Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#174507 May 2, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: there are no direct quotes, from G-D in the quran. the best you can claim is that, muhammed got it from some angel. it is blastphemy to claim, the quran is from G-D. when it is actually from, some questionable angel. and talking critters claiming to be the word of G-D, is just as suspect.
There are. You need to go and read Qur'aan. It is blasphemy to say that Qur'aan is from some critter.

Talking critters can only be found among the subtle beasts of the Church or your thepersonalTorah fields. I don't know how many G-ds are springing up these days.
bmz

Location hidden

#174508 May 2, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks ,BMZ, for your response.
Now for the points of interest.
BMZ---You don't need Jesus.
HughBe--- Do you need the Prophet Muhammad?
Can you get to paradise without Muhammad meaning can you IGNORE him and make it into paradise?
BMZ---... every Muslim MUST believe that and does believe(We believe that Muhammad was the Prophet of God)
HughBe--- Thinking aloud, why the MUST believe?
Well, I should have put it better:

Every Muslim believes that Muhammad is the Prophet of God.

However, Muslims do not believe that Muhammad is going to get them into Paradise.

Thanks for pointing that out, HughBe.
bmz

Location hidden

#174509 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>But Jesus was the son of the God of Christianity who is Satan. Jesus is Lucifer, Satans counterfeit messiah. Satan is a father and son. If Jesus was God, God is a wus.
No, Jesus was neither the son of God nor God.

And neither is Jesus Lucifer. You have been misinformed. The Church fathers were Satan's minions, who turned him into Son of God and God.

Misquoting Jesus has always been rampant through out the last 18 centuries and it will not stop.
bmz

Location hidden

#174510 May 2, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Alex---We don't need to go through Prophet Muhammed to God.

HughBe--- what is the meaning of "go through"?

What is the role of the Prophet Muhammed?
Hello, HughBe

The meaning of "go through" can be seen in the following verse:

"Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

In Islam, anyone can come to God direct.

His role was to broadcast the message that there is only one God, the LORD Almighty and there is no other God or Gods besides God, the LORD. And the other was to pass the Qur'aan.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174511 May 2, 2013
Where's Babbeo?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174512 May 2, 2013
Where's that menial and gay pfeifenkopf? LOL.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174513 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It's proof that God exists, I think, therefore I AM.
rabbee: if you are standing there, in front of G-D talking to you. how much more proof, would you need of THEIR Existance?

The Only Thing, you may have doubts about. are THESE TWO, not in the flesh as ONE-Unseperated SPIRIT are claiming to be something called G-D. or thinking this has got to be some kind of mistake, cause i can't be possibly who THEY Say i am, to their I-AM.

you might be supprized with, the excuses after being so astonished by G-D. talk about supprize, birthday parties. you ain't never have one, geater than like that.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174514 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are. You need to go and read Qur'aan. It is blasphemy to say that Qur'aan is from some critter.
Talking critters can only be found among the subtle beasts of the Church or your thepersonalTorah fields. I don't know how many G-ds are springing up these days.
rabbee: hey if it was that important, don't you think G-D would have mentioned it to me? THEY did not mention, muhammed nor any quran.

if G-D hates it that much not to mention it, why would i want to even read it? G-D only told me about TheTorah, because we are actually here in IT again. and so i believe that is a lot more relevant, than any quran or other new testament of fallible alleged as men.

it is blastphemy to denounce TheTorah, for the sake of some new testament. when even to give the illusion, we are not here in TheTorah is a great, great, great sin against G-D.

there is no greater hypocricy, than a defunct religious fraud. calling all the other, defunt religious frauds a fraud. no matter how much your vanity, applauds you for your own choice of religious frauds. nor does any one telling me, they are jew, muslem or christian tell me that any of you are true to G-D.

i don't care what is allegedly true to your religious organizations. i only care about, what is really true to G-D.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#174515 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The real name of God is sacred. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. This refers to her actual, literal name. God has a lot of names that describe her attributes but the real name of God is not to be spoken. We call God Lord or Adonai.
Just because some people have chosen to give God a name to suit them does not make God captive to any particular race or religion.
Why do you keep saying "her" why not "it"?.
These are superstitions.
God is more interested in your pious deeds than your view on "his" name.
As long as we address God respectfully, that would suffice.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#174516 May 2, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex---We don't need to go through Prophet Muhammed to God.
HughBe--- what is the meaning of "go through"?
What is the role of the Prophet Muhammed?
Hello HughBe, the questions have been answered by BMZ.
Let's look at it this way...
Let's say there was a collecion of people who were praying to dead parents, local saints and priests and even to Jesus instead of praying to God.
The role of Prophet Muhammed was to remind us that there was only one God and that God needed no intermediaries.
One of his greatest achievements, if not the greatest, was to teach people to return to the worship of God direct.
Peace
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#174517 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan, if God is a she, how can you call her Lord? Why not Lady?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Why not call her "Lady God-Dess"?
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174518 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The real name of God is sacred. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. This refers to her actual, literal name. God has a lot of names that describe her attributes but the real name of God is not to be spoken. We call God Lord or Adonai.
Lord Voldemort

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#174519 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, dear HughBe
Every time I write to polemicists like Shamma and others, you are always in my mind and I feel sad, when I have to hammer such freaks and I know you do understand why I do that.
Thanks for that understanding and now to your good questions.
We believe that Muhammad was the Prophet of God. And every Muslim must believe that and does believe.
We do not need the Prophet to send us into the Paradise and we do not believe that he is an intercessor or has any power to do so.
We only need to believe in Allah, the LORD Almighty to get into Paradise. That authority lies with Allah, not Muhammad.
Thanks for asking good questions.
Once again, my sincere apologies to you for what I do. I am glad you have always understood me.
Salaams and regards, my friend
BMZ
LIAR!
Your pants are on fire.
Requirements to be a Muslim.
Sins are only forgiven by belief in Muhammad.
http://muslimconverts.com/shahadah/converting...

Location hidden

#174520 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HughBe, the questions have been answered by BMZ.
Let's look at it this way...
Let's say there was a collecion of people who were praying to dead parents, local saints and priests and even to Jesus instead of praying to God.
The role of Prophet Muhammed was to remind us that there was only one God and that God needed no intermediaries.
One of his greatest achievements, if not the greatest, was to teach people to return to the worship of God direct.
Peace
Liar!
Your pants are on fire.
Sins are only forgiven by obeying Muhammad.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174521 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because some people have chosen to give God a name to suit them does not make God captive to any particular race or religion.
These are superstitions.
There is some truth in all religions Alex and I practice and believe in that truth, it's an eclectic mix. You could say God is an "it", God is Energy and the forces in nature. Electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. It is also omnipresent and omnipotent. But I also believe we were created in the image of God and God is a person (the wife of Energy) and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174522 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
These are superstitions.
Susan's "God" is female. Why this should be the case beats the hell out of me.

Location hidden

#174523 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I should have put it better:
Every Muslim believes that Muhammad is the Prophet of God.
However, Muslims do not believe that Muhammad is going to get them into Paradise.
Thanks for pointing that out, HughBe.
Liar! your pants are on fire!
All Muslims sins are forgiven by worshiping Muhammad through the laws of Muhammad.

Location hidden

#174524 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that Jesus was neither the son of God nor God. Period!
Liar!
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174525 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is some truth in all religions Alex and I practice and believe in that truth, it's an eclectic mix. You could say God is an "it", God is Energy and the forces in nature. Electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. It is also omnipresent and omnipotent. But I also believe we were created in the image of God and God is a person (the wife of Energy) and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24.
God is the wife of energy, eh?

You are without question the craziest poster on this thread. So much for your vaunted reputation.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174526 May 2, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Lord Voldemort
What does that mean RK, Voldemort?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web