Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 247780 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#174702 May 3, 2013
Your entire reply here is founded on

"ONE" scholarly position.

Ha ha ha... weaker and weaker.

Hey there are people that believe the earth is flat. There is one scholarly position...

Good one Joe... Good one.

K and yea, look, god controls the weather. So yea, the storms. That doesn't make him "a storm god" anymore than me driving a car makes me a "car human".
JOEL wrote:
Before El's revelation with the name of YHVH, it is said in Genesis 14:1820 that Abraham accepted the blessing of El, when Melchizedek, the king of Salem and high priest of its deity El Elyon blessed him. One scholarly position is that the identification of Yahweh with Ēl is late, that YHVH was earlier thought of as only one of many gods, and not normally identified with Ēl. In some places, especially in Psalm 29, YHVH is clearly envisioned as a storm god, something not true of Ēl so far as we know (though true of his son, Ba'al).
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174703 May 3, 2013
The name yahweh originally formed part of a title of the Canaanite supreme deity El, el du yahwi saba ot.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174704 May 3, 2013
ROFL LOL LMFAO.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174705 May 3, 2013
A God that kills, abuses, curses, threatens, orders genocides, issues commands to stone disobedient sons and to bash babies against rocks, to sacrifice humans/animals, to indulge in incest and the like is an asura - a demon. El, Allah and Yhvh are demons. Filth.

Location hidden

#174706 May 3, 2013
And according to the Oxford Guide to the Bible:

Page 548 - "The Bible often refers to God by his proper name, which was probably pronounced Yahweh."

Pg 549 "The usual hebrew word for God is Elohim another plural of majesty with a singular meaning when used of Yahweh."

Please, Joel, let us continue this dance. Post a reply... please.
JOEL wrote:
According to The Oxford Companion to World Mythology:
It seems almost certain that the God of the Jews evolved gradually from the Canaanite El, who was in all likelihood the 'God of Abraham'... If El was the high god of Abraham - Elohim, the prototype of YHVH - Asherah was his wife, and there are archeological indications that she was perceived as such before she was in effect 'divorced' in the context of emerging Judaism of the 7th century BCE.(See 2 Kings 23:15).

Location hidden

#174707 May 3, 2013
Page 739 -

The name Yahweh looks like the third-person singular of the verb hawa a rare alternative to the ususal haya "to be". The "a" vowel suggests the causative theme of the verb ("he causes" or "will cause to be") but that theme is not used with this verb in the Bible.

More Joel... I want more. Post a reply.

you went all Oxford on me and I figured... I'd bring it.

Location hidden

#174708 May 3, 2013
let us consider your point for a moment...

If Yahweh is a demon, as you say, then what god wouldn't be? Since these things have all happened, and no god has stopped it.

Therefore all gods and all heavenly beings with power are demons...

Not to mention the afterlife of all those that die.

Feel free to go full Athiest up in here...
JOEL wrote:
A God that kills, abuses, curses, threatens, orders genocides, issues commands to stone disobedient sons and to bash babies against rocks, to sacrifice humans/animals, to indulge in incest and the like is an asura - a demon. El, Allah and Yhvh are demons. Filth.

Location hidden

#174709 May 3, 2013
I out oxforded you!

You were like "well Oxford this"

then I was like "well ok Oxford THAT"

and you were like "daaaayaammm"

and I was like "yea you got served!"
JOEL wrote:
ROFL LOL LMFAO.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174710 May 3, 2013
The theological position of the Tanakh is that the names El and Elohim, when used in the singular to mean the supreme and active 'God', refer to the same being as does the name, Yahweh. All three refer to the one supreme god who is the god of Israel, beside whom other gods are supposed to be either non-existent or insignificant. Whether this was a longstanding belief or a relatively new one has long been the subject of inconclusive scholarly debate about the prehistory of the sources of the Tanakh and about the prehistory of Israelite religion.

Location hidden

#174711 May 3, 2013
nope.

No reference even begins to be addressible about this.

This is another "I made it up" post.

Go read more oxford books.
JOEL wrote:
The name Yahweh originally formed part of a title of the Canaanite supreme deity El, el du yahwi ṣabaot...

Location hidden

#174712 May 3, 2013
Come on Joel...

Yahweh gave us free will, and our atrocities and his wrath are not something we can understand.

Pretending he didn't create us and substituting Him for "other Gods" who do far worse for obviously stupid reasons...

I mean Hindu skin color racism in the Vig Reda...

The Rig Veda thanks god for "scattering the slave bands of black descent", and for stamping out "the vile Dasyan colour." - Rg.V. II.20.7, II 12.4

Um no...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174713 May 3, 2013
'Most Jews do not like to admit it, but our god is Lucifer -- so I wasn't lying -- and we are his chosen people. Lucifer is very much alive.'

Harold Rosenthal
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174715 May 3, 2013
In most Jewish synagogues, a bright burning flame represents their god. The Hebrew word for Lucifer is "Hillel" (Strong's Concordance #H1966) meaning "bright light." Curiously, this is the name chosen for the Jewish student organization.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174716 May 3, 2013
The Jewish six-pointed star is the highest symbol in the occult and goes by various names - the Star of Moloch/Saturn/Chiun/Remphan.

Location hidden

#174717 May 3, 2013
John 8:58 "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

and what happens next?

ALL TOGETHER EVERYONE...

At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

I'm sorry, WHY did they stone him again?

because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Makest thyself what?

God.

Come again?

God.

Wait, it wasn't because you were prophesizing about Muhammad? Wasn't it because you were teaching there was one God? No of course not, Jews already knew that and were persecuted in those days by the Romans for it.

It was because WHAT again? Maybe the Muslims, Mormons, and Jehovah Witnesses (muslim little cousins) didn't HEAR the verse..

because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

You know this whole "great Apostasy" thing that Muslims, Mormons, and Jehovah Witnesses use to try to tear down Christianity... that reminds me of another verse. where Jesus was being convicted but their TESTIMONIES didn't agree.

My greatest wish is to have a Muslim, Mormon, Jehovah Witness all stand before me, making the same argument... "Great Apostasy" then telling me in unison the same story right...

Then watch as their versions all go in three different directions.

Then I'd ask "There are so many versions here about what you say REALLY happened, how do I know which one is the right one?"

of course each one will say "pray and God will show you"

You know that God wont' say all three are correct. And each one will think they are the one out of three standing.

None will be smart enough to get that all three are wrong.
uhuh wrote:
Jesus, supposedly God Himself, NEVER EVER mentioned the Name Y-H-V-H
the scribes could transliterate the Tetragram into Greek if Jesus mentioned it
"ego eimi" is not a Greek translation of "YHVH"
even the blind beggar in John 9:9 said he is "ego eimi"
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174718 May 3, 2013
1) The Jewish name for god is represented by the tetragrammaton YHVH can be pronounced Yahweh or Jehovah.

2) When dissected in the Hebrew, the true definition of Jehovah (Yah-Hovah) is revealed. "Yah" means "god". "Hovah" translates to "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness."

3) Jehovah is synonymous with Baal.

4) Baal was at loggerheads with Moloch and we read about the patriarchs like Moses warning about worshipping Moloch - Baal's (YHVH's) rival.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174719 May 3, 2013
The Jewish Encyclopedia ("Adonai and Ba'al") reveals:

"The name Ba'al , apparently as an equivalent for Yhwh."

LOL.

Location hidden

#174720 May 3, 2013
Wrong AGAIN!

the Ner tamid (Hebrew: נֵ&#15 12; תָ&#14 68;מִ& #1497;ד), which is usually translated as "eternal flame" or "eternal light". Hanging or standing in front of the ark in every Jewish synagogue, it is meant to represent the menorah of the Temple in Jerusalem as well as the continuously burning fire on the altar of burnt offerings in front of the Temple.

Lie exposed and refuted... time... 45 seconds
NEXT!!!!!!
JOEL wrote:
In most Jewish synagogues, a bright burning flame represents their god. The Hebrew word for Lucifer is "Hillel" (Strong's Concordance #H1966) meaning "bright light." Curiously, this is the name chosen for the Jewish student organization.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174721 May 3, 2013
When curious Jews and non-Jews alike see the "sacred" tetragrammaton being used in occult practice, they are intrigued by the prospective that these sorcerers have harnessed the mystical powers of the name. In the Satanic Bible, Anton LaVey (Jewish) provides an extensive list of "infernal names" that, when summoned, provide the practitioner with super human abilities namely intelligence, power, skills in manipulation, enhanced creativity, material wealth, and the satisfaction of diverse lusts.

LMAO.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174722 May 3, 2013
Jews are invoking demons named adonai, elohim, el shaddai, yhvh, zeba'ot, diyenu (Diana) et al in their rituals. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr 15 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr 10 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
News ScienceDiscovery of female bones at Stonehenge ... Feb '16 Ray 1
More from around the web