Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171747 Apr 13, 2013
MUQ Correction:
So you see MUQ, Muhammad disobeyed Gods command.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171748 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That's right.
I don't advocate the unjust killing of anyone, but Muslims do unjustly kill those that reject Muhammad as a prophet from God.
I was not discussing killing by Christians or Muslims. I wrote this:

We do not see any transformation in your life. You are getting worse.

According to you, the mind of a Christian is the mind of Jesus, so I believe that I am 100% right in saying that Jesus' mind is the mind of Shamma. Right?

Now, that puts Jesus in a very different class. I mean in your class.
bmz

Location hidden

#171749 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are uneducated on Scripture in the Bible.
Sharia law violates God command that women are equal to man.
"So The Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, He took one of the man's ribs [also translated took part of the man's side] and closed up the place with flesh. Then The Lord God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." (Genesis 2:21-24)
God did not pronounce women to be less equal to man when God created Eve from Adam's rib."
Then came in Paul and wrote in 1Corinthians: "34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. "

Equality of women by Paul? My foot!
bmz

Location hidden

#171750 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
“You have heard that it was said,‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ "
Another lie and forgery in Matthew.

We have heard but when and where it was said? Quote the Scripture!
bmz

Location hidden

#171751 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The Bible makes the direct claim that Jesus is the Son of God.1 Many others, including the disciples,2 a Roman Centurion,3 angels,4 demons5, John the Baptist,6 Martha,7 Saul (Paul),8 and the Ethiopian Eunich9 make the same claim. Others said that Jesus Himself made the claim to be the Son of God.10 The gospel accounts also indicate that Jesus Himself made the statement or acknowledged that He was the Son of God many times.
Another lie and bull shit!

Claiming that the Bible claims, is absurd. The man himself should eb on record for saying something
himself.

We do not have Jesus saying anywhere, "I am the Son of God". Jesus knew that Hebrew and Aramaic did not have capital letters. So,'the Son' is out.

It is laughable to present demons and the Centurion as attesters to his being the son of God.

Stop making silly claims.
Asif Iqbal

Dallas, TX

#171752 Apr 13, 2013
jimmie c boswell wrote:
well it is true, that calling HaShem G-D anything other than what is given in TheTorah, is the forbidden art of witchraft of altering TheTorah. and there is no allah name mentioned in TheTorah. and you cannot even call YHVH, yaweh cause that is not how YeHOO VHee (Redemption is HE And SHE is pronounced. this according to TheOUR IMAGE of G-D, always given to Adam in the first comming of Adam. and not revealed unto always the second of adam here in always TheTorah, from TheG-D of Only and Always TheTorah is unceasingly now. and TheG-D of Only TheTorah does not give the koran to Moshe. shalomcha vshalomech???,?...
Spread of Islam
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about followers of the Islamic faith. For territories under Muslim rule, see Muslim conquests. For religions conversion to Islam, see Religious conversion.
The Spread of Islam began when prophet Muhammad (570 - 632) started preaching the revelation he received from God at the age of 40 . During his lifetime the Muslim ummah was established inArabia by way of their conversion or allegiance to Islam. In the first centuries conversion to Islamfollowed the rapid growth of the Muslim world created by the conquests of the Rashidun andUmayyad Caliphs.
Muslim dynasties were soon established and subsequent empires such as those of the Abbasids,Fatimids, Almoravids, Seljukids, Ajuuraan, Adal and Warsangali in Somalia, Mughals in India andSafavids in Persia and Ottomans were among the largest and most powerful in the world. The people of the Islamic world created numerous sophisticated centers of culture and science with far-reaching mercantile networks, travelers, scientists, hunters, mathematicians, doctors and philosophers, all of whom contributed to the Golden Age of Islam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_of_Islam
Across Europe, Worries on Islam Spread to Center
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/11/world/europ...
By DAN BILEFSKY and IAN FISHER

Location hidden

#171753 Apr 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie and bull shit!
Claiming that the Bible claims, is absurd. The man himself should eb on record for saying something
himself.
We do not have Jesus saying anywhere, "I am the Son of God". Jesus knew that Hebrew and Aramaic did not have capital letters. So,'the Son' is out.
It is laughable to present demons and the Centurion as attesters to his being the son of God.
Stop making silly claims.
You have to lie. You are a Muhammadan.
Muslims must lie to cover up Muhammad's lies.
Scripture shows Jesus is the Son of God.

Mark says it at the outset of his gospel (1:1).

The angel told Mary her child would be the Son of God (Luke 1:35).

John the Baptist said the same thing (John 1:34).

Nathanael said it (John 1:49).

Martha believed it (John 11:27).

The centurion said so (Matthew 27:54).

Jesus claimed that He said so (John 10:36).

Jesus clearly implies it in John 11:4.

The demons called Jesus the Son of God (Matthew 8:29; Luke 4:41; Mark 3:11).

The charge against Jesus was that He claimed to be the Son of God (Matthew 27:43; John 19:7), a claim He never denied, and virtually admitted (Luke 22:70).

The Gospel of John was written to convince the reader that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31).

Why, you might ask, does Jesus not say so plainly. I think the answer is found in Matthew 16:15-17:

15 He said to them,“And who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him,“You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven!”(Matthew 16:15-17).

Jesus did not want Peter and His disciples to believe He was the Son of God just because He said so.Jesus He wanted God the Father to bring them to this conclusion, based upon the overwhelming evidence of Scripture and our Lord’s life and teaching.

Location hidden

#171754 Apr 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie and forgery in Matthew.
We have heard but when and where it was said? Quote the Scripture!
You have to lie. You are a Muhammadan.

The angel told Mary her child would be the Son of God (Luke 1:35).

John the Baptist said the same thing (John 1:34).

Nathanael said it (John 1:49).

Martha believed it (John 11:27).

The centurion said so (Matthew 27:54).

Jesus claimed that He said so (John 10:36).

Jesus clearly implies it in John 11:4.

The demons called Jesus the Son of God (Matthew 8:29; Luke 4:41; Mark 3:11).

The charge against Jesus was that He claimed to be the Son of God (Matthew 27:43; John 19:7), a claim He never denied, and virtually admitted (Luke 22:70).

The Gospel of John was written to convince the reader that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31).

Why, you might ask, does Jesus not say so plainly. I think the answer is found in Matthew 16:15-17:

15 He said to them,“And who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him,“You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven!”(Matthew 16:15-17).

Jesus did not want Peter and His disciples to believe He was the Son of God just because He said so.Jesus He wanted God the Father to bring them to this conclusion, based upon the overwhelming evidence of Scripture and our Lord’s life and teaching.

Location hidden

#171755 Apr 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then came in Paul and wrote in 1Corinthians: "34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. "
Equality of women by Paul? My foot!
Silence in the Churches did not mean they were unequal to man,
Women were a big part of evangelizing for the Church.
Mary went out evangelizing with the disciples, the wives of the Apostles also evangelized for the Church.

Submission to their husbands is the natural law of married men and women.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#171756 Apr 13, 2013
Rasool wrote:
Allah says: I could have easily saved them but I decided instead to populate hell with them....Why do people worship this nasty trickster?
Good question. Allah is just a pawn in the game. Mohammad realized that he couldn't refer to himself as god, so he choose the next option ie messenger/prophet. If you delve into Koran, you will realize that its not just about accepting Allah, its Allah and his Messenger. And ofcourse, Mohammad supersedes all other messengers.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#171757 Apr 13, 2013
|When I make claims such as my moral values being superior to Allah's, muslims jump like monkeys.

Here we have a deity who is desperate for worship. He then goes on to make fatuous statements like "allah guides whomever he wills and leads astray whomever he wills" followed by another stupid statement "No soul can believe, except by the will of God....". And then he expects people to belive that he is the almighty creator. He's not a creator but a con-artist, needing cash in exchange for credit. worship me and acknowledge my messenger and I shall reward you in the next world. There are credulous yoksels who fall into this trap. But there are also those who have said "fuk right off...Islam is a counterfeit doctrine."

Ideologies, whether political, religious, or sectarian, prevent men and women from using their brains and thinking clearly. Subjects thus become veiled by preconceived notions of good and evil. Inculcated love or hatred and fanaticsm or prejudice envelop the person who is being discussed in a fog of unreal imagination as result, they are incapable of objective study of facts. Belief can blunt human reason and common sense.

BTW, its not just Islam, the same can be said about all other religions.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171758 Apr 13, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not worrying. In fact absurd and contradictory statements like these strengthens my conviction about Islam being a counterfeit document.
Can you produce ONE solid original document as old as Quran.
Otherwise shut up and move on.
You never explained what "7th CE" was!!!
Is there such a word?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171760 Apr 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Shit!
Enjoy this:
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/34...
First, you built a religion based on lies and then went after others, who did not believe in the man-made religion Christianity.
Blood was always forbidden to Hebrews and Jews and still remains forbidden. They knew that three thousand plus years before Christianity. They even drain all the blood from meat and only then it becomes kosher.
Ever read Leviticus?
Cannot trust anything that you liars say!
Stop lying! We have already heard plenty of lies and are completely bored of your lies.
You are correct,bro..
This is yet another crazy allegation against the JEWS by the mangod worshipping pagans.
That's why I keep reminding them of RAW flesh and FRESH blood of BJ that is OBVIOUSLY forbidden to the true monotheists - JEWS and Muslims.
bmz

Location hidden

#171761 Apr 13, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
|When I make claims such as my moral values being superior to Allah's, muslims jump like monkeys.
No, we do not jump and in fact we never did because we consider you a monkey or an ape, who frolics on this thread.

We do not even know how moral you are and what moral values do you have.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171763 Apr 13, 2013
Asif Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
These are some of the other Evils which kills the society…….
Untouchability :(The fifth class in the Indian caste system which was not taken in count. These are the people in the ancient time are those who do not fit in to Four category of cast Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaishanav and Shudra. These people are Untouchables because they donot fit in four category of society and they do dirty jobs for there living like sweeping, and scavenging (which sometimes involves handling dead bodies)
rabbee: but never the less, they are all doing as commanded by G-D. what this world is commanded to do, for not being mentally true to G-D. is never going to be the same as we, would be commanded to do for being true to G-D.

disbelief of G-D, does not keep you safe. from the pestilence, plague, and famine, that only G-D can command to happen. blaiming and only treating the symptoms of disbelief of G-D, does not cure the disbelief.

and only describing what is, not true to G-D. does not ever describe what is true to G-D here in TheTorah Happening again. i do not need examples, of what is not true to G-D. there is a whole world of examples, of not being true to G-D.

not even you, are an example of how to be true to G-D. here in this story of the physical creation, all happening again. i do not need to see, any more of your or anyone elses example as an atheist of the first kind.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171764 Apr 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we do not jump and in fact we never did because we consider you a monkey or an ape, who frolics on this thread.
We do not even know how moral you are and what moral values do you have.
Absolutely!
When a person says such stupid things he needs help from a psychiatrist.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171765 Apr 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right Brother, if Allah WILLED, He would have made every one a believer, then there would be no test, then why would He create Humans and gave them choice?
He already angels for that!!
And the choice to follow right path was not that difficult as Millions of true followers of true prophets have demonstrated over all ages.
So those who "chose to reject" the message of prophets, did by their own and they cannot blame Allah for that!!
The message of Islam is presented to both Mr. Mahmood, and Mr. Alex..... Mr. Mahmood chose to reject it and Mr. Alex accepted it"
Why should we blame Allah for that? You get what you choose, you pay for your choices.
Thank you Brother Alex.
Salaam
MUQ
So are you calling out the free will?

Quran 6:39
... Whomever Allah wills - He leaves astray; and whomever He wills - He puts him on a straight path.

Quran 2:7 Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.

Quran 10:100 And it is not for a soul to believe except by permission of Allah , and He will place defilement upon those who will not use reason.

Is this the islamic concept of free will you were talking about? The last verse makes no sense because it says one believes only if Allah permits to, but then this god will punish those who doesn't.

In other words punishment is used as instrument to scare the unbelievers (that is the thing they have to REASON upon) and then if they are scared they will convert and convertion is masked as Allah's will/permission.
bmz

Location hidden

#171766 Apr 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You have to lie. You are a Muhammadan.

Muslims never lie.

That the scripture show Jesus is the Son of God is really Horse Shit.

That Mark says it at the outset of his gospel (1:1) is Bull Shit.

Some manuscripts do not have the forgery Son of God. This is confirmed by BibleGateway. See footnote a at : http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

"Mark 1:1 Other ancient authorities omit the Son of God "

What kind of scripture is that some omit the forgeries and some add in the forgeries?

What we have in your Bible are, Great Omissions and Great Insertions. Lies upon lies and nothing but lies.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171767 Apr 13, 2013
Asif Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
Spread of Islam
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about followers of the Islamic faith. For territories under Muslim rule, see Muslim conquests. For religions conversion to Islam, see Religious conversion.
The Spread of Islam began when prophet Muhammad (570 - 632) started preaching the revelation he received from God at the age of 40 . During his lifetime the Muslim ummah was established inArabia by way of their conversion or allegiance to Islam. In the first centuries conversion to Islamfollowed the rapid growth of the Muslim world created by the conquests of the Rashidun andUmayyad Caliphs.
Muslim dynasties were soon established and subsequent empires such as those of the Abbasids,Fatimids, Almoravids, Seljukids, Ajuuraan, Adal and Warsangali in Somalia, Mughals in India andSafavids in Persia and Ottomans were among the largest and most powerful in the world. The people of the Islamic world created numerous sophisticated centers of culture and science with far-reaching mercantile networks, travelers, scientists, hunters, mathematicians, doctors and philosophers, all of whom contributed to the Golden Age of Islam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_of_Islam
Across Europe, Worries on Islam Spread to Center
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/11/world/europ...
By DAN BILEFSKY and IAN FISHER
rabbee: do not care what any muslem, christian, buddist, jew, russian, french, wickedpedia, or chinese relgions say is true. i only care what G-D, actually came and said to me that is really true.

you are not going to cure, the problems caused by disbelief. if you are, the problem of disbelief. as far as G-D and i are concerned, islamism is no better than the idolaterous religion of north koreanism today.
bmz

Location hidden

#171768 Apr 13, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
When a person says such stupid things he needs help from a psychiatrist.
Salaams, bro

I like to explain but when I see internet Junkies are unable to grasp, it is best to let them do frolicking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... 23 hr Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan 3 John 1
King Tut's Dagger was Made From a Meteorite Jan 3 John 1
Grid Gardens Dec '17 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov '17 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
More from around the web