Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175237 May 7, 2013
"Weinstein is the guy who says that ANYONE (including chaplains!) sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military is guilty of TREASON, committing “spiritual rape” and is an ENEMY of the Constitution."

http://sohereandnow.wordpress.com/tag/michael...

Compare that to the situation in Israel.

"In EVERY unit or military base there are Military Rabbinate soldiers assigned responsibility for assuring religious services, and in particular, the Kashrut of the kitchen and the maintenance of the synagogue and its inventory. Actively serving soldiers can request from the Rabbinate representatives to perform marriage ceremonies as well as the brit mila"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175238 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies, but I don't see where this fits into the current discussion.
Apology accepted. As you have said, you cannot see the fit but I can assure you that some can see a fit while for others it may just be NEWS and an eyeopener.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175239 May 7, 2013
I forgot about the fifth and sixth D in Muslim behavior with discussion about Islam.

Diffuse
Dilute
Deflect
Divert
Distract
Deny
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175240 May 7, 2013
I know I'm not going to get any admissions here from Muslims, I just want people to watch how Muslims behave in the same exact way I explained a page or two ago, and I even explained why they do this. I've seem the same exact techniques (if they could even be called that) many times, and they often even do them in the same order. It's like they all had the same illogical logic teacher.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175241 May 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted. As you have said, you cannot see the fit but I can assure you that some can see a fit while for others it may just be NEWS and an eyeopener.
Okay, sorry. My bad.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175242 May 7, 2013
1."According to Israeli left-wing human rights group Yesh Din, during the 2009 Gaza conflict, the military rabbinate distributed a RELIGIOUS booklet that WARNED AGAINST showing MERCY to enemies.[7] The publications compared modern-day Palestinians to the Biblical Philistines and denied the historical existence of a Palestinian national identity.[8] According to Yesh Din, the booklet could have been interpreted by soldiers as a call to act outside the confines of the international laws of warfare.[7]"

2.A Haaretz editorial described the booklets as

"sermons that preach, in the name of ostensibly religious values, the killing of civilians" and which "opposes all the combat values formulated in the IDF throughout the generations".

The booklet includes sermons written by religious Zionist leader Shlomo Aviner.[9] It also accuses the material of fostering an atmosphere in which extremist sermons by Yitzhak Ginsburg praising Baruch Goldstein (described as "chauvinist and racist incitement") can be disseminated

3.Following a series of inquiries, both in the Knesset and within the IDF, it was determined that the DISTRIBUTION of the alleged booklets TOOK PLACE in a few isolated incidents, by non-military personnel, without proper supervision of Military Rabbinate representatives.[10] Following this incident, guidelines were set to ensure the authority of both the Military Rabbinate and the Education and Youth Corps within the IDF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Rabbina...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175243 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, sorry. My bad.
There was no BAD in your question, seeker. It was a good and fair one.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175244 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the contents in Matthew 5-7 and one can see him acting like a Rabbi or a teacher. That was nothing new.
What he taught was new.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In Matthew 5:31, one can see clearly that Jesus agrees on divorcing a wife for sexual immorality but not for domestic quarrels and the nitty gritty.
But the current Jewish society let them get divorced for multiple reasons.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding Matthew 5:38, Jesus did not practice what he preached. When he was slapped, he did not turn the other cheek and instead asked, "Why did you strike me?"
Well what he was really saying was, do not slap them back. I would say that he turned the other cheek on the biggest way anyone could, by allowing them to crucify him without even running away or putting up a fight. The turn the other cheek was just symbolic for telling people not to take revenge right away, like they did at the time. It fits in with an eye for an eye. These are new teachings they never heard before.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding Matthew 5:43, I have always asked, "Where was it said “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’"?
probably from oral traditions tat the Jews used to add to the Torah. They weren't in the Torah specifically that I am aware of, but there were additional things decided by Rabbis. I've even heard Muslims quote an eye for an eye and how that is right.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, it is something absurd and I don't think Jesus said that.
He didn't. Please put away the dyslexic glasses. He didn't say I have said, he said you have heard.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, if he had really said that, then start loving Muslims, whom you consider your enemy.
Right, Muslims love an eye for an eye.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding John 8, I do not wish to write on that preposterous story, which cannot be found in any ancient manuscripts.
Well all of the Bible scriptures are corrupted according to you anyway, right? So why comment on some but not the others?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175245 May 7, 2013
Hey Shamma, thanks for the temporary no post. Looks like they aren't going to comment specifically about the things that I said, so carry on. It's all going to get buried anyway at this point. They just wait long enough until the issues go away and they pretend they were never brought up, and they will respond to all of your posts. Thank you very much for the temporary no post. I mean that sincerely, no sarcasm at all. I just wanted to see what would happen if they didn't have other posts that allow them to ignore the specific things I was asking them about. They love to ignore something if it can be buried with multiple other posts and issues. It's a common technique that always happens and it's been happening here. After so many posts, they can claim that they don't remember what I said or asked them, and then they make me repeat it, only to semi ignore it again. It's all part of the game. I didn't come up with the 7th D word for their behavior where they just try to wear someone out in hopes they will just give up and go away. If you can think of a D word for that, that would be great.

I gotta go for a while, so get your BB gun back out and take aim.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#175246 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma, with all due respect, could you temporarily step out of the way? Not for a long time, just temporarily. I would like you to see what happens when someone properly questions these people. They will use you as a distraction to dilute the issues. They will hide behind you posts by answering them and ignoring mine because they can answer your posts but cannot answer mine. I know how the game works, and you are a great asset to them at this particular moment. They love any distraction they can get.
Please specify the time-period required. Shamma cannot resist and control and he could be back within ten hours.

You are right. Shamma to you is like Peter, Thomas and Philip to Jesus. I second that request.

Who are they? As for myself, I have been answering your posts.

Have a nice time with Shamma. It is good night from Singapore.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175247 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please specify the time-period required. Shamma cannot resist and control and he could be back within ten hours.
I don't even know if she ever even read it or was just busy doing something else. It's no big deal and I'm not telling anybody what to do, i merely ask. But I do notice that the first thing you do is to grab that issue as a diversion rather than addressing the very specific things that I said. So once again, you prove everything that I say. I state what the game that Muslims play is, and you turn around and do exactly what I explained.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Shamma to you is like Peter, Thomas and Philip to Jesus. I second that request.
Who are they? As for myself, I have been answering your posts.
Have a nice time with Shamma. It is good night from Singapore.
You haven't at all. Every time I bring up 69:16, you pretend that you don't remember what I said the first time because so many other posts have been made by others that you get to hide behind. them. Then when reminded, you do nothing to answer about where we are at in the discussion about 69:16 and you bring the same bible verses up that you did before and that I answered about and answered very honestly about. I didn't hide the problem with that verse, I said it was a problem and merely gave the only possible explanation for it. I didn't even say that anyone had to agree with the explanation, I only said that the book of Job was a very poetic, and parable like story that was probably only incorporated into the Bible for it's value as a lesson. And I said that John who clearly wrote Revelation, might have been interpreting the visions he had the only way he knew how. But I'll admit, that's just a possible explanation. I answer everything put to me the best way that I know how from my understanding. If you think it is wrong, then tell me why rather than ignore it. I don't play any games. There is no need to.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#175248 May 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
1."According to Israeli left-wing human rights group Yesh Din, during the 2009 Gaza conflict, the military rabbinate distributed a RELIGIOUS booklet that WARNED AGAINST showing MERCY to enemies.[7] The publications compared modern-day Palestinians to the Biblical Philistines and denied the historical existence of a Palestinian national identity.[8] According to Yesh Din, the booklet could have been interpreted by soldiers as a call to act outside the confines of the international laws of warfare.[7]"
2.A Haaretz editorial described the booklets as
"sermons that preach, in the name of ostensibly religious values, the killing of civilians" and which "opposes all the combat values formulated in the IDF throughout the generations".
The booklet includes sermons written by religious Zionist leader Shlomo Aviner.[9] It also accuses the material of fostering an atmosphere in which extremist sermons by Yitzhak Ginsburg praising Baruch Goldstein (described as "chauvinist and racist incitement") can be disseminated
3.Following a series of inquiries, both in the Knesset and within the IDF, it was determined that the DISTRIBUTION of the alleged booklets TOOK PLACE in a few isolated incidents, by non-military personnel, without proper supervision of Military Rabbinate representatives.[10] Following this incident, guidelines were set to ensure the authority of both the Military Rabbinate and the Education and Youth Corps within the IDF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Rabbina...
Well the truth is that Israel does sometimes go overboard, but you never see Israelis celebrating in the streets when they give a blow in a reprisal to the Palestinians, but whenever any deaths happen in Israel, you watch Palestinians celebrate over the loss of life. They even celebrated in the streets over 911 while Iranians lit vigil candles in respected and sorrow for the lost lives. So the Israelis have to deal with the worst of people.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#175249 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the truth is that Israel does sometimes go overboard, but you never see Israelis celebrating in the streets when they give a blow in a reprisal to the Palestinians, but whenever any deaths happen in Israel, you watch Palestinians celebrate over the loss of life. They even celebrated in the streets over 911 while Iranians lit vigil candles in respected and sorrow for the lost lives. So the Israelis have to deal with the worst of people.
Seeker---Well the truth is that Israel does sometimes go overboard, but you never see Israelis celebrating in the streets when they give a blow in a reprisal to the Palestinians

HughBe---Just asking, is a private celebration more acceptable or better?

Am I to understand that Israel only strikes in the spirit of reprisal?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175250 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
John 8
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus,“Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them,“Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her,“Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”
11 “No one, sir,” she said.
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared.“Go now and leave your life of sin.”
This is an insertion and interpolation a corruption.
We know who the woman was according to old john.
BJ could not cast the first stone because she was his girl friend.
BJ looked away hoping they wont spot the problem.
Also BJ had NO authority to make such pronouncements as he was a fugitive in hiding.
Such sentences were in the hands of senior priests.
BJ was not recognised by the system
They were only teasing him..
The way they chased him off when the fool stole a donkey to ride...they certainly did not say hosanna..."oh nutter" was more likely.
The "daughters of jerusalem" jeered him (they did not cry!) on his way to the cross and he cursed them.
All in all BJ was a joker withou any power.
He could not even run a corner shop.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175251 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I know I'm not going to get any admissions here from Muslims, I just want people to watch how Muslims behave in the same exact way I explained a page or two ago, and I even explained why they do this. I've seem the same exact techniques (if they could even be called that) many times, and they often even do them in the same order. It's like they all had the same illogical logic teacher.
Instead of talking bullcrap...why dont you try and answer the most important questions here giving you the chance to prove that BJ is god!!
You can't even do that, eh? LOL..

****Without giving me third party claims or comments from passers by, please can you give DIRECT answers?

Did JESUS HIMSELF say any of the following in the Gospels?:

1. "I am God in flesh"..........Yes/No?
2. "I am God!"..........Yes/No?
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God".....Yes/No?
4. "I am God in person"..........Yes/No?
5. "I am God Incarnate"..........Yes/N o?
6. "I am THE Father"..........Yes/No?
7. "I am made of sin"..........Yes/No?
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity".....Yes/No?
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of gentiles"..........Yes/No ?
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"..........Yes/No?
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"...Yes/No?
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"......Yes/No?

Bonus point...
13. "Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"...Yes/No?

THANK YOU.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175252 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, tell me the other things.
God established a covenant of life thru Moses for the children of Israel and the whole world. This was called the Testimony and is the 10 commandments. It was written in stone because it is immovable and unchangeable. It is valid for all generations forever. Those who keep it have hope in their death and should not fear death.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#175253 May 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes those big bad 12 apostles that he was talking to were ready to go out and start killing everybody. LOL!!!
ok jinny boy.
Name the 12 apostles who were appointed by BJ to go out to the world in the name of daddy sonny and ghosty?
Remember...Judas baby seems to have died in two different ways after "betraying" BJ...
Are you sneaking "honest" paul in with his gang?
Also Mark 16:9-20 is a load of rubbish.
How can BJ rebuke these fools one minute and in the next minute give them international passports to spread their ignorance!!
All a load of lies.
BJ was a failure.
Paul the liar is the real man behind this mangod eating cult.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175254 May 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I really laughed at you. I was serious. I meant it.
The God of Israel defines idolatry also as the worship of any heathen deity. This would include Allah. He has made himself God just like Jesus, and God is the one that is laughing. "The Lord shall laugh at them for he sees that his day is coming" "The idols he shall utterly abolish.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#175255 May 7, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can say to have been this or that or to have been eyewitness of what god did. But none has brought any proof. You said it was written in the Torah, but when you brought the piece the verse didn't prove what you said, as I showed you in the other post.
Have you an IQ of over 200? Was it measured to you when you were child?
rabbee: yes i had several, iq tests as a child with a neurosurgen, and teen years. and not to mention all the aptitude tests, in the schools and military. and i normally had to take them over, because of unusual high scores. even had two years of college credit, at a young age taking a cged test. only because they did not want to give me, more than two years credit.

and as far as these, visits with G-D. i am not! lying about them. i hate lying, with a passion against it. it is the reason we, have so many witchraft and sorcery problems in the world. and there is no way, you can fix one lie with more lies. you just end up, telling more lies trying to fix those.

and i am telling you, that these visits with G-D. are all according to prophetic scripture. G-D'S promise to return and and his mate, to TheTree of Life(TheTorah) is presently being fullfilled. i believe G-D that, that person put to death 2000 years ago, was the both of us. making this the exact same, story as the last two times G-D gave it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#175256 May 7, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
lol he contradicted them all,
"I and the Father are one! Before Abraham was born, I am!"
if Abraham and Moses heard Jesus saying that, they would bitch-slap him till he cried out to his Father
They woulda/shoulda tried and executed him for making himself equal to God. It's considered a sin against Gods' person, blasphemy. Especially because he's killed so many people by leading them astray.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan 15 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan 3 John 1
King Tut's Dagger was Made From a Meteorite Jan 3 John 1
Grid Gardens Dec '17 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov '17 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
More from around the web