Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

the profit

Lowell, MA

#176177 May 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any scripture so I don't know what you are talking about? Just answer to simple questions, who, where, and when was set the criterion to establish whether or not someone is a true prophet of god.
They themselves set the criteria so that they can MAKE Muhammad fit the bill. There is no sense of proper reasoning in these people. They invent the rules and then cheer when things work out for them, based on their own rules that they arbitrarily invent for themselves. And they don't even see the problem with this and don't even realize the logical fallacy they commit because nobody has ever even taught them what a logical fallacy even is.

So in their minds, they make perfect sense. But when the Bible gets brought up, all of the sudden they try to use logic and reasoning but completely dump these concepts when it comes to the Quran, and they don't even realize they do this. That's the worst part.

There is no reasoning with these people and there is no such thing as objective thought in their universe. So how can any reasonable conversation ever be had with them? It's impossible and they MAKE it this way and see no problems with this at all. They can't understand the problem with this, as nobody has ever taught them such things, they are only taught the Quran.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#176178 May 15, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"(Faustus said):
You claimed that Moses wrote of Christ, I will be very grateful if you would show me just what he has written. I have searched the Scriptures and found no prophecies of Christ, because there are none. What then, shall we point to? Shall it be that passage which you often quote where the God of Moses said to him,'I will raise up unto them from among their brethren a prophet like you'?
But there are many reasons against our thinking that this refers to Christ;
Christ was not a prophet, nor was He like Moses, for Moses was a man, and Christ is God; Moses was a sinner, and Christ sinless; Moses was born by ordinary birth, and Christ born of a virgin; Moses was put to death on the mountain for offending his God, and Christ suffered voluntarily and the Father was well pleased in Him.
If we were to assert that Christ was a prophet like Moses, the Jews would either deride us as ignorant or pronounce us untruthful.
You surely must acknowledge that the teaching of Jesus is opposed to that of Moses."
- Augustine, contra Faustum
It's curious you have no written the number of book and the verse. Hope you don't mind if I quote what he really has said, Book XVI:2

"2. Since you have proved that Christ declared that Moses wrote of him, I should be very grateful if you would show me what he has written. I have searched the Scriptures, as we are told to do, and have found no prophecies of Christ, either because there are none, or because I could not understand them. The only escape from this perplexity was in one or other of two conclusions. Either this verse must be spurious, or Jesus a liar. As it is not consistent with piety to suppose God a liar, I preferred to attribute falsehood to the writers, rather than to the Author, of truth. Moreover, He Himself tells that those who came before him were thieves and robbers, which applies first of all to Moses. And when, on the occasion of His speaking of His own majesty, and calling Himself the light of the world, the Jews angrily rejoined, "Thou bearest witness of thyself, thy witness is not true," I do not find that He appealed to the prophecies of Moses, as might have been expected. Instead of this, as having no connection with the Jews, and receiving no testimony from their fathers, He replied: "It is written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one who bear witness of myself, and the Father who sent me beareth witness of me."1 He referred to the voice from heaven which all had heard: "This is my beloved Son, believe Him." I think it likely that if Christ had said that Moses wrote of Him, the ingenious hostility of the Jews would have led them at once to ask what He supposed Moses to have written. The silence of the Jews is a proof that Jesus never made such a statement.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#176179 May 15, 2013
Quotes from the Qur'an and Hadith

on war, violence, infidels, and unbelievers

The terrorist element in Islam may not be shared by most Muslims but it cannot be denied it is a part of Islam and prevalent in countries that have an Islamic government. The radical fundamentalists cannot be ignored or denied as part of this religion, which influence becomes just as much social and political as it is religious. Certainly it is true that not all Muslims are terrorists, however the majority of Terrorists are Muslim.

To compare Christianity or any other religion is like apples and oranges. As Christians we do not practice the Old Testament but the teachings of the New Testament, by Christ and the apostles. so any arguments to try and castigate Christians for doing the same fail miserably.

Recently the Spokesman for the Taliban said,“Those youths who did what they did destroyed America with their airplanes they’ve done a good deed.” He went on to say “THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF YOUTH WHO LOOK FORWARD TO DEATH LIKE THE AMERICANS LOOK FORWARD TO LIVING.”

In the book of Proverbs the God that they say they obey says,“all those who love death hate me.” Just a interesting observation, how do the leaders get his followers to do what he will not.

Surah 2:256 “Let there be no compulsion in Religion.” This would be a rational position if practiced as a standard, however Muslims disallow the Bible (as well as other books of religion) in their countries and do not give people a choice. They do not want to engage in dialogue or allow freedom of choice when they are in control. To present the Bibles Gospel is tantamount to aggression, so one is labeled an infidel, and the use of force can be used to restrain him. The rest of this verse says “Truth stands out Clear from Error: whoever Rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped, the most trustworthy Hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth And knoweth all things.” This verse seems to imply that those who embrace Islam willingly are accepted.

Why is it so hard for Muslim to become a Christian or join with another religion? Mohammed said,“Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him.”(Hadith Al Buhkari vol. 9:57) This command is practiced in almost all Islamic Fundamentalist countries today.

While the Qur’an says not to begin with hostilities, and Allah does not love the aggressor, it is not acceptable when Islam is refused. For it teaches not to turn away and bless but “the one who attacks you, you attack him in like manner...whoso defendeth himself after he hath suffered wrong, there is no way (blame) against them.”

Sura 26:227 “Except those who believe, work righteousness, engage much in the remembrance of God, and defend themselves only after they are unjustly attacked. And soon will the unjust assailants know what vicissitudes their affairs will take!”

They present certain verses and ignore others verses that have quite a different tone such as 3:85 “Whoever seeks other than Islam as his religion, it will not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he will be with the losers”“Slay the idolators [non-Muslims] wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush.

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day…. Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah!(Sura 9:5,29,41).

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#176180 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad never even said this about himself. All he said was that he was written about or prophecized in their books, but notice he never says where. Never. Because if he did, people could scrutinize his claim. I read the Quran. Whenever Muhammad was asked any challenging questions, he never answered them and instead threatened them with hell and told them that God has sealed their hearts.
In the story of Jesus, he more than answered their questions. He gave very deep answers that they never expected and he exposed them as the hypocrites they were. THAT'S what a wise man does when asked questions, rather than avoiding them and threatening the questioner.
If you read carefully I didn't write that Muhammad has said Deut 18:15-18 speaks about himself.

Also remember that Allah declared that when a believer goes to Muhammad's home for a meal, after finished it they have to go away instead to stay there and having a chat with the prophet.

I do also recollect quite vaguely that if people have to question to Muhammad, they have to wait for the answers instead of pretending all answers soon.(If that is not correct was something along that line)

Quran is a mediocre book, written by mediocre person(s) for a mediocre audience.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176181 May 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite possible. They might have had a prophet, who told them long, long before Abraham. And things changed over centuries.
rabbee: what! none of you ever, heard of Noach, HisFamily, and their talking animal friends?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176182 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
BTW, I hope people realize that the story of Adam and Eve has Sumerian roots.
rabbee: well it also had, American, French, Russian, Chinese, etc., roots too. even as you are watching, the very same thing in TheHappening Today again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176183 May 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand prophet (I think that's what you mean) that the snake was a part of Adams anatomy and what Adam and Eve did was sodomy. Adam was the first and your typical male and in that sense all men have inherited original sin. Satan (Adam) would be punished and executed with a sword mainly for the "crucifixion" which was actually something totally different and unique. Isaiah 27:1. Not only was Eve Adams wife, she was also his daughter and the seed of or second Eve (the Messiah) will conquer both Lucifer (Jesus) and Satan (Adam)
rabbee: well first of all, if it has legs it's a lizard. and can't even remotely be a snake, without losing it's legs. and secondly mr lizard lips, happens to be her grandson from the previous Torot time. and so her crime, is adultery as a result of disbelief in G-D. and sorry if you can't accept, G-D always giving the same story again, with all your lying about it.

and Adam nor adam, are the first alleged as males here on earth. since Noach and HisSon's, and the male talking animals always are the first. This Story always begins with, Noach first. and adam and his mate, never even get here till the near end of ThisStory.

and the woman chaooah, has never been adam's daughter. she is chosen from one of, adam's granddaughters. from the previous Torot time. and for this third time, here in This Torah Happenings. the woman chaooah, has been the exact same irish gal as before sarah. so your are all, of irish incestory.

yeah none of you, ever really expected adam and your grandmother to be here again. in the exact same story. indicating just how wrong, you all are in denial of being here in TheStory again. because your always, pretending to be in some other story that is not from G-D. with all of your lying, perverting your grandmother again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176184 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
So how come everyone ignores everything that
I have said?
The things I said were clear enough and the questions I asked were clear enough. But its like I never posted them. Should I repeat the same posts?
rabbee: the closer you come, to the truth of G-D. the more you shall be ignored, in this world that has no truth of G-D. and doesn't even, want it. if you are accepted by this corrupt world today, you are doing something wrong against G-D. the righteous have no friends, in this whole world against G-D.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176185 May 15, 2013
everything you see happening today, is the exact same corrupt things. that were happening, the very last two times that adam and your grandmother of all were both here. because this whole world, does not want to believe in TheG-D of TheTorah here in IT. even more sad is the alleged as jews, want to ignore G-D and being here in TheTorah today.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176186 May 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read carefully I didn't write that Muhammad has said Deut 18:15-18 speaks about himself.
I did read carefully. You said this. "Me and the profit already pointed out it's not Muhammad by analizing the text,"

I was elaborating and telling you that Muhammad did claim that past books mentioned him, but that he never said where so that nobody could scrutinize his claim. You haven't read the Quran, I have, so I'm giving you additional info.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran is a mediocre book, written by mediocre person(s) for a mediocre audience.
Mediocre? That's mighty kind of you. It's about 10 pages worth of actual material. The rest are repeats over and over and over again of the same things.

Then, as additional fillers, it repeats threats and descriptions of hell and promises and descriptions of paradise over and over and over again. Muslims claim it had to be repeated over and over again so that people will remember it and pay attention to it. But a good author never does this because if they need it said again, then can just reread what has already been said.

And then, add the fillers of telling past stories from the Bible, and telling many of them the wrong way, you've got the Quran. A giant book that basically says Allah is only one God and Muhammad is his prophet and if you don't believe that, you are going to drink molten brass in hell.

It reminded me of a politician that only has 5 minutes of actual material but has a 20 minute speaking slot. So what will he do? He'll just repeat the same things and change the words a little each time to make it look like he had 20 minutes of material. And if the audience isn't paying attention, he can get away with it.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176187 May 15, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: the closer you come, to the truth of G-D. the more you shall be ignored, in this world that has no truth of G-D. and doesn't even, want it. if you are accepted by this corrupt world today, you are doing something wrong against G-D. the righteous have no friends, in this whole world against G-D.
Why don't you tell me something new? Didn't Jesus say look for the narrow gate not the wide one? And don't call me rabee. I don't like when people put on stupid acts.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176188 May 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's curious you have no written the number of book and the verse. Hope you don't mind if I quote what he really has said, Book XVI:2
"2. Since you have proved that Christ declared that Moses wrote of him, I should be very grateful if you would show me what he has written. I have searched the Scriptures, as we are told to do, and have found no prophecies of Christ, either because there are none, or because I could not understand them. The only escape from this perplexity was in one or other of two conclusions. Either this verse must be spurious, or Jesus a liar. As it is not consistent with piety to suppose God a liar, I preferred to attribute falsehood to the writers, rather than to the Author, of truth. Moreover, He Himself tells that those who came before him were thieves and robbers, which applies first of all to Moses. And when, on the occasion of His speaking of His own majesty, and calling Himself the light of the world, the Jews angrily rejoined, "Thou bearest witness of thyself, thy witness is not true," I do not find that He appealed to the prophecies of Moses, as might have been expected. Instead of this, as having no connection with the Jews, and receiving no testimony from their fathers, He replied: "It is written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one who bear witness of myself, and the Father who sent me beareth witness of me."1 He referred to the voice from heaven which all had heard: "This is my beloved Son, believe Him." I think it likely that if Christ had said that Moses wrote of Him, the ingenious hostility of the Jews would have led them at once to ask what He supposed Moses to have written. The silence of the Jews is a proof that Jesus never made such a statement.
rabbee: how many times must i, post this before somebody gets it. but here is what G-D wrote to Moshe about HIM:

"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.

G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

you all know this story of Adam to adam and his mate. which fits the profile, of the one alleged with the fake name jesus. and the whole world was brain dead, even before G-D had Adam put to death again on the tree in TheTree. indicating you are all, out of your tree. in this whole world here in TheTorah, that is not sane at all.
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176189 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well it also had, American, French, Russian, Chinese, etc., roots too.
Oh really? There was America and Russia and France and China before the creation story was written? It has traceable roots to the ancient Sumerians and has a lot of similarities to their creation story written long before the Torah was ever compiled. It's not proof, it's just very very similar and is noticed by historians and scholars who are well educated.
<quoted text>
even as you are watching, the very same thing in TheHappening Today again.
The creation story is repeating itself? And what is TheHappening? Did you mean to type "this is happening today again"? Do you type with boxing gloves or something?
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176190 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: how many times must i, post this before somebody gets it. but here is what G-D
Why can't you just type God? What is the stupid little game you think you are playing by calling everybody rabee and always typing G-D? It's stupid, but you're the only one who doesn't seem to realize that.
<quoted text>
"wrote to Moshe about HIM:(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.
G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"
you all know this story of Adam to adam and his mate. which fits the profile, of the one alleged with the fake name jesus.
How exactly? And don't tell me your opinion, quote the exact verses that substantiate your opinion. Have you ever read Jeremiah 31? Quit making up whatever you feel like.
<quoted text>
and the whole world was brain dead, even before G-D had Adam put to death again on the tree in TheTree. indicating you are all, out of your tree.
Don't crack the mirror while you are looking at it and talking to it.

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Who's the biggest nut job of all?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#176191 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tell me something new? Didn't Jesus say look for the narrow gate not the wide one? And don't call me rabee. I don't like when people put on stupid acts.
rabbee: well i do not think, They told any one. not to call TheBoth of Them, Rabbee-rabbee. which was the actual accusation, to Them Both. and if so, would be respectfully near correct to call a Rabbee and HisMate, Rabbee-rabbee.

and yes the path, is a lot narrower than any alleged as new testament. in this world that has, more new testaments than carter has little liver pills. they! even have, a monkey or amebae new testament? that even alleged as science new testaments, are not immune to. how many lying theories of the universe, can they have that are not G-D'S Accounting?
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176192 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i do not think,
No you don't think and you referred to me as rabbee again, when I said I don't like stupid games. So I didn't even read the rest of your post. I really don't care what sort of stupid game you think you are playing, all I need to know is that it is stupid. If you want to behave as a sane individual, then we can talk. Understood?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176193 May 15, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>

What is the stupid little game you think you are playing by calling everybody rabee.
Hey Illiterate, Numerically Challenged Nut,

Rabee writes his views under his own name.

Have you not noticed the colon (:) he puts after his name (Rabbee)?

And after the colon he types his opinion.

Here's a sample:

Rabbee: well I do not think, They told any one. not to call TheBoth of Them, Rabbee-rabbee. which was the actual accusation, to Them Both. and if so, would be respectfully near correct to call a Rabbee and HisMate, Rabbee-rabbee.

Notice the colon after his name (Rabbee) and then read his comments.

So, the name Rabbee is not addressed to all but to himself.

LOL.

Now, about this, joker?

Find the sum of all numbers greater than 10000 formed by using the digits 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 with no digit being repeated in any number.

(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#176195 May 15, 2013
PHYSICS:

1) When two waves interfere there is no net loss of energy but only a redistribution of the total incident energy.

2) When two wave trains interfere at a point, the resultant intensity at the point is modified but this does not obstruct their paths - the wave trains progress forward in their own directions without influencing each other.

3) The two wave trains from two different sources, like say two different musical instruments like violins, may not be coherent. In such a case, the phase difference at any point of interference of the two wave trains will change with time.

(smiles)
the profit

Lowell, MA

#176196 May 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Illiterate, Numerically Challenged Nut,
Rabee writes his views under his own name.
Have you not noticed the colon (:) he puts after his name (Rabbee)?
And after the colon he types his opinion.
Here's a sample:
Rabbee: well I do not think, They told any one. not to call TheBoth of Them, Rabbee-rabbee. which was the actual accusation, to Them Both. and if so, would be respectfully near correct to call a Rabbee and HisMate, Rabbee-rabbee.
Notice the colon after his name (Rabbee) and then read his comments.
So, the name Rabbee is not addressed to all but to himself.
LOL.
So he's writing to himself. Gee, that's just great.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, about this, joker?
Find the sum of all numbers greater than 10000 formed by using the digits 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 with no digit being repeated in any number.
(smiles)
Why would I want to bother doing that? Why do you ask? Because I pegged that you knew little or nothing about Physics?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#176197 May 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:

As Christians we do not practice the Old Testament but the teachings of the New Testament, by Christ and the apostles. so any arguments to try and castigate Christians for doing the same fail miserably.....
Hello worshipper of naked pagan on phallus, how are you?

Is the pope planning to give you sainthood as you must be a good candidate with your level of ignorance and insincerity?

My humble question to you:
If you don't practicve the Old Testament WHY DO YOU CARRY IT WITH YOU LIKE A MULE?
Ditch it!

Then your "NT" will collapse instantly with all it's lies made up after the departure of Jesus.

You know that NT is dead without the Jewish books, I am sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web