Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255958 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171304 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
From the traditions of the Jews.
The history of Muhammad and jinn devils.
Muhammad borrowed much of his folk lore from Jewish scripture.
I can see why you believe their Allah Satan god is the god of the Jews.
LMAO!
http://www.inthenameofallah.org/Jinn%20&%...
Earth to Planet Skeptic

I dont care what Islam has to say on the subject.

Location hidden

#171305 Apr 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw your post and incorrectly assumed many things including that YOU knew the answer to my question to YOU.
Thank you for admitting you goofed.

I goof all the time too.

My hope is that someday Skeptic will acknowledge his goofs someday too.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171306 Apr 9, 2013
reader should be made aware of the following extremely relevant facts:

1 The concept of the Jinn was a pagan Arabian one before Muhammad ISLAMIZED it.

2 The concept of Satan/Shaytan was plagiarized by Muhammad - like most of the others in his Quran - from the traditions of the Jews and Christians.

3 The Torah does not mention either the Jinn or Satan as part of God's creation; the concept of Satan is post Biblical.

4 The word SATAN is Hebrew in origin meaning ADVERSARY - and definitely NOT Arabic - and it first appears in the Bible regarding King Hadad of Damascus who was Solomon's adversary/satan as in I Kings 11:14. This word appears also in
I Samuel 29:4; II Samuel 19:23 & Numbers 22:22.

5 The idea that Satan is an evil entity contadicting the will of the Almighty is no where to be found in the Hebrew Bible.

6 In the course of time - in the tradition of the Jews and later the Christians- Satan came to mean pre-eminently the Adversary, the incarnation of all evil, whose thoughts and activities are devoted to the destruction of man.

7 And last but NOT least, in reality, Satan is mankind's Evil Impulse, the lower passions which hinder man's pursuit of the nobler things in life.

In Legends of the Jews (Ginzberg I:63), regarding extra canonical tradtions of the Jews, that preceded Muhammad by several centuries, it is reported that Satan
- the greatest of the angels with twelve wings instead of the usual six - refused to bow down to Adam when God instructed him to do so because of his envy; saying :

" Thou didst create us angels from the splendour of the Sekhina (the spirit of the Almighty), and now thou dost command us to cast ourselves down before the creature which Thou didst fashion out of the dust of the ground!"

Satan and the other angels are endowed with the ability to consume their victims with fire.The Quran uses this story almost verbatim in its verses
(2:34; 18:50)***

22:52 Never did We send an apostle or a prophet before thee but when he framed a desire Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom:

*** The Quran is obviously wrong yet again, since there is not a single incident in the whole of the Hebrew Bible wherein there is mention of any of the Hebrew Prophets being seduced by Satan.

Muhammad CREATED this verse in his Quran to cover up the fact that he, in a moment of weakness, allowed OTHER gods to be associates with Allah thus making him (Muhammad) a MUSHRIK.

He naturally accused the eternally invisible, but easy to blame perfect entity, Satan, of having put the famous/ infanous SATANIC VERSES on his lips ***

Location hidden

#171307 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth to Planet Skeptic
I dont care what Islam has to say on the subject.
I can see why, you want to remain ignorant so you can ignorantly criticize me and feel ignorantly good about your self.
LMAO!

The Muslims own you Frijolie Ha Ha Ha.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171308 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
Not that I would bother to respond to all of that, but I never professed to be a literalist. Skeptic, on the other hand, has.
That is what I take him to task. Apparently your own predjudice towards Jewish people has blinded you to the lesson I am teaching him
You are one NASTY lying POS. I entered a conversation not thinking about anything beyond what I asked one CRUFF i.e. YOU and look at the level you have taken it you, Judahite.

Judaism is POISON and you are a good representative of it, NASTINESS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171309 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for admitting you goofed.
I goof all the time too.
My hope is that someday Skeptic will acknowledge his goofs someday too.
My goof was to assume that you knew what was in your little mind.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171310 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
Not that I would bother to respond to all of that, but I never professed to be a literalist. Skeptic, on the other hand, has.
That is what I take him to task. Apparently your own predjudice towards Jewish people has blinded you to the lesson I am teaching him
YOU have the mind of a CRIMINAL and a MURDERER and those are FACTS.
You cant hide the truth

Cicero, IL

#171311 Apr 9, 2013
Oh, i should have realized that you only allow ignorant and abrasive comments to be posted by a select few, rather than well thought out and insightful dialogue. I should have expected nothing less from seeing what has been getting posted recently. Islamophobia at its finest, moderate away...

Location hidden

#171312 Apr 9, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 28:18 (longer ending)
And they heard a BOOMING voice from heaven audible in every decibel to all creation while a WHITE dove was descending on the head of BJ...
"YES!! the holy ghost and I agree with my son who is a founder member of our holy trinity"
All is well...BJ is god??
OR... was BJ a total nutcase..making unsubstantiated claims?
OR... were the scribes a bunch of lying "baskets" who copied from Mark's invented/corrupted longer ending with embellishment?
You tell us SKEPTIC please.
It is you Alex that make unsubstantiated claims.
You follow a jinn devil possessed mad man you call your prophet Muhammad.
reader should be made aware of the following extremely relevant facts:

1 The concept of the Jinn was a pagan Arabian one before Muhammad ISLAMIZED it.

2 The concept of Satan/Shaytan was plagiarized by Muhammad - like most of the others in his Quran - from the traditions of the Jews and Christians.

3 The Torah does not mention either the Jinn or Satan as part of God's creation; the concept of Satan is post Biblical.

4 The word SATAN is Hebrew in origin meaning ADVERSARY - and definitely NOT Arabic - and it first appears in the Bible regarding King Hadad of Damascus who was Solomon's adversary/satan as in I Kings 11:14. This word appears also in
I Samuel 29:4; II Samuel 19:23 & Numbers 22:22.

5 The idea that Satan is an evil entity contadicting the will of the Almighty is no where to be found in the Hebrew Bible.

6 In the course of time - in the tradition of the Jews and later the Christians- Satan came to mean pre-eminently the Adversary, the incarnation of all evil, whose thoughts and activities are devoted to the destruction of man.

7 And last but NOT least, in reality, Satan is mankind's Evil Impulse, the lower passions which hinder man's pursuit of the nobler things in life.

In Legends of the Jews (Ginzberg I:63), regarding extra canonical tradtions of the Jews, that preceded Muhammad by several centuries, it is reported that Satan
- the greatest of the angels with twelve wings instead of the usual six - refused to bow down to Adam when God instructed him to do so because of his envy; saying :

" Thou didst create us angels from the splendour of the Sekhina (the spirit of the Almighty), and now thou dost command us to cast ourselves down before the creature which Thou didst fashion out of the dust of the ground!"

Satan and the other angels are endowed with the ability to consume their victims with fire.The Quran uses this story almost verbatim in its verses
(2:34; 18:50)***

22:52 Never did We send an apostle or a prophet before thee but when he framed a desire Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom:

*** The Quran is obviously wrong yet again, since there is not a single incident in the whole of the Hebrew Bible wherein there is mention of any of the Hebrew Prophets being seduced by Satan.

Muhammad CREATED this verse in his Quran to cover up the fact that he, in a moment of weakness, allowed OTHER gods to be associates with Allah thus making him (Muhammad) a MUSHRIK.

He naturally accused the eternally invisible, but easy to blame perfect entity, Satan, of having put the famous/ infanous SATANIC VERSES on his lips ***
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171313 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
HughBe---I was so shocked at your ejaculation that I lost sight of the reason for your LYING personal attack. Nonetheless let me get back on track.

Once again and note YOU said "I EXPECT to be able to see the explanation in the quote" and I/HughBe expect to see YOUR support for your false and LYING doctrine about mothers make people JEWS.

Frijoles--- If you base your argument on scripture quotes, I EXPECT to be able to see the explanation in the quote, or quit yanking our chains here

HughBe--- I find your approach USEFUL. Now apply it to your beliefs. Give me the scripture that says a WOMAN/mother makes YOU a Jew.
Give me the scripture that says that a MAN/father cannot make you a Jew.

Explain the use of the MALE lineage or genealogy in the Tanach.

Cite the FEMALE genealogy that establishes the Jewishness of the people of Israel, using scriptures ONLY.
You cant hide the truth

Cicero, IL

#171314 Apr 9, 2013
Lol, I don't have time for your games Mr./Mrs. Moderator. Only a fool would argue with someone who is unreasonable so either post the Context pre-Badr comment I wrote or consider this my last post.

Location hidden

#171315 Apr 9, 2013
You cant hide the truth wrote:
Oh, i should have realized that you only allow ignorant and abrasive comments to be posted by a select few, rather than well thought out and insightful dialogue. I should have expected nothing less from seeing what has been getting posted recently. Islamophobia at its finest, moderate away...
You are dumb.
Posting the truth about Islam is not Islamopobia.
It is bringing enlightenment to the ignorant Muslims.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171316 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not about me. I am not the one misquoting scripture. Get used to that, dear.
And B....Boy I was NOT supporting him in his misquote. I was aware that he acted like your rabbis and ADDED or doctored scripture.

Location hidden

#171317 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
and you still owe Jesus an apology for misquoting scripture earlier
The Muslims own you Frijolie.
Ha, Ha, Ha.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171318 Apr 9, 2013
BEING JEWISH THROUGH MOTHER LINE

There is nothing in the Bible/Tanakh that supports the rule of a person being a Jewish through his mother.

The rabbis have interpretated certain verses quite irrationally and in faulty ways.

See chapter: About Matrilineal Descent
http://www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm

Location hidden

#171319 Apr 9, 2013
Dont get your panties in a bunch, Mr Hughbe

Location hidden

#171320 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
According to this link the Catholic Church has DECREED that demons are fallen angels. It is not based upon scripture.
----------
The contemporary Roman Catholic Church unequivocally teaches that angels and demons are real beings rather than just symbolic devices. The Catholic Church has a cadre of officially sanctioned exorcists which perform many exorcisms each year. The exorcists of the Catholic Church teach that demons attack humans continually but that afflicted persons can be effectively healed and protected either by the formal rite of exorcism, authorized to be performed only by bishops and those they designate, or by prayers of deliverance, which any Christian can offer for themselves or others.[44]
http://web.archive.org/web/20040405135007/htt...
Yes I know Frijoie the demons are from Jewish folk lore.

The Jews and Muslims are really in to demons and Muslims are into jinn devils BIG TIME.
Are YOU a jinn devil Frijolie?

Location hidden

#171321 Apr 9, 2013
By the way, Hughbe, that was a pretty impressive unprovoked ejection of anger though.

You carry a lot around in your head. I hope for your own sake that at "the home" they only allow you access to butter knives.

Location hidden

#171322 Apr 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
And B....Boy I was NOT supporting him in his misquote. I was aware that he acted like your rabbis and ADDED or doctored scripture.
What doctored scripture do you accuse me of HughBe?
Is not Jesus the Son of God?

Location hidden

#171323 Apr 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
BEING JEWISH THROUGH MOTHER LINE
There is nothing in the Bible/Tanakh that supports the rule of a person being a Jewish through his mother.
The rabbis have interpretated certain verses quite irrationally and in faulty ways.
See chapter: About Matrilineal Descent
http://www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm
"The Torah does not specifically state anywhere that matrilineal descent should be used; however, there are several passages in the Torah where it is understood that the child of a Jewish woman and a non-Jewish man is a Jew, and several other passages where it is understood that the child of a non-Jewish woman and a Jewish man is not a Jew..."

Halacha is based upon a number of considerations, including minhag (tradition).

I cant speak for every Jew, but it is no secret that traditional Judaism interprets (i.e. applies) rather than takes thing literal.

Hence, why I didnt even bother responding to the dingbat from Jamaica.

If you want to call it irrational, thats your prerogative. But faith and ritual observance never claimed to be a rational process.

I am giving Skeptic a hard time NOT because my religious approach is better or worse but because he based his statement SOLEY on a LITERAL citation but yet he made up the citation. Had he cited correctly but then attributed the Son of God to INTERPRETATION that would of been fine. But he got greedy.

I would hope you of all people would understand that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 3 Garry Denke 1
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov '16 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
News Bones, tools unearthed by Alberta flood could f... Oct '16 Rockets Richard Bone 1
News History lesson - Oct '16 Mark Newell PhD -... 1
More from around the web