Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#171175 Apr 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy Eric.
http://bible.cc/john/14-6.htm
ahhh, where is the "Jesus Son of G-d" part?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#171176 Apr 8, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We can buy TWO loaves between £1.80 and ££3.00.
Can you ask him to reduce the price please...in "greece"
Matthew 4:4
New International Version (©2011)
Jesus answered, "It is written:'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
New Living Translation (©2007)
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say,'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
4:1-11 Concerning Christ's temptation, observe, that directly after he was declared to be the Son of God, and the Saviour of the world, he was tempted; great privileges, and special tokens of Divine

favour, will not secure any from being tempted.
But if the Holy Spirit witness to our being adopted as children of God, that will answer all the suggestions of the evil spirit. Christ was directed to the combat. If we presume upon our own strength, and tempt the devil to tempt us, we provoke God to leave us to ourselves. Others are tempted, when drawn aside of their own lust, and enticed, Jas 1:14; but our Lord Jesus had no corrupt nature, therefore he was tempted only by the devil.

In the temptation of Christ it appears that our enemy is subtle, spiteful, and very daring; but he can be resisted. It is a comfort to us that Christ suffered, being tempted; for thus it appears that our temptations, if not yielded to, are not sins, they are afflictions only. Satan aimed in all his temptations, to bring Christ to sin against God. 1. He tempted him to despair of his Father's goodness, and to distrust his Father's care concerning him.

It is one of the wiles of Satan to take advantage of our outward condition; and those who are brought into straits have need to double their guard. Christ answered all the temptations of Satan with It is written; to set us an example, he appealed to what was written in the Scriptures. This method we must take, when at any time we are tempted to sin. Let us learn not to take any wrong courses for our supply, when our wants are ever so pressing: in some way or other the Lord will provide. 2. Satan tempted Christ to presume upon his Father's power and protection, in a point of safety. Nor are any extremes more dangerous than despair and presumption, especially in the affairs of our souls.

Satan has no objection to holy places as the scene of his assaults. Let us not, in any place, be off our watch. The holy city is the place, where he does, with the greatest advantage, tempt men to pride and presumption. All high places are slippery places; advancements in the world makes a man a mark for Satan to shoot his fiery darts at.

Is Satan so well versed in Scripture as to be able to quote it readily? He is so. It is possible for a man to have his head full of Scripture notions, and his mouth full of Scripture expressions, while his heart is full of bitter enmity to God and to all goodness.
Satan misquoted the words. If we go out of our way, out of the way of our duty, we forfeit the promise, and put ourselves out of God's protection. This passage, De 8:3, made against the tempter, therefore he left out part. This promise is firm and stands good.

But shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? No. 3. Satan tempted Christ to idolatry with the offer of the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. The glory of the world is the most charming temptation to the unthinking and unwary; by that men are most easily imposed upon.
Christ was tempted to worship Satan. He rejected the proposal with abhorrence. Get thee hence, Satan! Some temptations are openly wicked; and they are not merely to be opposed, but rejected at once.

Deuteronomy 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#171177 Apr 8, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Now your ex master is a conman too...?
My ex-master is deadly and is even more dangerous than say Muhammad, Lenin or Mao.

He commands tremendous occult power that I've seen from very close range and once I "saw" his terrifying vital form and was shocked but brushed it off by giving the excuse that it was an impersonation engineered by the hostile vital beings but deep down in my heart I knew that it was him and no one else.

People who oppose him simply drop dead in minutes or hours or a certain unsettling force invades their nerves and destroys them in a most painful way that's far worse than death by slow poisoning.

I've seen this happening on many occasions and he explicitly warns those who question his authority....

I dedicated a decade of more of my life to serve him and gained a lot in the integral yoga courtesy Sri Aurobindo (while my ex-master simply played the role of tormentor) but this yogic success came with plenty of uncalled for suffering and life threatening attacks....

My ex-master had put out a strong occult force to mind control me and make me a puppet and at times when I'd see through his diabolism I'd be attacked so seriously that I'd forget his flaws and simply concentrate on saving my skin. I've thrown out all his pics and gifts as each of these was radiating such terrible vibes....

He killed my dad, mom and sister using his occult power and broke up my family.

He ruined my mind, emotions and nerves and blocked plans for higher development that exceeds his capacity.

To cut a long story short, he unleashed certain very powerful adverse vital beings at his command on me last year say in oct-nov when I began rebelling and questioning his so-called omnipotence and so-called infallible wisdom and when I began openly rebelling and criticizing him he created hell in my life via occult means and in dec 2012 he put out the most serious attack of my life that would have killed me - I lay writing in severe pain while blood flowed freely from my nostrils and mouth and went into a semi-conscious state. Luckily, I revived and to save myself I had to do something so drastic to cut off his power and this is what saved me.....till now he's trying to get me back under his control in certain ways that may well end disastrously...

I've fallen from a height and am finding it difficult to adjust to the ordinary situation.

The yogic experiences are continuing spontaneously despite me making no effort to activate the force...

My life is in a mess....

These days I keep myself busy with financial investments in prime real estate, blue chip companies, bullion and the like.

My body, mind and emotions are damaged beyond repair and I cover that up with an artificial smile or by indulging in spending huge amounts of money on an almost daily basis to divert my attention. I can't sit still for one moment and am always in pain or distress even though I am recovering slowly but I know the recovery will be partial and that the damage is life-long.

I never experienced love, peace or happiness in my whole life whether in family or with my ex-master. I have seen some of the best in terms of wealth, materialism, academics, intellectualism and mysticism but remain shattered in mind-body.

I was to have a platonic live-in with someone special but she thinks that my damaged state of mind-emotions-body would come in the way and so it's put on hold.

Seeing my deplorable condition, the senior Ezras and the Rozins are in constant touch with me and are trying out various ways of rehabilitating my broken mind, shattered emotions and damaged nerves.

As for me, I have no wish to live and even if I die today I'll go willingly since my life is a torture and there are too many toxic memories and moreover there's no way I can be mended - the damage to my being/body is too serious.

Best Regards.

Location hidden

#171178 Apr 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh, where is the "Jesus Son of G-d" part?
The Jews wanted Jesus killed because He said:
John 10:36
New International Version (©2011)
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,'I am God's Son'?

Do you also want to kill Jesus Eric for saying He is the Son of God?

Location hidden

#171179 Apr 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Exackedly as Snagglepuss would say.
Enjoy Eric.
Who is Allah in America?
Muslims and Christians need to listen.
Take some time to listen to this man speak about the truth about the sameness of Islam and Christianity.

Location hidden

#171180 Apr 8, 2013
Muslim women reveals Muhammad is not a prophet from God.
&li st=PL743DFCC02E77D524
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171181 Apr 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
There is only one way to enter into the Kingdom of God, and that is thru Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Jesus said "No one Comes to God the Father except thru Me, Jesus the Son of God."

You worship a god that created jinn devils for his own purpose of deceiving people.
Jesus was not stupid to say something childish that. Someone else added that bull shit. It makes Jesus look like a petty person.

We worship only the God of Abraham.

Location hidden

#171182 Apr 8, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
Thank you....
Muslim women reveals Muhammad is not a prophet from God.
&li st=PL743DFCC02E77D524
John

Brisbane, Australia

#171183 Apr 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Credit does not go to Christianity. It goes to men, who stood up against the Church and challenged her bullshit.
Those were educated men, who brought progress not the messed up absurd and shit religion known as Christianity.
Jefferson said it soooooooo well:
" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth."
The development came when the filthy Church had lost power.
Jefferson was referring to medieval Catholicism, not the original Christianity and not modern Christianity.
Even medieval Catholicism was tame compared to the brutality and savagery of Islam.
Hey bmz, can you understand why the west world hates and despises the filth of islam that promotes slavery, tyranny, and stupidity???
John

Brisbane, Australia

#171184 Apr 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was not stupid to say something childish that. Someone else added that bull shit. It makes Jesus look like a petty person.
Rejecting anything that doesn't fit you muztard dogma again huh???
You worship satan.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#171185 Apr 8, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Jesus say "I am part of a trinity"..
You are a fool.
"The angel answered and said to her,'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.'"[Luke 1:35]

And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said,“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:16-17

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"[Mt 28:19]

Location hidden

#171186 Apr 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a deceiver like Allah.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#171187 Apr 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>All you need to know MUQ, is that there is only one way to enter into Gods Kingdom, and that is thru Jesus Christ the Son of God.
You are making claims for Jesus, which he did not make.

He told you, to wait for the Promised Comforter , who would guide you into all the truth.

And you have forgotten all about Comforter and got locked into this never ending debate about a Three headed Monster...whom you call Holy Trinity.

Jesus never preached , heard or spoken this uncouth word, today there is hardly any Christian who does not use Holy Trinity hundred times every day.

My Question is, do you know more than Jesus?

How can you put dogmas that Jesus never did?

Have your popes and priests and Paul gone above Jesus?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#171188 Apr 8, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"[Mt 28:19]
This formula "in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit" did not originate till three centuries after Jesus.

How could Jesus have uttered these words to Matthew?

It is an obvious forgery of Biblical Text!!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#171189 Apr 8, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true brother!!
I particularly like what you say about....
"this Three Headed Monster, in which Persons come out and them merge back into this Monster as and when they wish."
These mini ghosts come out and go back in as and when they wish!
This started with their VILE presupposition.....where the "daddy" makes his "daughter" his "wife" and makes her his "mother" AND later makes her his wife/daughter/mother in one!
This woman herself is a "trinity" being daughter/wife/mother!!!
Horrible stuff.
Salaams.
Any one with straight mind and straight thinking would understand how impossible and illogical and unreasonable is this Trinity.

It is strange that these Western People, having broken atom and looking thru microscope on every little things....have drank this Monster inside them, without even understanding it.

They make claims for Jesus, which he never made and which he would shudder even to pronounce when he comes into the world for the second time.

Thank you brother for your support.

Salaaam

MUQ
John

Brisbane, Australia

#171190 Apr 8, 2013
The spectre of islam in the modern world is the spectre of the savage brutal destructive sick religion of the most repulsive third world idiots on earth who are trying feebly to live as parasites off the other nations of the earth whining that their unwilling hosts should also be slaves of the raping butchering paedophile false prophet mad mo.
No muztards, we don't want you.

Location hidden

#171191 Apr 8, 2013
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#171192 Apr 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have problems of comprehension?
I never said I know the battle of Badr... Bmz made an affermation unsupported by Quran, unless one uses non-quranic sources, that came centuries later after the supposed event and to which reliability is highly questionable, to find little details that match with Quran story found in the 8th chapter.
Again you are making claims without understanding.

Quran was revealed during the Battle of Badr. So it is eyewitness and most accurate account of Battle of Badr.

Whatever else info you get is After the fact, so every thing MUST CONFORM to Quran and not the otherwise.

That is why I said, your logic is reversed.

You have no info of your self, only speculation and distorting the Islamic info and creating doubts into yours and who listen to you.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#171193 Apr 8, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-83

Chapter 183 On Humility

While they sat at meat the scribe said:'O master, you said that God loves true humility. Tell us therefore what is humility, and how it can be true and false.'[Jesus replied:] "Truly I say to you that he who becomes not as a little child shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Every one was amazed at hearing this, and they said one to another:'Now how shall he become a little child who is thirty or forty years old? Surely, this is a hard saying.'
Jesus answered:'As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, my words are true. I said to you that [a man] has need to become as a little child: for this is true humility. For if you ask a little child: "Who has made your garments?" he will answer: "My father." If you ask him whose is the house where he lives, he will say: "My father's." If you shall say:
"Who gives you to eat?" he will reply: "My father." If you shall say: "Who has taught you to walk and to speak?" he will answer; "My father." But if you shall say: "Who has broken your forehead, for that you have your forehead so bound up?" he will answer: "I fell down, and so did I break my head." …

Chapter 184 Contd.

Tell me, is this true?' said Jesus. The disciples and the scribe answered:'It is most true.' Then Jesus said:'He who in truth of heart recognizes God as the author of all good, and himself as the author of sin, shall be truly humble. But whoever shall speak with the tongue as the child speaks, and shall contradict [the same] in act, assuredly he has false humility and true pride. For pride is then at its height when it makes use of humble things, that it be not reprehended and spurned of men.

True humility is a lowliness of the soul whereby man knows himself in truth; but false humility is a mist from hell which so darkens the understanding of the soul that what a man ought to ascribe to himself, he ascribes to God, and what he ought to ascribe to God, he ascribes to himself. Thus, the man of false humility will say that he is a grievous sinner, but when one tells him that he is a sinner he will wax wroth against him, and will persecute him. The man of false humility will say that God has given him all that he has, but that he on his part has not slumbered, but done good works. And these Pharisees of this present time, brethren, tell me how they walk.'

The scribe answered, weeping: "O master, the Pharisees of the present time have the garments and the name of Pharisees, but in their heart and their works they are Canaanites. And would to God they usurped not such a name, for then would they not deceive the simple! O ancient time, how cruelly have you dealt with us, that have taken away from us the true Pharisees and left us the false!'

Note: Is it not surprising that Gospels should have blocked these things out?- MUQ
(Abridged)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#171194 Apr 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews wanted Jesus killed because He said:

John 10:36 New International Version (©2011)
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,'I am God's Son'?

Do you also want to kill Jesus Eric for saying He is the Son of God?
These are all scripts written in the 5th Century onwards.

If a blind Christian reads John 10 on Braille, he will think "Where and when did he say he was God's son before 10:36?

You can see how they fabricated John. Read this before John 10:30:

"24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying,“How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered,“I did tell you, but you do not believe. "

This gives rise to a serious question. Where and when did he tell them? He had never told them.

That is why I always tell you that John is not reliable because many Johns wrote John.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web