Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253944 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#176308 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you even say PBUH rather than PUBH? Why would you give a liar any respect?
The reason is that Shamma copies and pastes. If you guide him, he may follow. He can even copy and paste from Muslim sites about Jesus PUBH.

I don't think the fool understood what you said.
bmz

Singapore

#176309 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is a disgrace to the humanity of the human race.
It is a religion without a moral conscience.
Where ever Muslims migrate too, death and destruction follows.
Lying, rape, robbery, and murder are the laws of Muslims that is written in their mind and heart.
In the mind of Muslims only a Muslim can boast that they are not guilty of sin against their god they call Allah.
All non-Muslims in the mind of a Muslim are guilty of transgressing against their god Allah, and must convert to their religion of Muhammad, or pay a tax to Muslims to live as an inferior low class person. or be killed by Muslims.
Muslims give their loyalty to Muhammad by living their life of Jihad against all non-Muslims.
Looks like you wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Shit.
bmz

Singapore

#176310 May 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The me and the profit thing... etc belong to another post of mine.
Here is the post you should have picked, post #176174:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
In the post #176174 is where you said: "Muhammad never even said this about himself."
If you look at that post the my part, you should read: "WTF Muhammad has to do with Deut 18:15-18 is a mystery. But then a Muslim has not choice but to obey to Allah aka Muhammad SAID about ABOUT HIMSELF"
When I said, what Muhammad has to do with Deut 18:15-18 doesn't mean at all that Muhammad said he found on Deut 18:15-18
When I said, a Muslim obey to what Muhammad said about himself, it doesn't imply at all that Muhammad said he is Deut 18:15-18, I was referring, in general, to the fact if he (Muhammad) say something stupid, false etc, a muslim has not choice but to obey.
Thanks for the addictional infos you gave me, but sincerely I already knew that Muhammad never gave any biblical reference about himself, but has only give vague reference about it. I know this because I have read the Quran too. Don't think you are the only one.
You might have read a translation of Qur'aan but don't tell us you understand it.

It is Qur'aan that says he was mentioned in the past scriptures. And many Muslims do try to find him in the Jewish Scriptures and the Christian Bible. I advise Muslims not to look for him in the NT. Even the true Jesus is not there in the NT. The Jesus of the NT is a stolen character, introduced in the books written after the 4th Century.

Personally, I do not look for Jesus in the New Testament, which was not a revelation given to Jesus by God.

However, I do believe that Deut 18:18 talks about Muhammad. Jesus does not fit the bill in Deut 18:18.
bmz

Singapore

#176311 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Mohammed said,“Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him.”(Hadith Al Buhkari vol. 9:57)
Hello, Liar of the Christian Church

There is no such Hadith. Which lying evangelist or deranged presbyter gave you that 'Hadith'?

The alleged Father deceived the alleged Son and here, you are deceiving the silent majority of international readers.
bmz

Singapore

#176312 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims god is a demon from hell.
Muslim's God is the God of of Abraham.

Do you thing the God of Abraham is a demon from hell?
bmz

Singapore

#176313 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims god is a demon from hell.
Correction, Sham

Should read:

Muslim's God is the God of of Abraham.

Do you think the God of Abraham is a demon from hell?
bmz

Singapore

#176315 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Embarrassing is not the word you should be using rabbee.
the word you should be using rabbe is "Disgrace"

For all that God created was good rabbe, but you chose to disgrace God by your own free will and disobey Gods command not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

It is you rabbee that has cursed all mankind by your disobedience to God.
You wrote something that struck me:
Shamma wrote:
For all that God created was good rabbe, "
That is incorrect. Even Paul does not agree with you.

According to Paul, Jesus was created as Sin and you know well that sin is evil. So, your God did create an evil, a big one.

Another evil thing your God did was that he deceived Jesus by 'shouting a loud shout',
“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” but did not add, "but I have created him Sin and will have him killed".

Only the Demons revealed that secret to Paul.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176316 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you don't know anything about Lao Tzu. The things you said are the exact opposite of him and what he taught.
<quoted text>
Where?
<quoted text>
Then you still don't understand anything that I say.
<quoted text>
Just quote the verses where you get this idea from. Is that too much to ask of you?
<quoted text>
I know enough about how bad it is to claim you speak for God. That is very very bad. You are no prophet, you're a profit.
<quoted text>
So if I think you're insane, then I must be vain? Is that how you explain away your own insanity for yourself? I guess everybody's got an excuse for themselves.
well your opposition thinking, does not constitute the intellectual actual facts.

and i understand everything you are trying to say, that is incorrect. and i did not get, the idea from verses first. you are not listening, to what is said. i got it all, from G-D first. long before i discovered, there is TheTorah THEY talked about.

i have given you, the actual words from G-D about adam and his mate. and you indicate, you cannot accept being here in TheTorah again from G-D. and i am not about to repeat those actual words in TheTorah, thousands and thousands of times. to any one who is dead set against reading them. i have been more than lenient, giving what is already written more than the once G-D gave it. G-D is not going to argue with your, wanting to be an idiot. THE'LL just continue to let you make a fool out of yourself.

and go ahead and prove without you facts, that i am making a profit from this? when i have a legal, documentation that says i can't make a profit from this. and all i can do at best, is cover my expenses. when i divorced your grandmother, in criminal court. and will you please explain to me, how i can file for divorce in criminal courts? without it being, a miracle from G-D?

and yes! i would rather be giving, a great and good message from G-D about you all and your grandmother. but i cannot give, a good message when it is all bad for you. i would like to tell you are all, going to HEAVEN. but none of you presently are going to make it.

you all have only but about, a thousand years. to prepare for the deluvian, you don't believe, has ever happened before.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176317 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you keep mentioning the Torah, but you never seem to actually quote from it to back your claims up. Both you and susan seem to make up whatever you feel like. Hey, I can do that too if you would like.
if i have given it once, have i not given it for thousands and thousands of third and fourth times before? how many more times, must it post what is always true, in TheTorah? for anyone, to actually read it? shall i need to post again, what is all in TheTorah. that you! are too, lazy to read? am i to be held guilty, for what G-D expects for you to do? have you not seen this before: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.

G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"
bmz

Singapore

#176318 May 15, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
well your opposition thinking, does not constitute the intellectual actual facts.
and i understand everything you are trying to say, that is incorrect. and i did not get, the idea from verses first. you are not listening, to what is said. i got it all, from G-D first. long before i discovered, there is TheTorah THEY talked about.

i have given you, the actual words from G-D about adam and his mate. and you indicate, you cannot accept being here in TheTorah again from G-D. and i am not about to repeat those actual words in TheTorah, thousands and thousands of times. to any one who is dead set against reading them. i have been more than lenient, giving what is already written more than the once G-D gave it. G-D is not going to argue with your, wanting to be an idiot. THE'LL just continue to let you make a fool out of yourself.

and go ahead and prove without you facts, that i am making a profit from this? when i have a legal, documentation that says i can't make a profit from this. and all i can do at best, is cover my expenses. when i divorced your grandmother, in criminal court. and will you please explain to me, how i can file for divorce in criminal courts? without it being, a miracle from G-D?

and yes! i would rather be giving, a great and good message from G-D about you all and your grandmother. but i cannot give, a good message when it is all bad for you. i would like to tell you are all, going to HEAVEN. but none of you presently are going to make it.

you all have only but about, a thousand years. to prepare for the deluvian, you don't believe, has ever happened before.
What a pleasure to read! Love you, Rabbee.

Enjoyed this part more:

"and go ahead and prove without you facts, that i am making a profit from this? when i have a legal, documentation that says i can't make a profit from this. and all i can do at best, is cover my expenses. when i divorced your grandmother, in criminal court. and will you please explain to me, how i can file for divorce in criminal courts? without it being, a miracle from G-D? "

I hope the Profit will now know that you are not making any profit.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176319 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
The all knowing creator has "hope" for you? Isn't hope something that someone does when they don't know the future? You can hope, but God? How does God "hope" for anything?
rabbee: so i can't hope that you will all repent, so G-D can change the way THEY tell this story to actually happen?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176320 May 15, 2013
i mean come on, you can all see the ending of TheTorah for the last two Torot time. do you really think, you are going to prevent the same ending again, with the same kind of thinking, that keeps getting you all into this mess?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176321 May 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Shit.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him (Thomas one of his disciples who asked Jesus a question),‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”

It should be noted that Jesus did not say “I am one of many equally good ways” or “I am a better way then the others, I am an aspect of truth; I am a fragment of the life.” Instead, His claim was absolute.

The way – that we come into a relationship with God is through the cross that Jesus died on. In our place for our sin. Jesus doesn’t just present an issue without giving us the solution.“I am the way” this implies that through my death on the cross all are forgiven, all are loved, and all are given a way back to God. Do you see how inclusive that is? Anyone in the room and outside of this room has a way back to God.

The truth – If you want to know how God is you look at Jesus. When you come to Jesus you come to the one in which the truth about God the father is found.

The life – Jesus is also the way to the Father because he is the life. In various ways the Fourth Gospel speaks of Jesus as ‘the life’. In 1:4 we are told,‘In him was life, and that life was the light of men,’ and in 5:26 Jesus says,‘as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself’.

In 6:33, 35, 48, 51 Jesus speaks of himself as the ‘bread of life’, and in 11:25 he says,‘I am the resurrection and the life.’ All these texts reflect the fact that the life of God was found in Jesus. Therefore, when people come to Jesus they come to the one in whom the life of the Father is found, and in this sense also Jesus is the way to the Father.

It doesn’t stop there. In this text Jesus not only said that he was ‘the way the truth and the life’; he also added, No one comes to the Father except through me.

No-one else can bring people to God, for no-one else has seen God or made him known (1:18; 3:13), no-one else speaks and embodies the truth about God as he does, no-one else shares the very life of God, and no-one else has dealt with the problem of human sin so as to bring people back to a holy God. This means that no-one can claim to know God while rejecting Jesus his Son (5:23; 8:42).

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176322 May 15, 2013
AIMS & METHODS OF INQUIRY - SCIENTIST VERSUS THE YOGI:

1) SCIENTIST: The climax of the ordinary consciousness is science. For science what is upon earth, on the gross physical plane, is true, real, simply because it is there. What it calls “nature” is for it the final reality, and its aim is to build up a theory to explain the workings of it. So, it climbs as high as the physical mind in its inferential or deductive mode can go and tries to find out the causes of what it assumes to be the true, the real world. But, in fact, it adapts causes to effects, for it has already taken that which is for it the true, the real, and seeks only to explain it mentally or through thoughts, symbols and ideas without ever having a direct vision and knowledge of the objects of its inquiry.

1) YOGI: For the yogic consciousness, however, this world is not the final reality. Rising above the exteriorized mind - not in the intellectual way nor by way of mere thoughts or ideas represented mathematically or verbally – through a series of trance states by which it directly connects with the forces and phenomena of each cosmic plane of physical and supra physical consciousness, it enters the subtle world of “first” truths, and looking from there at the lower planes of existence sees how involuted or distorted the so-called ineluctable or unchangeable facts have become, how completely falsified and superficial everything has become ! So, the so-called world of facts is for the Yogi a falsehood and not at all the true reality. It is not what it ought to be, it is almost the very opposite; whereas for the scientist it is absolutely true or fundamental.

2) SCIENTIST: The scientist says that whatever is is natural and cannot be changed at heart. But, really speaking, the laws of which he usually speaks are of his own mental making seen from the viewpoint of the physical extension of the consciousness. And because he accepts nature as it is as the very basis, things do not and cannot change for him in any complete sense though several proofs to the contrary exist like the medically verified case of a minor yogi from Gujarat (Nov 28, 2003, The Times of India), who, in brazen defiance of every scientific dogma concerning the so-called needs of the body and the so-called fixed effects and ineluctability of the physical laws, has abstained from food, sleep, drink, excretion and medication for the past 70 years.

2) YOGI: The aim of the Yogi is to “change things”. According to the Yogi, all this can be changed, because he knows that there is something subtler, finer, seeking manifestation in and through the physical with which it is intimately linked. There are no rigid or fixed laws here; even science in its rare undogmatic moments recognises that the laws are mere mental constructions. There are only cases, and if the mind could apply itself to all the circumstances it would find that no two cases are exactly similar. With the infusion of a higher element of consciousness-force into the existing system things undergo a radical change.
bmz

Singapore

#176323 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
John 14:6 Jesus said to him (Thomas one of his disciples who asked Jesus a question),‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”
It should be noted that Jesus did not say “I am one of many equally good ways” or “I am a better way then the others, I am an aspect of truth; I am a fragment of the life.” Instead, His claim was absolute.
The way – that we come into a relationship with God is through the cross that Jesus died on. In our place for our sin. Jesus doesn’t just present an issue without giving us the solution.“I am the way” this implies that through my death on the cross all are forgiven, all are loved, and all are given a way back to God. Do you see how inclusive that is? Anyone in the room and outside of this room has a way back to God.
The truth – If you want to know how God is you look at Jesus. When you come to Jesus you come to the one in which the truth about God the father is found.
The life – Jesus is also the way to the Father because he is the life. In various ways the Fourth Gospel speaks of Jesus as ‘the life’. In 1:4 we are told,‘In him was life, and that life was the light of men,’ and in 5:26 Jesus says,‘as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself’.
In 6:33, 35, 48, 51 Jesus speaks of himself as the ‘bread of life’, and in 11:25 he says,‘I am the resurrection and the life.’ All these texts reflect the fact that the life of God was found in Jesus. Therefore, when people come to Jesus they come to the one in whom the life of the Father is found, and in this sense also Jesus is the way to the Father.
It doesn’t stop there. In this text Jesus not only said that he was ‘the way the truth and the life’; he also added, No one comes to the Father except through me.
No-one else can bring people to God, for no-one else has seen God or made him known (1:18; 3:13), no-one else speaks and embodies the truth about God as he does, no-one else shares the very life of God, and no-one else has dealt with the problem of human sin so as to bring people back to a holy God. This means that no-one can claim to know God while rejecting Jesus his Son (5:23; 8:42).
Please cut all that bull shit out!

He did not show them any way. He was simply telling them that he would die and go to God.

And then he told them that he would come back and take them along. He did not say, "Look fools, the only way to God is to die and return."

And when he said, "You know the way", Thomas, the fool said, "Lord, we don't know the way".

Upon hearing that he showed them no way and gave them an off-topic rely, "I am the way.......".

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176324 May 15, 2013
When nucleons are kept at a separation of the order of a femtometer (10^-15 m), a new force called the nuclear force comes into manifestation. Nuclear force is much stronger than gravitational and electromagnetic forces if the separation between the interacting nucleons is of the order of 1 fm. Nuclear force is basically attractive and responsible for keeping the nucleons bound in the nucleus. Due to the short range of nuclear force, each nucleon in a nucleus interacts only with a small number of neighboring nucleons through the nuclear force. This explains why the density of the nucleons is roughly the same in all the nuclei.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176325 May 15, 2013
What is salvation?

by Matt Slick

Salvation is being saved from the righteous judgment of God upon the sinner.

A lot of people think that salvation means being saved from yourself or the devil. But that is not accurate. All who have sinned against God are under the judgment of God. This judgment is known as damnation where God condemns to eternal hell all those who have offended Him by breaking His Law.

This does not mean that God is unfair. It shows that God is holy. God must punish the sinner. But, He has provided a way of escape so that people will not face His righteous judgment. This means that God is both holy and loving. He must manifest each quality equally. So, being saved from the wrath of God is called salvation.

Salvation is found in Jesus, and only in Jesus, who is God in flesh (John 1:1,14), and who died for our sins and rose from the dead. 1 Cor. 15:1-4 says...

"Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,"

This is how salvation works: All of us have sinned against God and deserve judgment. But Jesus never sinned (1 Pet. 2:22). He lived the Law of God perfectly. In this He has a perfectly righteous standing before God. When the corrupt Jewish leaders forced Rome's hand into crucifying Jesus, God used this crucifixion as the means to place the sins of the world upon Jesus (1 Pet. 2:24; 1 John 2:2). This is when Jesus became sin on our behalf. 2 Cor. 5:21 says,

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

The crucifixion became the place where Jesus bore our sins in His body and suffered in our place. "But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed," (Isaiah 53:5). Remember, no sinner could please God perfectly and no sinner could offer a perfect sacrifice to God. Only God in flesh, Jesus, could do that.

So, since there is nothing we can do that is righteous before God (Isaiah 64:6 says our righteous deeds are filthy rags), then we cannot please an infinitely holy and righteous God by anything we do. But, Jesus who is perfectly righteous before God the Father, died in our place. What we could not do, He did.

If you want to escape the righteous judgment of God, then you need to trust in the sacrifice of God. You need to be made right before God, by God. This righteousness of Christ is given to you if you accept him, trust in Him, and believe in what Jesus did. This is why the Bible says that we are saved by grace through faith. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God," (Eph. 2:8).

When you trust in what Christ has done on the cross, and in no works of your own (since they aren't good enough anyway), then the righteousness of Christ is given to you -- even as your sins were "given" to Jesus. It's like a trade. He gets your sin. You get His righteousness.

Once you have trusted in what Christ has done, then you possess eternal life and you will never face the judgment of God.

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand," (John 10:27-28).

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176326 May 16, 2013
Salvation is physical - physical immortality and physical invincibility.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176327 May 16, 2013
Many people are more attached to their money than to their life.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#176329 May 16, 2013
The consciousness expressed as thought is weighed down, restricted, feeble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web