Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#173577 Apr 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry, the Aramaic is Eashoa.
http://www.v-a.com/bible/aramaic-jesus.html
http://www.v-a.com/bible/
That's how they PRONOUNCE 'Yeshua'!
Jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#173578 Apr 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The son of Mary is the one man, whose name Christians have never gotten right.
Calling him "the son of Mary" is not right because Jews never used the mother's name when referring to someone.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#173579 Apr 26, 2013
Christianity is the same today as it was when Jesus walk the earth.
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/popp/0909...

Location hidden

#173580 Apr 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is where you are wrong.
As a scholar myself, I consider Bart Ehrman brilliant. He has come up with the same conclusions that I made years before him.
All the teachings of christianity can be summed up as Misquoting Jesus and Lying Against Jesus, which are faithfully performed by members of the Christian Comedy Central. That includes your lying good self.
In the Beginning

Christians from the earliest days worshiped Christ as God, honored the Father as God and glorified the Spirit as God; believing, as do Christians today, in "one God."

While some of the apostles were still alive, Clement of Rome wrote a letter to the Corinthians. In the second chapter of that work he said, "Content with the provision which God had made for you, and carefully attending to His words, ye were inwardly filled with His doctrine, and His sufferings were before your eyes."

For readers unaccustomed to tracing that many pronouns back to their source, I'll repeat the word they replace so you can get the full effect: "Content with the provision which God had made for you, and carefully attending to [God's] words, ye were inwardly filled with [God's] doctrine, and [God's] sufferings were before your eyes."

God's sufferings?

How could God be said to suffer — unless Christ is God?

Justin Martyr confirms that explanation when he later writes that Jesus "has truly become man capable of suffering." (Dialogue with Trypho, Chapter 98)

So at the earliest possible moment Christians have confirmed for us — and in the most convincing way, that is, casually — their belief that Jesus is God.

In Chapter 22 of Clement's letter he again speaks as if his hearers are perfectly comfortable with this doctrine. "Now the faith which is in Christ confirms all these admonitions. For [Christ] Himself by the Holy Ghost thus addresses us:'Come, ye children, hearken unto Me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord....'" and Clement continues to quote Psalm 34 (after starting with verse 11)! Clement could not have written that Jesus — a man of his own time — was the author of Psalm 34 if he believed the Lord to be a mere man.

In Chapter 46 of this same letter to the Corinthian believers Clement writes, "Have we not all one God and one Christ? Is there not one Spirit of grace poured out upon us?" Contrary to myth, the one God and the three Persons of the Trinity are prominent in the very earliest Christian writings — this one dated no later than AD 97.

Likewise, brother Mathetes writes to Diognetus, around the year 130:

[God] did not, as one might have imagined, send to men any servant, or angel, or ruler, or any one of those who bear sway over earthly things, or one of those to whom the government of things in the heavens has been entrusted, but the very Creator and Fashioner of all things — by whom He made the heavens.... As a king sends his son, who is also a king, so He sent Him; as God He sent Him; as to men He sent Him; as a Savior He sent Him...." (Chapter 6)

Here we have Christ the King, the Son, the Co-Creator, the Savior, the man, God.

Mathetes again, Chapter 11: "[The Word] is He who was from the beginning, who appeared as if new, and was found old, and yet who is ever born afresh in the hearts of the saints. This is He who, being from everlasting, is to-day called the Son...."

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#173581 Apr 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Except that there was no Christianity when Jesus walked the earth. If he even existed.

Where do you buy your kosher meat from?

Location hidden

#173582 Apr 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like I kicked your ass rabbee and you are to much of an idiot to know it.
Rabee might be a loon but he is far from stupid.

You, on the other hand, are STUPID.

Location hidden

#173583 Apr 26, 2013
Please enter your name wrote:
<quoted text>OK
Like the name!

Location hidden

#173584 Apr 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
As a scholar myself, I consider Bart Ehrman brilliant. He has come up with the same conclusions that I made years before him.
All the teachings of christianity can be summed up as Misquoting Jesus and Lying Against Jesus, which are faithfully performed by members of the Christian Comedy Central. That includes your lying good self.
Bart Ehrman did not live with Jesus as the Apostles did.
Ignatius, writing in his various epistles before his martyrdom in AD 107, gives us the phrases:

"The blood of God,"
"The only true God,"
"The only-begotten Son and Word, before time began,"
"Our Lord and God, Jesus Christ,"
"God being manifested as a man, and man displaying power as God,"
"Our God, Jesus Christ (several repetitions and variations),"
"One God,"
"His eternal Word,"
"Jesus Christ His Son, who is His Word, not spoken but essential.
For He is not the voice of an articulate utterance, but a substance
begotten by divine power,"
"God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ, His Son, with the co-
operation of the Spirit,"
"God the Word," and
"God incarnate."

But Ignatius charges that heretics who would make Jesus identical with the Father err when they "suppose Christ to be unbegotten." "There is but one unbegotten Being, God, even the Father; and one only-begotten Son, God, the Word and man; and one Comforter, the Spirit of Truth."

Justin Martyr

Justin, killed for his faith in AD 165, penned:

"We reasonably worship Him, having learned that He is the Son of the true God Himself, and holding Him in the second place, and the prophetic Spirit in the third...." (First Apology, Ch. 13)

"To God alone we render worship." (First Apology, Ch. 17)

"The Father of the universe has a Son; who also, being the first-begotten Word of God, is even God." (First Apology, Ch. 63)

"Next to God, we worship and love the Word who is from the unbegotten and ineffable God, since He also became man...." (Second Apology, Ch. 13)

"There will be no other God, O Trypho, nor was there from eternity any other existing...." (Dialogue with Trypho, Ch. 11)

"[In the Old Testament] Christ is King, and Priest, and God, and Lord, and angel, and man, and captain, and stone, and a Son born...." (Trypho, Ch. 34)

"[In the Old Testament] Christ is called both God and Lord of hosts." (Trypho, Ch. 36)

"This Christ existed as God before the ages, then He submitted to be born and become man...." (Trypho, Ch. 48)

"But this Offspring, which was truly brought forth from the Father, was with the Father before all creatures...." (Trypho, Ch. 62)

"He is witnessed to by Him who established these things, as deserving to be worshiped, as God and as Christ." (Trypho, Ch. 63)

Wherever God says, "God went up from Abraham," or, "The Lord spake to Moses," and "The Lord came down to behold the tower which the sons of men had built," or when "God shut Noah into the ark," you must not imagine that the unbegotten God Himself came down or went up from any place....For neither Abraham, nor Isaac, nor Jacob, nor any other man, saw the Father and ineffable Lord of all, and also [Father and Lord] of Christ, but [saw] Him who was according to His will His Son, being God, and the Angel because He ministered to His will; whom it also pleased Him to be born man by the Virgin; who also was fire when He conversed with Moses from the bush.(Trypho, Ch. 127)

In his Hortatory Address to the Greeks Justin teaches that Satan's original lie was that there were, or could be, other gods:

The misanthropic demon contrived to deceive them when he said to them, "If ye obey me in transgressing the commandment of God, ye shall be as gods," calling those "gods" which had no being, in order that men, supposing that there were other gods in existence, might believe that they themselves could become gods.(Ch. 21, emphasis added)

Location hidden

#173585 Apr 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbe is stupid to continue to ignore Gods plan of Salvation.

Location hidden

#173586 Apr 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that there was no Christianity when Jesus walked the earth. If he even existed.
Where do you buy your kosher meat from?
It certainly was and is today.
Christianity is relationship with God.
Jews have an relationship unto them self as a people.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#173587 Apr 26, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how they PRONOUNCE 'Yeshua'!
Yeshua is a transliteration; ie, it is an English spelling to sound like a Hebrew word.

Eashoa is also a transliteration; ie it is an English spelling to sound like an Aramaic word.

Go here to see the word Eashoa in Aramaic. http://www.v-a.com/bible/jesus.html
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#173588 Apr 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>rabbe is stupid to continue to ignore G-ds plan of Salvation.
Jimmie is G-d's plan of salvation. Ask him.

Location hidden

#173589 Apr 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to non_Jews Frijolie when the Jewish Messiah comes that the Jews are waiting for to come?

Location hidden

#173590 Apr 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the teacher, not Ehrman you fool.
I've presented only a sampling of at least 37 references to one God and/or three Persons in Justin Martyr's works.

Irenaeus

Irenaeus' monumental work Against Heresies, published between AD 182 and 188, contains at least 61 references to a lone God, and/or distinct persons in the Father, Son and Spirit. Again I will list only a few:

"Such, then, are the first principles of the Gospel: that there is one God, the Maker of the universe..." (Book III, 11.7)

"All those who had seen God after the resurrection..." (this line appears twice in Book III, 13.1)

He [Jesus] speaks undoubtedly these words to those who have not received the gift of adoption, but despise the incarnation of the pure generation of the Word of God...who became flesh for them. For it was for this end that the Word of God was made man, and He who was the Son of God became the Son of man, and that man, having been taken into the Word, and receiving the adoption, might become the son of God.(Book III, 19.1)

"But what He is Himself in His own right, beyond all men who ever lived, God, and Lord, and King Eternal, and the Incarnate Word...may be seen by all who have attained to even a small portion of the truth." (Book III, 19.2)

"[Jesus] thus indicates in the clearest manner that the writings of Moses are His words....So also, beyond a doubt, the words of the other prophets are His...." (Book IV, 2.3)

"And for this reason,[God], beyond comprehension, and boundless and invisible,[in Christ] rendered Himself visible, and comprehensible, and within the capacity of those who believe, that He might vivify those who receive and behold Him through faith." (Book IV, 20.5)

"Thus, therefore, was God revealed; for God the Father is shown forth through all these [operations], the Spirit indeed working, and the Son ministering, while the Father was approving, and man's salvation was being accomplished." (Book IV, 20.6)

"This is my earnest object...that...I may restrain them from such a great blasphemy, and from insanely fabricating a multitude of gods." (Book IV, 34.5)

In Book V we read a typical expression of some of the early churchmen: that the Son and Spirit are the figurative "hands" — the operating agents — of God the Father. "For by the hands of the Father, that is, by the Son and the Holy Spirit, man...was made in the likeness of God." (6.1)

"Rightly then does His Word say to man,'Thy sins are forgiven thee;' He, the same against whom we had sinned in the beginning, grants forgiveness of sins in the end." (Book V, 17.1)

"For the Creator of the world is truly the Word of God: and this is our Lord, who in the last times was made man." (Book V, 18.3)

In the Fragments of Iranaeus,#52 begins: "The sacred books acknowledge with regard to Christ, that as He is the Son of man, so is the same Being not a [mere] man; and as He is flesh, so is He also Spirit, and the Word of God, and God."

These men confirm what the NT Scripture revealed to us about about Jesus.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#173591 Apr 26, 2013
JOEL wrote:
BMZ has the IQ of a retard and he calls himslef a scholar. LOL.
Salaamz & L M A O ! Wrong! The venerable and knowledgeable B M Z has never to my knowledge referred to himself as a scholar. But MANY others have DEEM'D Him as such.Oh and he can also spell-check himself. I purpose' a simple test just for you to determine the quality of your graymatter.Place on a twoside scale;left side , your intellect.Rightside , same amount of BULL pucky.Which do you think is going to tip the scale and why!? LOL! Cheerz
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#173592 Apr 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
SalaamZ Shammy! LOL! what a ludicrous statement. Did the Vatican exist back then!? NO! was there a Pope back then!? No! Was the entire Catholic church filled with pedophile-priests back then!? NO! We,re playin you just like baseball...three strikes and YOU-ARE-OUT!!!!(out of yer friggin mind!)LOL! Cheerz
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#173593 Apr 26, 2013
Rabbee is a demon incarnate and as expected is a satanist.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#173594 Apr 26, 2013
I can only wonder at the filthy genes that Rabbee has inherited from his genetically abnormal and satanist parents. What a sub-human type, Rabbee is.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#173595 Apr 26, 2013
Rabbee is a born liar, a fake scientist and has the reasoning skills of a retard and as for math, physics and chemistry knowledge or skills, well, Rabbee is a big zero and couldn't correctly answer a single fundamental question in chem, physics and math that I'd directed at him some months ago and expectedly he came up with wrong answers to every elementary question posed. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#173596 Apr 26, 2013
Rabbee is a rabid satanist. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web