Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
160,421 - 160,440 of 200,004 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY a fool would say that Quran is not from God and your "holy" bible with millions of translation "issues" is from GOD.
Skeptic... your books mislead you into worshipping a naked pagan on a phallus.
Quran says "Worship Allah".
Yea, lie Alex.
Muslims worship Satan and his jinn devils.
The truth is out Alex, you can not hide the truth with your lies any more.
The Quran is the works of Satan.For over 1400 years Muslims have been Murdering Christians over these false scriptures in the Quran.

"After the negative experiences which depressed Mohammed, Khadijah sent him to her cousin, Waraqa, to convince him that Mohammed was called to be a prophet of Allah.

Waraqa succeeded in his task and became responsible for most of the Qur’anic verses at the beginning.

Waraqa inserted Ebionite doctrines about Jesus in the Qur’an, stating that Jesus was a prophet, and that He was not crucified, but God made someone to resemble Jesus.
That one was crucified because the crowd thought he was Jesus.
This doctrine was first initiated by Simon, the magician from Samaria, who later founded a heresy which took his name, Simonianism.

In reality, Simon created the root for such doctrine, before it was developed by the Gnostics in later times. Here, I present Simon the magician’s idea about Jesus, which Hyppolytus reported in “The Refutation of all heresies”:

Jesus Christ being transformed, and being assimilated to the rulers and powers and angels, came for the restoration (of things). And so (it was that Jesus) appeared as man, when in reality he was not a man. And (so it was) that likewise he suffered, though not actually undergoing suffering, but appearing to the Jews to do so.[xxx][30]

The idea that the people crucified someone whom God made to resemble Jesus was embraced by some heresy-believing groups which were known to have immoral values, such as free sex and connections with occultism. Waraqa belonged to one of these cults.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad ...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but we also believe in prophets prior to prophet Mohammed peace be upon him, for example Moses peace be upon him is mentioned many many times in quran , so is Ibrahim and Adam
But you were asking about direct mention of those sites within the Jewish Scriptures

But if you want to enlarge the conversation, the Jewish scriptures (tanakh) never mention Islam, or that Moses (et al) was a Islamic prophet. Islam does not exist. The Islamic scriptures lay that claim. As a Jew I would not bother with someone else's scriptures, but I can comment on my own.

UhUh did mention some vaugue reference to something to something in the Jewish midrash. Midrash is not tanach, it was formualted centuries later (though still pre Islam). It is commentary and religious fiction, and not theology.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> Muslims worshiping jinn devils is pagan.
But it is okay for Muslims to chop off every one else heads.
Muslim are the evil in the world.
Muslims worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God of Abraham.

On the other hand, Jesus was and still is worshipped by demons and pagans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure about Islam and I believe in the Quran as being the word of God
Stefano are you Christian or Jewish
definitely not one of my boys
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you gave me my first chuckle of the day.
P.S. God has taught me, thank you for your lovely comments, Alex.
<quoted text>
(As I continued reading your posts, I began to understand more about what you're saying -- bringing a smile to my lips.)
<quoted text>
I see what you're saying. It took me time, but as one tries to understand the mysterious, the above conclusions are what one must arrive at.
Hello NQ!
Thank you for your nice post that made me smile loads!
I am glad that my many versions of "god" are beginning to make some sense.
These are not meant to be insults but just a request from these poor folks to point out their god/gods from the list.
Skeptic shamma, paul wv, other "pole"micists are unable to confidently point out their "god" or gods"
peace
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have lost the plot skeptic.
YOU worship THREE DEMONS...daddy..sonny and ghosty.
Indeed!

It is true that the triune God was created by Demons and pagans.

The Demons knew Jesus best. I am sure you must have noticed that only Demons and Pagans called Jesus, Son of God.

Remember this: " Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Messiah."

And this: "Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!" "

One can see claerly that only the demons and the pagan Romans believed that he ws the the son of God, while the locals did not.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
definitely not one of my boys
lol!

That was a good one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God of Abraham.
On the other hand, Jesus was and still is worshipped by demons and pagans.
You lie Muslim.
Muhammad;s religion has no connection to Abraham, and Moses.
Ishmael abandoned the God of Israel, the Jews went to war against the tribes of Ismael.
Muhammad never worshiped the God of Israel.
You lie Muslim.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how battles were fought back then. If one did not kill one would be killed. You wanted Allah ordering Muslims, "Do not resist and get killed!"
If that was the modus operandi back then there was no reason for Allah to order it.

It's laughable that a god would order things, even cruel because that is how battles were fought back then.

Moreover if your god is almighty he would have avoid any war and resolved things totally in another manner. But Muhammad, hmm sorry I mean Allah only acts and thinks as a human being...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something. Two Italian marines are under trial in India for killing two Indian fishermen. Did the fishermen attack them or fire upon them first?
No.

Changing the issue it won't hide the cruely and unnecessary order of your god.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure about Islam and I believe in the Quran as being the word of God
Stefano are you Christian or Jewish
Really if your god is omniscient why Quran contains many mistakes?

Am not a Christian nor a Jewish. Any problem?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never claimed to be a scholar but I am correct in what is the interpretation...
The scholar thing that I said to you was only a polite way to say you are quite ignorant. Each believer not matter to what religion group belong to has to be a little scholar and not rely on others.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello NQ!
Thank you for your nice post that made me smile loads!
I am glad that my many versions of "god" are beginning to make some sense.
These are not meant to be insults but just a request from these poor folks to point out their god/gods from the list.
Skeptic shamma, paul wv, other "pole"micists are unable to confidently point out their "god" or gods"
peace
You are a Muslim liar Alex.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Muslim liar Alex.
I did not know there was more than one God.

Is the Ten Commandments (devarim) in error?
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>But you were asking about direct mention of those sites within the Jewish Scriptures

But if you want to enlarge the conversation, the Jewish scriptures (tanakh) never mention Islam, or that Moses (et al) was a Islamic prophet. Islam does not exist. The Islamic scriptures lay that claim. As a Jew I would not bother with someone else's scriptures, but I can comment on my own.

UhUh did mention some vaugue reference to something to something in the Jewish midrash. Midrash is not tanach, it was formualted centuries later (though still pre Islam). It is commentary and religious fiction, and not theology.
Ok I understand that the Jewish scriptures would not mention islamic teachings or any reference to as islamic revelation came afterwards

But what I was interested to understand was if in any Jewish scriptures historical or religious if the Kaaba which Islam states was built first built by prophet Adam and then rebuilt by prophet Ibrahim...and zam zam Ismail, and Mecca it's self... Is mentioned

There seems to be within Judaism variations of what is credible, I have not read too much about judaism, in regards it's religious and historical scriptures that's why I sought further opinion
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>The scholar thing that I said to you was only a polite way to say you are quite ignorant. Each believer not matter to what religion group belong to has to be a little scholar and not rely on others.
Sorry stefano I don't do insults

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I understand that the Jewish scriptures would not mention islamic teachings or any reference to as islamic revelation came afterwards
But what I was interested to understand was if in any Jewish scriptures historical or religious if the Kaaba which Islam states was built first built by prophet Adam and then rebuilt by prophet Ibrahim...and zam zam Ismail, and Mecca it's self... Is mentioned
There seems to be within Judaism variations of what is credible, I have not read too much about judaism, in regards it's religious and historical scriptures that's why I sought further opinion
I have already told you that Jewish scripture don't contain any of that, Mecca, Kaaba, Zamzam Adam built Kaaba, and then Avraham. That is onlyone of the many islamic inventions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry stefano I don't do insults
Sorry I failed to see where I insulted you...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know there was more than one God.
Is the Ten Commandments (devarim) in error?
Well Frijolie, you know now because I am telling you that the Muslim god Allah is not the same God of Israel.

Do the Jews treat women and young girls the same as Muslims who worship the God Allah?
Watch this video and then tell me again that the Muslim god is the
same as the God of Israel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Alex123 WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Muslim liar Alex.
Why should I limit my GOD to God of ONE man or tribe?
I worship THE GOD of EVERYTHING CREATED including Israel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Excavation uncovers ancient Lapita Sun jestr 3
Tonga Was Once A Major Trading Hub, Artifacts Show Sun jestr 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Sun husayn 178
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Sun fan of boru 2
Cistern found at St. Augustine property Jul 23 Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
•••
•••