Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256388 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175732 May 10, 2013
I shall return, to BRUISE the head of the Serpent.
JOEL

Thane, India

#175733 May 10, 2013
(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#175734 May 10, 2013
Hi!

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#175735 May 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
I shall return, to BRUISE the head of the Serpent.
Buzz off.

(smiles)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175736 May 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole article and your few lines are all Bull Shit.
Your first line and the last line are both absurd, because Muslims worship only the LORD Almighty God.
The whole world knows that and even your pagan-installed Church knows that too.
Since you worship an unsuccessful man Jesus, you think others do the same and that is extremely foolish of you.
Stop worshipping Jesus because that will lead you to Hell. You must trust me, knowing who I am.
It a;ways bull-shit when the truth about Muslims worshiping Muhammad as another god besides Allah.
But you cannot tell enough lies to hide the truth.
Muslims worship Muhammad as a another God.

Muhammad positioned himself as a counselor with Allah, when he forced Zainab, daughter of Gahsh, to marry Zaid, Muhammad’s adopted son. When Zainab refused Muhammad’s proposal, the Quran declares that this proposal was the decision of Allah and Muhammad.

It is not fitting for a believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger, to have any option about their decision. If anyone disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong path (Surat Al-Ahzab 33:36).

In the above verses prove Muslims worship Muhammad as an another god with Allah.

The Bible declares that God does not accept any human counseling:

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor?(Romans 11:33, 34 NKJ).

For Muhammad to associate himself as a counselor with Allah is clearly polytheism.

The Quran Positioned Mohammed As The Center Of Praise In Heaven, And On Earth

Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessings on the prophet. O ye who believe? Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worth salutation (Surat Al-Ahzab 33:56 MPT)

The literal translation of this verse is:

Allah and His angels pray on the prophet. O ye who believe pray on him and salute him with a worthy salutation.

... More importantly, if Allah and his angels in heaven are praying on the prophet, and on earth Muslims are praying on the prophet, then Mohammed is the center of worship in heaven and on earth. This is also the conclusion arrived at by some intellectual Muslims.

The daily Egyptian Newspaper, Alwafd,(September 9, 1992), recorded the following question sent to Sheik Hassan Mamoun, one of the prominent clerics in Egypt:

What is your judgment concerning prayer on Mohammed, the messenger of Allah, doesn't that mean worshipping him?

Muslims never mention the name of Mohammed without saying peace be upon him or in Arabic Salla Allaho Alihe Wasalaam or Alihe Alsalaato Wasalaam which means "Allah's prayer and salutation on him."

Look at any Islamic inscribed sign, and you will read the name "Allah" at the same level of the name "Mohammed."

Muhmoud Al-Saadani, the well known Egyptian journalist, wrote a critical article in the August 9, 1996 issue of Almussawar, Egyptian weekly magazine, in which he said:

On the memorial birthday of the Messenger [Mohammed] I listened to the Friday message on an Arabic television. The speaker was a young man.. he said while shedding tears over the decline of Muslims in this age... the only cause for the Muslims’ demise in this age is that they do not glorify the master of creatures, Mohammed Ibn Abdullah, as they should glorify this glorious Messenger, who is the beginning and the last of all creation... the early Muslims used to glorify the Prophet to the point of drinking his urine...(Dr. Labib Mikhail, Islam, Muhammad and the Koran: A Documented Analysis; first edition, pp. 95-98))

It is the Muslims them self that worship Muhammad as another god.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#175738 May 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet I'm not interested in religions. Your assumptions are totally shallows as most of your posts, btw.
One thing we all know for sure is that your grasp of the English language begs for improvement.

In the space of barely an hour you have demonstrated you dont know the English usage of either "secular" or "interest"

Location hidden

#175739 May 10, 2013
INTERESTINGly enough, Topix wouldnt allow me say dorkface.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#175740 May 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus said “a tree is recognized by its fruit”(Matthew 12:33). When looking for “fruit,” here are three specific tests to apply to any teacher to determine the accuracy of his or her teaching:

1) What does this teacher say about Jesus? In Matthew 16:15-16, Jesus asks,“Who do you say I am?” Peter answers,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,” and for this answer Peter is called “blessed.”
Looking for the fruit, I found this and let us apply your suggested specific, which is never applied to this fruit from John, which shows Matthew's fruit in Matthew 12:33 IS Rotten.

John 1:41 The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him,“We have found the Messiah”(that is, the Christ).

So, it was not the Father but it was Peter's flesh and blood, his brother Andrew, who had told Philip earlier and Jesus in Matthew 12:33 thought it was the Father who told Peter.

When examining both fruits, Matthew's fruit is rotten and a fake.
JOEL

Thane, India

#175741 May 10, 2013
Stefano, Buzz off.
JOEL

Delhi, India

#175742 May 10, 2013
No slang and no abuses on Topix.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#175743 May 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
It a;ways bull-shit when the truth about Muslims worshiping Muhammad as another god besides Allah.

But you cannot tell enough lies to hide the truth.

Muslims worship Muhammad as a another God.
No lies, please! We are Muslims.

Muslims are not like Christians, who worship an unsuccessful man. We respect Muhammad.

We worship and pray only to the LORD Almighty God Allah. Muhammad was the servant of God.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175744 May 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing we all know for sure is that your grasp of the English language begs for improvement.
In the space of barely an hour you have demonstrated you dont know the English usage of either "secular" or "interest"
I know what interest means, but I see you have problems when someone disagrees with you, and you are unable to back up your claim then you start to make things up as you go.

It was all expected. When you don't know what to say what else you can come out with, seen your your shallow reasonings? I don't blame you considering your issues.

BTW in English language there is no such word as dorkface but rather dork face or dork-face. It's kinda sad that an English speaker doesn't even know her own native language and the thing is even more sad if we consider that an non-English speaker has to correct you.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#175745 May 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
No slang and no abuses on Topix.
Why have you dropped off your last name - Pastakia?

Location hidden

#175746 May 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No lies, please! We are Muslims.
Muslims are not like Christians, who worship an unsuccessful man. We respect Muhammad.
We worship and pray only to the LORD Almighty God Allah. Muhammad was the servant of God.
The mark of a Muslim is to lie.
And you are lying like all Muslims do to hide the truth from the public society.

Location hidden

#175747 May 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Also, I DONT THINK Weinstein has a BEEF with RELIGION per se, in the military.
HughBe--- You are correct on both counts. "I DONT THINK.." is correct plus "Weinstein has (NO) BEEF with RELIGION" he has it with CHRISTIANITY.
PROOF: "ANYONE (including chaplains!) sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military is guilty of TREASON"
Your man, Weinstein, not only has a "beef with religion" he is a JACKASS among other things. Your boy founded the "Religious FREEDOM Foundation" and yet he is AGAINST "public prayer ", what a DUNCE CRUFF.
What a CONTRADICTION to the what is implied in the name "Religious FREEDOM Foundation".
If his motives were clean he would have said that members of the armed forces who do not want to participate in RELIGIOUS function should be EXCUSED.
All others should meet in their respective groups. End of story but instead he has a BEEF against Christianity and I KNOW what drives the FLOCKER.
All of what I write is based on what I have read and are supported in the quotes below.
1."Weinstein is the guy who says that ANYONE (including chaplains!) sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military is guilty of TREASON, committing “spiritual rape” and is an ENEMY of the Constitution."
Slow down, mon..dont have a cow

and no need to reply and disect every sentence - that just makes you tedious

"sharing the gospel" --i.e. proselytizing. I have a problem with that. Bhuddist, Jainists, and Jews tend not to do this. Christians do. DO the math.

Location hidden

#175748 May 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what interest means, but I see you have problems when someone disagrees with you, and you are unable to back up your claim then you start to make things up as you go.
It was all expected. When you don't know what to say what else you can come out with, seen your your shallow reasonings? I don't blame you considering your issues.
BTW in English language there is no such word as dorkface but rather dork face or dork-face. It's kinda sad that an English speaker doesn't even know her own native language and the thing is even more sad if we consider that an non-English speaker has to correct you.
dork face is colloquial

How can you say I make up the fact you are online (as well as me) on an forum that that is about RELIGION???

dont be stupid.

Location hidden

#175749 May 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for the fruit, I found this and let us apply your suggested specific, which is never applied to this fruit from John, which shows Matthew's fruit in Matthew 12:33 IS Rotten.
John 1:41 The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him,“We have found the Messiah”(that is, the Christ).
So, it was not the Father but it was Peter's flesh and blood, his brother Andrew, who had told Philip earlier and Jesus in Matthew 12:33 thought it was the Father who told Peter.
When examining both fruits, Matthew's fruit is rotten and a fake.
You are a dumb ass Muslim that creates your own scripture to tell lies.

The word "Messiah" means "Anointed One," the name given to the promised Deliverer who would some day come to the people of Israel as their great Savior and Redeemer, "anointed" as Prophet, Priest, and King by God Himself.

Many Jewish believers who became the first founders of Christianity were convinced that Jesus of Nazareth was their promised Messiah. The name "Christ" is the Greek equivalent of “Messiah,” so that the name Jesus Christ really means "Jesus the Messiah," or "Jesus the anointed." They preached this truth with such conviction and power that not only many Jews but, later, a still greater host of Gentiles, believed on Jesus, both as the Christ and also as the Lord and Savior of all men.
JOEL

Thane, India

#175750 May 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Why have you dropped off your last name - Pastakia?
Joel is my actual first name.

My surname/family name is quite different from the Pastakia that I'd posted in the past to protect my privacy/identity.

My family name is not Pastakia.

You may ask polite or interested questions on this admission and don't make an issue of this as is your wont.
JOEL

Thane, India

#175751 May 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Please refrain from arguments/slanging matches stretching into several posts where minor issues like the one under contention is concerned.

Thank you.

Location hidden

#175752 May 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles---Israel is not a secular nation.
HughBe--- Tell that to the over 40% of Jews who call themselves SECULAR.
Frijoles---America is a secular nation.
HughBe--- Are you an IDIOT or a JACKASS?
From the inception America has been RELIGIOUS.
"IN God we TRUST" is SECULAR to a half-wit like you but NOT to Intelligence.
Get your first lesson in American History, Israeli.
"Many of the British North American colonies that eventually formed the United States of America were settled in the seventeenth century by men and women, who, in the face of European persecution, refused to compromise passionately held RELIGIOUS convictions and fled Europe. The New England colonies, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland were CONCEIVED and ESTABLISHED "AS PLANTATIONS OF RELIGION." Some settlers who arrived in these areas came for secular motives--"to catch fish" as one New Englander put it--but the great MAJORITY left Europe TO WORSHIP God in the way they believed to be correct. They enthusiastically supported the efforts of their leaders to create "A CITY ON A HILL" or a "holy experiment," whose success would prove that God's plan for his CHURCHES could be successfully realized in the American wilderness. Even colonies like Virginia, which were planned as commercial ventures, were led by entrepreneurs who considered themselves "militant PROTESTANTS" and who worked diligently to PROMOTE the prosperity of the CHURCH."
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel01.ht...
Explain the following words, Judahite. "The New England colonies, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland were CONCEIVED and ESTABLISHED "AS PLANTATIONS OF RELIGION."
Finally, all who are NOT comfortable with the HISTORY and the US CONSTITUTION and in particular RELIGIOUS FREEDOM should LEAVE.
YES, pack their bags and GO.
Apparently you need to study both the US Constitution and Basic Law of Israel. I can not help you any further on that matter.

"In its Basic Laws Israel defines itself as a Jewish and Democratic State; it is the world's only Jewish-majority state.[7].." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

No need to reply. You are a waste of bandwith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida beachgoers discover 'holy grail of ship... Apr 3 Vicki 1
News Mystery rock is 330,000 years old and proves an... Feb '18 Chris 1
News Stone tools prove humans at work 15,000 years ago (Mar '11) Feb '18 BINGO FART 3
News Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada? Feb '18 Vasily Ivanov 1
News Ruins of historic mission ranch among few remai... (Dec '09) Feb '18 NEWS FART 2
News Shawn Vestal: When cows were the cornerstone of... Jan '18 jarrfan 1
Scota origin? - mother of Scotland Jan '18 cecelia hall 1