Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256309 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175504 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look you should be taking them. What can I say? You are a nonsensical freak with a 400 IQ. You can't be very smart if you expect people to even think you have a 200 IQ like you seemed to say. If you would like to start to say some intelligent things, I will gladly reconsider my assessment. Fair enough? I should call the authorities in your mental ward and say "he's posting again". LOL!!!
rabbee: will you please show me, in TheTorah where medicine is anyones savior?

you can't even accept, how and when i got my high iq. that just happened to be, something G-D said to me. and is just more proof, you do not believe in G-D. sadly medical technology, won't save anyone. you can put all your faith, in medical technology. but as for me, it's all with G-D.

make up all the false wittness, stories about me you want. but i believe in G-D, not to bear false wittness. and if you cannot forgive me, for believing in G-D Only. then i shall never forgive you, for not believing in G-D Only.
wacosaki

Saint Paul, MN

#175505 May 8, 2013
allah means moon god, that is why there is a cresent moon in their flag....
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175506 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to non Jews in the after life? Please quote the verses.
Non Jews are also judged by the Testimony, the 10 commandments which is a basic moral directive. We are all equal in the kingdom of heaven as Jesus calls it. Heaven is a foreshadowing of the NWO. Angels are all the same religion and speak the same language and contrary to what Christians believe, there will never be war in heaven and you cannot be thrown out. If you were to be thrown out, it would be foreseen and you would've never gained entrance.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175507 May 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Like you said, all are going to be judged by what they believe.
Do you deliberately commit sins?
Those that never heard of Jesus will be judged accordingly by Jesus.
How Jesus judges them is up to Him.
Apparently you create your own god and beliefs, and are ignorant of the love of God.
If Jesus is the judge, what role does God the father play in the scheme of things? God said, "My glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images" Jesus is not, nor is he any part of God.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#175508 May 8, 2013
Yea it did fulfill something. We're here... aren't we?

But Susan, if you are not Muslim, then I have no interest in discussing this with you.

After all, I have no idea why you are talking about a little drummer boy. I believe that is a legend but no where was I, or anyone I know, taught that a drummer boy was part of the Bible.

As far as the Sign's of the messiah's spiritual rebirth...

if the majority of the world has turned away from polytheism... that would be one sign...

wouldn't it? That didn't come about from an exponential increase in Jewish membership. It came from Christian membership... sigh AND Islam (which is a christian sub-group anyway)
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't even matter if Jesus was crucified because it fulfilled nothing. None of the signs of the Messiahs' spiritual rebirth were fulfilled either. Where in the NT is the fulfillment of the drummer boy? It's not in there because it never happened, but I guess everything was nailed to the cross, right? And he didn't even fulfill that. What shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and loses his soul? Jesus will be put away forever, what a waste.

Location hidden

#175509 May 8, 2013
Thats because the spirit and the one whom they are pierced refer to God in the person of Jesus.

You ask why, on an OLD TESTAMENT passage, and see the answer in the NEW testament

yet you ignore it. jews to this day grieve for the Messiah's return.

And that Isiah passage, that was not a compliment, but admonishment...

Those were not showing respect, but instead were disrespectful. They were showing a lack of respect for God, but has put so much hope into their idolatry...

this has nothing to do with what you are trying to describe.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're obviously implying future generations are responsible for their ancestors wrongdoing and that is a dangerous belief. It doesn't matter if they were Jews or Romans, their descendants are not culpable. And why would they grieve for somebody after their return? Isaiah 57:10 "You are wearied in the greatness of your way; yet you said not, there is no hope; you have found the life of your hand, therefore you were not grieved" The grieving process should have taken place 2000 years ago.

Location hidden

#175510 May 8, 2013
Actually it's worse than that.

The thing wasn't even used in early Islam. It came about after Osman, the founder of Ottoman Empire used it from the Christian byzantine empire

Today's Islam uses a symbol that actually is not based on anything in God's word and is in fact based on a symbol used in a Christian empire, which probably fell because they did not use the right symbol.
wacosaki wrote:
allah means moon god, that is why there is a cresent moon in their flag....
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175511 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
Yea it did fulfill something. We're here... aren't we?
But Susan, if you are not Muslim, then I have no interest in discussing this with you.
After all, I have no idea why you are talking about a little drummer boy. I believe that is a legend but no where was I, or anyone I know, taught that a drummer boy was part of the Bible.
As far as the Sign's of the messiah's spiritual rebirth...
if the majority of the world has turned away from polytheism... that would be one sign...
wouldn't it? That didn't come about from an exponential increase in Jewish membership. It came from Christian membership... sigh AND Islam (which is a christian sub-group anyway)
<quoted text>
I am not a muslim, jew or Christian osirica, I practice the truth. There is a legend of a "drummer boy" which was supposed to be one of the signs of the Messiahs spiritual rebirth. You've heard of the 3 wise men and the star in the east. I am not a muslim because I am absolutely opposed to the alleged divinity of Jesus. I believe he was Satans' counterfeit messiah and Christians are bent on spreading that lie to everyone in the world. When the real Messiah comes, the whole world is going to know it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175512 May 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, now the Jewess God is a woman, Freak.
In answer to your previous question Seeker, Isaiah 56:7 "...for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all people" And yes, the God I worship is a woman. Your mother created you and God created all of us. There is a lot of scripture in the OT to support this idea.

Location hidden

#175513 May 8, 2013
That was a thousand years later.

WHO

CARES

You may as well go to 6 billion houses and complain about every legend and myth that came out of a mother's lullaby

You're wasting your time... and mine

WHen the real Messiah comes....

Listen, it's been over 4000 years, I think the Messiah would not be serving his purpose to wait this long.

Think about it. What he's going to punish those living? What of those far more who have already died?

If he can punish them in the afterlife... why waste time coming here?
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a muslim, jew or Christian osirica, I practice the truth. There is a legend of a "drummer boy" which was supposed to be one of the signs of the Messiahs spiritual rebirth. You've heard of the 3 wise men and the star in the east. I am not a muslim because I am absolutely opposed to the alleged divinity of Jesus. I believe he was Satans' counterfeit messiah and Christians are bent on spreading that lie to everyone in the world. When the real Messiah comes, the whole world is going to know it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175514 May 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember that.
Now, let's talk about US Military Chaplains. US Military Chaplains come from almost every religion. The problem is that they don't have enough military chaplains to put one of each religion at every post and outpost. Therefore, there is often just one chaplain to serve the needs of all armed forces at the location. So, when the chaplain holds a service prior to an operation, the service has to be ecumenical.
For example, the location might have just one chaplain and that chaplain may be Muslim. Would you believe it proper for that chaplain to conduct a service in Arabic, speaking of Allah, and quoting the Quran verses that Shamma often bandies about?
The same goes for a Christian chaplain who is the only chaplain at the location. It is not proper for the Christian chaplain to conduct services from the Gospels.
This is based upon the law of the US. Each country has it's own law.
pg 8249

HughBe---Israel like any other country has a RIGHT to defend itself.

Eric---Just remember that.

HughBe--- Your comment gives me the impression that somehow you feel that you authored my words.
Now, NEVER forget that I have ALWAYS maintained my stated position above and surely YOU know this to be TRUE.

Eric--- US Military Chaplains come from almost every religion.

HughBe--- Is that bad? What is the situation in Israel's army? Put it this way, are military chaplains in Israel "from almost every religion"?

Is it the case that in Israel the chaplains are rabbis ONLY?

Can a Christian be a MILITARY chaplain in Israel?

Eric-- The problem is that they don't have enough military chaplains to put one of each religion at every post and outpost.....For example, the location might have just one chaplain and that chaplain may be Muslim.

HughBe--- So?

Eric--- Would you believe it proper for that chaplain to conduct a service in Arabic, speaking of Allah, and quoting the Quran verses that Shamma often bandies about?

HughBe--- I believe that if one is a Christian and is uncomfortable with the situation then he should be free to leave the service. Problem solved.

Let me add, if an ATHEIST or an AGNOSTIC wants to leave the service then there should be nothing to prevent him from leaving.

Eric---The same goes for a Christian chaplain who is the only chaplain at the location. It is not proper for the Christian chaplain to conduct services from the Gospels.

HughBE--- YES, those who don't want to be a part of it LEAVE.

Eric---This is based upon the law of the US. Each country has it's own law.

HughBE--- Cite the US law that you speak of. How long has the US law been broken by arms of the US government? Is lawbreaking allowed in the US?

Laws can be changed, Eric.

Muslims and others should be free to worship together and not with others including Christians if they don't want to do so.

I believe that "in EVERY unit or military base there" should be chaplains of every religion where practicable.

How many members of Judaism are in the US armed forces?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#175515 May 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I am already crucified with Jesus, and are resurrected with Him.
“I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me ...”(Galatians 2:20 NET).
“When Christ bids us come and follow, He bids us come and die,” said Bonhoeffer.
The victory in the Christian’s life comes as we die to selfishness and follow Him.
The apostle Paul wrote,“To me, to live is Christ and to die is gain”(Phil. 1:20). Again he wrote,“The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me”(Gal. 2:20).
Yes, please. Your Christ is beckoning, so go and live with him. Please don't waste any more time on earth.

All in vain. That is what the self-loathing sinner Paul came up with.
bmz

Location hidden

#175516 May 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If Jesus is the judge, what role does God the father play in the scheme of things? God said, "My glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images" Jesus is not, nor is he any part of God.
Good question. And God also said something like this, "Besides ME, there is no other God and no other Savior."

The Christian God has been retired by Jesus. He plays second fiddle.
bmz

Location hidden

#175517 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
Jesus is God, therefore it makes sense.
And it's horse shit when the Quran says Christians believe this because God played a trick on people to make it "look like" Jesus was crucified.
Remember, the Quran says God made it appear that Jesus was nailed to the cross.
THAT DOES NOT HELP God broadcast the truth... and even in your point of view, I'm right, because you can only blame God's deception for Christianity!
Not Constantine
Not Trinity
No... God himself, according to your book... is a liar and deceiver of billions.
<quoted text>
That Jesus is God, is really Horse shit.

I have already explained that the alleged crucifixion of Jesus was a well-managed stage show conducted by Pilate. In Qur'aan's Arabic, it does not mean "made it appear".

It simply means that people thought he was being crucified when in fact he was not.

Qur'aan's point is that he was neither killed nor crucified. It means he was safe and went into hiding.

Let us put it this way:

If Jesus had been dead and ahd been resurrected, he would have come out in the open. That he did not. What was he scared of? A second crucifixion?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175518 May 8, 2013
later
bmz

Location hidden

#175519 May 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
----------
Luke 10:22 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
----------
John 3:35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.

According to the Holy Bible, God placed Muslims and Jews under the command of Jesus, and are subject to believe in Jesus as the Son of God their Savior or suffer the pains if hell.
God knows best.
John 3:35 is bull shit.

The other two verses show Jesus as a spoilt brat, who wants more attention and appears to be greedy and ready for a coup.

Shamma, Jesus was neither a leader nor a commander. Stop thinking that God is a man.

There is no Savior besides God and there is no other God besides God. It is time that you start reading your OT.
bmz

Location hidden

#175521 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
Wait... Did I hear that right?
Did you ACTUALLY say "why comment on issues that I know nothing about"
Well allow me to REPLY
Considering you swear that the Quran is a correction to MY faith Christianity,
and considering that the Quran, according to you is a revelation to GOD to direct people
WHY WOULDNT I COMMENT ON IT????
So again,
013 44/11:“These are settled portions (of inheritance*) ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise”. A claim that is thoroughly contradicted by the fact that the portions does not always add up. There f. ex. are cases where the inheritors according to the mentioned rules in the Quran, all together are to inherit 112,5% and even 125% of the total inheritance - and other cases where the sum is less than 100%
EXPLAIN IT
<quoted text>
The problem is that folks, who come up with excess, do not know how to do fractions.

There will always be a sum left, which has to go to other poor relatives, the poor and the needy, such as orphans.
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#175522 May 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Eric--- US Military Chaplains come from almost every religion.
HughBe--- Is that bad? What is the situation in Israel's army? Put it this way, are military chaplains in Israel "from almost every religion"?
Is it the case that in Israel the chaplains are rabbis ONLY?
Can a Christian be a MILITARY chaplain in Israel?
Eric-- The problem is that they don't have enough military chaplains to put one of each religion at every post and outpost.....For example, the location might have just one chaplain and that chaplain may be Muslim.
HughBe--- So?
Eric--- Would you believe it proper for that chaplain to conduct a service in Arabic, speaking of Allah, and quoting the Quran verses that Shamma often bandies about?
HughBe--- I believe that if one is a Christian and is uncomfortable with the situation then he should be free to leave the service. Problem solved.
Let me add, if an ATHEIST or an AGNOSTIC wants to leave the service then there should be nothing to prevent him from leaving.
Eric---The same goes for a Christian chaplain who is the only chaplain at the location. It is not proper for the Christian chaplain to conduct services from the Gospels.
HughBE--- YES, those who don't want to be a part of it LEAVE.
Eric---This is based upon the law of the US. Each country has it's own law.
HughBE--- Cite the US law that you speak of. How long has the US law been broken by arms of the US government? Is lawbreaking allowed in the US?
Laws can be changed, Eric.
Muslims and others should be free to worship together and not with others including Christians if they don't want to do so.
I believe that "in EVERY unit or military base there" should be chaplains of every religion where practicable.
How many members of Judaism are in the US armed forces?
And you don't understand the community of prayer. There is but time for one service with the chaplain prior to a mission. The chaplain serves as spiritual adviser to the entire military organization especially where there is but one chaplain. Things are different where there are scheduled services where the chaplain can offer various types of services. Where it is a before mission service, it is the chaplain's duty to reach out to all the personnel involved and meet all of their needs. The example used more often is when the pilots and crew go off on a mission. There is but time for one prayer between the briefing and the crews leaving and the chaplain has to meet the needs of everyone.

Sure it would be nice if there were chaplains of all religions at every location. But, there aren't enough chaplains to do that. Remember that the military in the US is a voluntary military except for doctors. So it is the duty of the chaplains who volunteer to hold ecumenical services when necessary.

You criticize a person who wants to see that the current US law is upheld. That is his right when one lives in the US. Until the law changes, that's the way it should be. Your hypotheticals don't change anything.

There was a radio commentator in Chicago who had a son in the air force during the 1st Iraq war. He was upset about the chaplains not being able to offer a Christian prayer before the planes leaving. That is until someone asked what happens when the only chaplain is Muslim. Then he understood.

The law is the establishment clause. It has been part of the fundamental law of the US since the end of the 18th Century.
uhuh

Ceuti, Spain

#175523 May 8, 2013
osirica wrote:
what Jesus, the alleged messiah, has accomplished,

"He and his followers caused the Jews to be slain by the sword, their remnants to be scattered and humiliated, the Law to be altered, and the majority of the world to err and serve a god other than the LORD" - Maimonides
uhuh

Ceuti, Spain

#175524 May 8, 2013
yea the "messiah" has caused the majority of the world to turn to polytheism, that accursed trinity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun 24 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web