Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254782 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#171404 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not one.
The reason you muztards refuse to denounce the above evils is because you wantonly partake of them in obedience to the false prophet mo.
So much for islam being misinterpreted.
That was wonderful, seeing you call yourself a Muztard.
bmz

Singapore

#171405 Apr 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I wrote:
"It's clear that Skeptic doesn't even understand what a poster says... I rarely talk with him and those few occasion that he doesn't bother to addresss to the problem I posed but to something close to it, or like few hours ago he answered me with a post copied somewhere without centering the point. In the past he had trouble with pantheism and panentheism. Recall it?"
The subject is Skeptic, not Shamma. You stated you aren't Skeptic. So why then you bothering to answer to questions direct to other people?
Thank you and I agree with you on above assessment.

BMZ

PS to Shamma: See I agreed with Stefano, because he wrote a good post. If you manage to write a good one, one fine day, I will agree with you too. However, you cannot expect me to agree with the absurdities such as the vain doctrines of the Church and false beliefs.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171406 Apr 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true and a correct assessment.
There was book written by a presbyter and published by a Church in the US back in the Eightees. I had read it but I have forgotten the title.
It was something like "How to discuss Christianity with Muslims?"
The 'best' advice given was: Instead of answering a Muslim's questions, keep on asking more questions.
I bet Hughbe read it

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171407 Apr 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You must get paid to agree with BmZ.
You have a perfect record of agreeing with BMZ.
Silly comment

Are you such a dunce that you didnt notice the plenty of times where we have clashed views on Israel, Syria, or Iran?

Rather than criticizing me for agreeing, why dont you deconstruct my logic? Or even better, offer a logic of your own?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171408 Apr 10, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Stuck his foot in his mouth, how? Your Coran is just as apocryphal as the Bible or the Vedas (whatever the Hindu scripture is called).
Doom Ham....
You said "7th CE" ...
What does "7th CE" mean?

Thank you.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171409 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was an ATHEIST who admired the brutality of islam.
Albert Speer quotes Hitler stating, "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"
Now answer the question you muz scum.
Are you going to denounce terrorism or denounce paedophilia or denounce the abuse of women or denounce tyranny???
hey clueless cesspool wriggler....
You still don't get it do you??

***Your nazi master hitler was an Atheist was he?
Why was he re enacting the "messiah in the temple" scene even with his whip chasing off the Jews from Germany his temple?

Have you ever read mein kampf?

Even the "judah" signs are from your loving Christian forefathers who persecuted the Jews.

***Your nasty nazi master hitler was a Christian who thought he was messiah along with millions of christian germans who thought the same!

It quite funny, we can't find many germans today with nazi grand parents!!!

***Now let's get back to your discredited "only begotten son of god".

This blows your claim into smithereens!!

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ANSWER ANY QUESTION PROPERLY, I HAVE INSERTED THE ANSWERS....NOW CHALLENGE THEM PROPERLY..IF YOU DARE..LOL..

Will Jews say the absurd things attributed to them in your "unholy" books...if a "messiah" applicant actually comes forward TODAY?
The answer is NO!!

Will the Jewish Elders of TODAY ask any messiah candidate the following ABSURD questions:

"Are you the Messiah who is our L-rd G-d?" NO!

"Are you the Messiah, THE only begotten Son of G-d?" NO

"Are you the Messiah who is fully man and fully G-d"? NO

"Are you the Messiah who is our G-d in human form who has come to die on a cross for the gentiles?" NO

Thanks to them we can blow your claims away....!

YOU MASTER HITLER.....THE CHRISTIAN...
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people." –Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171410 Apr 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Hughbe read it
wrong, as usual.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171411 Apr 10, 2013
Hitler Was a Christian

The Holocaust was caused by Christian fundamentalism:

History is currently being DISTORTED the millions of Christians who LIE to have us believe that the Holocaust was not a Christian deed. Through SUBTERFUGE and CONCEALMENT, many of today’s Church leaders and faithful Christians have CAMOUFLAGED the CHRISTIANITY OF Adolf HITLER and have attempted to mark him an atheist, a pagan cult worshipper, or a false Christian in order to place his misdeeds on those with out Jesus.

However, from the earliest formation of the Nazi party and throughout the period of conquest and growth, HITLER EXPRESSED HIS CHRISTIAN SUPPORT to the German citizenry and soldiers. Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and chat rooms.

Has Christianity thus far been INCAPABLE of producing an unbiased, educated follower who speaks the truth?

When you study the dirty deeds of the Nazi regime and their tactics, a Christian "may" begin to question what their clergy told them.

It is common for American media and education institutions to lie to their citizens concerning Nazi Germany.)

We need to consider it in four parts:
1) Facts about Hitler and his involvement with the Church.

2) How the Church was the catalyst for anti- Semitism.

3) Facts concerning how the Nazi regime drilled these beliefs into Germanic society.

4) Quotes Hitler made which prove he had a disdain for atheism/occultism, upheld his Christian faith, and hated Jews due to his Christianity.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#171412 Apr 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have I explained to you that people did not even need a compiled copy of Qur'aan. There was no compiled Qur'aan in the form of a book.
And fools come up with Ayesha's Qur'aan, Hafsa's Qur'aan, Ali's Qur'an and the hardcore "Evangelist's and polemicists' " Qur'aan, where the highly educated goat came, picked up the copy and chewed up only one verse after foing through the pages.
Thousands of people recited it day and night.
You keep on writing like a true internet junkie, who posts silly and idiotic remarks.
How many Surahs could you recite off your memory, when you were a Muslim?
That is why we reject silly and absurd remarks of yours.
How do you know what people recited back then? And where did you get the idea that thousands would recite the Koran day and night? Why was the Koran written as book eventually when thousands of people could recite it day and night? The Koran by it's own admission claims to be a book (2:02) and you are contradicting the Koran.

I memorized a couple of verses when I was muslim. I had a written copy of the Koran on hand and I would read the verses over and over again until I had it memorized. What a stupid question you are asking. I tell you what, find me a copy of the Koran written during the lifetime of Mohammad before making all kinds of dubious claims. You are pointing fingures at all those polemicists and evangelists while your own assumptions are fraught with heresay. At those polemicists rely on spurious Islamic traditions but you have a habit of cooking up your own.
Kristijan Golubovic

Punchbowl, Australia

#171413 Apr 10, 2013
jimmie c boswell wrote:
well it is true, that calling HaShem G-D anything other than what is given in TheTorah, is the forbidden art of witchraft of altering TheTorah. and there is no allah name mentioned in TheTorah. and you cannot even call YHVH, yaweh cause that is not how YeHOO VHee (Redemption is HE And SHE is pronounced. this according to TheOUR IMAGE of G-D, always given to Adam in the first comming of Adam. and not revealed unto always the second of adam here in always TheTorah, from TheG-D of Only and Always TheTorah is unceasingly now. and TheG-D of Only TheTorah does not give the koran to Moshe. shalomcha vshalomech???,?...
Allah is the god of pigs.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171414 Apr 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and I agree with you on above assessment.
BMZ
PS to Shamma: See I agreed with Stefano, because he wrote a good post. If you manage to write a good one, one fine day, I will agree with you too. However, you cannot expect me to agree with the absurdities such as the vain doctrines of the Church and false beliefs.
I agree with you for agreeing with a writer of a sensible/good post!!!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171415 Apr 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is one.
Good.
Now sing it from the rooftops so that all muztards can hear. We'll see how long you live.
Not many rooftops are left in some muslim countries after "allied carpet/cluster/depleted radio active element bombings"!!!!

Are you a roofer by any chance dear cesspool dweller?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171416 Apr 10, 2013
Kristijan Golubovic wrote:
<quoted text>Allah is the god of pigs.
Hello aussie fool....

Your BJ the butt naked mangod clown who is dangling off a phallic called the Gentiles "DOGS and PIGS".

Are you saying that God should not look after Gentiles? LOL...
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171417 Apr 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>How can that be Alex.
Allah is not a spirit.
You are trying to define a God with out believing in God.
The Quran does not define what Allah is.
So how can you interpret the NT scripture when you cannot even interpret the God of the Quran?
Your interpretations do not match the teaching of Jesus whom is the author of the Gospels.
Define the essence and nature of Allah as recorded in the Quran?
Show Quran scripture form the Quran that matches the scripture in the NT?
Firstly, the NT contains many "errors" and "non-truths".

You are unable to accept that ALLAH is THE GOD referred to in ARABIC Bible.

You already agreed with it several posts ago.
So what is your problem?

We KNOW our GOD.
We know our GOD is not a butt naked man.

This is our simple test...that I have given several times before...

The touch stone...is..

GOD, the One and Only;
GOD, the Eternal, Absolute;
GOD, begetteth not nor is GOD begotten;
There is none like unto GOD.

Very simple.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171418 Apr 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is your stupidity.
What does it mean that Jesus is God's only begotten son?
Question: "What does it mean that Jesus is God's only begotten son?"
Answer: The phrase “only begotten Son” occurs in John 3:16, which reads in the King James Version as, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten."
It's this last phrase ("only begotten" used in the KJV, NASB and the NKJV) that causes problems. False teachers have latched onto this phrase to try to prove their false teaching that Jesus Christ isn't God; i.e., that Jesus isn't equal in essence to God as the Second Person of the Trinity. They see the word "begotten" and say that Jesus is a created being because only someone who had a beginning in time can be "begotten." What this fails to note is that "begotten" is an English translation of a Greek word. As such, we have to look at the original meaning of the Greek word, not transfer English meanings into the text.
So what does monogenes mean? According to the Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BAGD, 3rd Edition), monogenes has two primary definitions. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship." This is the meaning attached to its use in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son." Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of the covenant.
The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16. In fact, John is the only New Testament writer who uses this word in reference to Jesus (see John 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 John 4:9). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31), and he uses this word to highlight Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters through faith.
The bottom line is that terms such as "Father" and "Son," that are descriptive of God and Jesus, are human terms used to help us understand the relationship between the different Persons of the Trinity. If you can understand the relationship between a human father and a human son, then you can understand, in part, the relationship between the First and Second Persons of the Trinity. The analogy breaks down if you try to take it too far and teach, as some Christian cults (such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses), that Jesus was literally "begotten" as in “produced” or “created” by God the Father.
Which of course is a Jehovah witness falsehood.
oh dear....cut paste blah..blah..
Why did many eminent chappies decide to get rid of "the only begotten" cr*p?
bmz

Singapore

#171419 Apr 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Silly comment

Are you such a dunce that you didnt notice the plenty of times where we have clashed views on Israel, Syria, or Iran?

Rather than criticizing me for agreeing, why dont you deconstruct my logic? Or even better, offer a logic of your own?
Good, you brought that up. He will refuse to recollect.
bmz

Singapore

#171420 Apr 10, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, the NT contains many "errors" and "non-truths".
You are unable to accept that ALLAH is THE GOD referred to in ARABIC Bible.
You already agreed with it several posts ago.
So what is your problem?
We KNOW our GOD.
We know our GOD is not a butt naked man.
This is our simple test...that I have given several times before...
The touch stone...is..
GOD, the One and Only;
GOD, the Eternal, Absolute;
GOD, begetteth not nor is GOD begotten;
There is none like unto GOD.
Very simple.
Trinitarian Christianity will have at least one leg to stand upon, only if it rejects the unholy Trinity
and renounce all doctrines!
bmz

Singapore

#171421 Apr 10, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what people recited back then? And where did you get the idea that thousands would recite the Koran day and night? Why was the Koran written as book eventually when thousands of people could recite it day and night? The Koran by it's own admission claims to be a book (2:02) and you are contradicting the Koran.
I memorized a couple of verses when I was muslim. I had a written copy of the Koran on hand and I would read the verses over and over again until I had it memorized. What a stupid question you are asking. I tell you what, find me a copy of the Koran written during the lifetime of Mohammad before making all kinds of dubious claims. You are pointing fingures at all those polemicists and evangelists while your own assumptions are fraught with heresay. At those polemicists rely on spurious Islamic traditions but you have a habit of cooking up your own.
There you go again and write foolishly, "I tell you what, find me a copy of the Koran written during the lifetime of Mohammad before making all kinds of dubious claims."

I had just reminded you that there was no copy of a compiled Qur'aan during the life of the Prophet.

if there were, then it would be absurd of all polemicists to accuse Uthman of burning 'Qur'aans'.

Polemicists rely on spurious and dubious quotes from fools like Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Hisham, Ibn Sa'aad, Tabari and other tale collectors.

Raed all the notorious polemicists like Sir William Muir, George Sale, Sam Shamoun, Robert Spencer, Geert Wilders, Silas, Ali Sina, Ibn Warraq and others. You will find those ignorant fools quoting from those fools and liars, I named.
Carl Michael

London, UK

#171422 Apr 10, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
Hitler Was a Christian
Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and chat rooms.
Has Christianity thus far been INCAPABLE of producing an unbiased, educated follower who speaks the truth?
When you study the dirty deeds of the Nazi regime and their tactics, a Christian "may" begin to question what their clergy told them.
It is common for American media and education institutions to lie to their citizens concerning Nazi Germany.)
We need to consider it in four parts:
1) Facts about Hitler and his involvement with the Church.
2) How the Church was the catalyst for anti- Semitism.
3) Facts concerning how the Nazi regime drilled these beliefs into Germanic society.
4) Quotes Hitler made which prove he had a disdain for atheism/occultism, upheld his Christian faith, and hated Jews due to his Christianity.
Dear uneducated Woggy,

Hitler may call himself Christian as long as he wanted, this doesnt mean Christianity caused or was the root of Nazism. There is no need to blame that religion. In the other hand if a Muslim takes some passages from Koran and declare war to someone, as often happens, then the fault goes also to the religion.

Hitler claimed to be the Messiah. Golliwog, which religion you want to blame for it, Christianity or Judaism?

What's the implication of the Roman Catholic Church with Nazism?
Before coming to power in January of 1933, Hitler wrote about his reaction to Berlin on his first visit there: "The luxury, the perversion, the iniquity, the wanton display, and the Jewish materialism [of Berlin’s commercial district] disgusted me so thoroughly that I was almost beside myself," Hitler recalled. "I nearly imagined myself to be Jesus Christ when he came to his Father’s temple and found it full of money-changers. I can well imagine how he felt when he seized a whip and scourged them out."
When Hitler compared himself to Jesus, he was proclaiming his own divinity. Knowing as we do that Hitler’s ambitions were eventually blown to smithereens, it’s hard for us to realize how many Germans considered him a supernatural being.

Except for the tabloids, the international media tended to downplay his most grandiose claims. But the Vatican understood how important it was to talk back to Hitler on the divinity issue. In 1937, Pope Pius XI issued an official letter entitled "With Burning Heart" that scorned Hitler for his claims to godhood.

At a time when people throughout the world still believed Hitler to be a progressive force, the Catholic Church condemned him as a dangerous villain. It denounced the chief Nazi for his racism and attacked Hitler for "placing himself on the same level as Christ." Effectively summarizing Hitler’s personality, the Church labeled him "a mad prophet possessed of repulsive arrogance."

Thus did Pope Pius call for the downfall of the German dictator. However, Pius XI did not want to publically speak against Hitler because Hitler was already sending many Catholics to the concentration camps and he felt public speaking would endanger Catholics more. Instead he worked from the back end, spearheading the largest "underground railroad" (to get Jews out of Germany) in WW II. Many Catholic priests did speak in the pulpet against Hitler even when they faced arrest and death and many Catholic families hid Jewish families to save them from the Nazi terror.
When Hitler first came to power, some churches were with him, but soon many became disgusted with his methods. Ministers who preached against Hitler were arrested and taken to concentration camps. But Hitler especially hated Catholics - perhaps because he knew Pope Pius XI was in the background helping hundeds of Jews to safety or perhaps because Hitler had been expelled from Catholic elementary school. Whatever the case, it is estimated that 1 million Catholics died in concentration camps and many convents and monastaries were despoiled and worse.
bmz

Singapore

#171423 Apr 10, 2013
Title:

John explored, investigated and corrected

John 1:1 should now read:

"In the beginning there was nothing and the only word was God. There was only God in the beginning."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8,000-year-old female figurine uncovered in cen... Sep 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News On the canvas: Museum digs up modern collection Sep 15 Albert 1
News Dore Gold: Archaeology is best defense of Jewis... Sep 13 naman 2
News Pioneers' graves to be relocated (Jul '07) Sep 12 ima hoosier 187
News Editorial: Return of Native American remains em... Sep 6 really 1
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug '16 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug '16 daredevil82 2
More from around the web