Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,334

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#174519 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, dear HughBe
Every time I write to polemicists like Shamma and others, you are always in my mind and I feel sad, when I have to hammer such freaks and I know you do understand why I do that.
Thanks for that understanding and now to your good questions.
We believe that Muhammad was the Prophet of God. And every Muslim must believe that and does believe.
We do not need the Prophet to send us into the Paradise and we do not believe that he is an intercessor or has any power to do so.
We only need to believe in Allah, the LORD Almighty to get into Paradise. That authority lies with Allah, not Muhammad.
Thanks for asking good questions.
Once again, my sincere apologies to you for what I do. I am glad you have always understood me.
Salaams and regards, my friend
BMZ
LIAR!
Your pants are on fire.
Requirements to be a Muslim.
Sins are only forgiven by belief in Muhammad.
http://muslimconverts.com/shahadah/converting...

Location hidden

#174520 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HughBe, the questions have been answered by BMZ.
Let's look at it this way...
Let's say there was a collecion of people who were praying to dead parents, local saints and priests and even to Jesus instead of praying to God.
The role of Prophet Muhammed was to remind us that there was only one God and that God needed no intermediaries.
One of his greatest achievements, if not the greatest, was to teach people to return to the worship of God direct.
Peace
Liar!
Your pants are on fire.
Sins are only forgiven by obeying Muhammad.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174521 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because some people have chosen to give God a name to suit them does not make God captive to any particular race or religion.
Why do you keep saying "her" why not "it"?.
These are superstitions.
God is more interested in your pious deeds than your view on "his" name.
As long as we address God respectfully, that would suffice.
There is some truth in all religions Alex and I practice and believe in that truth, it's an eclectic mix. You could say God is an "it", God is Energy and the forces in nature. Electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. It is also omnipresent and omnipotent. But I also believe we were created in the image of God and God is a person (the wife of Energy) and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174522 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because some people have chosen to give God a name to suit them does not make God captive to any particular race or religion.
Why do you keep saying "her" why not "it"?.
These are superstitions.
God is more interested in your pious deeds than your view on "his" name.
As long as we address God respectfully, that would suffice.
Susan's "God" is female. Why this should be the case beats the hell out of me.

Location hidden

#174523 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I should have put it better:
Every Muslim believes that Muhammad is the Prophet of God.
However, Muslims do not believe that Muhammad is going to get them into Paradise.
Thanks for pointing that out, HughBe.
Liar! your pants are on fire!
All Muslims sins are forgiven by worshiping Muhammad through the laws of Muhammad.

Location hidden

#174524 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that Jesus was neither the son of God nor God. Period!
Liar!
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174525 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is some truth in all religions Alex and I practice and believe in that truth, it's an eclectic mix. You could say God is an "it", God is Energy and the forces in nature. Electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. It is also omnipresent and omnipotent. But I also believe we were created in the image of God and God is a person (the wife of Energy) and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24.
God is the wife of energy, eh?

You are without question the craziest poster on this thread. So much for your vaunted reputation.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174526 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Lord Voldemort
What does that mean RK, Voldemort?

Location hidden

#174527 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It means a fraud and forgery to me.
My life is not at all affected by that lie.
No, the lie belies itself. Entering the Paradise is as easy as 123. Believe only in the one and the only one LORD Almighty God. If you do that, you get a ticket to heaven.
if you take the route through transit, you may end up in an uncomfortable and a horrible place.
Take the direct route to God. You don't need Jesus.
LAiR!
Your pants are on fire!
Muslims are required to obey the laws of Muhammad whether they are good or evil.
Sins are only forgiven by obeying the laws of Muhammad.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174528 May 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!
Your pants are on fire.
Sins are only forgiven by obeying Muhammad.
From your link:

"In fact, the Muslim has to obey the commands of the Prophet, to believe in what he has said, to follow his Teachings, to avoid what he has forbidden, and to worship A11ah alone according to the message revealed to him."

I knew it already. Islam is in TRUTH Mohammadanism, and I say, to hell with it, because Mohammad was in TRUTH a thief, a murderer, a rape enabler, and a slave owner/trader, according to authoritative MUSLIM records. I for one don't trust that he got anything right.

Location hidden

#174529 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever I show you the absurdities and the forgeries in the New Testament gospels, I refer to your books.
Qur'aan has no such absurdities. Your Bible is full of them.
Now, read this again:
There is nothing from Jesus saying that he was sent to be crucified.
Everything we hear about Jesus comes from people, who did not know the man and who came up with their own wild conjectures and doctrines, which were forced dow the throats of those, who bought the lies.
And where can we see Jesus saying, "I am God"? No where. Right? S, who came up with that lie?
So, the point is that all claims of Christianity are absurd and lies against the noble and poor son of our dearest mother Mary.
People spend their lives searching God and want to be closer to God, while you want people to waste their time and lives in search of a man, who was lowly before God. You degrade God.
How do you expect us to believe in the Bull Shit spread by the Church founded by pagans, that Jesus was God, when he never said anything so filthy himself?
You are an ignorant fool!
You are a worshiper of Muhammad.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174530 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Susan's "God" is female. Why this should be the case beats the hell out of me.
There is a lot of scripture that supports this view, RK but I could probably write a book on the subject. God is called he, him, father, son, man and husband which does not always mean male. God is also called she, her, mother, daughter, woman and wife which is always female. Women are also men (mankind) but men are not women. God is both, so God must be female. I would suggest you read the Hebrew bible. In English, the OKJV is preferable.:)
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174531 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What does that mean RK, Voldemort?
Lord Voldemort, "He who must not be named," in the Harry Potter saga. Voldemort is the evil wizard, but actually quite stupid about many things. IOW, I was MOCKING your claim that God's name can't or should not be uttered.

Why not?
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174532 May 2, 2013
If we are made in God's image and likeness, then who else has a right to know and say God's TRUE name?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#174533 May 2, 2013
It does not indicate any "competing" beings.

It indicates God's ability to identify himself and let it be known who and what he is.

God's name, which is not megalomanical, is simply "is". The fact you analyze it such is your own cynicism at work.

And in fact the highests reaches of reality, my friend, do indicate the concept of being without any limitation, boundaries, or conditions.

"Be all you can be"
"Be yourself"
"be true to who you are"

and so forth.

The fact this BEING was saying this as his name so far back in time, before we had all of this notion of analysis

Well that's proof of itself.

You're worse than the Muslims and Mormons, you're a cynic, with no ability to even admit to anything. You just argue anything that you feel weakens your main point "there is no god".

You can take a hike too, because your premises are so biased.

"competing" and "meglamanical"... weak weak assumptions. Very much based on a late 20th century perspective, not stepping back and considering anything "higher".
JOEL wrote:
The pronoun I indicates an individual being - one out of many competing beings. So, the God who declared itself as I AM WHO I AM to the Hebrews and to the Babylonians who pre-dated the Hebrews is a minor being with a marked megalomanical attitude aside from it having murderous, jealous, hateful, parochial and bloodthirsty anthropopathic instincts. The higher reaches of the reality far exceed any notion of I AM WHO I AM. The very word I indicates limitation and egoism. A being with a universal presence is beyond I and You and would never declare itself with the egoistic words I AM WHO I AM. However, by doing so this foolish God/being has revealed its limitations and its traits and commands to its followers indicate that it is an asura/demonic being. LOL.

Location hidden

#174534 May 2, 2013
A demonic being would not call himself "I am that I am"

A demonic being would call himself "the god of the water" "the god of the sun" "the god of the stars" "the great god of gravity" "the god of the harvest" and so forth.

In otherwords demonic beings and false gods have proven themselves by the notion that they are masters... gods... of realms with limitations and boundaries.

Yahweh, has none of this nonsense. Because He is who He is, and God will be what God will be.

this is why God's name... MUSLIMS... MORMONS...is so important, and why "ELOHIM/ALLAH" is not right to be called "his name".

An unbeliever will ignorantly confuse God's title, with his name.

Mister named Mister
Human named Human
God named God
Elohim named Elohim
Allah named Allah

no.

Yahweh is the Unique Creator of all.

It's clear in the Bible and like I've said, nothing can "correct" that.
JOEL wrote:

Location hidden

#174535 May 2, 2013
YES HE DID

The verse literally says

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:'I AM has sent me to you.'"
God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites,'I AM', the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' "This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation.

READ the last verse twenty times if you have to.

I mean he didn't tell Moses to tell them that Moses is the God of their fathers. Why do you think Jews can't even use the word anymore.

Again, Jesus used it in the New Testament to identify himself, and what did that cause them to do? CRUCIFY HIM.

If you're going to argue a point, be real. Don't sit here and try to dance around and split a hair. You can't even SPLIT this one!!!

He SAID it twice. I AM is my name forever.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
But God did not say, "Moses, my name is I am who I am".
When God said, if God really said, "tell them I AM has sent me to you", God was possibly being sarcastic or in a jovial mood.
The point is that I am who I am is no name.

Location hidden

#174536 May 2, 2013
And no one is saying that we had anything FROM JESUS...

We have eyewitness accounts, because OBVIOUSLY IF HE WAS KILLED HE WOULDNT WRITE ANYTHING ABOUT IT

Luke and John KNEW HIM.

John wrote, that Jesus told them "BEfore Abraham was, I AM", and then the next verse the Jews took stones to kill him because he had called himself equal to God.

How can Jesus call himself "I AM" and not refer to himself as God? Are there two "Yahweh's" and before Abraham Jesus was saying he was?

COME ON!

You got an Athiest, and a Muslim in here trying to split hairs in the same way.

You two.... look up the name "CELSUS"

He is the athiest from which the Muslims got their anti-Christian arguments from.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I judge, I put a note and inform the poster. I disagree with your note, so I have awarded the 'disagree' icon to you.
There is nothing from Jesus saying that he was sent to be crucified. Everything we hear about Jesus comes from people, who did not know the man and who came up with their own wild conjectures and doctrines, which were forced dow the throats of those, who bought the lies.
And where can we see Jesus saying, "I am God"? No where. Right? S, who came up with that lie?

Location hidden

#174537 May 2, 2013
YES THE QURAN DID

hat they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but SO IT WAS MADE TO APPEAR TO THEM, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
—Qur'an, sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157-158

and no you haven't shown any forgeries of the Bible. Pilate did not allow him to slip through, because first of all, he was crucified, and the nature of the entire thing was this...

if he managed to slip through, then he would have returned later discussing his escape. He would have, at a later age, said "yes I was not calling myself God"

and in fact... this is the bset part

If Pilate was allowing him to escape, whaat in the WORLD got the Jews so angry then?

If Jesus wasn't saying he was God, then Jesus wasn't trying to change the authority of the Jewish priesthood (after all, even in Islam there is far more in common with Jewish practices than Christian ones, thanks Muslims for proving my point here).

So jesus wasn't saying he was God, and Jesus "wasnt" god.,.. yet they wanted to kill him... because?

I mean you admit clearly below that they TRIED to and Pilate let him slip...

WHY WERE THEY TRYING TO?

1. Not because he talked about Muhammad who wasn't going to be born in 600 years. That's absurd.
2. Not to challenge the authority of the priests, there's no point now, he's not God, nothing else worth challenging.
3. Not to change the rules, since in Islam just about all the same Jewish rules are in place.
4. Not for healing anyone, that's not enough to be a capital offense.
5. He was a rabbi and was of the tribe of Levi. so he wan't violating any rule THERE...

Nope, this JEWISH man was crucified because he WAS saying he was God.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been showing forgeries and absurdities quite frequently here.
In Qur'aan, God says very clearly about Jesus, "Neither did they murder him nor did they crucify him."
Qur'aan does not say that that God made it "look like" Jesus was crucified.
I have explained this many times before comparing it with a well-managed stage show conducted by Pilate, who knew the man was innocent. So, people thought that he was being crucified but Jesus was allowed to slip out and ran away through the crowd. He was good at that.
What can be more clearer than this?

Location hidden

#174538 May 2, 2013
Really?

3500 years ago the concept of self was that psychologically clear to the Hebrews back then?

Just like the concept of the universe starting with a flash of light... yea they had a hubble space telescope, just forgot to explain that in Genesis right?

God's name identifies what God is. The best analogy is like saying "there is one equation to explain everything in the universe". There is one frequency in which all other frequencies are derived.

There is one consciousness for which all creation has been manifested from.

You're CONSCIOUS aren't you? You're AWARE of yourself... ARENT YOU?

Where do you think that's possible? electrons and molecules zipping past each other? Give me a break! That's simply explaining the ability for you to move around and physically feel things. Not self consciousness and self awareness.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof or argument is sufficient for some one who "does not want to believe"!!
I AM WHO I AM.....is THAT a proof? proof of What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Islam Treads, It Leaves a Desert Sat Old Pom 5
History is boring Sat llortraob 1
Amphipolis tomb mosaic depicts abduction of Per... Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
AMPHIPOLlS (upd) Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Oct 12 Barnsweb 101
Israeli archaeologists find inscriptions of Aus... Oct 11 Stan Dandyliver 5
Paleolithic relics unearthed at China's Nihewan... Oct 5 RayH 1

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE