Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#173491 Apr 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I testify that the gospels are full of forgeries. Allah says that Jesus was not crucified.
Crucifixion of Jesus is a hoax.
Your testimony is worthless.
You are just a Muslim that thinks he is a god.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#173492 Apr 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You bull-shit!
in 70 AD the Jews were defeated and their temple was destroyed and the Jews were scattered all over the world.
You bull-shit Muslim.
Here read all about your jinn devil god Allah, and his jinn devil prophet Muhammad.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
Are you sure it wasnt 70 CE?

Location hidden

#173493 Apr 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Have you converted to Islam?
If not why not?
Ask my imam.

Location hidden

#173494 Apr 25, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Papa, that was when I had a lower degree of perception and moreover the truth is that I was covering up or making excuses or justifying all the wrong actions of Jesus, Muhammad, Krishna, Rama, My ex-Master and others. I was influenced by several tricky apologists who gave me the impression that what these prophets did was the right thing to do and that they were infallible and could never err.
Now, that the blinkers are off and I have broken free of the vicious force hold on me I have no wish to defend anyone and am in a position to call a spade a spade.
Lots of Love and Best Regards.
So would that be an evolution of thought? Or a devolution of thought?

Location hidden

#173495 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask my imam.
What is his name?

Location hidden

#173496 Apr 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What is his name?
Fred

Location hidden

#173497 Apr 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred
I'll look him up.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#173498 Apr 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You bull-shit!
in 70 AD the Jews were defeated and their temple was destroyed and the Jews were scattered all over the world.
You bull-shit Muslim.
Here read all about your jinn devil god Allah, and his jinn devil prophet Muhammad.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
Jesus also said at the same time he would be resurrected on the Mount of Olives. That was before all the myths were written down about the rapture and tribulation etc. The whole purpose of the resurrection is to conquer death. Your god is dead.

Location hidden

#173499 Apr 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I'll look him up.
I am sure you will

Location hidden

#173500 Apr 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus also said at the same time he would be resurrected on the Mount of Olives. That was before all the myths were written down about the rapture and tribulation etc. The whole purpose of the resurrection is to conquer death. Your god is dead.
Your jinn devil god is feeding you bull-shit.
Your brain is full of it.
look

Corona, CA

#173502 Apr 25, 2013
"adam"
from denver, Co

You obviously don't understand the Torah if you think that the Torah's rules for you are that you only have to make one sacrifice and then you are sinless.

One animal does not atone for all sins of one person, nor of the community of Israel.

Are you a levite?

You are completely absurd in thinking, that's for sure.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173503 Apr 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus also said at the same time he would be resurrected on the Mount of Olives. That was before all the myths were written down about the rapture and tribulation etc. The whole purpose of the resurrection is to conquer death. Your god is dead.
rabbee: your opininion does not even, constitute the truth of a lesser g-d.

and i would not be so sure that either, i or TheG-D WHO is giving TheTorah to us right now is dead. and spitten co-brats should avoid, spitting into a strong wind. as the rumors about my death, have been greatly exaggerated. having our flesh put to death, did not kill us both.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#173506 Apr 25, 2013
look wrote:
"adam"
from denver, Co
You obviously don't understand the Torah if you think that the Torah's rules for you are that you only have to make one sacrifice and then you are sinless.
One animal does not atone for all sins of one person, nor of the community of Israel.
Are you a levite?
rabbee: yeah right, G-D'S only begottn Son, does not understand TheTorah and G-D better than you, with hasatan the more brilliant.

well i think christians, call me jesus christ. but that is not really my name, according to real scripture. they can't even get the name, of their alleged messiah right. just like it says, in their book of Revelation, they don't believe either.

it even roughly tells them about my first visit with G-D, as the small male child for about half an hour.
Fred Flintstone

Hurricane, WV

#173507 Apr 25, 2013
look wrote:
"adam"
from denver, Co
Are you a levite?
How can the sacrifice of one animal -or more- atone for any sin at all, when it is HUMANS who sin, not animals, but more fundamentally, why would G-d require it, especially in light of the fact that the Jewish Temple and altar of sacrifice haven't existed for some 2000 years. That's a LOT of accumulated Jewish sin that has gone un-expiated by dead animals, not to mention the sins of every other stinking human being who has lived and died since then whose sin, well, who cares about these "UNCHOSEN" folks, eh?
Bling Blang Blung

Hurricane, WV

#173508 Apr 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Define death.
Bling Blang Blung

Hurricane, WV

#173509 Apr 25, 2013
When did G-d decree as a formal prophetic matter that animal sacrifices NO LONGER MATTERED?
Bling Blang Blung

Hurricane, WV

#173510 Apr 25, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yeah right, G-D'S only begottn Son, does not understand TheTorah and G-D better than you, with hasatan the more brilliant.
well i think christians, call me jesus christ. but that is not really my name, according to real scripture. they can't even get the name, of their alleged messiah right. just like it says, in their book of Revelation, they don't believe either.
it even roughly tells them about my first visit with G-D, as the small male child for about half an hour.
You aren't Michael.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#173511 Apr 25, 2013
Bling Blang Blung wrote:
When did G-d decree as a formal prophetic matter that animal sacrifices NO LONGER MATTERED?
The same time G-d decreed that keeping the Sabbath NO LONGER MATTERED.
Ballzout

Hurricane, WV

#173512 Apr 25, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The same time G-d decreed that keeping the Sabbath NO LONGER MATTERED.
When was that, or are you being sarcastic/cyncical? My question was an honest one, whether or not you choose to believe it. As for me, I see no value in animal sacrifices for human sin. Your G-d knows better, I suppose. After all, you G-d ordered it, but hey, no Temple or altar, so what's up.........?
Ballzout

Hurricane, WV

#173513 Apr 25, 2013
CORRECTION:

When was that, or are you being sarcastic/cyncical? My question was an honest one, whether or not you choose to believe it. As for me, I see no value in animal sacrifices for human sin. Your G-d knows better, I suppose. After all, YOUR G-d ordered it, but hey, no Temple or altar, so what's up.........?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) 18 hr spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun 24 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May '17 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May '17 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
More from around the web