Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256356 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

uhuh

Barcelona, Spain

#174486 May 2, 2013
the name YHWH is exclusively used by Israelites to refer to God whom they made a covenant with
gentiles have no right to use that Name

the prophets Job, Eliphaz, Bildad, Zophar and Elihu were not Israelites
throughout their dialogues, the name YHWH is never mentioned by them; instead they called God El, Shaddai or.. Eloah
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#174487 May 2, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ---Take the direct route to God. You don't need Jesus.

HughBe--- Greetings my friend. It is not my aim to enter into a debate with you on the matter that you are discussing. I seek information only.

You have said that one does not need Jesus all that is required is for someone to take the DIRECT route to God.

My questions are---

Do you need the Prophet Muhammad?

Can you get to paradise without Muhammad meaning can you IGNORE him and make it into paradise?
Greetings, dear HughBe

Every time I write to polemicists like Shamma and others, you are always in my mind and I feel sad, when I have to hammer such freaks and I know you do understand why I do that.

Thanks for that understanding and now to your good questions.

We believe that Muhammad was the Prophet of God. And every Muslim must believe that and does believe.

We do not need the Prophet to send us into the Paradise and we do not believe that he is an intercessor or has any power to do so.

We only need to believe in Allah, the LORD Almighty to get into Paradise. That authority lies with Allah, not Muhammad.

Thanks for asking good questions.

Once again, my sincere apologies to you for what I do. I am glad you have always understood me.

Salaams and regards, my friend
BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#174488 May 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
eh? I thought God' name is JESUS, or IMMANUEL ?
make up your mind
Good reminder, uhuh.
bmz

Location hidden

#174489 May 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
But, didn't Muhammad chose the pre-Islamic god Allah as his personal god from the 360 gods that were worshipped since pre-Muhammad days in the Kaaba? This is all that he did - he chose Allah from 360 gods and made it his one and only god. LOL.
None out of the 360 gods within the Ka'aba, was called Allah.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174490 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
BJ is god?
Does "god" have a penis?
How stupid can people get?
Even worse...this "god" used his penis only to pee, APPARENTLY. not for any rumpy pumpy
Pull the other one.
God does not have a penis or serpent. The serpent was an earthly creation for purposes of procreation. Adam or Satan is called "Serpent" because that's his main schtick, he's a sex offender and the head of the Serpent will be bruised by the Messiah. Genesis 3:15. The Serpent will be tortured and cut off by the sword of the Lord. Isaiah 27:1. He is also called the piercing, crooked serpent and pierced the Messiah 5 times at the "crucifixion" which wasn't a crucifixion at all.
bmz

Location hidden

#174491 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The real name of God is sacred. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. This refers to her actual, literal name. God has a lot of names that describe her attributes but the real name of God is not to be spoken. We call God Lord or Adonai.
Susan, if God is a she, how can you call her Lord? Why not Lady?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#174492 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, MADE THINGS SIMPLE FOR THEM.
GOT THEM TO WORSHIP ONLY ONE GOD.
CORRECT.

Muhammad simply chose the god Allah out of 360 gods that were worshipped in the Kaaba by the pre-Islamic Arabs and made that his one and only god.

What's so great about this?

Muhammad was a bastard of the highest order who ruined himself and his followers and wrecked havoc on millions of lives.

No wonder, the evil rascal was murdered in keeping with the law of karma - as you sow, so shall you reap!

Interestingly, many members of his family and all his 4 caliphs were also murdered - as you sow, so shall you reap.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174493 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan, if God is a she, how can you call her Lord? Why not Lady?
God is also called King and not Queen. A Queen is subservient to a King and God is not subservient to anybody. God takes it as an affront to call her "The Queen of Heaven". God is both a man and a woman and she prefers the male terms when describing her.
JOEL

Thane, India

#174494 May 2, 2013
(smiles)
JOEL

Thane, India

#174495 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, moron.

How can each of the 360 gods in the Kaaba be known by the same name? Obviously, they'll have different names.

Muhammad simply chose the ferocious god Allah out of 360 gods that were worshipped in the Kaaba by the pre-Islamic Arabs and made that his one and only god.

What's so great about this?

Muhammad was a bastard of the highest order who ruined himself and his followers and wrecked havoc on millions of lives.

No wonder, the evil rascal was murdered in keeping with the law of karma - as you sow, so shall you reap!

Interestingly, many members of his family and all his 4 caliphs were also murdered - as you sow, so shall you reap.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174496 May 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the name YHWH is exclusively used by Israelites to refer to God whom they made a covenant with
gentiles have no right to use that Name
the prophets Job, Eliphaz, Bildad, Zophar and Elihu were not Israelites
throughout their dialogues, the name YHWH is never mentioned by them; instead they called God El, Shaddai or.. Eloah
rabbee: i do not believe, TheTorah G-D gave to Moshe and the multitudes, was meant to be hidden under a rock. it was given to the multitudes, that represented the whole known world at the time. and i still believe that it was meant to be given to the whole known world.

and i still do not accept, any word with a phonetic w in eevreet. more or less a j, i, or u. and the w in german, is a phonetic v sound. do not forget to change it, to the phonetic v in english.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174497 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well maybe because, its all-h them. i do not believe, that G-D ever came and said to any muslem and said, hi! i am all-h. nor spoke in arabic, to muhammed. when arabic, hadn't even been introduced yet. so that muslems have, no origional documents in arabic from muhammed either.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174498 May 2, 2013
just normal hypocrites, claiming your fake scriptures. are not the same, as our fake scriptures. i do not believe, that any of your religions, are telling this same story here in TheTorah, TheWay G-D always does. ain't even any where close to TheWay, G-D tells this twice coming of Adam again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174499 May 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God is also called King and not Queen. A Queen is subservient to a King and God is not subservient to anybody. God takes it as an affront to call her "The Queen of Heaven". God is both a man and a woman and she prefers the male terms when describing her.
rabbee: much better, but not quite a bulls eye.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#174500 May 2, 2013
allah was a satan whoos followers as per bibble said will have long beards and will teach hatred that was lalh was ass lickin craeture and mohamed was a pedophile og highest order
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174502 May 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof or argument is sufficient for some one who "does not want to believe"!!
I AM WHO I AM.....is THAT a proof? proof of What?
It's proof that God exists, I think, therefore I AM.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174503 May 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
eh? I thought God' name is JESUS, or IMMANUEL ?
make up your mind
Better yet, I thought it was "I AM" but then again it could be Jehovah.

Which is it?

"Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his NAME? what shall I say unto them?

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath SENT me unto you."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174504 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that Jesus was neither the son of God nor God. Period!
But Jesus was the son of the God of Christianity who is Satan. Jesus is Lucifer, Satans counterfeit messiah. Satan is a father and son. If Jesus was God, God is a wus.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174505 May 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, dear HughBe
Every time I write to polemicists like Shamma and others, you are always in my mind and I feel sad, when I have to hammer such freaks and I know you do understand why I do that.
Thanks for that understanding and now to your good questions.
We believe that Muhammad was the Prophet of God. And every Muslim must believe that and does believe.
We do not need the Prophet to send us into the Paradise and we do not believe that he is an intercessor or has any power to do so.
We only need to believe in Allah, the LORD Almighty to get into Paradise. That authority lies with Allah, not Muhammad.
Thanks for asking good questions.
Once again, my sincere apologies to you for what I do. I am glad you have always understood me.
Salaams and regards, my friend
BMZ
Thanks ,BMZ, for your response.

Now for the points of interest.

BMZ---You don't need Jesus.

HughBe--- Do you need the Prophet Muhammad?

Can you get to paradise without Muhammad meaning can you IGNORE him and make it into paradise?

BMZ---... every Muslim MUST believe that and does believe(We believe that Muhammad was the Prophet of God)

HughBe--- Thinking aloud, why the MUST believe?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#174506 May 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HughBe, How are you?
I am sure BMZ will give a fuller response.
WE go DIRECT to God.
We don't need to go through Prophet Muhammed to God.
You know that many "Christians" believe that they have to go through Jesus pbuh to reach God or indeed Jesus pbuh is God.
Muslims don't believe any such thing about Prophet Muhammed pbuh.
The irony is that Jesus pbuh himself claimed that he came only for the Jews but many gentile "Christians" prefer to take instructions from Paul and chase after a man who never came for them in the first place.
Peace.
Alex---We don't need to go through Prophet Muhammed to God.

HughBe--- what is the meaning of "go through"?

What is the role of the Prophet Muhammed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr 15 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar 27 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb '17 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb '17 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb '17 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
More from around the web