Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 214,986

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174317 Apr 30, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL.
Tell me what ROFL means JOEL?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#174318 Apr 30, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us. Don't keep us in suspense.
Let me go look in the mirror, I need to brush my purple hair, brush my straight teeth and look at my green eyes. That's all in the Song of Solomon. It's a very short book.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#174319 Apr 30, 2013
The Record Keeper wrote:
<quoted text>God is Shia! Yay! Now I can murder the deviants and feel divinely righteous about it!!!
Oh, wait...I'm not Shia...
I'm not Sunni...
Does this mean that I'm doomed by default?
Worry not my friend, you and I are destined for hellfire.
JOEL

Thane, India

#174320 Apr 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me what ROFL means JOEL?
ROFL - Rolling on the Floor laughing.

Susie,

Tell me where and what is Heaven?

I'm putting this question to you since I read your post on the aim of life and going to Heaven on the Messianic thread.
JOEL

Thane, India

#174321 Apr 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>

Elijah the prophet also brought a child back to life. Fitting in this life he's a child psychiatrist.
Resurrecting a dead person is done by vitalists.

A vitalist is a yogi who commands a part of or the whole of the vital range of cosmic consciousness.

Actually speaking, the yogi needn't call back the escaped vital power since it's the physico-vital that is responsible for life in the body.

The physico-vital is an inferior current of the manifested vital that infuses matter to animate or enliven it.

A device that generates the correct electro-magnetic frequency can resurrect dead tissues and corpses.

The electromagnetic force is also an aspect of the physico-vital since the vital force is also responsible for the animation of the gross physical forces.

It's been an aim of mine to work closely with a genius-engineer on a vibrometer, an electromagnetic device that can revive dead tissues and corpses when it generates the correct frequencies. Given my yogic experiences (that're spontaneously continuing till now) and my exposure to the physical sciences, I know that it's possible to revive the dead employing the correct frequency/frequencies of the em force.

I'd love to work on the vibrometer with a maverick like Nikola Tesla, who, by the way, was deeply influenced by the mind-matter lectures of Swami Vivekananda that he attended and who he reportedly meet on several occasions when Vivekananda visited the US.

Tesla is reported to have said that if one wishes to know the secrets of the universe then one would have to concentrate on energy, vibration and frequency which determine the nature and function of the universe. Correct. I add consciousness to the list.
JOEL

Thane, India

#174322 Apr 30, 2013
Susie,

Where are you?

Kindly doff your dunce cap when you come online, dear.

(smiles)
JOEL

Thane, India

#174323 Apr 30, 2013
I'm dead against hollow rituals and rely on a healthy combination of physical proof, intuition, higher logic and direct transcendental experiences.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#174324 Apr 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>We are living in the world that God created, and it is the testimony of Moses in Genesis that gives credence to the belief that God exist and talked to Moses.
Is it a proof or a circular argument? Moses says God talked to him and we must believe it?

Is that what you call as proof?

We are living in the world which God created as mentioned in Genesis, Is that what you call as proof?

Do you not understand what is proof?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#174325 Apr 30, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your own choice, why you blame destiny for it? Who is stopping you from accepting the truth?

It is your own "haughtiness" that is prompting you to say these things.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#174326 Apr 30, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-103

And the soldiers came before him, bowing down in mockery, saluting him as King of the Jews. And they held out their hands to receive gifts, such as new kings are accustomed to give; and receiving nothing they smote Judas, saying:'Now, how are you crowned, foolish king, if you will not pay your soldiers and servants?'*The chief priests with the scribes and Pharisees, seeing that Judas died not by the scourges, and fearing lest Pilate should set him at liberty, made a gift of money to the governor, who having received it gave Judas to the scribes and Pharisees as guilty to death. Whereupon they condemned two robbers with him to the death of the cross.

So they led him to Mount Calvary, where they used to hang malefactors, and there they crucified him naked;, for the greater ignominy.*Judas truly did nothing else but cry out:'God, why have you forsaken me, seeing the malefactor has escaped and I die unjustly?'*Truly I say that the voice, the face, and the person of Judas were so like to Jesus, that his disciples and believers entirely believed that he was Jesus; wherefore some departed from the doctrine of Jesus, believing that Jesus had been a false prophet, and that by art magic he had done the miracles which he did: for Jesus had said that he should not die till near the end of the world; for that at that time he should be taken away from the world.

But they that stood firm in the doctrine of Jesus were so encompassed with sorrow, seeing him die who was entirely like to Jesus, that they remembered not what Jesus had said. And so in company with the mother of Jesus they went to Mount Calvary, and were not only present at the death of Judas, weeping continually, but by means of Nicodemus and Joseph of Abarimathia; they obtained from the governor the body of Judas to bury it. Whereupon, they took him down from the cross with such weeping as assuredly no one would believe, and buried him in the new sepulcher of Joseph; having wrapped him up in an hundred pounds of precious ointments.

Note: This whole episode shows really what happened and what is the riddle of this Crucifixion. The riddle of Missing Judas Iscariot is explained clearly, which is so evident from the writings of Matthew and Luke. This might be the reason why this Gospel was banned in the first place- MUQ

(Unabridged)
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#174327 Apr 30, 2013
"There are different types of worship --proskynesis (venerate/bow down) and latreia (adore/serve). I proskyneo one God, but I latreuo three Persons." - John Damascene

"Next to God, we worship the Logos who became man for our sake." - Justin Martyr

"There is one God, though we believe in three Persons." - Gregory Nazianzen

"The Greeks profess too many gods, the Hebrews only one God. We reject each of these religions because we believe in a Father and a Son." - Marius Victorinus
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#174328 Apr 30, 2013
is Jesus the Gate to the sheep pen (John 10:7), the Shepherd (10:11) or the Sheep/Lamb itself?

christians make up your mind
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174329 Apr 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's a new one. I've never heard that one before. So Mary and Jesus hated each other. Adam is not the son of Mary or Eve, it's the other way around, Eve was Adams' daughter. It's actually very simple but you're making it very complicated. The righteous are righteous because of their actions not because of their faith and we will all be judged by our actions.
That's a new one. I've never heard that one before. Ever.
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174330 Apr 30, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit, I was shooting for Purgatory!
The Record Keeper

Hurricane, WV

#174331 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your own choice, why you blame destiny for it? Who is stopping you from accepting the truth?
It is your own "haughtiness" that is prompting you to say these things.
Hmmm...Jews believe in the One God, but they reject Mohammad as a false prophet, so they're going to Islamic hell when they die, right? I mean, tell the truth. Islam is ALL about submitting to Mohammad, isn't it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#174332 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a proof or a circular argument? Moses says God talked to him and we must believe it?
Is that what you call as proof?
We are living in the world which God created as mentioned in Genesis, Is that what you call as proof?
Do you not understand what is proof?
You ignored the rest of the post.
Moses testimony includes God inter acting with man on earth.
With out the testimony of Moses we would not have had an actual history of God inter acting with man.

There are thousands and thousands of ancient writings about God prior to Moses, but noon of them revealed a Covenant made by God with man as Moses reveals Gods Covenants to us.

With out God walking and talking to Moses the history of God inter acting with man would not be known.

Moses testimony is proof that God had a living relationship with Moses.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174333 Apr 30, 2013
Buford the rabid carnivore is on a rampage. Is it a full moon night? Oh he's so crude, meniall, polemical and an incorrigible fanatic. Nothing he says makes sense. He'd better marry Susie the Israeli freak but ooops he's gay.

(smiles).
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#174334 Apr 30, 2013
You mean Moses the sorcerer communed with a demonic being - his G-d. LOL. Moses was such an evil man.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#174335 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-103
And the soldiers came before him, bowing down in mockery, saluting him as King of the Jews. And they held out their hands to receive gifts, such as new kings are accustomed to give; and receiving nothing they smote Judas, saying:'Now, how are you crowned, foolish king, if you will not pay your soldiers and servants?'*The chief priests with the scribes and Pharisees, seeing that Judas died not by the scourges, and fearing lest Pilate should set him at liberty, made a gift of money to the governor, who having received it gave Judas to the scribes and Pharisees as guilty to death. Whereupon they condemned two robbers with him to the death of the cross.
So they led him to Mount Calvary, where they used to hang malefactors, and there they crucified him naked;, for the greater ignominy.*Judas truly did nothing else but cry out:'God, why have you forsaken me, seeing the malefactor has escaped and I die unjustly?'*Truly I say that the voice, the face, and the person of Judas were so like to Jesus, that his disciples and believers entirely believed that he was Jesus; wherefore some departed from the doctrine of Jesus, believing that Jesus had been a false prophet, and that by art magic he had done the miracles which he did: for Jesus had said that he should not die till near the end of the world; for that at that time he should be taken away from the world.
But they that stood firm in the doctrine of Jesus were so encompassed with sorrow, seeing him die who was entirely like to Jesus, that they remembered not what Jesus had said. And so in company with the mother of Jesus they went to Mount Calvary, and were not only present at the death of Judas, weeping continually, but by means of Nicodemus and Joseph of Abarimathia; they obtained from the governor the body of Judas to bury it. Whereupon, they took him down from the cross with such weeping as assuredly no one would believe, and buried him in the new sepulcher of Joseph; having wrapped him up in an hundred pounds of precious ointments.
Note: This whole episode shows really what happened and what is the riddle of this Crucifixion. The riddle of Missing Judas Iscariot is explained clearly, which is so evident from the writings of Matthew and Luke. This might be the reason why this Gospel was banned in the first place- MUQ
(Unabridged)
So Allah condoned the murder of the innocent Judas and saved his lying prophet Jesus Christ According to the Muslims.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#174336 Apr 30, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Elijah the prophet also brought a child back to life. Fitting in this life he's a child psychiatrist.
rabbee: names, dates, addresses, phone numbers, credible wittnesses, credible sources, news articles etc. and the name and current address of the alleged resurrected person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From parking lot to cathedral, Richard III is c... Fri SpaceBlues 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... Mar 23 Garry Denke 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Mar 18 susan 3
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Mar 16 original indian 188
News How ISIS Is Destroying Ancient Art in Iraq and ... Mar 11 jinxi 6
News Mummy Problems: As Florida Bans 'Climate Change... Mar 10 IB DaMann 3
News Islamic State destroying another ancient site i... Mar 7 Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web