Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,561

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175202 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone is sinless, and can only do the will of God, he becomes a physical manifestation of God himself. Only Jesus could do that. That's my belief..
That is an unproven hope and you are making some wild claims.

Now back to reality...can you try dealing with this?

****Without giving me third party claims or comments from passers by, please can you give DIRECT answers?

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels?:
1. "I am God in flesh"..........Yes/No?
2. "I am God!"..........Yes/No?
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God".....Yes/No?
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No?
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o?
6. "I am THE Father"..........Yes/No?
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No?
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity".....Yes/No?
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of gentiles"..........Yes/No ?
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No?
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No?
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"......Yes/No?
Bonus point...
13. "Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"...Yes/No?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175203 May 7, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Like these chaps who killed millions of Jews?
The role of the Catholic Church during the Holocaust has been a hotly debated topic for decades. It is known as well as noted that the Catholic Church’s administration never took a distinct stance, as a whole, in regards to their support or condemnation of Hitler, the Nazis, and Germany in general. As millions of Jews were being murdered for their beliefs, much of the religious world around them took subtle and diplomatic actions rather than making a strong and evident stance in their defense. The Catholic Church was, and still to this day is, questioned on why there was no quick and direct response. Moreover, the leaders of the Catholic church have underwent much scrutiny given that if they would have taken a stance, then the Catholics around the world would have followed their lead and maybe would have been a force against Hitler.
http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/c...
ALL BECAUSE BJ TOLD THE FOOLS TO SELL THEIR CLOAKS (AND UNDERPANTS) TO BUY SWORDS SO THEY COULD TERRORISE THE UNARMED JEWISH PRIESTS AND THEIR SERVANTS.
THE GAME WAS UP WHEN TRAINED ROMAN SOLDIERS WERE BROUGHT IN.
THEN THE OLD COWARD BJ SAYS TO HIS CLOWNS...DROP YOUR SWORDS..THOSE WHO LIVE BY IT DIE BY IT!
WHAT A PATHETIC COWARD! HE WAS A SPINELESS TROUBLEMAKER.
AS A RESULT THE 11 CLOWNS FLEE.....MOST WITHOUT THEIR UNDERPANTS!
BJ THE COWARD STIRRED PEOPLE UP AND RAN...HE EGGED OTHERS ON TO GET SWORDS BUT HE DIDNT HAVE THE GUTS TO STAND UP AND FIGHT.
Mohammed does not qualify because he is not of the house of Israel or the seed of David. The Apostles never once hinted that there would come another prophet who would replace Jesus as the head of the New Covenant Israel of God. The New Testament emphasis on the blood of the everlasting covenant in reference to Calvary immediately exposes Islam as a fraud. Muslims claim Jesus did not die on the cross, a clear contradiction to the words of Jesus himself and his Apostles. Jesus prophesied he would die and be raised the third day (Mat. 16:21). Mohammed lied about Jesus when he said Jesus did not die! If Jesus did not die and if he was not raised from the dead on the third day, then Jesus was a false prophet. Yet according to Islamics, Jesus was a true prophet! Prophets do not miss in their predictions. Therefore, if Mohammed said Jesus did not die and was not raised from the dead, he is a false prophet! If as Muslims claim, Jesus was a true prophet, how come Mohammed and Muslims do not follow his teachings? The Quran begins with falsehood, contains falsehood, and ends with falsehood, claiming that when Jesus returns from heaven He will die and be buried next to Mohammed in Medina.

In the index of the Koran, published by Penguin Classic Publications, there are 28 references to almsgiving and charity; 34 references to law-keeping diet regulations; 42 references to heaven and 30 for paradise. There are 99 references to judgment day, 22 references to hell including graphic descriptions of the punishments awaiting infidels; 18 references to killing and when it is justified, 8 references to martydom for Islam; 28 references to the devil, and 37 references to war. There were "NO" entries in the index for peace, love, joy, mercy, grace, or hope! Obviously there is a big difference between Jesus and Mohammed!

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175204 May 7, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Like these chaps who killed millions of Jews?

ALL BECAUSE BJ TOLD THE FOOLS TO SELL THEIR CLOAKS (AND UNDERPANTS) TO BUY SWORDS SO THEY COULD TERRORISE THE UNARMED JEWISH PRIESTS AND THEIR SERVANTS.
Yes those big bad 12 apostles that he was talking to were ready to go out and start killing everybody. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175205 May 7, 2013
See folks? See what they do? Look at the desperation.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175206 May 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
If as Muslims claim, Jesus was a true prophet, how come Mohammed and Muslims do not follow his teachings?
Because Muhammad wiped them out on purpose. He gives Jesus a few compliments and then wipes out and replaces all of his teachings and turns around and contradicts many of them.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#175207 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What was you final answer? Can you give me the post number because I didn't see it. All I saw you do was to claim there's no problem in the Arabic, and then you gave your translation where you added as if to it. And then quoted Bible verses to change the subject. I mentioned I see a problem in the one Bible verse you quoted as well, and then mentioned that your translation of 69:16 did nothing to solve the problem. Adding as if to make it seem like it wasn't literally saying the sky will be weak did nothing at all to solve the problem of how the sky can be torn open or torn to pieces. So these are more diversionary tactics from you.
I don't keep track of posts. Scroll back and find the posts.

I explained first and since Christian polemicists cannot understand simple English, as an added info,
I showed you a verse from the Bible "sky hard as a mirror of cast bronze" and you defended it by calling it figurative but you can't understand the figurative language of Qur'aan.

And then I had added somewhere, "What is good for the Christian goose, is also good for the Muslim gander."

It is all there in the posts.

Now tell me how stars can fall on earth according to Revelation?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175208 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
The founding fathers of Christianity sold their souls to the Devil aka Satan and became Satan's Chosen Minions.
You know that the biblical Jesus sat in the company of Satan and both spent forty days together in the wilderness. Right?
After Jesus denied being the son of God, Satan left him and became his enemy. Every time Jesus spoke, Satan interfered and out came Satanic Verses from Jesus' mouth.
Verses such as *******"The Father and I are one and the same person".********(Note: My edit) to show that this is what the incoherent Jesus meant under the inspiration of Satan.
That was just a sample. In short, the biblical Jesus was Satan's best buddy.
Not only was Jesus Satans' best buddy, they are a team and Jesus is Satans' messiah and his purpose is to finish Satans' work. The big lie in the garden of Eden is you can disobey God and you won't die. Jesus has strengthened the wicked in their wickedness by promising them life. There's more to redemption than belief.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175209 May 7, 2013
Has anybody ever noticed how Jesus referenced past teachings of past prophets, but Muhammad never referenced any of Jesus' teachings nor any other teachings of past prophets? He just retells a story about them and does a rather bad job at it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175210 May 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There's more to redemption than belief.
Okay, tell me the other things.

bmz

Singapore

#175211 May 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Mohammed does not qualify because he is not of the house of Israel or the seed of David.

The Apostles never once hinted that there would come another prophet who would replace Jesus as the head of the New Covenant Israel of God.

The New Testament emphasis on the blood of the everlasting covenant in reference to Calvary immediately exposes Islam as a fraud.
Muhammad was not sent to Israel. He does not need to qualify. Jesus was not the seed of David.

Please do not insult Jesus with that vulgarity.

Apostles were dumb and heard of no such thing as the New Covenant. Even Jesus is not on record for talking about the alleged New Covenant. Constantine was the one, who gave the name, "New Testimonies" and others put a spin over it and came with the New Testament and the New Covenant. After that the poor copy of Jewish scriptures in non-scriptural language Greek, was named the Old Testament.

"The blood of the everlasting covenant" is Bull Shit! Once again you can see that there is nothing from Jesus on anything of the junk and stuff spread by the Church.

bmz

Singapore

#175212 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
See folks? Everything that I said they do they are doing right in front of you. Was I wrong? Watch it for yourself. This is how they behave and I even explained why they behave this way.
lol!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175213 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't keep track of posts. Scroll back and find the posts.
I explained first and since Christian polemicists cannot understand simple English, as an added info,
I showed you a verse from the Bible "sky hard as a mirror of cast bronze" and you defended it by calling it figurative but you can't understand the figurative language of Qur'aan.
I didn't say that was figurative, I said that Job was a story with a lesson. It's questionable whether it should have been added to the Bible, but since it had a good lesson in it, maybe that's why they added it.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And then I had added somewhere, "What is good for the Christian goose, is also good for the Muslim gander."
It is all there in the posts.
Now tell me how stars can fall on earth according to Revelation?
I said that is a problematic verse. The only thing that anybody could possibly say about it was that John interpreted his vision best way he knew how. Maybe he saw a massive meteor showers and thought they were actual stars. That would match the part where he says like figs are blown off a tree by a strong wind. That's what a massive meteor shower would look like to him.

So are we going to get to 69:16 or is this more of what I described?

Q) did you steal the apple?
A) what about all of the oranges that others steal?

That's exactly what you are trying to do. If you have a hole poked in your boat, you actually attempt to fix it by trying to poke a hole in another boat. But what does that do for your boat?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175214 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
See folks? Everything that I said they do they are doing right in front of you. Was I wrong? Watch it for yourself. This is how they behave and I even explained why they behave this way.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
And you are doing exactly what I told everyone that Muslims do and confirming how right I am about their behavior. Fake laughter won't make the issue go away.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175216 May 7, 2013
The four D's of Muslim behavior

Diffuse
Dilute
Deflect
Divert

And it seems as thought they ALL do the same thing in almost the same order. It's like they all had the same exact illogical logic teacher.

bmz

Singapore

#175217 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Has anybody ever noticed how Jesus referenced past teachings of past prophets, but Muhammad never referenced any of Jesus' teachings nor any other teachings of past prophets? He just retells a story about them and does a rather bad job at it.
First you must realize that Jesus came with nothing new and brought nothing new. After that you must realize that Jesus did not teach and preach anything new.

All the laws and revelations were in place before his arrival and he did not issue anything new.

Jesus was just a teacher, a Rabbi and of course a messenger of God. He simply tried to make religion easy to bear for people.

Muhammad gave a single straight forward story, and you can compare it with the absurd stories in the gospels, which do not even match.

And he came up with something new, which no one had heard before. He refuted and condemned the Trinity and declared that God has no son, which meant that Jesus was not the son of God.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#175218 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad was not sent to Israel. He does not need to qualify. Jesus was not the seed of David.
Apostles were dumb and heard of no such thing as the New Covenant. Even Jesus is not on record for talking about the alleged New Covenant. Constantine was the one, who gave the name, "New Testimonies" and others put a spin over it and came with the New Testament and the New Covenant. After that the poor copy of Jewish scriptures in non-scriptural language Greek, was named the Old Testament.
"The blood of the everlasting covenant" is Bull Shit! Once again you can see that there is nothing from Jesus on anything of the junk and stuff spread by the Church.
Then Muhammad is not a prophet from God.
You Muslims bull-shit.
Muhammad is a jinn devil moon god worshiper.

bmz

Singapore

#175219 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are doing exactly what I told everyone that Muslims do and confirming how right I am about their behavior. Fake laughter won't make the issue go away.
I really laughed at you. I was serious. I meant it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175220 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Apostles were dumb and heard of no such thing as the New Covenant. Even Jesus is not on record for talking about the alleged New Covenant.
'The day will come,' says the Lord,'when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah.... But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,' says the Lord.'I will put my law in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people'" (Jeremiah 31:31, 33).

Matthew 5:17
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#175221 May 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Muhammad's followers in certain countries promote stonings, beheadings, amputations, whippings, etc. when this would be against the prophet's teaching?
United States: A Muslim man slaughtered two Coptic Christians in New Jersey. Although authorities believe that "the defendant was ruthless and calculating in the manner in which he carried out the killings and attempted to prevent identification of the victims by cutting off their heads and hands before burying their bodies," it is relevant to note that Koran 8:12 records Allah saying, "I will cast terror into the hearts of infidels, so strike [them] upon the necks [behead them] and strike from them every fingertip." Moreover, as one report puts it, "Privately some wonder if it had something to do with the victims'[Christian] religion."
"it is relevant to note that Koran 8:12 records Allah saying, "I will cast terror into the hearts of infidels, so strike [them] upon the necks [behead them] and strike from them every fingertip."
Why did Muhammad accept that ungodly revelation from Gabriel MUQ?
Why do you want to change the subject of our discussion?

Where is your proof that God spoke to Abraham and Moses?

Unless we finish that discussion, I am not going to enter into another win.

However I see your "Pent up desire" to change the subject.

It was a nice try, but I am not taking the bait!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175222 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I really laughed at you. I was serious. I meant it.
Yeah, whatever. If you say so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web