Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171833 Apr 14, 2013
John wrote:
Here's some despicable forgery for you.
Uthman's reaction in 653 is recorded in the following:
"So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman.'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit,'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies.'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies,'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa.'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt. Zayd bin Thabit added, "A Verse from Surat Ahzab was missed by me when we copied the Qur'an and I used to hear Allah's Apostle reciting it. So we searched for it and found it with Khuzaima bin Thabit Al-Ansari.(That Verse was):'Among the Believers are men who have been true in their covenant with Allah.'"[Quran 33:23][Bukhari Sahih al-Bukhari, 6:61:510]
When the task was finished ʿUt̲h&#8 18;mān kept one copy in Medina and sent others to Kūfa, Baṣra, Damascus, and, according to some accounts, Mecca, and ordered that all other variant copies of the Qur'an to be destroyed. This was done everywhere except in Kūfa, where some scholars argue that, Ibn Masʿūd and his followers refused.[3] It is also important that the compilation of the Qur'an during the time of Caliph Abu Bakr which was inherited by Caliph Umar's daughter Hafsa (and a wife of prophet Muhammad) was not destroyed but was passed back to her. This would imply that the first compilation, during the time of Abu Bakr, was not at variation with the ʿUt̲h&#8 18;mānic compilation.
UTHMAN ORDERED ALL CONTRARY VERSIONS OF THE KORAN DESTROYED!
The koran is not the unaltered word of mad mo.
It is the version Uthman liked.
So?
John

Brisbane, Australia

#171834 Apr 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Sooooo, there were many conflicting versions of the gibberish of the butchering false prophet based on different oral traditions. Uthman produced his version and ordered the destruction of all the others.
It is not the unaltered word of mad mo.
POLO

Dartford, UK

#171835 Apr 14, 2013
Allah God in Islam: His attributes and His essence
There are five basic points that should be remembered.

First, is that it is a mistake to assume that every Muslim is an Arab. Not every Muslim is an Arab and not every Arab is a Muslim. To even tie Islam to the Middle East is also a misconception. The Muslim population is close to one billion in all countries and places in the world. Arabs are actually a small minority among the Muslims.

The second main point covers the notion of religion as understood by Muslims. It is not just a matter that is restricted to the basic rituals or religious observations but rather an all-encompassing notion. Religion is a way of life that includes the social, economic and political aspects of life and it’s all integrated.

The third point that was discussed is the meaning of the term Islam itself. It is an attributive title. It is not just a name that is derived from the name of a person, a place, or locality. It is a name that carries within itself the meaning of Islam. The word Islam means, in Arabic, to achieve inner and outer peace as well as peace in the community and the world at large by SUBMITTING ONESELF TO THE WILL OF GOD AND THE OBEDIENCE OF HIS COMMAND. Within this kind of basic definition of Islam, following the path of God, we said that all PROPHETS, throughout history actually preached the same kind of basic Islam and that it was simply fulfilled and completed with the advent of Prophet Mohammed. We concluded not only that Mohammedanism is a mistaken and offensive name for Islam but the fact that all the prophets were brothers, preaching for the same God, and those who sincerely follow them are also regarded as following the same basic path of Islam.

The fourth point went over the definition of a Muslim. Based on the definition of Islam we can say that A MUSLIM IS ONE WHO COMMITS HIS SELF TO LIVE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TEACHINGS, COMMANDS, AND GUIDANCE OF GOD as derived from the revelation. Being a Muslim is not just a title that someone can claim or pay lip service to. A true Muslim is one who actively follows the path of Islam.

The fifth and final point covered in the last lecture that may have some bearing in the coming lecture is this universal outlook of Islam towards prophets and towards followers of other faiths would provide a very good foundation, a very good beginning, to remove or demolish the barriers of fanaticism, prejudice and stereotypes which are sometimes propagated by mistaken sources which prevents the Islamic faith in its true perspective. This should provide, hopefully, more cooperation between the various people following different prophets (who are all considered Muslims in Islam) for the good of all.

http://jamalbadawi.org/index.php...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171836 Apr 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
@Shamma
As shown by Frijoles, please write the following fifty times every day, till you grow up.
"The official language of Greece is Greek"
Thanks
I said that in my post you dumb ass Muslim.
Do you take ignorant pills that you are so dumb?
POLO

Dartford, UK

#171837 Apr 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>A person with common sense will always reject Islam.
Those that accept Islam are blind, deaf, and dumb.
Those are they that have no knowledge of Scripture.
And have not a moral conscience of good and evil.
The unjustly killing of infidels is forbidden by God.
Proverbs 6:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
Islam was founded by Muhammad, history reveals Muhammad was a liar,rapist, robber, and murderer of which is detestable to God.
This is Why Islam Has 1.6Billions of Followers in the next fifty years you will be in the minority and at the same time the door of Hell will be open to acomodate You.
Jesus (peace be upon you) in his second coming will live among the Muslims He will more at ease in a Muslim House than a so called Roman Pagan Christian house.
To You He will say Foot Sack.I Do Not Know You F...Off

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171838 Apr 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo, there were many conflicting versions of the gibberish of the butchering false prophet based on different oral traditions. Uthman produced his version and ordered the destruction of all the others.
It is not the unaltered word of mad mo.
The Quran is a mixture of scripture from other religions.
Muhammad did not receive revelations from an angel of God.
After the negative experiences which depressed Mohammed, Khadijah sent him to her cousin, Waraqa, to convince him that Mohammed was called to be a prophet of Allah. Waraqa succeeded in his task and became responsible for most of the Qur’anic verses at the beginning. Waraqa inserted Ebionite doctrines about Jesus in the Qur’an, stating that Jesus was a prophet, and that He was not crucified, but God made someone to resemble Jesus. That one was crucified because the crowd thought he was Jesus. This doctrine was first initiated by Simon, the magician from Samaria, who later founded a heresy which took his name, Simonianism. In reality, Simon created the root for such doctrine, before it was developed by the Gnostics in later times. Here, I present Simon the magician’s idea about Jesus, which Hyppolytus reported in “The Refutation of all heresies”:

Muhammad worshiped in the occult of jinn devils.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...
POLO

Dartford, UK

#171839 Apr 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I said that in my post you dumb ass Muslim.
Do you take ignorant pills that you are so dumb?
All Dumb Bas...think others are Dumb I Know Its Not Your Fault Its Your Parents. Have you Ever Asked Them What Time They Made You Night Or Day and Tell Them Next Time Do Not Make That Same Mistake Again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171840 Apr 14, 2013
POLO wrote:
Allah God in Islam: His attributes and His essence
There are five basic points that should be remembered.
First, is that it is a mistake to assume that every Muslim is an Arab. Not every Muslim is an Arab and not every Arab is a Muslim. To even tie Islam to the Middle East is also a misconception. The Muslim population is close to one billion in all countries and places in the world. Arabs are actually a small minority among the Muslims.
The second main point covers the notion of religion as understood by Muslims. It is not just a matter that is restricted to the basic rituals or religious observations but rather an all-encompassing notion. Religion is a way of life that includes the social, economic and political aspects of life and it’s all integrated.
The third point that was discussed is the meaning of the term Islam itself. It is an attributive title. It is not just a name that is derived from the name of a person, a place, or locality. It is a name that carries within itself the meaning of Islam. The word Islam means, in Arabic, to achieve inner and outer peace as well as peace in the community and the world at large by SUBMITTING ONESELF TO THE WILL OF GOD AND THE OBEDIENCE OF HIS COMMAND. Within this kind of basic definition of Islam, following the path of God, we said that all PROPHETS, throughout history actually preached the same kind of basic Islam and that it was simply fulfilled and completed with the advent of Prophet Mohammed. We concluded not only that Mohammedanism is a mistaken and offensive name for Islam but the fact that all the prophets were brothers, preaching for the same God, and those who sincerely follow them are also regarded as following the same basic path of Islam.
The fourth point went over the definition of a Muslim. Based on the definition of Islam we can say that A MUSLIM IS ONE WHO COMMITS HIS SELF TO LIVE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TEACHINGS, COMMANDS, AND GUIDANCE OF GOD as derived from the revelation. Being a Muslim is not just a title that someone can claim or pay lip service to. A true Muslim is one who actively follows the path of Islam.
The fifth and final point covered in the last lecture that may have some bearing in the coming lecture is this universal outlook of Islam towards prophets and towards followers of other faiths would provide a very good foundation, a very good beginning, to remove or demolish the barriers of fanaticism, prejudice and stereotypes which are sometimes propagated by mistaken sources which prevents the Islamic faith in its true perspective. This should provide, hopefully, more cooperation between the various people following different prophets (who are all considered Muslims in Islam) for the good of all.
http://jamalbadawi.org/index.php...
rabbee: well so what, since your all-h is still not THE G-D i know. so your still and infidel of other all-h/s, in this second coming of adam agains. and you are most certainly not, worshiping THE G-D, WHO TheStory we are all here in to Moshe.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171841 Apr 14, 2013
G-D Personaly gave, this job to determine. determine who is, or is not true to HIM here in TheTorah.

THEY did not give this job to any of you nobodies, here in TheTorah today. because you are all prejudiced against, TheG-D WHO is still giving TheTorah here in IT.

just like the last time, adam was the only one here in TheTorah. because of all you, nobodies here in IT. and your all still, the nobodies here in IT thrice again.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#171842 Apr 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jealous of what Eric?
John 1:12
English Standard Version (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of G-d,
Please note the words "right to become". It doesn't say that they automatically become children of G-d; only that they have the right to do so. This states that there is something more that is required.

Your type of Christian believes that all you have to do is pay lip service to Jesus and you will be "saved". Nothing more is required. You have the "get out of jail free card." You can lead a reprehensible life but if you accept Jesus on your death bed, all is forgiven.

That's not the way it works. You have to pay more than lip service to G-d. You are not a child of G-d. Your posts prove it.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#171843 Apr 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are talking out of your mind.

Your own and Eric's words keep you's running around like a dog trying to catch your own tail.
This is fun, I love to show your own stupidity to you.
So says the person who can't determine whether an embellishment has occurred.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#171845 Apr 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, uhuh
I forgot add a gem of a quote from Thomas Jefferson. Here it is:
""And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.
But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors."
Jefferson was right, it is a fable. All this crucifiction, resurrection, son of god, & virgin birth is all balls.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171846 Apr 14, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
He says "christian" messiah, hitler was an atheist..and even his vatican fascist master mussolini was an atheist!!
Say what?

I DIDN'T say christian messiah nor Hitler was an atheist. I see Islam has damaged your brain seriously.

I only said Mussolini was an atheist, and this thing is well known. Being ignorant of known facts and call all Europeans as Christians is a joke you need for your internet jihad, and to make pass Muslims as the victims of situation.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#171847 Apr 14, 2013
POLO wrote:
Allah God in Islam: His attributes and His essence
There are five basic points that should be remembered.
First, is that it is a mistake to assume that every Muslim is an Arab. Not every Muslim is an Arab and not every Arab is a Muslim. To even tie Islam to the Middle East is also a misconception. The Muslim population is close to one billion in all countries and places in the world. Arabs are actually a small minority among the Muslims.
The second main point covers the notion of religion as understood by Muslims. It is not just a matter that is restricted to the basic rituals or religious observations but rather an all-encompassing notion. Religion is a way of life that includes the social, economic and political aspects of life and it’s all integrated.
The third point that was discussed is the meaning of the term Islam itself. It is an attributive title. It is not just a name that is derived from the name of a person, a place, or locality. It is a name that carries within itself the meaning of Islam. The word Islam means, in Arabic, to achieve inner and outer peace as well as peace in the community and the world at large by SUBMITTING ONESELF TO THE WILL OF GOD AND THE OBEDIENCE OF HIS COMMAND. Within this kind of basic definition of Islam, following the path of God, we said that all PROPHETS, throughout history actually preached the same kind of basic Islam and that it was simply fulfilled and completed with the advent of Prophet Mohammed. We concluded not only that Mohammedanism is a mistaken and offensive name for Islam but the fact that all the prophets were brothers, preaching for the same God, and those who sincerely follow them are also regarded as following the same basic path of Islam.
The fourth point went over the definition of a Muslim. Based on the definition of Islam we can say that A MUSLIM IS ONE WHO COMMITS HIS SELF TO LIVE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TEACHINGS, COMMANDS, AND GUIDANCE OF GOD as derived from the revelation. Being a Muslim is not just a title that someone can claim or pay lip service to. A true Muslim is one who actively follows the path of Islam.
The fifth and final point covered in the last lecture that may have some bearing in the coming lecture is this universal outlook of Islam towards prophets and towards followers of other faiths would provide a very good foundation, a very good beginning, to remove or demolish the barriers of fanaticism, prejudice and stereotypes which are sometimes propagated by mistaken sources which prevents the Islamic faith in its true perspective. This should provide, hopefully, more cooperation between the various people following different prophets (who are all considered Muslims in Islam) for the good of all.
http://jamalbadawi.org/index.php...
What Jamal Badawi does not tell us is that if you do not accept Mohammad as the final messenger of Allah and read the shahadah, there is no hope for salvation. Islam isn't as accomodating as Badawi makes it out to be. When says submitting oneself to the obedience of god's command, I want to ask which command? The one laid out in Torah, Bible, or the Koran? I would like to discuss this further but I have to leave.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171848 Apr 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Please note the words "right to become". It doesn't say that they automatically become children of G-d; only that they have the right to do so. This states that there is something more that is required.
Your type of Christian believes that all you have to do is pay lip service to Jesus and you will be "saved". Nothing more is required. You have the "get out of jail free card." You can lead a reprehensible life but if you accept Jesus on your death bed, all is forgiven.
That's not the way it works. You have to pay more than lip service to G-d. You are not a child of G-d. Your posts prove it.
You are an ignorant fool.
You shot your mouth off with understanding how a Christian becomes a child of God.

Accepting Jesus as Gods Son is just the beginning, being reborn with water and the Spirit of baptism inters one into the family of God.
And one has to change his former ways and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior through the Church.
Their is a marriage covenant between Jesus and the Church.
The Church is called The Bride of Christ, as Christ is the Head of the Church, the sacraments of the Church are apart of the personal relationship with Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
If you want to know more, then visit a Church and talk to a priest or pastor of a Church.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171849 Apr 14, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson was right, it is a fable. All this crucifiction, resurrection, son of god, & virgin birth is all balls.
rabbee: it may have become mythicized, by the writting of alleged as men. but i can assure you, that the always virgin birth of Adam with a surrogate Mother is no fable.

and it is no fable, that Adam is always resurrected as adam and his mate. this after his being put to death, on the tree of life for adam and chaooah to be returned.

since that errant name jesus, has you all gone franken-brain dead. and it has all just, been happening again here in TheTorah from TheG-D of Only TheTorah.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171850 Apr 14, 2013
Correction - You shot your mouth off without understanding how a Christian becomes a child of God.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171851 Apr 14, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is a stupid comment.
Islam and Judaism work mainly on the principle that "messengers" bring message from God.
There is a substantial difference between Islam and Judaism... Hebrews prophets didn't need to stress the audience by repeating every time YHVH is your god and Moses is his messenger, or... Isaiah is his messenger. Nor the Hebrews went to war and convert others into their religion.

The rest is same sht.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>When prophets and messengers bring messages, only an idiot would want to talk to God!!
Either you believe in God or you don't!
If you believe in God you will believe in the Prophet who has brought a clear message to the followers.
If you don't believe in god, you won't be listening to the prophet anyway.
LOL

First off the only idiots that I know are the ones who believe without questioning or ask for evidences.

Second off You created a wrong sentence to make a point. You called them prophets and messengers of god, giving for sure they are that. I go a step back and say prove that you are what you claim to be. That is nothing to do with faith.

Third off how do you know that these people are prophets and messengers of god? Do you believe blindly to anyone that tells I am a messenger of god or you require proof?
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>By definition you can't "see" God.
Actually there is no common definition of god, thus you are so wrong as always.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171852 Apr 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the person who can't determine whether an embellishment has occurred.
You are the one that first used the word embellishment, I just expanded on that word [embellishment] in explaining that Jesus is the Son of God.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171853 Apr 14, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not God.
So stop talking like one.
Talking like god? LOL

But aren't we all pointing out the absurdity of religious book, and all the flaws a god of a religion has to prove our points?

In Islam Allah has a book where he record all the creatures he made.

Why an omniscient and almighty god records what he has created?

And above all why this omniscient and almighty god known as Allah need to record things, he created, in a book?

WTF of god you believe in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web