Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256397 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Chosen By Allah

Chesapeake, OH

#174551 May 2, 2013
Rewards for Justice-main - english
www.rewardsforjustice.net/
The Rewards for Justice program is one of the U.S. government's most valuable assets in the fight against international terrorism.Rewards for Justice - english.
Wanted for Terrorism
Seeking Information Against International ...
Hafiz Mohammad ...
Information leading to the arrest or conviction of ...
Rewards Paid
The Rewards for Justice program has paid more ...
Program
The Rewards for Justice program continues to be ...
More results from rewardsforjustice.net »
Rewards for Justice Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rewards_for_Jus...
The Rewards for Justice Program (RFJ) is the counterterrorism rewards program of the U.S. Department of State's Diplomatic Security Service (DSS).
Rewards for Justice Program - US Department of State
www.state.gov ›...› Fighting Terrorism
The Rewards for Justice Program is one of the most valuable assets the U.S. Government has in the fight against international terrorism. Established by the 1984 ...
Justice Points - Currency - World of Warcraft - Wowhead
www.wowhead.com/currency=395/justice-points
Reward, Limit. Random normal dungeon, Cataclysm Heroic, and HoT Heroic, 0 Justice Points first run 0 Justice Points subsequent runs, 7 per week. Heroic boss ...
Resolve - Rewards for Justice Legislation (H.R. 4077/ S. 2318)
theresolve.org/pages/rewards-for-justice-legi...
Two bipartisan bills were introduced in early 2012 proposing the expansion of the State Department's existing Rewards For Justice program to offer rewards for ...
President Obama Signs Rewards for Justice Bill into Law | Enough
www.enoughproject.org/.../president-obama-sig... ...
Jan 16, 2013 – President Obama signed legislation into law yesterday that will expand the scope of the Rewards for Justice Program. On hand at the Oval ...
FBI — Rewards for Justice Program Offers $5 Million for al Shabaab ...
www.fbi.gov › News › News Blog
A reward of up to $5 million each for information leading to the apprehension or conviction of American citizens Omar Shafik Hammami and Jehad Serwan ...
Searches related to rewards justice
rewards justice usama bin ladin
mullah omar reward
j
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174552 May 2, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Christian doctrine say, was Jesus just nailed to the cross or did they tie his hands and legs to it as well? I asking this because I was listening to a lecture by this atheist scholar, and he said had Jesus only been nailed, he would have fallen off within 3 minutes.
Not if he were nailed through his wrists.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174554 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, RK and it's been being debated for about 3 decades now. The Messiah reignited the New Age movement who expected the NWO to begin in the late Eighties.
And the Seventh Day Adventists have also gotten it wrong, repeatedly, not to mention the Lubavitchers.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174555 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>And the Seventh Day Adventists have also gotten it wrong, repeatedly, not to mention the Lubavitchers.
I hadn't heard anything about Lubavitch. What did they say?
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174556 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I hadn't heard anything about Lubavitch. What did they say?
Rabbi Schneerson might have been, could have been, the Messiah, in some quarters, but then he died!

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabad_messianis...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174557 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Not if he were nailed through his wrists.
He was nailed thru his wrists, that's the proper method of crucifixion. It's also one thing that proves Psalm 22 wasn't fulfilled. Verse 16 says "they pierced my hands and my feet" and there's a lot more that wasn't fulfilled. The Messiah was actually supposed to survive this for at least 40 years, verse 30, a "generation". That's why Jesus said the end would come during the generation of those he spoke to.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174558 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Rabbi Schneerson might have been, could have been, the Messiah, in some quarters, but then he died!
I heard about Schneerson, and I think there's still people who believe in him. The Jews don't get it, they were supposed to reject their Messiah, that's why they'll be exiled again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174559 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
If we are made in God's image and likeness, then who else has a right to know and say God's TRUE name?
rabbee: where in TheTorah does it say, any of you are made in G-D'S Image and Likeness? i have a Torah Scroll, and it does not say anything like that.

this is what IT actually Says.

"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.

G-D blessed them, and G-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

it is not talking about, any of you. it is talking about, The Specific Person Adam. and it is nothing but vanity, to claim anything else.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#174560 May 2, 2013
Really...

so everytime you identify yourself and say "I"... you're being a limited individualized megalomania, narcisstic... blah blah.

YOUR interpretation of what "I AM" means is YOUR very strange interpretation.

IF He actually DID create the universe, and if he truly is omniscent and the cretor of all... how can calling himself I AM truly be all this crap you accuse it of being.

He calls himself "I AM", where do you get limited and narcissic from?

When someone says "be the best you can be" or "be yourelf" are they telling you to aspire to be a egotistical narcissist???

Of course not.

I AM is that. I AM.

You made it mean "I AM narcistic" and "I am egotistical".

YOU added that... and thus you try to limit God by making just his name be limited by implication.

Weak... very weak on your part.
JOEL wrote:
The use of the pronoun I by the being says it all.
I - limitation, individualization, megalomania, narcissism, egoism and with foul deeds to match.
Just read the Tanakh to see how full it is with evil and abnormal teachings.

Location hidden

#174561 May 2, 2013
No it's not

The vedantic ideas and all others are based on the reality of God's existence. There is no doubt that God has made himself known to various religions.

in fact the Bible says so:

Romans 1:19-23

since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

So yes, your Vedic, and various other religions have an awareness and some understading of God's existence. Whether they called him Yahweh or not...

But the fact is, only when they understood that the singular creator was the only God did they truly know.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the ancient Vedantic idea based on advaita/monism with the aim being self-realization.
Judaism and other Baal worshipping cults are dualistic and are based on the adverse vital consciousness and as known the vital is a lowly range in the hierarchy of the manifestation.

Location hidden

#174562 May 2, 2013
It seems pretty plain and straightforward to me.

"I personifies limitation, individualization, megalomania, narcissism, egoism and with foul deeds to match."

no. I simply identifies one who knows themself.

In fact, you can even have all of those qualitites you say, but the fact is God has those and all the opposite qualities, God can be both great and small, both big and little. Both the atom and all of creation.

You can call God "individualistic" and "eternally unified".

In the end, God's presence is transcendent.

Remember, Judaism is the only religion that when they worshipped God at the altar... there was no statue to worship. It was an empty pedastal.

Tell your vedic friend to find the Hindu counterpart to that.
JOEL wrote:
I AM WHO I AM:
The use of the pronoun I by the asura being says it all.
I personifies limitation, individualization, megalomania, narcissism, egoism and with foul deeds to match.
Just read the Tanakh to see how full it is with evil and abnormal teachings.

Location hidden

#174563 May 2, 2013
So you make an analysis based on prejudiced and incomplete observation, then compare that to something you personally feel is "higher" in manifestation.

Then you think that you've made a valid point... not withstanding you've not even addressed your assumptions

1. You cannot distinguish spiritual observation of truth from historical precedent. That the Hebrew similarities to Vedic that you point out can only mean that Vedic "invented" them. That't like me saying every scientific discovery tthat comes about by one scientist... if another observed it in the past.. that scientist must have gotten the idea from the previous scientist.

2. You then say that the idea is Vedic but then simultaneously condemn the same idea as being weaker than the Vedic idea that you just claimed it came from.

3. You try to balance the understanding purely in a "Vedic" perspective, as if existence itself is based on Vedic tradition of understanding.

1 2 3 you're OUT!
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the ancient Vedantic idea based on advaita/monism with the aim being self-realization.
Judaism and other Baal worshipping cults are dualistic and are based on the adverse vital consciousness and as known the vital is a lowly range in the hierarchy of the manifestation.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174564 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Rabbi Schneerson might have been, could have been, the Messiah, in some quarters, but then he died!
From the link.

1. Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson and his purported STATUS as the Messiah.(so Judaism has its messiah)

2. some believe that he DIED but will RETURN as the Messiah,
(a resurrected messiah and a second coming, just like dear Jesus)

3. others believe that he is merely "hidden".

4.A very small minority believe that he has God-like powers, or is the "CREATOR" ...(Judaism's messiah is god, just like dear Jesus)

I find the above interesting especially that it is coming from Judaism.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174565 May 2, 2013
A very small minority believe that he,Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, has God-like powers, or is the "CREATOR"

Wait a bit, these Jews are NOT Jews they believe that their rabbi was God Almighty the Creator.

They are into IDOLATRY and so are NOT Jews.

Location hidden

#174566 May 2, 2013
Key Difference,

Those that knew Jesus knew him from the miracles he performed and his ressurrection, not on "purported status" and "will return".

So when Menachem mendel Schneerson ressurrects... then we can talk.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
From the link.
1. Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson and his purported STATUS as the Messiah.(so Judaism has its messiah)
2. some believe that he DIED but will RETURN as the Messiah,
(a resurrected messiah and a second coming, just like dear Jesus)
3. others believe that he is merely "hidden".
4.A very small minority believe that he has God-like powers, or is the "CREATOR" ...(Judaism's messiah is god, just like dear Jesus)
I find the above interesting especially that it is coming from Judaism.

Location hidden

#174567 May 2, 2013
Perhaps they will dig up his grave and find nothing inside.

Perhaps some will take eyewitness accounts, nowadays on video, attesting to his ressurrection

barring that... you got bupkiss
HughBe wrote:
A very small minority believe that he,Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, has God-like powers, or is the "CREATOR"
Wait a bit, these Jews are NOT Jews they believe that their rabbi was God Almighty the Creator.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#174568 May 2, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Wait Hugh, you can't do that. You said being a Jew is biology. Their biology has changed.

As I've said before, the Lubivitchers are a fringe group. The rabbis from other movements denounce them.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174569 May 2, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait Hugh, you can't do that. You said being a Jew is biology. Their biology has changed.
As I've said before, the Lubivitchers are a fringe group. The rabbis from other movements denounce them.
Eric---Wait Hugh, you can't do that. You said being a Jew is biology. Their biology has changed.

HughBe--- Correct on both counts and that shall NEVER change.

What I wrote did not reflect my views or KNOWLEDGE. Instead, it reflects the false teachings/beliefs of Judaism.

Eric---As I've said before, the Lubivitchers are a fringe group. The rabbis from other movements denounce them

HughBe--- Memory tells me that Frijoles called them the FUTURE of Judaism. Remind me of their membership level and compare it to the Reform movement.

And Eric, it is a pity that you gave me the link to a FRINGE group. Why not the link to your group?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#174570 May 2, 2013
How they nailed Jesus to the Cross.
http://www.jesus-passion.com/station_eleven.h...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174571 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Key Difference,
Those that knew Jesus knew him from the miracles he performed and his ressurrection, not on "purported status" and "will return".
So when Menachem mendel Schneerson ressurrects... then we can talk.
<quoted text>
I still like the parallel especially since it can be used to counter their BS with respect to the ONLY Messiah, Jesus , the Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Experts unite to condemn plans for road tunnel ... 8 hr TheNi6htTrain 1
News Florida beachgoers discover 'holy grail of ship... Apr 3 Vicki 1
News Mystery rock is 330,000 years old and proves an... Feb '18 Chris 1
News Stone tools prove humans at work 15,000 years ago (Mar '11) Feb '18 BINGO FART 3
News Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada? Feb '18 Vasily Ivanov 1
News Ruins of historic mission ranch among few remai... (Dec '09) Feb '18 NEWS FART 2
News Shawn Vestal: When cows were the cornerstone of... Jan '18 jarrfan 1