply enter into a live-in relationship and be a successful couple.

Location hidden

#177023 May 21, 2013
NO BAR TO PROCREATION OUT OF WEDLOCK:

1) There's no bar to the procreation of offspring out of wedlock.

2) All these retarded ideas of an offspring born out of wedlock being "illegitimate" or "polluted" are religious superstitions that have no validity in terms of the basal mind-matter forces ruling the mechanism of procreation and molding of personality type.

Location hidden

#177024 May 21, 2013
MULTIPLE SEX PARTNERS:

If a person is adversely affected by the exchange of forces in an intimate relationship, then it would be better if the person sticks to just one sexual partner. Otherwise, an individual who can absorb the impact of the exchange of forces without being adversely affected in mind, emotions and body may indulge in polygynous or polyandrous relationships as the case may be.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#177025 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that anybody uses the word God. Does that mean it's the same God? It's just a word. The difference comes in what you claim that God is and what God said. As far as polytheism, you are being as stupid as Muslims. Trinity comes from TRI UNITY. TRI means three, and represents three aspects or manifestations of God, not three Gods. The word "Gods" is never once uttered in any Christian scriptures. UNITY means one. TRI UNITY. Three manifestations or aspects of ONE God. Are saying saying that it is completely impossible for one God to have three aspects or manifestations? That's impossible for God?
All the wordings is but commentary. Fundamentally, we have the oneness.

Please dont call me stupid. That only reflects upon the emotionalism you have attached to your position.

I am not an expert on the vagaries of trinity nor do I care to be. I am, however, witness to the verbal gymnastics employed to explain how plurality means oneness. Sorry, I dont see it that way. No need to call me stupid, if anything just call me simple. Thats more to the point.

Location hidden

#177026 May 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
MULTIPLE SEX PARTNERS:
If a person is adversely affected by the exchange of forces in an intimate relationship, then it would be better if the person sticks to just one sexual partner. Otherwise, an individual who can absorb the impact of the exchange of forces without being adversely affected in mind, emotions and body may indulge in polygynous or polyandrous relationships as the case may be.
If god wanted us (men) to only have 1 sex partner she would not have given us 2 hands.

Location hidden

#177027 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He was quoting the Old Testament or the original Hebrews scriptures which, as a Jew, you are supposed to believe. Aren't you supposed to believe Jeremiah?
Jeremiah 31
31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[d] them,[e]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
Sense of humor?

(and I am not impressed by bible babbling)

Location hidden

#177028 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

If god wanted us (men) to only have 1 sex partner she would not have given us 2 hands.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

LOL. How funny!
Redneck Reb

United States

#177029 May 21, 2013
Reality escapes You Frijoles.....Go take another TOAK...

Location hidden

#177031 May 21, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
You probably think the song Puff the Magic Dragon is satanic
Redneck Reb

United States

#177032 May 21, 2013
So is it FREE HOLES ...or THREE HOLES or THREE FREE HOLES?

LOL .....Whoaaaaaaaah!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177033 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
All the wordings is but commentary. Fundamentally, we have the oneness.
Please dont call me stupid. That only reflects upon the emotionalism you have attached to your position.
I am not an expert on the vagaries of trinity nor do I care to be. I am, however, witness to the verbal gymnastics employed to explain how plurality means oneness. Sorry, I dont see it that way. No need to call me stupid, if anything just call me simple. Thats more to the point.
Look, the Trinity was never mentioned in the New Testament. It is an extrapolation or conclusion of verses from the New Testament that seem to suggest this. Some verses do, others don't, but it's not like they pulled this out of nowhere. Even if their conclusion is wrong, I am convinced they thought they were doing the right thing.

Think about this. If one wants to invent a lie, don't you think they are going to do everything they can to get people to believe the lie? Wouldn't they want this lie to be easy to believe and make perfect sense? Why would someone purposefully invent a lie that is very mysterious, confusing and even leads some to not believe it? This is just plain common sense.

The Quran made itself believable and made sure it was simple and made easy and perfect sense. That's what people create when they create lies. Liars don't create mysteries. So whether the Trinity is true or not, and that is always still up for discussion even to this very day, I am convinced that these people were not making up intentional lies. At worst, they merely didn't understand the scriptures properly and made a mistake, but I can't even be sure of that either.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177034 May 21, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
That's TOKE.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177035 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sense of humor?
(and I am not impressed by bible babbling)
Well that's Jeremiah that I quoted, and if I understand Judaism correctly, he is an authentic prophet, so you are supposed to listen to him.

Location hidden

#177037 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's TOKE.
I was wondering about that. Thanks.

Location hidden

#177038 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's Jeremiah that I quoted, and if I understand Judaism correctly, he is an authentic prophet, so you are supposed to listen to him.
The babbling comment was directed to Redneck. Sorry about the ambiguity.

Yes, Jeremiah is on the reading list.

But I was making a funny. Or trying to.

Location hidden

#177039 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, the Trinity was never mentioned in the New Testament. It is an extrapolation or conclusion of verses from the New Testament that seem to suggest this. Some verses do, others don't, but it's not like they pulled this out of nowhere. Even if their conclusion is wrong, I am convinced they thought they were doing the right thing..
Good point, but I never really opined either way on its origin - its not my scripture - just its application and relevance to the understanding of my scripture
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text> Think about this. If one wants to invent a lie, don't you think they are going to do everything they can to get people to believe the lie? Wouldn't they want this lie to be easy to believe and make perfect sense? Why would someone purposefully invent a lie that is very mysterious, confusing and even leads some to not believe it? This is just plain common sense.

The Quran made itself believable and made sure it was simple and made easy and perfect sense. That's what people create when they create lies. Liars don't create mysteries. So whether the Trinity is true or not, and that is always still up for discussion even to this very day, I am convinced that these people were not making up intentional lies. At worst, they merely didn't understand the scriptures properly and made a mistake, but I can't even be sure of that either.
A truely interesting position to take, but by the same token should I believe or accept everything (or anything) on the basis that it doesnt make perfect sense?

And what business do you OR I have to tell someone of another religious path that their path is wrong?(ok - I admit - I did imply something about Christianity - but that was in the context of a defense of Islam)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#177040 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, but I never really opined either way on its origin - its not my scripture - just its application and relevance to the understanding of my scripture
<quoted text>
A truely interesting position to take, but by the same token should I believe or accept everything (or anything) on the basis that it doesnt make perfect sense?
And what business do you OR I have to tell someone of another religious path that their path is wrong?(ok - I admit - I did imply something about Christianity - but that was in the context of a defense of Islam)
When innocent people are being murdered by insane people that claim its an act of transgression against their religion to reject it it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177041 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I only commented on whether they were purposefully lying or not. Everybody has to make their own decisions about anything religious. After all, it IS properly called belief, not fact. Even intelligent religious people know that. I'm not speaking for stupid, blind religious people.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And what business do you OR I have to tell someone of another religious path that their path is wrong?
If you notice, I never do. That's pointless. Only fundies do that. All I do is to present my ideas and explain why I think that way. I see Muslims and Christians and Jews simply say "this is the truth", but it's a pointless statement unless someone explains why. And not only do I chastise Muslims for doing this, I'm very fair and chastise Christians for doing the same thing here. Read my posts. I am actually a very fair person.

But I DO often explain why I KNOW that the Quran is false. God could be or do anything at all and how could we know? But when a scripture is said to be the letter for letter dictation of God, rather than an author being inspired by God and possibly interpreting the inspiration with their limited knowledge, then THAT is a clear error, and THAT is the Quran all over the place.

God might or might not do this or that or might or might not be this or that, but God would NEVER misunderstand his creation in the same exact way that a 7th century Bedouin Arab of the time would. This is what makes the Quran the clearest and most provable fraudulent religious scripture that was ever written.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
(ok - I admit - I did imply something about Christianity - but that was in the context of a defense of Islam)
Why would you ever defend Islam? Why would you defend something that is such a clearly provable lie? Anytime science discovers something new that contradicts the Quran, you watch Muslims scramble around reinterpreting the Quran to MAKE it fit the new discovery.

Then, they have the nerve to give the Quran credit for saying this new truth or fact long ago. That really takes a LOT of nerve, but they don't care. They will lie, if need be, to defend the Quran and it doesn't seem to bother their conscience in the least. But they are so stupid in their desperate need to defend the Quran, no matter what, that they don't even understand that what they are really saying is that one needs scientific discovery in order to understand what the Quran really means.

Yes, they ARE that stupid and this never occurs to them because nobody has ever taught them the concepts of basic reasoning and objective thought, they only taught them the Quran. But I have to admit that occasionally and very rarely I have run into a few intelligent Muslims who are at least smart enough to correct them about this, but they never seem to be willing to do this right in front of the kaffir. Muslims always have to make their fellow Muslim right in public, no matter how wrong they know they are.

So it actually shouldn't be any surprise at all. What surprises me more is the behavior of some Christians here. They should know better, but they don't. But if I think they are wrong, there is nothing is Christianity that says I should protect or hide their error, unlike what Islam teaches. And who knows? I could be wrong instead and they can tell me that, but there is nothing to stop me from commenting if I think that they are wrong. This is real truth. This is real honesty. This is real discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science uncovers story of slaves at Nashville Zoo Sep 19 X-TREME BIAS 2
Mystery Sep 19 rick doninger 2
The Sphinx's missing Crown Sep 18 Randall Moore 1
Kurt Simmons: Verbal inspiration and inerrancy ... Sep 15 eee 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Sep 14 Min 44
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Sep 12 Rabbeen Al Jihad 44
Jim Long: Noahide, Archaeologist, Filmmaker Sep 12 Yenda Rinderpest 1
•••

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE