Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171278 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a child of Satan, Jesus is the Son of God.
Skeptic...don't you feel physically sick worshipping...a "ONE-EYED (other eye is shut)" BUTT NAKED jinn/devil who is dangling off a phallus seducing women to chew his RAW flesh and suck off his FRESH juices seeped in blood?

He tried it on with the lonely woman by the well...
why does he want you to drink his juices all the time?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171279 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said "No one Comes to God the Father except thru Me, Jesus the Son of God."
When and where did he say that? Are you embellishing?
John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
You are a liar.
John 14:6 has been given a LONGER ENDING by you.
....by adding BJ the son of satan..ooops "god""

What's new...the scribes of Mark did it...the scribes of John did it..and now YOU are doing it!!!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#171280 Apr 9, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are insane.
You are also a slave of evil.
Denounce terrorism.
Denounce paedophilia.
Denounce tyranny.
You muztards get all butthurt when we point out the despicable muztard behaviour and say islam is sick.
But you muztards wont speak out and denounce such evil.
You muztards are sick and the embodiment of such evil and wantonly imitate the terrorist paedophile false prophet tyrant mad mo.
Hello undeducated criminal...
Were you dropped on your head (or was it tail?) when you were a slum baby?

I am glad most human beings are everything that you are NOT.

Please never leave your cesspool for the criminally insane.
Thank you.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#171281 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Jesus is the actual Son of God who reigns with the Father over all things in heaven and earth.
Matthew 28:18
New International Version (©2011)
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Where does it say SON OF GOD??????????

Location hidden

#171282 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a child of Satan, Jesus is the Son of God.
And you are a liar

only a liar would embellish scripture.

Location hidden

#171283 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said "No one Comes to God the Father except thru Me, Jesus the Son of God."
When and where did he say that? Are you embellishing?
Where does it say SON of GOD?

It doesnt you dork.

You added that as an INTERPRETATION

Location hidden

#171284 Apr 9, 2013
And stop pretending you arent Skeptic.

Besides it was SHAMMA that still refuses to admit that AD means ACE, and that Greek is the language of Greece.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#171285 Apr 9, 2013
Qadir mengal wrote:
Life Of Mohammad(saw)And Status of Mary in Trinity?
Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise,So as those having interst in life of Mary(rw) and trinity come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has been given from page 33 of topix on this thread, this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located.
Note-Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of life of Mohammad(saw) of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,and10,11,to 18 have appeared on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam so as post no 19 and 20 and others have appeared on page 35 of this thread kindly follow,
Again the posts about (Jesus Mary)and trinity have come on page 38 and 39 of Missunderstanding islam By Qadir mengal.. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread if you questioned him about islam.
rabbee: i have more than enough troubles, here today actually still in TheTorah Happening. than to be worried about some, alleged as only true, new testament quran of yesterday. and if i can't even accept, their new testament in their tanach. i sure as your in hell again, am not going to accept any other new testament here in TheTorah again.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#171286 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were to read atheist's websites, you will often find complaints that the God of the Bible arbitrarily ordered the destruction of entire cities, such as Jericho, just to allow the Jews to have a homeland in the Middle East. How could a loving God command the destruction of all those "innocent" people?
The argument sounds good, but it is utterly false. The unstated assumption is that the people who God ordered destroyed were morally equivalent to the Jews, who replaced them. However, this is what the Bible says about the people who were destroyed:
"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.(Deuteronomy 9:5)
Okay, how "wicked" could those people have been? How about killing their own sons and daughters by burning them in sacrifices to their gods:
"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.(Deuteronomy 12:31)
The wickedness of these people is confirmed in other verses of the Bible.3 So we see that these people are not quite as innocent as the atheists would like you to believe. The fact that these people practiced child sacrifice is also confirmed in the secular writings of the Greeks.4 Then again, maybe those atheists believe that killing your children is not all bad. After all, killing viable pre-born babies is legal in this country (it's called a choice, a.k.a. abortion). For these reasons (and others5), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed.
Did God kill any innocent people along with the evil ones? When God was about to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham asked God if He would destroy the cities if there were 50 righteous people in them.6 God said no. Then Abraham asked the same question if there were 45 righteous people. Every time he dropped the number and got the same answer.
The fact is that God would not have destroyed those cities if there were any righteous people in them. The few righteous who were in those cities He warned ahead of time to get out.7 So, God does not destroy the righteous along with the evil.
God's judgment of people groups found in the Old Testament actually pales in comparison to the judgment He will render at the end of time. According to the New Testament Book of Revelation, God will judge and kill billions of people who reject Him when Jesus returns, including 200 million killed in a single battle.8 Such large armies have never existed in the history of mankind until the last 100 years, suggesting the this judgment could come at any time.
I don't care if they were innocent or wicked people, a god who kills people, it simply shows how impotent he is. Plain and simple.

What fault did the egyptians have if the pharaoh didn't want to let the Hebrews out of Egypt?

You see even your god is evil and worth to be labeled Satan.

I am aware that when you as Christian speaks about god, you mean Yeshua rather than his father YHVH, but you have to make count with OT as well.

As for Yeshua, he wasn't that great either... Yes he said many peaceful things but also evil things as such confirming the absurd law in Torah of who curse its own parents has to be put to death, or call the Samaritan woman, a dog.
Qix

UK

#171287 Apr 9, 2013
An hoax
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

#171288 Apr 9, 2013
John wrote:
There are references to Matt 28:19 from way before the 4th century.
From Ignatius of Antioch to the Philippians -
"Wherefore also the Lord, when He sent forth the apostles to make disciples of all nations, commanded them to baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"
ca. 107-112 AD
"Epistle to the Philippians" is a spurious letter
deceptively attributed to Ignatius (1 of the 3 "apostolic fathers")
uhuh

Madrid, Spain

#171289 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The gospels refer to unclean spirits from other gods.
The "unclean spirits" to be driven away might be identified with the gods of other religions.
"Legion" is called "unclean spirits", and also "demons" in the gospels.
Are you saying that other gods created demons?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171290 Apr 9, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Legion" is called "unclean spirits", and also "demons" in the gospels.
Are you saying that other gods created demons?
Yes.
The Quran verifies that Allah created jinn devils, and jinns are the descendants of Satan.
And Allah says jinns were created before humans.

The demons in the Bible are fallen angels, not jinns.
jinns were worshiped as gods.
http://www.inthenameofallah.org/Jinn%20&%...

Location hidden

#171291 Apr 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
The Quran verifies that Allah created jinn devils, and jinns are the descendants of Satan.
And Allah says jinns were created before humans.
The demons in the Bible are fallen angels, not jinns.
jinns were worshiped as gods.
http://www.inthenameofallah.org/Jinn%20&%...
Kindly educate me to where exactly in your Christian scripture it is written that your demons (legion) were fallen angels.

Location hidden

#171292 Apr 9, 2013
and you still owe Jesus an apology for misquoting scripture earlier

Location hidden

#171293 Apr 9, 2013
According to this link the Catholic Church has DECREED that demons are fallen angels. It is not based upon scripture.

----------
The contemporary Roman Catholic Church unequivocally teaches that angels and demons are real beings rather than just symbolic devices. The Catholic Church has a cadre of officially sanctioned exorcists which perform many exorcisms each year. The exorcists of the Catholic Church teach that demons attack humans continually but that afflicted persons can be effectively healed and protected either by the formal rite of exorcism, authorized to be performed only by bishops and those they designate, or by prayers of deliverance, which any Christian can offer for themselves or others.[44]

http://web.archive.org/web/20040405135007/htt...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171294 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
and you still owe Jesus an apology for misquoting scripture earlier
Impressive and I did not know that I would live to see the day when you would stand up for Jesus, the Christ, the Jew.

You have taken a positive step towards the kingdom of God.

Keep heading in the same direction. The scales shall fall from your eyes.

Much love from JJ
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171295 Apr 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
According to this link the Catholic Church has DECREED that demons are fallen angels. It is not based upon scripture.
----------
The contemporary Roman Catholic Church unequivocally teaches that angels and demons are real beings rather than just symbolic devices. The Catholic Church has a cadre of officially sanctioned exorcists which perform many exorcisms each year. The exorcists of the Catholic Church teach that demons attack humans continually but that afflicted persons can be effectively healed and protected either by the formal rite of exorcism, authorized to be performed only by bishops and those they designate, or by prayers of deliverance, which any Christian can offer for themselves or others.[44]
http://web.archive.org/web/20040405135007/htt...
what do you think they mean by fallen?

Location hidden

#171296 Apr 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you think they mean by fallen?
I am but a simple man. If you base your argument on scripture quotes, I expect to be able to see the explanation in the quote, or quit yanking our chains here.

Location hidden

#171297 Apr 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Impressive and I did not know that I would live to see the day when you would stand up for Jesus, the Christ, the Jew.
You have taken a positive step towards the kingdom of God.
Keep heading in the same direction. The scales shall fall from your eyes.
Much love from JJ
I am not standing up for Jesus, I am holding Skeptic accountable to his posts.

I have no patience for people who make stuff up and then attribute it to someone else.

He could of been quoting Attila the Hun for all I care - and then I would of asked him impolitely to apologize to Attila. Or even you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web