Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176722 May 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>In what way does the Quran fully support the God of the Israelite's and Moses?
It appears to me that you are making a statement you cannot back up with truth.
So explain in truth how the Quran "fully" supports the God of the Israelite's and Moses?
Well, first you claim the Hebrew scriptures are corrupted and are therefore to be thrown out, and then you write your own, new account of God, and claim that this was the God that the real, uncorrupted scriptures talked about. And then you wipe out Judaism and Christianity, rewrite everything, and there you have it. Pretty simple.
Pangloss

Hurricane, WV

#176723 May 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am the second and seed of Eve and I proved it 30 years ago, Seeker. Adam and the serpent are my enemy and I have to and will defeat them (including all the wicked and Jesus) the seed and one seed of Adam. Genesis 3:15
Take your meds.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176725 May 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Adam who is Satan would be reincarnated to be the father of the Messiah. God created an imperfect sinful world and feels the need to be accountable for it.
Again, verses please?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#176726 May 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well next time God talks to you, ask him what the biggest, specific sin is that I committed in my entire life. i know what it is and surely God will as well. If you can tell me, I'll believe you right then and there, no questions asked.
<quoted text>
The first two commandments cover everything, the other eight are merely specific commandments that one would naturally follow anyway if they understood and kept commandments 1 and 2. If one follows 1 and 2 with their heart, they would do all the rest naturally without even a second thought and would never break them.
The problem Seeker, is that Christians break the first 2 commandments simply by virtue of the fact of being Christians. It is a different god. Do you even understand what the concept of an idol is?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#176727 May 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
In what way does the Quran fully support the God of the Israelite's and Moses?

It appears to me that you are making a statement you cannot back up with truth.

So explain in truth how the Quran "fully" supports the God of the Israelite's and Moses?
Appears to you? What appears to you is that men are like trees walking. You need a second spit from Jesus.

Read Qur'aan. You will have all the back up you need!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176728 May 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I have a very close friend who is Jewish and would like me to become Jewish as well, and I have read these and they say no such thing as you claim. Maybe I'll get him to come on here and tell you he has read these and that you are completely full of it.
<quoted text>
Any Rabbi would listen to your claims about the second coming of Adam and Eve and would have no idea what you are talking about. You are merely making up for yourself whatever you feel like. Or even worse, you actually believe your claims and are therefore completely delusional. But your claim of the second coming of Adam and Eve just simply is nowhere to be found in the Torah. Public versions, or even scroll versions in Synagogues. It's just no there. But if you want to prove me wrong and make me the fool, then just quote the verses.
rabbee: well your misinterpreting friend, explains a lot about your accepting his misinterpretation. but you might try, asking your alleged friend, if G-D promised adam and chaooah to be returned to TheTree of Life. and your friend does not even know, about Seetra HaArcha? and just because somebody calls themselves jewish, does not mean they can't be blinder than a bat. and the last i heard, G-D was not all that impressed, with the stiff-necked and stubborn multitude alleged as jews.

and so your jewish friend, only claims. that after Adam is put to death by G-D, they are not returned by G-D separately as adam and his mate? am i hearing you right, and you call me deluded? your jewish friend, is telling you that G-D never put Adam to death and then returned? and you actually believe him, without question??? i have talked to children, who know this story better than you or your alleged jewish friend.

and i tell you what, as long as your jewish fiend is not you with a fake id. you have your alleged jewish friend, even bring his head rabbee too. and have their and your credentials, i can check.

and i suggest we, not embarrass them publicly. but in a private e-mail, chat room or in person, without any side distractions. and i shall even give to you the advantage, the more rabbeem involved the better. so don't just, hearsay threaten this do it!

i accept your invitation, and even the more the merrier. cause i truly love, to truly talk about HaShem G-D here in TheTorah today. cause i would be thrilled to death, to chance find even one person true to HaShem G-D actually here in TheTorah today. i have already prophesized, i have not yet found one person true to HaShem G-D yet. and from what you say, even your alleged close friend isn't. for i am not, intimidated nor ashamed of HaShem G-D.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#176729 May 18, 2013
Pangloss wrote:
<quoted text>Take your meds.
Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh" Believing in God is itself insanity.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#176730 May 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, verses please?
There are ne verses that specifically say this. This theory is based on study and meditation. The OT is like a jigsaw puzzle and it all fits together. Isaiah 11:2 "And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord"
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176732 May 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Appears to you? What appears to you is that men are like trees walking. You need a second spit from Jesus.
Read Qur'aan. You will have all the back up you need!
Sure, just wipe out all past scriptures, rewrite them the way you want and it's ALLAH KAZAAM!!! POOF!!! You now have the truth. Tah Dah!!!
Redneck Reb

United States

#176733 May 18, 2013
Psalm 14:1 The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176734 May 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There are ne verses that specifically say this. This theory is based on study and meditation.
I won't even ask anymore. If you think it's true, then it must be true.
bmz

Location hidden

#176735 May 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's also what the Quran says about the Jews and Jesus.

Sura 4

153. The followers of the Book ask you to bring down to them a book from heaven; so indeed they demanded of Musa a greater thing than that, for they said: Show us Allah manifestly; so the lightning overtook them on account of their injustice. Then they took the calf (for a god), after clear signs had come to them, but We pardoned this; and We gave to Musa clear authority.

154. And We lifted the mountain (Sainai) over them at (the li taking of the covenant) and We said to them: Enter the door making obeisance; and We said to them: Do not exceed the limits of the Sabbath, and We made with them a firm covenant.

155 Therefore, for their breaking their covenant and their disbelief in the communications of Allah and their killing the prophets wrongfully and their saying: Our hearts are covered; nay! Allah set a seal upon them owing to their unbelief, so they shall not believe except a few.

156. And for their unbelief and for their having uttered against Marium a grievous calumny.

157. And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

158. Nay! Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

159. And there is not one of the followers of the Book but most certainly believes in this before his death, and on the day of resurrection he (Isa) shall be a witness against them.

160. Wherefore for the iniquity of those who are Jews did We disallow to them the good things which had been made lawful for them and for their hindering many (people) from Allah's way.
Thanks for quoting the translation of the verses of Qur'aan. Quite true.

I would just like to clarify 158 and 159 above.

156 simply means Allah took him away. That is what it means in Arabic. Jesus did not ascend into heavens from the cross. Right? It can also mean Allah granted him a high stature. There is nothing in the verse to show that he was bodily lifted up.

159 is talking about the wrong belief of Christians that Jesus was killed on the cross. And every Christian will believe in the wrong story even till his last breath. In other words, every Christian will die believing that Jesus was killed, but on the Day of Resurrection, Jesus will testify against them and deny that he was killed on the cross.

Please note from the translation, "and on the day of resurrection he (Isa) shall be a witness against them." which you provided, it is quite clear that HE SHALL BE A WITNESS AGAINST THEM (CHRISTIANS), and not a witness FOR them. So, on that Day, Isa will say that he was NOT killed.

Thanks for giving me the chance to explain 4:159, which many do not understand.

That is what 159 means.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176736 May 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Any verses from an authentic Torah will do.
<quoted text>
There's that 200 IQ shining through.
<quoted text>
That's fine. Show me the second coming of Adam. That's a correct name, right?
<quoted text>
Is Sarah Faye Ann Carney some neighbor of your that you don't like?
<quoted text>
That's muscles, not mussels. Mussels are a shell fish. Pretty good too. Maybe I'll have some tonight with dinner. There's your self proclaimed 200 IQ shining through again. But at least you spelled mustache correctly. I would have thought you would have a harder time with that word than muscles, but I guess not.
rabbee: there is no point, in debating someone who has never even read TheTorah Scroll. and i already gave to you the scripture yesterday, that describes both distinct events.

if you deny even seeing that, then you shall deny no matter how much more i give. you already proven this, with your blind eyes from yesterday. even if you were to read it, you already have way too many delusional pre-conceptions.

and no she is or was not even close, to being my neighbor. and she currently lives, in pocatello idaho. did not even meet her, until the year of my jubilee. already too late, to prevent her from being deceived. and the second visit from G-D, came shortly after that. and you should all, know that story too. but as usual - your all going to deny, it ever happens here in TheTorah. because you all, do not think your here in IT from G-D again.
bmz

Location hidden

#176737 May 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, just wipe out all past scriptures, rewrite them the way you want and it's ALLAH KAZAAM!!! POOF!!! You now have the truth. Tah Dah!!!
Not that.

I was telling Shamma, the ignorant fool that he should read Qur'aan. If he had really read Qur'aan, he would not have asked me to provide back up.

If you have read Qur'aan, then you know that it talks mostly about Moses and Bani Israel.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176738 May 18, 2013
Pangloss wrote:
<quoted text>Take your meds.
rabbee: medication, does not stop lying. any more than it, can prevent the truth from happening. they do not have, a thou shalt not lie pill.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176739 May 18, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You misread my post Shamma, the statement that you can sin and won't die was made by Adam (the serpent) to Eve. The pronouncement that Adam would die meant the second death as you call it, but was an ultimate death, Adam went to heaven to preserve his life. If you go to hell, you're lost forever. Adam who is Satan would be reincarnated to be the father of the Messiah. God created an imperfect sinful world and feels the need to be accountable for it.
Sorry Susan, you are making up your own interpretation contrary to Gods teaching of what is meant to die.
After Adam disobeyed God the gates of heaven were closed to man.
The consequence of disobeying God and his commandments is separation from God.

That is the meaning of what God meant when he told Adam you will surely die.
The penalty for sin is being separated from God, meaning a spiritual death, to die.
That is Gods own commandment given to us.

So it is obvious you are on the wrong side of Scripture.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176740 May 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus, the Christ, the ONLY true Jewish Messiah.

Keep these words in mind because there shall NEVER be another messiah apart from FRAUDS. I am guaranteeing you this.
How do you know?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176741 May 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

The sum total of ALL of the goodness of HUMANITY is less than the worst thing that Jesus ever did.
So, Jesus is imperfect!

What is the worst thing that Jesus did while on earth?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176742 May 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for quoting the translation of the verses of Qur'aan. Quite true.
I would just like to clarify 158 and 159 above.
156 simply means Allah took him away. That is what it means in Arabic.
Took him away to where? Allah taking him away sure seems like it means that Allah took him to him. So I think the translator did a good job.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not ascend into heavens from the cross. Right?
According to the Gospels, that happened after he was resurrected.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It can also mean Allah granted him a high stature.
Took him away means he was granted a high status? They have words for high status in Arabic.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the verse to show that he was bodily lifted up.
Well, it's highly unlikely that took him away means granted him high status. As I said, there are words in Arabic for high status, but we don't find those words in the verse.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
159 is talking about the wrong belief of Christians that Jesus was killed on the cross. And every Christian will believe in the wrong story even till his last breath. In other words, every Christian will die believing that Jesus was killed, but on the Day of Resurrection, Jesus will testify against them and deny that he was killed on the cross.
It actually says both the Jews and Christians believe that the Jews crucified him.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please note from the translation, "and on the day of resurrection he (Isa) shall be a witness against them." which you provided, it is quite clear that HE SHALL BE A WITNESS AGAINST THEM
Sure, according to Muhammad. How was Muhammad ever supposed to follow someone up who was crucified and then resurrected? So it's no wonder that he had to do whatever he could to get rid of that idea.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
(CHRISTIANS), and not a witness FOR them. So, on that Day, Isa will say that he was NOT killed.
Thanks for giving me the chance to explain 4:159, which many do not understand.
That is what 159 means.
Not exactly. It meant that both the Jews and Christians believed he was crucified. The Jews boasted about causing it, and the Christians believed in it and used it as the basis for their faith and religion. So Allah allowed them to be deceived and therefore a giant religion was created because of this deception, and it took Allah 600 years to clear this up. Hmmmm..... But then again, what else could Muhammad do? there was no way he could follow up a feat of being resurrected, so the whole story had to be altered so that he could be a prophet.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176743 May 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first you claim the Hebrew scriptures are corrupted and are therefore to be thrown out, and then you write your own, new account of God, and claim that this was the God that the real, uncorrupted scriptures talked about. And then you wipe out Judaism and Christianity, rewrite everything, and there you have it. Pretty simple.
Show me where Christian teachings say the Old Testament is corrupted?

Christianity claims Jeremiah as the New Testament Covenant prophesied in the Old Testament.

So it is obvious that you are ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stone tools prove humans at work 15,000 years ago (Mar '11) Feb 9 BINGO FART 3
News Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada? Feb 6 Vasily Ivanov 1
News Ruins of historic mission ranch among few remai... (Dec '09) Feb 1 NEWS FART 2
News Shawn Vestal: When cows were the cornerstone of... Jan 28 jarrfan 1
Scota origin? - mother of Scotland Jan 26 cecelia hall 1
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan '18 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan '18 John 1
More from around the web