Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,126)

Showing posts 162,501 - 162,520 of198,596
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find how many times the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John Contradict Quran?
Why should you use double standards for GOB and other Gospels?
The whole Quran is a contradiction of Gods Holy Bible.
Muslims don't care about the false teaching of Muhammad.
To be a Muslim as you no doubt are, you must love Muhammad more then you love your life.
The laws of Islam are made by Muhammad to protect the life style of Muhammad.

If you don't obey the laws of Muhammad one cannot be a Muslim, for Muhammad's laws make Muhammad equal to the Muslim god Allah.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>They were Taught by the Holy Spirit of God.
You are a Muslim. you lack having the Holy Spirit in you to enlightened you to the knowledge of truth.
You have the spirit of Muhammad in you, so you have the spirit of falsehoods in you.
You worship Muhammad's jinn devil god called Allah.
I received the Holy Spirit of God from my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.
Even the alleged Holy Spirit did not know how to read and write. What did it write?

To read and write, one needs to go to school. Peter and John were unschooled.

And what exactly did this Holy Spirit teach that Jesus did not teach? I don't see that thing teaching anything.

What you need in your heart and mind, is the fear of God.

You have received nothing. I don't see anything of the good sort.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Bye, kids.

(smiles)
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What I have you cannot have for you are not reborn of the Spirit of God.

Your mind cannot receive the truth from God.

1 Corinthians 1:23
New International Version (©2011)
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
Muslims are still gentiles, the infidels.

You have the spirit of Muhammad in instead of the Spirit of God.
Muslims laws are made to protect the life style of Muhammad.
But Gods moral laws are above the the life style of Muhammad.
Muhammad said to be a Muslim, Muslims must love Muhammad more than they love God.
For the life style of Muhammad is the life style of Muslims.

God never said that Jihad is the way for Muslims.
So Muslims love Muhammad more then they love God.
Everyone is born once. You cannot be born again.

Jesus wanted you to repent sincerely and to turn to God and that you be righteous.

1 Corinthians 1:23 is Paul's bull shit. He is the one, who preached the ridiculous resurrection.

Muslims love God more than Muhammad. It is you, Christians, who love Jesus, a mere mortal, more than the Father, who created the creature Jesus.

You should wipe out the word God from your texts and memory and replace it with Jesus. I strongly suggest that God should be eliminated from Christianity.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Bye, kids.
(smiles)
Bye, baby.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Growl.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
Growl.
SIT!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The Mother of God wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, the Ten Commandments represent an arbitrary benchmark created by Man, while purity is how we behave in response to these arbitrary Man made rules and regs, and this constitutes a relationship with G-d?
Surely this ISN'T what you meant...
But I didnt say the ten commandments was an arbitrary benchmark. I said Mans organized response to Gods calling was the arbitrary benchmark. Dont you see the difference? The first is the word of God, and the second is the response. You can not take the humanism or the interpretative component out of the latter, which is why it is arbitrary.

Yes, God said honor your father and your mother. But what does that mean? How do you do that? That is religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The Father of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your holy book, it looked like that religion is how your G-d organized the relationship with Abraham and his seed... you know the promises and all the laws he gave to you guys, rather than how man does it.
<quoted text>
Reading your holy book purity does come from your G-d, and its not an arbitrary benchmark created by man. But this WASNT what you meant
There is no proper word for religion in Hebrew. The closest we have is "the law". Religion, the concept, came later, from Greek philosophy.

The earlier musing was regarding Bufords use of the word purity. My understanding was that he was offering a Christian definition

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (NIV)

The Jewish religion does not share that concept of purity. Observing the law is a way to effectuate a sacred bond and not to effectuate purity, and it is linked to performing wordly activities, not in avoiding them.

Secondly, the goal to perform such activities is not to expunge sin, as in the case on several Christian theologies, as Jews do not share the concept of original sin either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is born once. You cannot be born again.
Jesus wanted you to repent sincerely and to turn to God and that you be righteous.
1 Corinthians 1:23 is Paul's bull shit. He is the one, who preached the ridiculous resurrection.
Muslims love God more than Muhammad. It is you, Christians, who love Jesus, a mere mortal, more than the Father, who created the creature Jesus.
You should wipe out the word God from your texts and memory and replace it with Jesus. I strongly suggest that God should be eliminated from Christianity.
You got problems.
You are not born again.
In John 3:3, the term “born-again” literally means “to be born from above,” is what happens by Jesus sending His Spirit to those who respond to the gospel. The very essence of regeneration is by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It is an unseen work that one receives when they believe, they are then sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13).

Born of God” To be begotten of God- to have his life, that is eternal along with the characteristics born anew is to love God and will certainly translate in loving the brethren. 1 Pt.1:22; 2 Pt.1:3 tells us we have been given His divine nature v.:5-8 “But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

The context of Jn. 3:5 must be related to Jesus’ previous statement in Jn. 3:3 :“Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” There is only one new birth mentioned in this verse and it is from the Spirit as other Scriptures uphold. John 3:6-7: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not marvel that I said to you,'You must be born again..”’

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The Mother of God wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, the Ten Commandments represent an arbitrary benchmark created by Man, while purity is how we behave in response to these arbitrary Man made rules and regs, and this constitutes a relationship with G-d?
Surely this ISN'T what you meant...
This might be a response to James....Same idea, without the confounding pollution concept.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/w...

There is a story in the Talmud that is often told when someone is asked to summarize the essence of Judaism. During the first century B.C.E. a great rabbi named Hillel was asked to sum up Judaism while standing on one foot. He replied: "Certainly! What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. The rest is commentary, now go and study." (Talmud Shabbat 31A.) Hence, at its core Judaism is concerned with the well-being of humanity. The particulars of every Jew's individual belief system is the commentary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proper word for religion in Hebrew. The closest we have is "the law". Religion, the concept, came later, from Greek philosophy.
The earlier musing was regarding Bufords use of the word purity. My understanding was that he was offering a Christian definition
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (NIV)
The Jewish religion does not share that concept of purity. Observing the law is a way to effectuate a sacred bond and not to effectuate purity, and it is linked to performing wordly activities, not in avoiding them.
Secondly, the goal to perform such activities is not to expunge sin, as in the case on several Christian theologies, as Jews do not share the concept of original sin either.
Purity is the Essence of God and Gods nature is impeccable.
That is the Christian view of God.
JOEL

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Much before Moses could tell us to honor our parents ,this trite moral practice was known to thinking man. The 10 sayings of the mass murderer Moses came much later. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be a response to James....Same idea, without the confounding pollution concept.
http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/w...
There is a story in the Talmud that is often told when someone is asked to summarize the essence of Judaism. During the first century B.C.E. a great rabbi named Hillel was asked to sum up Judaism while standing on one foot. He replied: "Certainly! What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. The rest is commentary, now go and study." (Talmud Shabbat 31A.) Hence, at its core Judaism is concerned with the well-being of humanity. The particulars of every Jew's individual belief system is the commentary.
The difference between Jews and Christians is that Christianity is concerned about the Spiritual well being of humanity, the moral conscience, that allow man to make moral decisions based on the moral laws of God.

While from the Jews point:
Hence, at its core Judaism is concerned with the well-being of humanity. The particulars of every Jew's individual belief system is the commentary.
That view point is based on secularism, which allows humanity to form their own set of moral values contradictory to Gods moral laws.

It is a system of values if it feels good to me its okay and those that aspire to those set of values should be helped to maintain their well being under those set of values.

The Jews are guiding our society in that direction.
Gay life style, Gay marriage, single parenting, free sex, in other words if it feels good do it.
And this is the type of society we live in today.

And we are Trillions of dollars in debt trying to help those people with feel good values to maintain their well being.
LMAO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The difference between Jews and Christians is that Christianity is concerned about the Spiritual well being of humanity, the moral conscience, that allow man to make moral decisions based on the moral laws of God.
While from the Jews point:
Hence, at its core Judaism is concerned with the well-being of humanity. The particulars of every Jew's individual belief system is the commentary.
That view point is based on secularism, which allows humanity to form their own set of moral values contradictory to Gods moral laws.
It is a system of values if it feels good to me its okay and those that aspire to those set of values should be helped to maintain their well being under those set of values.
The Jews are guiding our society in that direction.
Gay life style, Gay marriage, single parenting, free sex, in other words if it feels good do it.
And this is the type of society we live in today.
And we are Trillions of dollars in debt trying to help those people with feel good values to maintain their well being.
LMAO!
Thank you for the scape goating

now please go home

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Purity is the Essence of God and Gods nature is impeccable.
That is the Christian view of God.
Gods nature is impeccable, but you are still a bigot

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Much before Moses could tell us to honor our parents ,this trite moral practice was known to thinking man. The 10 sayings of the mass murderer Moses came much later. LOL.
so? Does that make the sayings less appropriate? I am puzzled by the implications of your value system.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All gospels are forgeries. GOB sounds interesting and better.
THE "INTERESTING' GOSPEL OF BARNABAS:

1) The Gospel of Barnabas was made between A.D. 1300-1350.
Chapters 82-83 says "Years of the Jubilee...every 100 years."

THE YEARS OF THE JUBILEE WAS EVERY 50 YEARS UNTIL:
the year A.D. 1300 when Pope Boniface VIII instituted the Jubilee as a centenary (100 year) event.
Pope Clement VI reversed Boniface's decision and celebrated the next Jubilee in 1350. This was the only time that the Year of Jubilee was intended as a centenary occasion.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You got problems.

You are not born again.

In John 3:3, the term “born-again” literally means “to be born from above,” is what happens by Jesus sending His Spirit to those who respond to the gospel. The very essence of regeneration is by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It is an unseen work that one receives when they believe, they are then sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13).

Born of God” To be begotten of God- to have his life, that is eternal along with the characteristics born anew is to love God and will certainly translate in loving the brethren. 1 Pt.1:22; 2 Pt.1:3 tells us we have been given His divine nature v.:5-8 “But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

The context of Jn. 3:5 must be related to Jesus’ previous statement in Jn. 3:3 :“Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” There is only one new birth mentioned in this verse and it is from the Spirit as other Scriptures uphold. John 3:6-7: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not marvel that I said to you,'You must be born again..”’
Actually, I have no problems. One does not need to be born again. All one has to do is to repent sincerely and turn to God Almighty and be righteous.

Read John 3 along with me and see how hilarious it is. Basically every line is off-topic.

Read this:

"Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said,“Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

Nicodemus did not ask any question. He just praised Jesus and what did Jesus do? He went off-topic like you and said, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

The man had not asked, "Rabbi, how can I see the kingdom of God?"

Totally irrelevant response! This is how crafty men made the tapestry patches in the gospels.

The rest of your quotes are junk and stuff.
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

THE"INTERESTING GOSPEL OF BARNABAS:

Chapter 3 "The birth of Christ is described as having been painless." This belief was not part of the Church before Thomas Aquinas (who died in 1278).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,501 - 162,520 of198,596
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... 2 hr Jonny Paycheck 1
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
Oldest case of Down's syndrome from medieval Fr... Jul 4 Nulli Secubdus 1
Great Circle dig wowing archaeologists Jun 30 Duke for Mayor 3
Remains of ancient child reburied in Montana Jun 29 Quiet Transplant 2
•••
•••